>>The Official Mitsubishi 1080p DLP Owners Thread<< - Page 157 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4681 of 5409 Old 12-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Member
 
JohnDaddyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDaddyo View Post

The 73927 accepts 1080P only if :

-The VGA input is used
-The HDMI2 input is used but the device is configured as a PC.

The "PC device" should be able to output 1080P and you can't adjust some settings as you can with any other device input.

Well, again I tried this method above and it is a no go. I'm convinced an adapter is needed. The label above the HDMI inputs lists the settings and 1080i is as high as it can get, with or without pc
JohnDaddyo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4682 of 5409 Old 12-23-2008, 05:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,891
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Directly from Macrovision support regarding a 2007 Mits DLP (yes, I have actually receved replys from their web site).

Responses from two different CSR's;
Quote:


There are several flavors for the V8 guide, this is dependant on the manufactures and the hardware they use, we only license out the firmware to run on there hardware. And yes the glitches you have experienced are largely do to the preparation for the switch in Feb.

Quote:


If the manufacturer chooses to upgrade the TV Guide firmware they are allowed to, but it takes some work on their part. The device would have to already contain a digital tuner.
Regarding the Mitsu TV, yes we are sure it cannot handle the digital signal.

The last part of the 1st response is regarding loosing partial data on various days that everyone has experianced the past few months..

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #4683 of 5409 Old 12-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Member
 
miamicanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Miami
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
2009's upcoming (but as far as I know, as yet unannounced, and possibly un-invented as of now) hot product: a box that obtains TV guide data from some source (probably an OTA 8vsb channel, but maybe even directly over the internet if an ethernet interface costs less than a tuner does), then outputs a faux ntsc channel 3 or 4 with the guide data embedded, so you can feed it to an older TV and keep the guide working.

Hmmm. Does anybody happen to know whether the following is true:

a) The guide data is sent the same way captions are sent, but different scanlines

b) The exact format of the data is documented and publicly-available somewhere. Not necessarily with Macrovision's blessing...

c) If I were to generate a composite video signal with the required tv guide data on the appropriate scanlines, then fed it to a cheap modulator that takes composite video as its input and outputs a signal modulated to be channel 3 or 4, the modulator would preserve and encode the scanlines with the tv guide data, and wouldn't just strip them away and ignore them

This is kind of an idea I've had for the past year or so, and it might make a nifty project for a magazine like Nuts & Volts if it would actually work. Encoding composite video by brute-force bitbanging is now fairly easy with some of the faster low-cost microcontrollers available (and downright trivial with the Parallax Propeller chip). I have no delusions of it ever being commercially viable, but if the format itself is well-documented somewhere and the modulator can be trusted to preserve the offscreen scanlines and include them in the output without mangling them beyond recognition, it would probably be an easy way to get some free geeky fame on Slashdot
miamicanes is offline  
post #4684 of 5409 Old 12-23-2008, 07:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,891
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 104
The data comes over the internet to the station (as reported by a station engineer). It is mixed/added in (very simplified terms) with CC data on line 21 (or 22) in the VBI (vertical blanking interval) of a analog channel.
Digital signals have no VBI per say. I haven't researched it any further.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #4685 of 5409 Old 12-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Newbie
 
jackstraw_1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just curious if anyone had this problem. When I turn on my tv Mit 65734, with my cable box the screen is blue and blinks on and off. My son can still play his video games but I can't watch Cable (Verizon)

Goin home, goin home
by the waterside I will rest my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
to rock my soul
jackstraw_1965 is offline  
post #4686 of 5409 Old 12-24-2008, 06:07 AM
Newbie
 
Sirwriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Covington, Louisiana
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi folks,

I see online where I can buy either the Mits WD-65735 or the WD-60735 for $1199. Seems like a good deal, is there something I don't know? Would you guys recommend the 65" set? My only experience with big screen thus far has been with a big ole Sony.

"A little knowledge, a few tools, willingness to try new things, and a degree of product knowledge can spend as much money as your wife on a shopping spree"
Sirwriter is offline  
post #4687 of 5409 Old 12-24-2008, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Wryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 2,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwriter View Post

Hi folks,

I see online where I can buy either the Mits WD-65735 or the WD-60735 for $1199. Seems like a good deal, is there something I don't know? Would you guys recommend the 65" set? My only experience with big screen thus far has been with a big ole Sony.

