Forum Jump: 

post #2761 of 2774 Old 02-09-2009, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNOregon View Post

I just got a PS3 and I've got the same questions some other folks asked in here but they never seem to have gotten an answer. Does this TV support the Full Range Color and SuperWhite options on the PS3 over HDMI connection? Any other recommended settings for those who have a PS3? Thanks.

I can't speak to the superwhite, as I haven't seen any difference on my equipment, but the TV will support full range RGB. It dims the picture considerably, though. For dark scenes on Bluray, I had to bring my brightness up to 75 from 47 after turning full RGB on. I personally didn't like the result, but feel free to give it a try - make sure you compare different video sources with it, though (DVD, BD, Games, Video files).
Let me know what you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2762 of 2774 Old 02-16-2009, 02:27 PM

I didn't have this problem before I replaced my Bulb in TV(KFE42A10) but my wife and son noticed while we watching a hockey game the centre of the screen is a faint yellow. It not that annoying you really have to look for it everything else is fine but it wasn't there before I changed my bulb. I was wondering if any else has had this happen to them and hopefully could have solution to correct this.
post #2763 of 2774 Old 03-16-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miester View Post

I didn't have this problem before I replaced my Bulb in TV(KFE42A10) but my wife and son noticed while we watching a hockey game the centre of the screen is a faint yellow. It not that annoying you really have to look for it everything else is fine but it wasn't there before I changed my bulb. I was wondering if any else has had this happen to them and hopefully could have solution to correct this.

Probably the result of a failed optical block - a costly repair (this is quickly becoming an epidemic among Sony rear projection televisions). Go to sonya20tvclassaction dot com to learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
post #2764 of 2774 Old 07-28-2009, 07:50 PM

okay, time to revive an old thread... I've done the red push and greyscale tweaks a long time ago, but just wanted to see what calibrated settings most of you recommend for this set. Thanks!
post #2765 of 2774 Old 11-16-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongnog View Post

okay, time to revive an old thread... I've done the red push and greyscale tweaks a long time ago, but just wanted to see what calibrated settings most of you recommend for this set. Thanks!

I probably have much different products than you are using but if you wanna know what settings I found to be great after the red push and greayscale tweaks:
[note I'll probably edit this post dozens of times as new stuff is added/old taken away]

Coaxial
Over-the-Air (480i, 720p, 1080i)
Custom
Iris - 2
Picture - 80
Brightness - 48
Color - 28
Hue - G5
Color Temp - Warm 2
Sharpness - 15
Noise R. - Off
DRC - ---
DRC cp - ---
Advanced Video:
Black Corrector - Off
Advanced Iris - Low
Gamma - Max
Clear White - Off
Live Color - Low

HDMI via Monoprice switchbox
D-VHS (JVC HM-DT100u, 480p)
Custom
Iris - 2
Picture - 80
Brightness - 51
Color - 59
Hue - G5
Color Temp - Warm 2
Sharpness - 15
Noise R. - Off
DRC - ---
DRC cp - ---
Advanced Video:
Black Corrector - Off
Advanced Iris - Low
Gamma - Max
Clear White - Off
Live Color - Off

HD DVD (Toshiba HD-XA1, 720p [DVD], 1080i [HD DVD])
Custom
Iris - 2
Picture - 80
Brightness - 48
Color - 55
Hue - G5
Color Temp - Warm 2
Sharpness - 15
Noise R. - Off
DRC - ---
DRC cp - ---
Advanced Video:
Black Corrector - Off
Advanced Iris - Low
Gamma - Max
Clear White - Off
Live Color - Off

Blu-ray (Panasonic DMP-BD70v, 720p [DVD], 1080i [Blu-ray])
Custom
Iris - 2
Picture - 80
Brightness - 48
Color - 55
Hue - G5
Color Temp - Warm 2
Sharpness - 15
Noise R. - Off
DRC - ---
DRC cp - ---
Advanced Video:
Black Corrector - Off
Advanced Iris - Low
Gamma - Max
Clear White - Off
Live Color - Off

Microsoft Xbox 360 (720p)
Custom
Iris - 2
Picture - 80
Brightness - 64
Color - 52
Hue - G5
Color Temp - Warm 2
Sharpness - 15
Noise R. - Off
DRC - ---
DRC cp - ---
Advanced Video:
Black Corrector - Off
Advanced Iris - Low
Gamma - Max
Clear White - Off
Live Color - Off

Component
Sony PlayStation2, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo GameCube, Microsoft Xbox (480p)
Custom
Iris - 2
Picture - 80
Brightness - 50
Color - 46
Hue - G5
Color Temp - Warm 2
Sharpness - 15
Noise R. - Off
DRC - ---
DRC cp - ---
Advanced Video:
Black Corrector - Off
Advanced Iris - Low
Gamma - Max
Clear White - Off
Live Color - Off

I had an S-VHS machine hooked up at one point via s-video before the D-VHS arrived and I just recently switched the Xbox 360 from VGA to HDMI. I've also used a Micomsoft XRGB-2+ via VGA for various game consoles as well.

