>>The Official Mitsubishi 1080p DLP Owners Thread<< - Page 182 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 180  181  182
Rear Projection Units > >>The Official Mitsubishi 1080p DLP Owners Thread<<
Augerhandle's Avatar Augerhandle 11:47 PM 08-20-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy49 View Post
Here is the link for the bulb. It is supposed to be OEM. Says Mitsubishi Electric. I know what you are saying and no I wouldn't put a 30 dollar bulb in it.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BEUlzKcsL.jpg

Here is the chart from your amazon link. Notice the Osram lamp (2nd best, according to the chart) is a P-VIP type lamp.







and here is a screenshot from page 64 of the manual (specifying a VIP type lamp):





Osram makes P-VIP (Professional VIdeo Projector) and VIP (VIdeo Projector) lamps. Phillips makes UHP (Ultra High Performance) lamps.




Finally, here is a warning from page 75 of the manual:



Attached: Capture Phillips.JPG (51.8 KB)  Capture VIP page 64.JPG (23.8 KB)  Capture alert page 75.JPG (89.8 KB) 

easy49's Avatar easy49 07:59 AM 08-21-2015
I will update if I have any issues with this bulb. So far no problems as mentioned on Amazon reviews. Over 90% of the reviews are 4 star or better. I was not aware of the VIP/UHP difference. Is that a specification or brand difference?
Augerhandle's Avatar Augerhandle 11:26 AM 08-21-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy49 View Post
I will update if I have any issues with this bulb. So far no problems as mentioned on Amazon reviews. Over 90% of the reviews are 4 star or better. I was not aware of the VIP/UHP difference. Is that a specification or brand difference?

Both.
taichi4's Avatar taichi4 05:24 PM 08-21-2015
I'm wondering if any Mitsubishi DLP owners can comment on the Mitsubishi 82840 versus the 82842, based on experience, particularly in terms of the screen used and brightness. The 82840 has the Clear Contrast screen which let more light through, and the 82842 used a so-called hybrid screen.

Thanks
taichi4's Avatar taichi4 09:25 AM 08-24-2015
No one on this worldwide forum can comment on the difference between the Mits 82840 and 82842 in terms of screen and brightnes??

Here's an easy one, until someone emerges from the bogs to answer my query...

What about the so-called hotspot that appears midscreen on some RPTVs? My retro WS 65813 CRT RPTV has none. How about the 82840 or 82842?
Augerhandle's Avatar Augerhandle 12:10 PM 08-24-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post
No one on this worldwide forum can comment on the difference between the Mits 82840 and 82842 in terms of screen and brightnes??

Here's an easy one, until someone emerges from the bogs to answer my query...

What about the so-called hotspot that appears midscreen on some RPTVs? My retro WS 65813 CRT RPTV has none. How about the 82840 or 82842?

I'm sure it's there (because I read it on the internet) but it's not a hot spot. The laws of physics come into play, and it follows that the screen will naturally be dimmer nearer the edges. So it would be more of a "cooler edge" than a hot spot (Relativity and all). That's what the lenticular screen is for.


I'd imagine front projectors would have the same issue, yet I never hear about it with them. It might hail back to the beginning of DLP sets (most "cons" do), when every Tom, Dick, and Samsung were slapping DLP light engines into rear projectors, and quality wasn't the norm.


I don't notice it on my son's 73" or my 65", and I can't speak to the larger sizes. I'm sure the 82" owners will chime in soon.
taichi4's Avatar taichi4 12:43 PM 08-24-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
...I'm sure the 82" owners will chime in soon.
I just want to know that they're still alive!

There must be a lot of 82 inch owners out there, many of whom pondered the same Clear Contrast vs Hybrid issue.

I know that hotspot wasn't the right term, but rather was talking about pronounced screen uniformity issues.

My 65813 is pretty even all the way to the edges.

What about off axis viewing with these later model DLPs?
Augerhandle's Avatar Augerhandle 11:17 PM 08-24-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post
...What about off axis viewing with these later model DLPs?

Here's a view at about 45 degrees off axis




You Tube

taichi4's Avatar taichi4 10:15 AM 08-25-2015
That's quite an impressive viewing angle. It's a 82840, so it's Clear Contrast. There must be some 82842 owners out there who can comment!
taichi4's Avatar taichi4 10:33 AM 08-27-2015
Boy, it seems all the 82 inch DLP owners have gone missing. It's clear DLPs are getting no love.

I even called a major vendor of Big Screens in the Pacific Northwest, and couldn't get a comment on CC vs hybrid from a tech there.

Even though they sold a ton of Mitsubishis, had a blog pre-review on the 82842 still on the web, he acted like that was ancient history (three years ago!) and could remember nothing. And according to him nobody else there would remember anything either. He must have updated dossiers on everyone there.

That little lack of courtesy disinclines me from buying anything from them in the future.
Augerhandle's Avatar Augerhandle 11:43 AM 08-27-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post
Boy, it seems all the 82 inch DLP owners have gone missing. It's clear DLPs are getting no love.

I even called a major vendor of Big Screens in the Pacific Northwest, and couldn't get a comment on CC vs hybrid from a tech there.

Even though they sold a ton of Mitsubishis, had a blog pre-review on the 82842 still on the web, he acted like that was ancient history (three years ago!) and could remember nothing. And according to him nobody else there would remember anything either. He must have updated dossiers on everyone there.

That little lack of courtesy disinclines me from buying anything from them in the future.

With today's economy the way it is, they've probably only been working there three years,


Did you try asking in the 842 thread? 2012 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (C12/642/742/842 series)
taichi4's Avatar taichi4 12:16 PM 08-27-2015
I recall reading something on the 82842, but I haven't posted there. Maybe I should.

You may be right about people working there for three years, but someone there knows.

The CC screen definitely makes a difference, according to youtubes and posts. That hybrid is a mystery, though.

Know anything about the 82740?

Thanks, Augerhandle.
First ... 180  181  182

Up