>>The Official Mitsubishi 1080p DLP Owners Thread<< - Page 154 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #4591 of 5412 Old 10-05-2008, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone else care to comment? I'm not familiar with THAT Mits model. Is it an older one? I saw a 65835 at the local Ultimate Electronics, but other than a Sat feed, the sales rep wouldn't hook up a DVD or Blu Ray player to give me a demo. How do these people expect to sell anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 5412 Old 10-06-2008, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Moore View Post

Anyone else care to comment? I'm not familiar with THAT Mits model. Is it an older one? I saw a 65835 at the local Ultimate Electronics, but other than a Sat feed, the sales rep wouldn't hook up a DVD or Blu Ray player to give me a demo. How do these people expect to sell anything?

I have a 73927 and haven't experienced any of the problems discussed by Hyabusha and some others on this fourm. For me, it's been a great purchase, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Bob
post #4593 of 5412 Old 10-06-2008, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDV View Post

I have a 73927 and haven't experienced any of the problems discussed by Hyabusha and some others on this fourm. For me, it's been a great purchase, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Bob

No problems here, I love my Mits. ^_^

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #4594 of 5412 Old 10-06-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha View Post

No problems here, I love my Mits. ^_^

Oops . . . sorry Hyabusha . . . guess I got my posts mixed up
post #4595 of 5412 Old 10-06-2008, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDV View Post

Oops . . . sorry Hyabusha . . . guess I got my posts mixed up

np

Hey we have the same tv, sweet!

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #4596 of 5412 Old 10-07-2008, 08:45 AM

I have a new unopened #915P049020 warranty lamp. Will send a used housing as well. It's listed on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001AJ05C8
post #4597 of 5412 Old 10-13-2008, 12:57 PM

Third time in less than 2 years, my WS-52631 has caused problems.

First was the noted thermistor issue
Second was the premature bulb burnout

Now, when I power on the TV, there is a fast clicking sound for 3 seconds. The high speed fan then comes on for 10 seconds, then the fast clicking comes on for 3 seconds. Fan again, then clicking, then power off.

Good thing I have an extended warranty, although they don't do anything over the weekend. The contract Circuit City has with Mitsubishi requires Mitsubishi to 'triage' with you over the phone. Guess what? Their triage people work weekdays only. Lovely.

I hate this TV. I have owned a number of Mits products over the years (4 TVs, 2 Vcrs) and this is the last product I will buy from them.

Advice to anyone out there - don't buy a Mits and don't get a DLP.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Thos that understand binary and those that don't.
post #4598 of 5412 Old 10-16-2008, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'll be hooking up my first BD player (Pany BD55) this weekend (HDMI for video) I've got the 65833 set. Does anyone have tips or advice on any settings to ensure I get the optimum 1080P/24 display, or is it all automatic?
post #4599 of 5412 Old 10-17-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnotiq View Post

To expand on that: you cannot just connect ANY 1394 HDD to the TV. It must be an "AV" disk.
Which means it has drivers the TV can recognize and communicate properly with.

any thoughts about connecting an avhdd disk to my mits or links would be appreciated. I am having a hard time following threads about recording to and playing from an external hard drive. Especially would like a link or lead to a specific company and hdd unit that will work for me.

thanks dadob
post #4600 of 5412 Old 10-17-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadob View Post

any thoughts about connecting an avhdd disk to my mits or links would be appreciated. I am having a hard time following threads about recording to and playing from an external hard drive. Especially would like a link or lead to a specific company and hdd unit that will work for me.

thanks dadob

I do not believe anyone is currently manufacturing these devices. The last was Indigita with their Cinemavu line which now seems to be defunct. You may be able to find them on eBay, with RCA Scenium being one of the other models of AVHDD/AVDISK that existed at one time.
post #4601 of 5412 Old 10-18-2008, 04:08 PM

For the past 6 weeks, my wd62627 has been unplugged, wrapped in plastic, and located in my dining room (I had to tear out and replace the living room's drywall after discovering a thriving mold colony behind it).

