>>The Official Mitsubishi 1080p DLP Owners Thread<< - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
millerwill

I have never turned on TV Guide. The bad experiences of others scared me off.

Without a CableCard, you must turn on 'channel discovery' in the 62827 setup, or else you won't have anything to watch. When the CableCard was put in, all the stations popped up almost at once, with their correct names and numbers; there were no ghosts; and I don't even see 'channel discovery' as an option under Antenna 1 any more.

I don't know how to muffle the fan without risking heat buildup. Somebody else with more experience than me willl have to try that.

Thats good news about the new 6412 As I said, I'm happy with the analog picture I'm getting from the CableCard, but there is still plenty of room for improvement

JBailey895 -- I had the opposite experience -- looking down at a 73827 in the Magnolia showroom because they didn't have a base to set it on. There was considerable loss of brightness from that angle; and I had to squat to get good PQ. I wonder if the opposite might also be true.

Mits VS-507R WD-62827; Mot 6412; Oppo OPD971H
Onkyo TX-SR702B , CJ PV-14L
CJ Prem 12, 11a ; Krell KAV-250a
Martin Logan SL3, Aerius, Cinema I
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 11:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabernet View Post

millerwill

I have never turned on TV Guide. The bad experiences of others scared me off.

Without a CableCard, you must turn on 'channel discovery' in the 62827 setup, or else you won't have anything to watch. When the CableCard was put in, all the stations popped up almost at once, with their correct names and numbers; there were no ghosts; and I don't even see 'channel discovery' as an option under Antenna 1 any more.

I don't know how to muffle the fan without risking heat buildup. Somebody else with more experience than me willl have to try that.

Thats good news about the new 6412 As I said, I'm happy with the analog picture I'm getting from the CableCard, but there is still plenty of room for improvement

Thanks again; I think you've answered all my questions for the present!
post #723 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Hmm, as I expected, the dreaded vertical angle picture degredation is upon me. This was one of the major issues I knew I'd have to deal with; the 50" pio plasma I have has an awesome vertical and horizontal viewing angle, but its just too small for my room. I'm going to try a mild tilt first, then probably end up with a lift, that will lower the TV in front of the fireplace for everyday viewing, and lift it above it when using the fireplace. Kinda scarey moving such a large and expensive TV, but I've already resigned myself to try.
post #724 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 12:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey895 View Post

Hmm, as I expected, the dreaded vertical angle picture degredation is upon me. This was one of the major issues I knew I'd have to deal with; the 50" pio plasma I have has an awesome vertical and horizontal viewing angle, but its just too small for my room. I'm going to try a mild tilt first, then probably end up with a lift, that will lower the TV in front of the fireplace for everyday viewing, and lift it above it when using the fireplace. Kinda scarey moving such a large and expensive TV, but I've already resigned myself to try.

Yes, the verticle viewing angle is pretty narrow (on all dlp's), while the horizontal angle is quite large. In normal situations this is no problem, but it does sound like it is something you will have to deal with. Good luck!
post #725 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

Yes, the verticle viewing angle is pretty narrow (on all dlp's), while the horizontal angle is quite large.

What's the approximate horizontal viewing angle?
post #726 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 01:30 PM

Has anyone tried out the 1394 jacks....

I'm curious what would happen If you plugged in a firewire hard drive...

The 62628 has a recording screen but it is ghosted out... just wondering if it might become
active if it had a drive to record to.
post #727 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 01:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post

What's the approximate horizontal viewing angle?

The verticle viewing angle that I've often read (and is consistent with my experience) is about 15 deg +/- above/below straight on.

For the horizontal viewing angle, I think the picture is not diminished very much out to +/- 60 deg from straight ahead, and certainly not out to +/- 45 deg.
post #728 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

I finally found a local (San Diego) place with a 73927 on display, I'm going to see it soon, and make the decision between this and the HP. Kinda fun, but hope it doesn't end once the trigger is pulled.
post #729 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 02:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixter View Post

Has anyone tried out the 1394 jacks....
I'm curious what would happen If you plugged in a firewire hard drive...
The 62628 has a recording screen but it is ghosted out... just wondering if it might become active if it had a drive to record to.

