post #5401 of 5417 Old 02-06-2014, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by seggers View Post

So can I ask a real dumb question? What's the model number for the 73835 set? I just tried that value and that Mits link doesn't find it.

Seggers

Here you go..........

https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/PartsForModel.aspx

WD-73835

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5402 of 5417 Old 02-06-2014, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 256
If you have a power interruption, the cooling fan will not run and the lamp will be damaged by excessive heat.

The only way to prevent this is with a UPS unit that keeps the TV running, and gives you a chance to do a normal shutdown with the fan running.

I use an APC Backup UPS 1500 to power all of my gear, and it protects much better from surges and shutdowns that a cheap "surge protector", which is worthless IMO.

In 20 years, I have never had ANY electronic gear fail. I think most of the failures and problems people are always having with their TVs and receivers etc.are due to power surges.

I think a good UPS unit is a wise investment of $200 or so. It seems to keep all of my electronic gear out of the repair shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchFlorida View Post

What do people here use to power their Mitsubishi DLPs? A surge protector for about $10 or a UPS for about $50 or nothing?
post #5403 of 5417 Old 02-06-2014, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 256
It will use about 230 watts when on.

It will use about 30 watts for 5-10 minutes after turnoff (the lamp cooling fan is running), and then it only uses 1 watt after that in standby.

Those are measurements done with a 2% accurate Fluke AC power meter.

If you have a power outage, the fan will not run and the lamp will be damaged by excessive heat. This drastically shortens the lamp life, which is normally 3-4 years.

You should always have a projection TV plugged into a power backup unit that keeps the TV temporarily on and the fan running after TV shutdown.

Replacement lamps that you can now buy for under $50 are identical to the ones sold with the Mitsubishi name on them; same lamp manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post

use a surge protector on them.
the WD-62827 is also on a power strip that's turned off when not in use since i got a kill a watt and found it uses 35-45 watts when not in use.
Mitch
you buy the Square Trade warranty or not ?
post #5404 of 5417 Old 02-14-2014, 01:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi, 

I'm new here and had a question about a 92" Mitsubishi with some shadows or marks that show up on the screen. I posted my question on a 92" Thread but does not look like it has much activity. 

If you don't mind weighing in on it I'd really appreciate it. 

Post #1912

post #5405 of 5417 Old 03-21-2014, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 49

Anyone Have Picture Problems after Mitsubishi DMD Chip Replacement? 

See this thread. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1523680/anyone-have-picture-problems-after-mitsubishi-dmd-chip-replacement

I apologize for cross-posting, but I need to find others with new chips.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5406 of 5417 Old 05-16-2014, 07:01 PM

I i just got a. WD-57734 57 in givin to me with a bad lamp replaced the lamp today and it works and has a great picture but the volume is full blast and fuzzy can here partial sound from dvd when hooked up inthe background. Mute will silencebsound the up and down bar moves but no change in volume. Any help would be great thanks!!
post #5407 of 5417 Old 05-17-2014, 12:42 AM

Liked: 24
Bypass the Mitsubishi sound by using a soundbar or receiver and speakers instead.
post #5408 of 5417 Old 05-18-2014, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaxter87 View Post

I i just got a. WD-57734 57 in givin to me with a bad lamp replaced the lamp today and it works and has a great picture but the volume is full blast and fuzzy can here partial sound from dvd when hooked up inthe background. Mute will silencebsound the up and down bar moves but no change in volume. Any help would be great thanks!!

Sounds like the speakers are set to OFF for using an AV receiver. Download the owners manual and it will tell you how to turn the speakers back on

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5409 of 5417 Old 05-18-2014, 02:48 PM

Im using an external audio source right now but would still like to fx it correcfly. The speakers were set to tv when this was happening its set to av now so the sound will go away
post #5410 of 5417 Old 08-30-2014, 02:54 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
use a surge protector on them.
the WD-62827 is also on a power strip that's turned off when not in use since i got a kill a watt and found it uses 35-45 watts when not in use.
Mitch
you buy the Square Trade warranty or not ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman View Post
It will use about 230 watts when on.

It will use about 30 watts for 5-10 minutes after turnoff (the lamp cooling fan is running), and then it only uses 1 watt after that in standby.

Those are measurements done with a 2% accurate Fluke AC power meter.

If you have a power outage, the fan will not run and the lamp will be damaged by excessive heat. This drastically shortens the lamp life, which is normally 3-4 years.

You should always have a projection TV plugged into a power backup unit that keeps the TV temporarily on and the fan running after TV shutdown.

Replacement lamps that you can now buy for under $50 are identical to the ones sold with the Mitsubishi name on them; same lamp manufacturer.

i never turn off the power till it's been off 15-30 min, because of the cool down cycle.
have had this TV for 8+ years, the first 5 years it ran about 14 hours a day = 25.000 hours.
no lamp lasted over 18 months. over the 8 years 2 have lasted 18 months some as little as 6 months all but one were Osram the other was a PHILIPS it ran 12 months.

lost a lamp due to power outage in the 8 years, it was about 11 months old.

put the kill a watt back on it, after it is off for hours it gave a reading of 52 watts at the highest i've witnessed.
it will never read 1 -10 watts. my guess is the built in DVR ???

my Mitsubishi WD-62827 DLP 8+ years now,new Lamp and mirror & lens cleaning last year and she's like new again. sweet and she has over 33,000 hours now.the most important reading you might ever do.
post #5411 of 5417 Old 09-16-2014, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've had my WD-65736 now for 5 1/2 years and the wife noticed it getting quite dim so I checked and it has 12200 hours of service on the original lamp. I couldn't find the method of determining the service hours so I came on the forum and ended up googling the net to find the service manual. The command needed was MENU '2' '4' '7' '0'

My usage works out to around 6 hours a day. The set gets turned off every night but I don't do anything to interrupt the power at the power strip. I'm not too worried about standby power.