Today, I finally got enough of the room "done" to be able to watch TV for the first time in weeks, but when I moved the TV back and plugged it in, all that happened was the power/timer light blinked green for about 2 minutes, then the TV "played dead". It ignores the power button on the front, as well as all 3 remote controls (OEM, DirecTV, and a universal). If I press the "reset" button on the front using a pencil tip, I hear what sounds like a relay click, the light blinks again for another minute or two... then it plays dead again. I've spent the past hour trying various permutations of unplugging and plugging it back in, pressing reset one or more times between unplugging, and letting it sit after it finished blinking -- all to no avail.

If it matters, I have nothing connected to any of its inputs right now. Before moving it, I had the DirecTV and HD-DVD players connected via HDMI, and a Gamecube connected via component. I had some major customizations done via NetCommand, too.

I remember that when I first bought the TV, I went through hell for a half hour before it finally powered up for no apparent reason in response to semi-randomly mashing buttons and physically cycling the power in frustration, then worked fine thereafter... but I can't figure out how to replicate whatever it was that I did back then to make it happen.

No other lights blink or illuminate. Pressing the "power" button doesn't have any visible or audible effect (no relay-click like I get by pressing "reset").

Any ideas? Maybe some way of doing a "harder" reset, like holding in the reset button while plugging it in, or something of that nature?
post #4602 of 5412 Old 10-18-2008, 04:40 PM

Well, lightning DOES strike twice. Apparently, leaving the TV plugged in for ~20 minutes after the green light stopped blinking seems to have enabled it to turn on. Before coming upstairs to post the message, I hit 'reset' one last time, and walked away. I went downstairs after posting, hit 'power', and it worked.

Something is still not quite right, though... when I tried to power it off by pressing the 'power' button on the OEM remote, the TV turned off... then turned back on again ~2 seconds later. Pressing the 'power' button on the TV itself seemed to work (I just hope pressing it LATER turns the TV back ON...)

Sigh. I have a major love-hate relationship with this TV. When it works, it's great. When it gets moody, well...
post #4603 of 5412 Old 11-01-2008, 03:50 PM

Does anyone know how I can retsore my WD-65835 to it's factory settings? I think while I was in the service menu my kid saved the current settings to the backup settings. Now when I select restore keystone and white balance it keeps going to MY settings.
post #4604 of 5412 Old 11-01-2008, 05:55 PM

Anyone know why this would happen out of the blue or what failed? Fix?

Hard to see in the picture, but exactly half of the screen is dead. Doesn't matter what source I use, HDMI or other. It's a 52628.

post #4605 of 5412 Old 11-02-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowchip View Post

Anyone know why this would happen out of the blue or what failed? Fix?

Hard to see in the picture, but exactly half of the screen is dead. Doesn't matter what source I use, HDMI or other. It's a 52628.

Bad light engine. Call for service.
post #4606 of 5412 Old 11-02-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone1008 View Post

Does anyone know how I can retsore my WD-65835 to it's factory settings? I think while I was in the service menu my kid saved the current settings to the backup settings. Now when I select restore keystone and white balance it keeps going to MY settings.

If you key in on the remote: menu-2-4-7-0

The top option should be restore defaults, or initialize, or something similar.
post #4607 of 5412 Old 11-02-2008, 11:24 AM

Does anyone know by chance the going rate for a light engine for that 52628?

I just bought a Samsung LN52A750 and the picture is outstanding. It beats the Mits hands down. The 52628 was a good device, don't get me wrong, but wow.
post #4608 of 5412 Old 11-02-2008, 08:26 PM

I got home tonight and when I turned on my Mitsubishi WD-65733 I noticed a vivid black spot (which resembled a bug) towards the upper right corner of the screen... I went up to brush the bug off the screen and discovered that while it was indeed a bug (a nat of some kind) it was stuck INSIDE the screen. I appears dead and I tried taping on the screen to see if it would move (on its own) or fall to the bottom of the screen but no such luck.

Anyone ever had this situation before? I need to get it out of there... it is really obvious and I was staring at it the entire time I was watching TV... Any advice on what to do?