You just beat me to the question.
A Mits support tech has suggested to me going out and buying an external 1394 HDD and hook it up to the set to record.

It can't be THAT easy.

How is the drive formatted? How about the file system and naming each recording? How about HD material itself, can that be recorded?? Does that mean the 627/628 CAN record to a HDD since it can record to a D-VHS deck?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #730 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

You just beat me to the question.
A Mits support tech has suggested to me going out and buying an external 1394 HDD and hook it up to the set to record.

It can't be THAT easy.

How is the drive formatted? How about the file system and naming each recording? How about HD material itself, can that be recorded?? Does that mean the 627/628 CAN record to a HDD since it can record to a D-VHS deck?

Hmmm. It sure would be nice if it was. External HDD are plug and play. You don't have to format or set them up. Is the Mits. smart enough to recognize one like Windows does? I have an external HDD but it uses a regular USB cable.

Mitsubishi WD-62628
Pioneer DV-59AVi
Yamaha RX-V640
DirectTV H10
Microsoft XBOX360
Polk Audio RTi10,CSi3,PSW10,FXi3
post #731 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Is the Mits. smart enough to recognize one like Windows does?

It does with the internal HDD that comes with the 827/927

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
post #732 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey895 View Post

This morning I ordered my 73927 from Electroline and I also spoke with Amir. I am scheduled for delivery next Tuesday. Since I live in LA I asked them to deliver it instead of me renting a truck and picking it up my self. Delivery will cost $99 which is approximately what it would have cost me to rent a truck and drive 45 mile each way.

I had noticed last week that Electroline had raised their prices for the 73927 about $200 but it is still WAY below anyone else's price. I paid just over $6K including tax.

Eros, thanks for the update. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the same set, but I haven't seen one yet in person. Did you get anything in writing from Amir re being an authorized Mitsu dealer? The whole getting-it-from-the-warehouse thing makes me a little cynical, but you're right, they seem to be thousands less than everyone else.

Bopfer, may I ask how much of a restocking fee you're being charged? Do they have a 30-day window for returns? Are you gettting a refund or exchange? If you don't want to respond publicly, PM?

and since I'm firing away a questions (too much caffeine this am), does anyone have this on a higher than normal pedestal? I'm planning on putting it over my fireplace, which is admittedly too high, but I'm either going to angle it down a bit, or build a hydraulic lift for raising and lowering it.

thanx for any input,
Joel

I ordered my 73727 from ElectroLine as well. I bought it from Amir after seeing the initial advertisement for it on eBay from them. Since then I noticed they've raised their price on that model as well from 4650 to I believe 4850. In any case, I've had it delivered and have been enjoying it for a few weeks.

About a week ago my wife called a number of dealers trying to find the stand for it. Apparently, these are backordered for some time. Later she called Mitsubishi directly to find out when these would ship. When they asked her which dealer we used to buy the TV from they said Electroline was not an authorized dealer and we had no warranty should any issues arise. Then they kind of treated her like a criminal implying that it may be stolen, but she told them if they are they're being advertised directly on their website.

I have no doubt that ElectroLine is completely legitimate; it's just Mitsubishi's rude customer service that bothers me at this point. Hopefully the warranty won't be a problem. It is for between a month to a year on various parts and labor items. Hopefully, no issues will come up, and I'm figuring even if they do the amount I saved from retail would make up for it.

Since then I've seen another dealer pop-up on eBay selling the same set for 350 dollars less than what I paid (4299). If you haven't purchased yet, you still may want to shop around, but definitely check into the warranty situation. This other dealer on eBay says "Not an authorized Mitsubishi Dealer" on his website.

