AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenh91801 View Post

Hi all,

I've had my 73" DLP since 9/19/05. And over 2 1/2 weeks ago I stopped picking up the HD and digital signals from my cable card and also my HD air antenna. All it picks up is the audio noise. On the top of the set, whenever I switch to one of those channels, it states SD 4:3. It use to show HD 16:9. Has anyone else had this problem. I can't seem to get the television to pick up the picture? Please help as I'm not getting much help from Howards Appliance. They've come out twice and stated that they needed to call Mitsubishi. It's been over 2 weeks now.

Thanks,

Allen

My current set (which is being taken back today- one month old) does pretty much the same thing, it also lost sound for 2 days only on the HD channels. Unplug it for at lease 1.5 hours then plug it back in. It is "off" of course when you do this, and let it rest and cool (no blinking green light) before you unplug it too.

In changing from SD HD SD etc. at the top of the screen. It depends, if it does it a lot, you most likely have TV Guide turned "on", and the set simply does not know what it is doing, software flaws. If TV guide is "off" and the set re-initialized, then it should only blink (the HD SD thing at the top) once real fast, and then be stable and be correct.

The problems appear to be within the HD tuner itself and not so much TV Guide. I have also had HD channels just go black (not blue), while the analogue channels work fine. In any event the TV Guide system and the HD tuner do not like each other, this causes all sorts of other problems in the set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 03:45 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopfer View Post

On another note.....for those that don't know what RBE (Rainbow Effect) is, I recommend not looking into it I did my research on it, watching videos of people demoing it, and now I see it very frequently. Before that I didn't notice it.

-Bryan

Interesting observation...so you actually trained your brain to see them in the process...
post #543 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 05:53 AM

Anyone help with lip sync issues? Directvhd receiver hooked to tv, sound coming from tv, slight delay.

Thanks
post #544 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloBox View Post

I think Mits has documented what is supported (<=1080i) on the HDMI and Component connections. If it worked, you'd be pretty lucky. How would you test it today?

You would test it by using a DVI-to-HDMI cable from a PC to the TV. If the PC is outputting 1080p, and the TV syncs up, then that particular unit happens to have an HDMI chipset that works at the higher frequency. It is similar to how CPU manufacturing works...if you make a run of 3.0GHz chips, and 10% of them fail testing, but pass at 2.8GHz, they are not thrown away, they get packaged as 2.8GHz parts.

I would guess this is probably what HP did. They bought the chipsets, tested them, and those that passed at 1080p got incorporated into their sets.
post #545 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescrub View Post

Here are all the direct view codes that I have:

Device and then
1 = input 1 (S-video/ composite)
2 = input 2
3 = input 3
4 = HDMI 2
5 = Component 1
6 = Component 2
SQV = HDMI 1
PIP CH up = Ant 1
PIP CH down = Ant 2

Power = Power on
stop = Power off
Pause = AV Reset

Still looking for codes for
Front Input, various card readers, and most importantly Component 3

Thank you this is very helpful. I was told by the tweeter tech guys that you can put the TV remote in direct mode and get the codes that way (by trial and error).
To put in Direct Mode turn the top switch to TV, Hold down the power key and press 090, then release. I have not tried this yet, but the few keys they gave me match a subset of yours above.
post #546 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

Were you receiving the HD via OTA, cable, or satellite?

OTA on Ant1 and Ant2. I do most of my viewing from The HD Sat receiver/ DVR which also has OTA, but I'll watch some sports in HD directly off the TV tuner. The manual indicates that you can be watching SAT HD (0r upconverted DVD) via the HDMI input then PIP an HD OTA off the ANT. I have not tried this yet.
post #547 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 07:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 102
For those that have OTA reception, can you change the channel numbers of the digital stations if they come up the wrong way (4-1, 7-2 etc. as opposed to 39-1, 38-2)?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #548 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

For those that have OTA reception, can you change the channel numbers of the digital stations if they come up the wrong way (4-1, 7-2 etc. as opposed to 39-1, 38-2)?