I bought the tv in January so I think it is still under Mitsubishi's 1 year limited warranty but I dont know/ think they will cover a dead bug...

I am officially seeing Purple
post #4609 of 5412 Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianscloset View Post

I got home tonight and when I turned on my Mitsubishi WD-65733 I noticed a vivid black spot (which resembled a bug) towards the upper right corner of the screen... I went up to brush the bug off the screen and discovered that while it was indeed a bug (a nat of some kind) it was stuck INSIDE the screen. I appears dead and I tried taping on the screen to see if it would move (on its own) or fall to the bottom of the screen but no such luck.

Anyone ever had this situation before? I need to get it out of there... it is really obvious and I was staring at it the entire time I was watching TV... Any advice on what to do?

I bought the tv in January so I think it is still under Mitsubishi's 1 year limited warranty but I dont know/ think they will cover a dead bug...

They should cover dead bugs in this case. The scream should be sealed and not allow little animals to get inside.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #4610 of 5412 Old 11-03-2008, 02:15 PM

On each side of the TV, there are service ports that are held in with one phillips screw.
Remove that and reach inside to clean the screen, mirror, or lens. It's easy, and that's
what it's there for. I've done it on my 57" a few times for the same thing.
post #4611 of 5412 Old 11-06-2008, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I have the Mits 65" and I love it, too much maybe 'cause its getting some hours on the clock.

Anybody have good advice on where to get a reliable replacement lamp for this puppy?

thanks!
post #4612 of 5412 Old 11-06-2008, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushfilm View Post

Hi everyone,

I have the Mits 65" and I love it, too much maybe 'cause its getting some hours on the clock.

Anybody have good advice on where to get a reliable replacement lamp for this puppy?

thanks!

http://www.mitsuparts.com/?CFID=1031...TOKEN=50689834

Revo Ion...XBMC For Windows...Dharma RC2
post #4613 of 5412 Old 11-06-2008, 06:23 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Hi everyone,

thanks!

Got mine on ebay. If I can get to my file cabinet I will tell you the ebay store and the guys name. The one I got form him failed in 10 months but my set is never off. He sent me a new one no questions asked. They are Ozram bulbs. Still going strong. He sells bulb by itself cheaper than whole housing. Also if you are still in warranty check link above mine. They will send you the whole lamp assy. Mits. will tell you they want your old one back. I never sent mine in. I still have the one they sent me as a back up.
Oh and Mits will take their sweet time to ship it. Five days to get mine from Mits. They offer no option of next day air even if you pay.

PSN ID mitzman

post #4614 of 5412 Old 11-07-2008, 09:18 AM

Thanks, I'll look into the Ebay thing. Anyone deal with Suburban electronics? They offer the lamp at a price less than Mits, but I don't want an off-brand lamp that doesn't last.
post #4615 of 5412 Old 11-07-2008, 09:20 AM

I forgot, is it difficult to replace only the lamp and not the entire housing. I have never taken this thing apart to look inside so I'm not sure how it works. Any thoughts?
post #4616 of 5412 Old 11-07-2008, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

I forgot, is it difficult to replace only the lamp and not the entire housing. I have never taken this thing apart to look inside so I'm not sure how it works. Any thoughts?

Look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVAAO25Zing

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #4617 of 5412 Old 11-07-2008, 01:17 PM

Well I called Mits to see what they had to say about my 52628 1/2 screen issue and got the boilerplate language right out of the customer service playbook, which wasn't a surprise. It would sure be nice to speak with someone in a service or technical department to pick their brain a little and get a feeling of where I stand, but I think I know that answer already.

So now they say I have to haul this boat anchor to a repair facility about 60 miles from my home, where I'll just find out it's the optical engine and will probably cost $1500 to repair. I bought this DLP three years and two months ago for over $3000 when they were just coming to the market, with the mindset that I was getting a quality product. Boy was I wrong. You can do the math on what it's cost me per year and that's unacceptable. With the $1500 I could sink into it to get it repaired, I could go buy a new 60" for less than that and have a new DLP that will probably fail in three years too.