It took me forever and a day to get the D-VHS machine "just right." The previous S-VHS unit was easy as pie but due to all the upconverting the D-VHS machine does, well, that's why my settings may appear really odd but trust me, either via Component or HDMI these are the setting that make VHS and S-VHS look "wow" from this machine

I'm still trying to find "the best" settings for Over-the-Air high definition reception. I've got a pretty good one for me and my tastes but colors are a bit off still depending on the program and station. If anyone can post what they use for Over-the-Air I'd like to see it
post #2766 of 2774 Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeman View Post

Mel. HUE_OFFSET1 is in the CST and Sub CST section. He also adjusted SUB_CONT and SUB_BRIGHT in the CTT section after the reset to 50. I'll post those later. CH_ITU_MODE is 0000. CH_AXIS1 is 0016 on the 50a10 and 0017 on the 42a10. Some other settings which were identical on both sets:

RGAINOFFSET 9B
GGAINOFFSET 81
RBIASOFFSET 60

RBIASOFFSET 61
GBIASOFFSET 5F
BBIASOFFSET 59

Keep in mind that everyone's sets tolerances are different however these settings may improve your image somewhat. I thought it interesting that certain adjustments were near identical for both a10s.

I know it's been a while since you shared this, but any chance you can post those SUB_CONT and SUB_BRIGHT settings that go along with your rgb master/offsets?

Just trying to get an idea as I calibrate my set with an i1 LT and the HCFR software. I think SUB_CONT and SUB_BRIGHT are pretty important, as I suspect these set the "floor" for the user brightness/picture settings; meaning you can leave brightness at 50 and picture at 90 on the user menu, but the proper offsets are set in the service menu...

Thanks much,

Sam T
post #2767 of 2774 Old 01-17-2010, 09:32 PM

Hi, I own Sony Wega LCD Projection TV (KF-E42A10) for last 3 years and had a display problem since yesterday. The screen appearing with complete dots instead of plain blue screen when I switches on. However the wega menu function works good but still I cannot able to play any videos or cannot able to connect the cable services clearly except the image appears dotted. I would appreciate if you can find me the solution. Thank you.
post #2768 of 2774 Old 01-22-2010, 10:28 AM

sonysamuelm - Sounds like an optical block issue. If so, that isn't good
post #2769 of 2774 Old 01-23-2010, 05:54 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonysamuelm View Post

Hi, I own Sony Wega LCD Projection TV (KF-E42A10) for last 3 years and had a display problem since yesterday. The screen appearing with complete dots instead of plain blue screen when I switches on. However the wega menu function works good but still I cannot able to play any videos or cannot able to connect the cable services clearly except the image appears dotted. I would appreciate if you can find me the solution. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gar3 View Post

sonysamuelm - Sounds like an optical block issue. If so, that isn't good

I would agree with that. My TV recently started showing the same problems
post #2770 of 2774 Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 AM

Greets all,

I own the KDFE42A10; does anyone know if there is a gamma control in the service menu? The user (WEGA gate) gamma control only goes "higher," I need to go "lower"...

Thanks much,

Sam T
post #2771 of 2774 Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtny View Post

Greets all,

I own the KDFE42A10; does anyone know if there is a gamma control in the service menu? The user (WEGA gate) gamma control only goes "higher," I need to go "lower"...

Thanks much,

Sam T

To answer my own question, yes there is a gamma control in the service menu; it's called "P_GAMMA". Set it to 0023 (default is 0020) to achieve roughly 2.25 display gamma for this set. There may be other values that provide the same effect, but this is what I settled on. Note that you must "toggle" the "Gamma" setting in the user menu (WEGA gate) for the new P_GAMMA setting to take effect.
post #2772 of 2774 Old 02-21-2010, 05:41 PM

I have done the red /gray push 2 yrs ago. Just got a new lamp and want to reset all to defaults.
My set is a kdf-e50a10 is it hold up and press the power on on the set?

XBL- Z3ROx24
post #2773 of 2774 Old 03-27-2010, 01:33 PM

Just checked my lamp time yesterday, never looked at it since I bought it in 2006. It shows 7894 hrs on the lamp, pretty happy It probably will need replacing sometimes soon , do you think I can run the tv till the lamp dies or would I be better off to replace it now. I don't want the lamp to explode. I don't mind the dimness I'm used to it so it does not show to me (and I'm watching my movies on my PJ and the 100 inch screen) mostly use this set for news watching some playing and the kid's cartoons.

I was looking at lamp price and it seems to hover at about 100$ (which is a lot less than a new tv). So I don't really mind repalcing it now if it prevent problems. What does a lamp do when it fails?
post #2774 of 2774 Old 03-27-2010, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkepik1975 View Post

Just checked my lamp time yesterday, never looked at it since I bought it in 2006. It shows 7894 hrs on the lamp, pretty happy It probably will need replacing sometimes soon , do you think I can run the tv till the lamp dies or would I be better off to replace it now. I don't want the lamp to explode. I don't mind the dimness I'm used to it so it does not show to me (and I'm watching my movies on my PJ and the 100 inch screen) mostly use this set for news watching some playing and the kid's cartoons.

I was looking at lamp price and it seems to hover at about 100$ (which is a lot less than a new tv). So I don't really mind repalcing it now if it prevent problems. What does a lamp do when it fails?

Your lamp is not going to explode when it burns out. One day you will turn on the set and the lamp will burn out just like an ordinary light bulb. However, you probaly won't see a flash as the bulb is internal and it's so fast, the screen won't even illuminate. Occasionally, a lamp will burn out during use, but that's rare.
Having said that, if you replaced your bulb now, you would notice a nice difference in brightness plus you'd have your old one as a spare if you keep the set for another 8000 hours.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page