I've ordered a replacement bulb and will be taking apart the lamp housing to install it.

Still quite happy with the set after over 5 years with it.
madmadworld likes this.

Mitsubishi WD-65736
Comcast 6412 II
Denon AVR-3801
Denon DVD-3300
KEF-RDM2 x4, KEF-100 Center
Velodyne HGS-10
Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR4
post #5412 of 5417 Old 09-16-2014, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVR4 View Post
I've had my WD-65736 now for 5 1/2 years and the wife noticed it getting quite dim so I checked and it has 12200 hours of service on the original lamp. I couldn't find the method of determining the service hours so I came on the forum and ended up googling the net to find the service manual. The command needed was MENU '2' '4' '7' '0'

My usage works out to around 6 hours a day. The set gets turned off every night but I don't do anything to interrupt the power at the power strip. I'm not too worried about standby power.

I've ordered a replacement bulb and will be taking apart the lamp housing to install it.

12200 hours on the original lamp is amazing! I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised once you install the new lamp. You may even need to adjust the brightness/contrast because the picture will be dramatically brighter than with your 12200 hour lamp.
madmadworld and old corps like this.
post #5413 of 5417 Old 09-19-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:

12,000 hours good for you

have 2 dpl sets 8 & 3 years old never got more than about 8,000 hours.
it will look like new with the new lamp.
please let us know how it goes.

my Mitsubishi WD-62827 DLP 8+ years now,new Lamp and mirror & lens cleaning last year and she's like new again. sweet and she has over 33,000 hours now.the most important reading you might ever do.
post #5414 of 5417 Old 09-19-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Thomas View Post
12200 hours on the original lamp is amazing! I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised once you install the new lamp. You may even need to adjust the brightness/contrast because the picture will be dramatically brighter than with your 12200 hour lamp.
Yes, I'm counting on recalibrating the set with the new bulb

Quote:
12,000 hours good for you

have 2 dpl sets 8 & 3 years old never got more than about 8,000 hours.
it will look like new with the new lamp.
please let us know how it goes.
Checking the web I can't find a way to reset the lamp hours. I received the replacement lamp yesterday. It is well packaged and comes with a paper showing how to confirm it to be an authentic Phillips bulb. It seems that knock offs have taken to using Phillips packaging but real bulbs can be confirmed by markings directly on the glass. Will install it on the weekend.
madmadworld likes this.

Mitsubishi WD-65736
Comcast 6412 II
Denon AVR-3801
Denon DVD-3300
Velodyne HGS-10
post #5415 of 5417 Old 09-19-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Yes, I'm counting on recalibrating the set with the new bulb

Checking the web I can't find a way to reset the lamp hours. I received the replacement lamp yesterday. It is well packaged and comes with a paper showing how to confirm it to be an authentic Phillips bulb. It seems that knock offs have taken to using Phillips packaging but real bulbs can be confirmed by markings directly on the glass. Will install it on the weekend.
with housing ?
either way check out the lamp in the set. all my Mit's came with OSRAM lamps.
i tried 1 Phillips in my 8 year old dlp and it did not work better or last longer, just cost more.

edit
after talking to the wife about these lamps, we noted the 44 month old WD-73C10 has only had 1 new lamp. the first one just got dim and replaced it after about 18 months. she runs 16 hours a day.

replacement
26 months x 30 days x 16 hr = 12,500 hr
shes pretty dim now.... compared to the Vizio 60'' we picked up this week lol

Last edited by madmadworld; 09-20-2014 at 02:47 AM.
post #5416 of 5417 Old 09-20-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
with housing ?
either way check out the lamp in the set. all my Mit's came with OSRAM lamps.
i tried 1 Phillips in my 8 year old dlp and it did not work better or last longer, just cost more.

edit
after talking to the wife about these lamps, we noted the 44 month old WD-73C10 has only had 1 new lamp. the first one just got dim and replaced it after about 18 months. she runs 16 hours a day.

replacement
26 months x 30 days x 16 hr = 12,500 hr
shes pretty dim now.... compared to the Vizio 60'' we picked up this week lol
Indeed, the original lamp (left picture) was an OSRAM. It had not completely failed but had managed to get hot enough to pivot the element some 30 degrees.

The replacement Phillips bulb (right picture) has a different terminal connection point which barely allows the high voltage lead to reach. It's back together and MUCH brighter now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2311.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	271090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2314.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	271098  
madmadworld likes this.

Mitsubishi WD-65736
Comcast 6412 II
Denon AVR-3801
Denon DVD-3300
Velodyne HGS-10
post #5417 of 5417 Old 09-21-2014, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Indeed, the original lamp (left picture) was an OSRAM. It had not completely failed but had managed to get hot enough to pivot the element some 30 degrees.

The replacement Phillips bulb (right picture) has a different terminal connection point which barely allows the high voltage lead to reach. It's back together and MUCH brighter now
the heat off the lamp is pretty hot. in my older set the plastic housing that holds the lamp housing was deformed long ago. it went inward and makes getting the lamp housing out a pain. looking at the hours on the 8 years set over 33,000 hr now. dang

hope you enjoy your back to near new set.

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page