In my particular situation....the Mit's tuner will originally set up the correct digital channel numbers; however when the TV Guide is turned "on", then incorrect additional digital numbers are added to the Mit's tuner, which slows down the "tunning" speed a lot, and will often prevent you from getting to the correct channel. The only real way to clear out the wrong numbers is to TV Reset or Re-initialize the TV and leave the TV Guide system off.

Currently my TV has about 30 incorrect (duplicate - triplicate) digital stations set up because of this.

AFAIK, you can not change the numbers in the Mit's DT/HD tuner, but you can sort of change them in the TV Guide system; but that is of limited benefit. You can not do a true "add" "change" "delete" in either the HD tuner or the TV Guide.
post #549 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 09:11 AM

I don't have a 1080 set, I have a 52725 set, which is 720 but has an HDMI input.
I am curious if anyone with these new sets is getting a washed out appearance with their image using the HDMI input as reported by owners in the 725 series thread.
I use component for my dish box and DVD player so I'm not particularly bothered at this point.
However, when I jump on the HD DVD bandwagon, I am concerned Mitsubishi sets have some kind of flaw.

thanks.

'That sure is a nice record player you got there...'
post #550 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 09:27 AM

I'm using the HDMI connection, and do not notice a "washed out" appearance. One of the first picture settings is "bright" or "natural". I have mine on natural, because bright is too bright, and would give it a washed out look.

Just want everyone on this thread to know that I now officially have "TV inferiority complex". All you big hitters with the 73" and 62" 1080p's. I'm almost embarassed to post here.

It's all good!!!!!!!

Why don't we launch a satellite into space so people can watch TV? Brilliant!

Mits DLP WD-52628
Denon 1613 AVR
Samsung E-6500 Blu Ray

post #551 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Virgil View Post

Just want everyone on this thread to know that I now officially have "TV inferiority complex". All you big hitters with the 73" and 62" 1080p's. I'm almost embarassed to post here.

It's all good!!!!!!!

I hear ya! I take delivery of my 62628 tomorrow morning. I would really love to have a VGA connection but just couldn't justify the price jump to the 62927. I'll just sit back and hope MS comes out with a HDMI cable for the XBOX 360.

Mitsubishi WD-62628
Pioneer DV-59AVi
Yamaha RX-V640
DirectTV H10
Microsoft XBOX360
Polk Audio RTi10,CSi3,PSW10,FXi3
post #552 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 10:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Has anyone tried any of the Sony dvd players with the 1080p Mits dlp's? They do not have the Faroudja chip** and thus can have no macroblocking, to which dlp's seem to be very susceptible. UCSB over in the Sammy 1080p thread likes the Sony 975 very much with his Sammy 1080p dlp; wonder if anyone has any experience with it and the Mits?

**All the Denon and Panosonic players use this chip. MB'ing thus exists for all of them, some more than others. The Sony and Pioneer Elite players do not use the Faroudja chip.
post #553 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 10:27 AM

I saw some discussion on the Panasonic DVD player thread, but I'm not sure I understand actually what it (Macroblocking) is. I haven't watched anything really good, I shall this evening though, so I can't say I have noticed anything negative about the player/PQ.

Why don't we launch a satellite into space so people can watch TV? Brilliant!

Mits DLP WD-52628
Denon 1613 AVR
Samsung E-6500 Blu Ray

post #554 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 10:50 AM

Quote:

Has anyone tried any of the Sony dvd players with the 1080p Mits dlp's? They do not have the Faroudja chip** and thus can have no macroblocking, to which dlp's seem to be very susceptible. UCSB over in the Sammy 1080p thread likes the Sony 975 very much with his Sammy 1080p dlp; wonder if anyone has any experience with it and the Mits?

**All the Denon and Panosonic players use this chip. MB'ing thus exists for all of them, some more than others. The Sony and Pioneer Elite players do not use the Faroudja chip.