I JUST got my 73735 upgraded by Mitsy to the 73835. It really 'depends' on what production run you get but that is a good deal for the 65735. Know that it's last years Mitsy model and you could run into 'blob' issues (that's what happened to me and three light-engines later they upgraded my set). Just make sure wherever you buy it from they'll support it if any problems occur. Turned out to be a great deal for me since I reported the problems during the last month of the 1 year warranty and now I have a new TV (literally - they just delivered it yesterday).

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Wryker is offline  
post #4688 of 5409 Old 12-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
bwall23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
The data comes over the internet to the station (as reported by a station engineer). It is mixed/added in (very simplified terms) with CC data on line 21 (or 22) in the VBI (vertical blanking interval) of a analog channel.
Digital signals have no VBI per say. I haven't researched it any further.
Actually analog VBI lines 10-25, not including 21.
For digital it's cable standard spec SCTE-127.

Try forcing a digital CBS channel as host using the G* Test and VBI search current channel. According to Ken H. there'a a fix about to be released (I assume a new TVGOS firmware update). Latest firmware (actually downloaded patch) seems to be 08.06.44.

 

Expander_01-06_TV_Guide_On_Screen.pdf 173.576171875k . file

 

ANSI_SCTE 127 2007.pdf 247.8798828125k . file
bwall23 is offline  
post #4689 of 5409 Old 12-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Newbie
 
Sirwriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Covington, Louisiana
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

I JUST got my 73735 upgraded by Mitsy to the 73835. It really 'depends' on what production run you get but that is a good deal for the 65735. Know that it's last years Mitsy model and you could run into 'blob' issues (that's what happened to me and three light-engines later they upgraded my set). Just make sure wherever you buy it from they'll support it if any problems occur. Turned out to be a great deal for me since I reported the problems during the last month of the 1 year warranty and now I have a new TV (literally - they just delivered it yesterday).

Thanks Wryker, for the response. I ordered it, and got an additional one year warranty. Blob issues sounds scary; hope that year wasn't noted for them.

I'd hate to tell you what I bought that big Sony 5 years ago for! Cannot believe how much cheaper things are now for the most part.

Sirwriter

"A little knowledge, a few tools, willingness to try new things, and a degree of product knowledge can spend as much money as your wife on a shopping spree"
Sirwriter is offline  
post #4690 of 5409 Old 12-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Jim Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Baltimore County
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got a 52" Mitsu with V30 007.02.

I'd like to get the latest firmware and TVGuide App. Is there a newer version?

If so how do I get it?

I'm adding an OTA antenna in a month or so.

tnx
jtm
Jim Miller is offline  
post #4691 of 5409 Old 12-27-2008, 11:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,891
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 104
TVGOS is updated durning the data transfer.
A Firmware upgrade is only available through Mits (if there is a upgrade).

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #4692 of 5409 Old 12-28-2008, 03:29 AM
Member
 
Yakko_68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstraw_1965 View Post

Just curious if anyone had this problem. When I turn on my tv Mit 65734, with my cable box the screen is blue and blinks on and off. My son can still play his video games but I can't watch Cable (Verizon)

A little more information might help someone in these forums assist you in solving your problem. How is your Verizon cable box connected to your Mits? Coaxial? HDMI? Component? A blue screen generally indicates that the display is not receiving a signal from the source device. The blinking could mean there's a problem with the connection itself. You'll want to troubleshoot to eliminate possible causes. Try a different output on the cable box or try a different cable or a different input on the display.

P
Yakko_68 is offline  
post #4693 of 5409 Old 01-09-2009, 06:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,891
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Speaking of firmware updates, Mits does have one for the xx732 series which, if I recall, I remember seeing someone post about this version.

The current version is V8.01, the updated version is V8.03 and it addresses the following (according to Mits California);

"M" Cable Card: error message: Invalid Host certificate
TVGOS data can not be decoded (from a digital channel)

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #4694 of 5409 Old 01-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Newbie
 
james.lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just received my 1st Mitsu DLP, a 73735. A guy at best buy said this was the site to find calibration settings as they do not sell the calibration discs. If true, can some kind soul point me in the right direction? Also, do I have to worry about firmware upgrades?
james.lightfoot is offline  
post #4695 of 5409 Old 01-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
 
AuroraProject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lodi, CA
Posts: 322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my 1st Mitsubishi today too, a 73736. I'm currently searching for some user settings as a starting point. I haven't had much time to watch it yet, once I got everything hooked up I fired up my 360 to watch an HD-DVD and it died, gave me the red ring of death. So I've spent the last 2 hours fixing that!
AuroraProject is offline  
post #4696 of 5409 Old 01-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Member
 