I spoke with the local Mitsubishi dealer and they told me about the numerous issues just their customers have had with the Mitsubishi DLPs, and this is a town of under 20,000. It makes you wonder how many others across the country have been disappointed with their Mits DLP's.

Needless to say I will NEVER buy a Mitsubishi product again. In fact, the picture on the Samsung 52" LCD that I bought to replace it with is 10x better than the first day I powered up this thing. Can the Sammy fail in less than three years, sure, but at least I won't be burned twice by the same company. I've learned my lesson.

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with this useless 52" TV. I wonder if garbage curbside pick-up will take this thing? Does any one know the lifting capacity of those little grapplers on the sides of the trucks? Maybe they can just grab and sling it right into the crusher....
post #4618 of 5412 Old 11-09-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowchip View Post

Well I called Mits to see what they had to say about my 52628 1/2 screen issue and got the boilerplate language right out of the customer service playbook, which wasn't a surprise. It would sure be nice to speak with someone in a service or technical department to pick their brain a little and get a feeling of where I stand, but I think I know that answer already.

So now they say I have to haul this boat anchor to a repair facility about 60 miles from my home, where I'll just find out it's the optical engine and will probably cost $1500 to repair. I bought this DLP three years and two months ago for over $3000 when they were just coming to the market, with the mindset that I was getting a quality product. Boy was I wrong. You can do the math on what it's cost me per year and that's unacceptable. With the $1500 I could sink into it to get it repaired, I could go buy a new 60" for less than that and have a new DLP that will probably fail in three years too.

I spoke with the local Mitsubishi dealer and they told me about the numerous issues just their customers have had with the Mitsubishi DLPs, and this is a town of under 20,000. It makes you wonder how many others across the country have been disappointed with their Mits DLP's.

Needless to say I will NEVER buy a Mitsubishi product again. In fact, the picture on the Samsung 52" LCD that I bought to replace it with is 10x better than the first day I powered up this thing. Can the Sammy fail in less than three years, sure, but at least I won't be burned twice by the same company. I've learned my lesson.

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with this useless 52" TV. I wonder if garbage curbside pick-up will take this thing? Does any one know the lifting capacity of those little grapplers on the sides of the trucks? Maybe they can just grab and sling it right into the crusher....

My 52628 hasn't had any problems in 3 years 3 months.

I paid a lot to get the warranty extended all the way out to 5 years including bulb replacement. I made the sales person put the bulb replacement on the invoice because the warranty didn't fully spell it out but that was what he was telling me. So I should be okay for a while longer.

My TV is on at least 4 hours a day. Anyone else have this TV for 3+ years without any trouble?
post #4619 of 5412 Old 11-09-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarzan View Post

My 52628 hasn't had any problems in 3 years 3 months.

I paid a lot to get the warranty extended all the way out to 5 years including bulb replacement. I made the sales person put the bulb replacement on the invoice because the warranty didn't fully spell it out but that was what he was telling me. So I should be okay for a while longer.

My TV is on at least 4 hours a day. Anyone else have this TV for 3+ years without any trouble?

Had my Mits 52628 3 years this month! So far not one problem and still has the stock bulb. I have a year left in warranty. If it last me 4 years i will be happy. Seems TV's dont last as long as they did in the 60's and 70's.

I put around 3 hours a night on my 52628. Had Craig Rounds calibrate the 52628 in Apirl of 06. Dont know what i will buy after my 52628 goes, i have a Loewe 38" Aconda that still blows any other TV away when it comes to blacks and pure colors.
post #4620 of 5412 Old 11-10-2008, 05:55 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Thanks, I'll look into the Ebay thing. Anyone deal with Suburban electronics? They offer the lamp at a price less than Mits, but I don't want an off-brand lamp that doesn't last.

I found the name NESS Electronics. They are an ebay store. I actually didnt buy it through ebay. I called them directly and spoke the one guy in sales. He sent mine next day air. I did this because the auction didnt end for a week. I wanted it right away. Look here http://www.nesselectronics.com/contact.htm

PSN ID mitzman

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page