Yep, using the Sony in my sig and it is wonderful. Fantastic picture. I believe I mentioned it before, but I watched Empire Strikes Back and it appeared that it could have been filmed yesterday and not 20yrs ago. The quality was very good. I know they are "remastered", but I was expecting it to look fairly grainy on the new TV for being an older movie....it did not at all. I had a non-progressive DVD player before I bought this TV and the quality is night and day between that and this Sony upconverting with HDMI on the Mits, which was expected, but does a great job with older films too.
post #555 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 10:53 AM

I had mentioned before that the rainbows weren't bothering me, but over the last 2 days they are driving me crazy. I am seriously considering returning it for the new JVC models or even going to a Mits CRT RP. There is still so much SD content on that I am thinking these Microdisplays are just not worth the money yet. I wish I learned that before I bought one.

-Bryan
post #556 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 11:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:

the Mit's tuner will originally set up the correct digital channel numbers

"correct" meaning ATSC channel 39 or trhe NTSC equal channel 4?
Quote:

when the TV Guide is turned "on", then incorrect additional digital numbers are added to the Mit's tuner, which slows down the "tunning" speed a lot

Sounds as a real good reason NOT to use that feature. Just as useless as the magazine.
Quote:

I had mentioned before that the rainbows weren't bothering me, but over the last 2 days they are driving me crazy.

I hope I won't be saying that next week................

Sorry if this has been asked, but those that have a PC hooked up to this, what resolution are you running with a HDMI/DVI input and what are you running with component using a ATI card & the adapter?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #557 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

From what I'm hearing, I may just go with the 73727. Even though my wife likes the color scheme of the 827 better, I don't think she likes it a $1000 better! And it doesn't sound like the dvr's are of a great deal of use if they work only on OTA input (I have COMCAST with its Moto 6412 dvr; not the best, I'm sure, but satisfactory). And I just don't see what else the 827 would give me; am I overlooking something signficant?

Has this been confirmed, re only able to record OTA? Seems like if you have the signal in the TV, it should be able to record, whatever it is. I'm aware the MPAA and other content-protection people wanna prevent this, but it seems weird that we couldn't record whatever is on the screen. Anyone tried recording something like HBOHD on a 8 or 927? Thats the annoying limitation with HTPC, you can't get an HD tuner that can record encrypted QAM. I thought the internal HDD's on the Mits' would do the trick.
Thanx,
Joel
post #558 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 01:00 PM

The TV guide on my WD 62628 is disgustingly slow. It takes about 5-10 sec just to bring it up. Then there is a lag when you try and change channels. The order of channels is not numerically consecutive. It has grouped the channel by type. Like all HBOs are together, encores are together and then the others are random. You can change the order but you have to do it one channel at a time. My HD channels are in the 170's and 180's so you can imagine it gets irritating when you turn the tv on. If anyone knows how to change this please let me know. The default Mitsu channel lineup is a little quicker.

Mitusbishi 62628
Oppo DVD 971H
Denon 2106 AVR
Klipsch RS 25's
post #559 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
At least your TV Guide Is working, I still can't get a channel list to appear.

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #560 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey895 View Post

As for the 7-8-9 debate, a point some have overlooked is the ability to record encrypted QAM on the HDD, then dump it off to an HTPC or other device through the 1394. Has anyone done that yet?

But chances are that you won't be able to do that since the encrypted content will probably be marked copy never or (at best) copy once. Since your HTPC won't support 5C copy protection, you will not be able to copy the protected content.
post #561 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 01:15 PM

With the 927 you can not record anything coming in from the HDMI inputs.

Gary

Here is some of my Stuff: Media Center Pc
post #562 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I plan on getting an amplified splitter so that I can run the OTA signal to the Directv box and both tuners on the Mits, but I will probably stick with the TV for most of my OTA recording and watching.

I'd try it with just a regular old splitter first. That 85+ of which you spoke is not really signal strength, it is a measure of signal quality. Splitting the signal won't necessarily result in lower signal quality. In fact, several people have suggested that the HR10-250 is somewhat intolerant of too-strong signals, so the ~3 dB loss of a splitter may indeed help with the TiVo. (I'm not making any guarantees.)
post #563 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAnderson View Post

I'd try it with just a regular old splitter first. That 85+ of which you spoke is not really signal strength, it is a measure of signal quality. Splitting the signal won't necessarily result in lower signal quality. In fact, several people have suggested that the HR10-250 is somewhat intolerant of too-strong signals, so the ~3 dB loss of a splitter may indeed help with the TiVo. (I'm not making any guarantees.)