JimVR4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wanted to update on my experience with the 62628. I purchased the set in October 2005 and it ran pretty much flawlessly for almost three years. I had over 7000 hours on the original bulb which was used in the "normal" brightness. Fearing the bulb would go I purchased a replacement through the web for under $90. I started getting some issues with about 2 months left on my 3 year warranty. The main problem was the set would just refuse to turn on. Sometimes it would turn on but with no sound. Repeated attempts would eventually get the set to turn on but I started to find that I had to unplug on push the tiny reset button on the front panel. After a reset I waited for the flashing light to stop and then I could turn it on. I decided to have it serviced while still under warranty and of course they couldn't reproduce the issue. They ended up changing the chassis circuit board and then decided there were picture issues (which I hadn't ever noticed) and replaced the light engine as well. Meanwhile I was offered a 60735 to replace the set. I didn't want that model since it was smaller and didn't have NetCommand so I turned it down and they authorized repairs. I then attempted to have them give a check for the value which I would put toward a newer model. They turned me down since the repair had been authorized by warranty. On redelivery the set would not turn on for the installer and he ended up resetting it. Now I noticed a smudge in the picture as well after living with the repair for 2-3 weeks. I called service again and they sent their technician out and he confirmed my issues and took apart the set to attempt to clean the smudge. After careful cleaning he determined the smudge was on the light engine itself. They picked up the set again and took it back to the service center. Now I was out of warranty but they hadn't fixed the original problem so I contacted the service director and pushed for a 65736 replacement. They called mitsubishi directly and arranged for the full replacement which I'm set to receive on Saturday. I purchased a 5 year warranty including 2 bulb replacements so I should be set for awhile. I had a 65734 loaner for a few weeks so I'm looking forward to the upgrade!

Mitsubishi WD-65736
Comcast 6412 II
Denon AVR-3801
Denon DVD-3300
KEF-RDM2 x4, KEF-100 Center
Velodyne HGS-10
Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR4
JimVR4 is offline  
post #4697 of 5409 Old 01-13-2009, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Wryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 2,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVR4 View Post

Just wanted to update on my experience with the 62628. I purchased the set in October 2005 and it ran pretty much flawlessly for almost three years. I had over 7000 hours on the original bulb which was used in the "normal" brightness. Fearing the bulb would go I purchased a replacement through the web for under $90. I started getting some issues with about 2 months left on my 3 year warranty. The main problem was the set would just refuse to turn on. Sometimes it would turn on but with no sound. Repeated attempts would eventually get the set to turn on but I started to find that I had to unplug on push the tiny reset button on the front panel. After a reset I waited for the flashing light to stop and then I could turn it on. I decided to have it serviced while still under warranty and of course they couldn't reproduce the issue. They ended up changing the chassis circuit board and then decided there were picture issues (which I hadn't ever noticed) and replaced the light engine as well. Meanwhile I was offered a 60735 to replace the set. I didn't want that model since it was smaller and didn't have NetCommand so I turned it down and they authorized repairs. I then attempted to have them give a check for the value which I would put toward a newer model. They turned me down since the repair had been authorized by warranty. On redelivery the set would not turn on for the installer and he ended up resetting it. Now I noticed a smudge in the picture as well after living with the repair for 2-3 weeks. I called service again and they sent their technician out and he confirmed my issues and took apart the set to attempt to clean the smudge. After careful cleaning he determined the smudge was on the light engine itself. They picked up the set again and took it back to the service center. Now I was out of warranty but they hadn't fixed the original problem so I contacted the service director and pushed for a 65736 replacement. They called mitsubishi directly and arranged for the full replacement which I'm set to receive on Saturday. I purchased a 5 year warranty including 2 bulb replacements so I should be set for awhile. I had a 65734 loaner for a few weeks so I'm looking forward to the upgrade!

Who did you purchase the 5 year warranty from? Mitsy (directly) just replaced my 73833 with the 73835.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Wryker is offline  
post #4698 of 5409 Old 01-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Newbie
 
caleth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am new to the forums but i am wondering if anyone has had this problem, Lately while watching TV it will shut off the flashing light looks to be yellow or orange. I checked the plug and it seems to be secure I just changed the power strip, If anyone can point me it he right direction it would be appreiate it.
caleth is offline  
post #4699 of 5409 Old 01-13-2009, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Wryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 2,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleth View Post

I am new to the forums but i am wondering if anyone has had this problem, Lately while watching TV it will shut off the flashing light looks to be yellow or orange. I checked the plug and it seems to be secure I just changed the power strip, If anyone can point me it he right direction it would be appreiate it.

Peep your manual - those colors 'mean' something (over heating etc).

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Wryker is offline  
post #4700 of 5409 Old 01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Member
 
Yakko_68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDaddyo View Post

Well, again I tried this method above and it is a no go. I'm convinced an adapter is needed. The label above the HDMI inputs lists the settings and 1080i is as high as it can get, with or without pc

Hey John... I used to have a 73927 and as I recall my XBox 360 Elite wouldn't recognize the 1080p capability of the HDMI2 port configured as PC. As others have said it will work with the PS3 but even then not flawlessly - the set will continually post a message that it's getting an unrecognized type of signal or something. More to the point, even if you could get it to work it would look awful. In PC mode you lose most of your ability to calibrate the picture and by default the colors are washed out and dull. PC Mode is just that - designed to work with PCs where a graphics card is handling all of the color nuances. You're getting a much better picture with that 360 just playing it at 1080i or 720p. For that matter running those resolutions over component cable will look better than either 1080p on HDMI2 in PC mode or 1080p via the VGA port with the adaptor cable.

You may be like I was in my years of 927 ownership - chasing that 1080p dragon. The cruel tease of the WD73927 is that demo that came installed on the hard drive with the race footage and the nature shots and the indoor football. Those images were indescribably rich and colorful and the set showed "1080P" in the corner as they played. It sold me in about five minutes in the fall of 2005 and I couldn't wait for HD DVD and Blu-Ray to arrive so I could start enjoying movies that looked like that. When I learned months later that the set would not accept 1080p signals I felt misled and angry that my source hardware wouldn't work at the maximum possible setting. I was always looking for ways to trick that set into accepting a 1080p signal because I was convinced everything would look as good as that demo.

I finally learned to stop obsessing over what the set wasn't and start enjoying what it was - a really superb full featured display. I'd probably still have it but the light engine crapped out a couple of years ago and Mits eventually replaced it with a 73833. Now it does say "1080p" in the corner when I play "Call of Duty IV" and it looks amazing but I don't think it looked any less so on the 927 in 1080i.

P
Yakko_68 is offline  
post #4701 of 5409 Old 01-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
 
snuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVR4 View Post

Just wanted to update on my experience with the 62628. I purchased the set in October 2005 and it ran pretty much flawlessly for almost three years. I had over 7000 hours on the original bulb which was used in the "normal" brightness. Fearing the bulb would go I purchased a replacement through the web for under $90. I started getting some issues with about 2 months left on my 3 year warranty. The main problem was the set would just refuse to turn on. Sometimes it would turn on but with no sound. Repeated attempts would eventually get the set to turn on but I started to find that I had to unplug on push the tiny reset button on the front panel. After a reset I waited for the flashing light to stop and then I could turn it on. I decided to have it serviced while still under warranty and of course they couldn't reproduce the issue. They ended up changing the chassis circuit board and then decided there were picture issues (which I hadn't ever noticed) and replaced the light engine as well. Meanwhile I was offered a 60735 to replace the set. I didn't want that model since it was smaller and didn't have NetCommand so I turned it down and they authorized repairs. I then attempted to have them give a check for the value which I would put toward a newer model. They turned me down since the repair had been authorized by warranty. On redelivery the set would not turn on for the installer and he ended up resetting it. Now I noticed a smudge in the picture as well after living with the repair for 2-3 weeks. I called service again and they sent their technician out and he confirmed my issues and took apart the set to attempt to clean the smudge. After careful cleaning he determined the smudge was on the light engine itself. They picked up the set again and took it back to the service center. Now I was out of warranty but they hadn't fixed the original problem so I contacted the service director and pushed for a 65736 replacement. They called mitsubishi directly and arranged for the full replacement which I'm set to receive on Saturday. I purchased a 5 year warranty including 2 bulb replacements so I should be set for awhile. I had a 65734 loaner for a few weeks so I'm looking forward to the upgrade!

hey jim, long time no see. i remember when we all got the our sets three years ago. my 62628 is still going strong (Nov 05) but i don't have anywhere near the 7000 hours you had. i hope mine lasts that long. good thing you got a three year warranty. i got a four-year but if my set lasts even close to 7000 hours, the warranty time will be long expired. hope you like your new set!
snuba is offline  
post #4702 of 5409 Old 01-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Member
 
JimVR4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuba View Post

hey jim, long time no see. i remember when we all got the our sets three years ago. my 62628 is still going strong (Nov 05) but i don't have anywhere near the 7000 hours you had. i hope mine lasts that long. good thing you got a three year warranty. i got a four-year but if my set lasts even close to 7000 hours, the warranty time will be long expired. hope you like your new set!