I will try that, thanks. Looks like we are neighbors. I am in Redondo too.

-Bryan
post #564 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 03:50 PM

Quote:

From what I'm hearing, I may just go with the 73727. Even though my wife likes the color scheme of the 827 better, I don't think she likes it a $1000 better! And it doesn't sound like the dvr's are of a great deal of use if they work only on OTA input (I have COMCAST with its Moto 6412 dvr; not the best, I'm sure, but satisfactory). And I just don't see what else the 827 would give me; am I overlooking something signficant?

Millerwill,

I would tell your wife not to worry about the color scheme on the 727. My wife was worried as well because she only saw the website pictures I would show to her. A lot of these pictures make the edges appear silver. They are actually gray and look quite nice (although I agree that all black is preferable). But if the console is the main driving point in your decision, the aesthetic of the 727 is nowhere near $1000 worse IMO.
post #565 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 04:08 PM

Something for those with wives to consider. My wife absolutely hates my 62927. Most of what she watches is not HD. I would say 95%. She watches, HGTV, E!, MTV, TLC, etc... The quality of the SD content is pretty bad on any microdisplay and she can't stand it. Even when HD is on, she says she doesn't really notice a difference other than it fills the whole screen. So, be sure you go beyond the look of the cabinet and explain what the content is going to look like. Otherwise you may hear a lot of complaining.

Another reason for me to switch from the 62927 to the 65815.

-Bryan
post #566 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyrall View Post

With the 927 you can not record anything coming in from the HDMI inputs.

Gary

Or the components. As per the user manual only from the tuner and composite/S-Video inputs . Only way to record hi-def is through the antenna 1 and 2.

Sergio

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #567 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 04:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

Something for those with wives to consider. My wife absolutely hates my 62927. Most of what she watches is not HD. I would say 95%. She watches, HGTV, E!, MTV, TLC, etc... The quality of the SD content is pretty bad on any microdisplay and she can't stand it. Even when HD is on, she says she doesn't really notice a difference other than it fills the whole screen. So, be sure you go beyond the look of the cabinet and explain what the content is going to look like. Otherwise you may hear a lot of complaining.

Another reason for me to switch from the 62927 to the 65815.

-Bryan

Good points. Fortunately my wife has gotten thoroughly hooked on hd (HBO etc) with the Sammy hlp6163 that I've had about a year. She's a little concerned about the size of the 73" Mits, but is actually looking forward to it, I think. And she has said that she doesn't really mind the color scheme of the 727.

Re SD, it's supposed to be better if one splits the cable before it goes into the cable box, and sends one branch directly to the tv (and the other branch to the cable box as usual). Is anybody trying this and can confirm it?
post #568 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

Or the components. As per the user manual only from the tuner and composite/S-Video inputs . Only way to record hi-def is through the antenna 1 and 2.

Sergio

Also thru IEEE-1394 (AKA) "FireWire"

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #569 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
I went (again) to Magnolia to play for more than one hour with a 73727. Out of the box the picture was horrible, with contrast set at maximum. After few minutes playing with the settings, I managed to get a pretty decent picture although not "Qualia like". One of the things that I noticed:

With all settings in the middle (not ideal but better than at highest) the following happened:

When SharpEdge is ON there are mosquito noise and in my view picture gets worse.

When BRIGHT mode is selected the picture gets more grainny. NATURAL seems to work better.

Color temperature is like in any other set. I prefer LOW because makes the whites more white than blue.

Sharpness seems to do almost nothing, like in other DLPs sets that I know

VIDEO NOISE should not be used because makes the picture more "claymation" like.

I like the idea of separate color adjustments but the factory settings seem to be OK.

I watched DVDs and Directv HD only. I liked it overall but don't think it's a leapfrog from the 720P. Since it's half the Qualia price will probably be my next set.

I would appreciate if Hayabusha could make more comments about differences between the 727 and the 927.

Sergio

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #570 of 5409 Old 10-14-2005, 05:19 PM

Just wondering how many of you purchased the extended warranty. I know this has been beat to death, but I have 1 week to decide. No bulb replacement in Fry's warranty.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page