Hey! Glad to see your set is going strong. I forgot to mention my bulb finally did give out - the bulb internals actually exploded. Your bulb may outlast the set at your usage rate. I will say even with the turn on issue the old set performed well. I had a PC connected to it almost from day one and that worked well too.

Mitsubishi WD-65736
Comcast 6412 II
Denon AVR-3801
Denon DVD-3300
KEF-RDM2 x4, KEF-100 Center
Velodyne HGS-10
Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR4
JimVR4 is offline  
post #4703 of 5409 Old 01-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Member
 
JimVR4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

Who did you purchase the 5 year warranty from? Mitsy (directly) just replaced my 73833 with the 73835.

My retailer, Andersons TV and Stereo, sold me the warranty. The cost of warranty is almost paid for by the two bulbs so it was a great deal. Good luck!

Mitsubishi WD-65736
Comcast 6412 II
Denon AVR-3801
Denon DVD-3300
KEF-RDM2 x4, KEF-100 Center
Velodyne HGS-10
Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR4
JimVR4 is offline  
post #4704 of 5409 Old 01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Wryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 2,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVR4 View Post

My retailer, Andersons TV and Stereo, sold me the warranty. The cost of warranty is almost paid for by the two bulbs so it was a great deal. Good luck!

Rats- since mine came direct from Mitsy I'l SOL.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Wryker is offline  
post #4705 of 5409 Old 01-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Member
 
JimVR4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

Rats- since mine came direct from Mitsy I'l SOL.

I suspect you could purchase one from a third party. Your local retailers might even tell you who they use. Good luck!

Mitsubishi WD-65736
Comcast 6412 II
Denon AVR-3801
Denon DVD-3300
KEF-RDM2 x4, KEF-100 Center
Velodyne HGS-10
Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR4
JimVR4 is offline  
post #4706 of 5409 Old 01-14-2009, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mds54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVR4 View Post

My retailer, Andersons TV and Stereo, sold me the warranty. The cost of warranty is almost paid for by the two bulbs so it was a great deal. Good luck!

I have the exact same warranty from Anderson's, including the two replacement bulbs, but I haven't had to cash in on it yet. My fear is that when I finally need to call them, they'll be out of biz due to the economy....
mds54 is offline  
post #4707 of 5409 Old 01-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Newbie
 
LWAldridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
On December 23, 2008 I again experienced a video issue with the new light engine just ten days after installation. The set would intermittently go blank on the left side of the screen. I composed a detailed letter of my problems, to date, to Mitsubishi Electronics US Headquarters in California. I received a phone call the same day from customer relations after I faxed the letter that morning.

Mitsubishi was sending a serviceman to my home the following Monday to confirm the failure. If confirmed, they would send me a new 73835 via the original retail store where I purchased the set. The failure was confirmed by the technician on Monday (the 29th) and the new 73835 was delivered and set-up in my home in less than 10 days.

I can't say enough about Mitsubishi's commitment to service and customer satisfaction. On top of that I could purchase a new 3rd party service contract for the replacement set to extend the warranty another four years, one year Mitsubishi and three years by A1.

A1 is an exceptional extended warranty service company here in Colorado and they have a excellent affiliate in Colorado Springs known as CS Electronics.
LWAldridge is offline  
post #4708 of 5409 Old 01-18-2009, 08:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,891
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 104
To anyone that has a model with TVGOS (even if they aren't using it) and either has a OTA antenna connected and/or cable TV without a STB confirm the number of digits shown in the disgnostic screen of the TVGOS menu under Setup (using the code 753159852)?

Not the NetCommand screen, but the diag. System Stats screen that is accessed by going to the menu bar, toggle to Setup, drop down to the first entry and enter 753159852. It's only a diag. screen, not a Service Menu. Nothing can be changed here.
LL

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #4709 of 5409 Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Jim Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Baltimore County
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
videobruce:

when i go to setup the first drop down is english or espanol.

entering numbers here does nothing.

??

jtm
Jim Miller is offline  
post #4710 of 5409 Old 01-18-2009, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
slimoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami area
Posts: 4,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Go to TVGUIDE>SETUP>Change system settings(highlight only, do not press enter)>Enter # 753159852>Right arrow to next grey screen

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
slimoli is offline  
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off