BTW, this is my first post here. I know I've got a lot to learn, and this looks like a great site to do it in.
post #733 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 03:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I bought it from Amir after seeing the initial advertisement for it on eBay from them.

Both would be enough reason NOT to buy it there.

Good luck.

post #734 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

I sent Electroline an email last Friday asking if they were an authorized Mitsubishi dealer and inquiring about the warrantee situation. I have received no response.
post #735 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 403
I've read this entire thread and today went to Ultimate and bought me a 73927! The set gets delivered next week. The Mits stand I ordered won't show up until sometime in Nov. Kind of sucks, but can't wait to get my first DLP. Want to say thanks everyone! You made my decision a lot easier. Hyabusha, your enthusiasm helped seal the deal for me. The RBE is gnawing at me a little. I looked at several DLP's in the showroom and didn't notice any. I understand the showroom isn't ideal. But I have 30 days so what the heck, lets have some fun.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #736 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Someone sent me a PM and my pop up blocker killed it. Sorry, I'm new...

Growing Older But Not Up
post #737 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Hey, that was me!

I asked where you bought your Mitsubishi? You just said "Ultimate".

Can you PM me the details, if you don't mind me asking? Like price paid, where purchased, store website? If its not too much trouble. Thanks.
post #738 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 07:29 PM

Quote:

Go to the top of the page and click on User CP and you can see your pm's there. Also Don't even think about RBE. If you've never seen them then don't think about them or try to see them. Its a good bet you never will.

Mitsubishi WD-62628
Pioneer DV-59AVi
Yamaha RX-V640
DirectTV H10
Microsoft XBOX360
post #739 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post

Hey, that was me!

I asked where you bought your Mitsubishi? You just said "Ultimate".

Can you PM me the details, if you don't mind me asking? Like price paid, where purchased, store website? If its not too much trouble. Thanks.

No problem.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #740 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad LS1 View Post

Don't even think about RBE. If you've never seen them then don't think about them or try to see them. Its a good bet you never will.

Good advice. I try not to think about them. But with all I've read and heard, it's hard not to. I believe someone here sent their 62927 back because of the RBE.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #741 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 08:06 PM

Quote:

Good advice. I try not to think about them. But with all I've read and heard, it's hard not to. I believe someone here sent their 62927 back because of the RBE.

That was me. I appear to be in that "lucky" minority of people that see them I returned it today and now I am down to a 32" CRT until the new JVCs are out.

Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you. Congrats on the big purchase.

-Bryan
post #742 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 08:30 PM

OK I am completely bummed! I have to return my 62628! It seems theres something wrong with it. It worked great for a week then yesterday while watching it the screen went black with white lines kind of jumping around but it still had sound. It did that for about 20 seconds then shut off all by itself and the Status Indicator light turned red. The TV was completely unresponsive. I had to unplug it and let it set for a few minutes. I plugged it back in and turned it on. Everything was ok the rest of the night. Well tonight it just did it two more times. I have to unplug it from the power outlet, let it set for 10 minutes then plug it back in. That seems to bring it back to life for 30 minutes to an hour then it dies again.

I am sooooo mad. Looks like I'll call Tweeter tomorrow to see when they can come switch out the set with a new one.

Mitsubishi WD-62628
Pioneer DV-59AVi
Yamaha RX-V640
DirectTV H10
Microsoft XBOX360
post #743 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopfer View Post

That was me. I appear to be in that "lucky" minority of people that see them I returned it today and now I am down to a 32" CRT until the new JVCs are out.

Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you. Congrats on the big purchase.

-Bryan

What a bummer. Did you notice them right away or did they gradually appear and take control?

Thanks.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #744 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 08:40 PM

It is completely dead now. Unplugging doesn't help.

Mitsubishi WD-62628
Pioneer DV-59AVi
Yamaha RX-V640
DirectTV H10
Microsoft XBOX360
post #745 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Did you press the reset button?

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #746 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

I've read this entire thread and today went to Ultimate and bought me a 73927! The set gets delivered next week. The Mits stand I ordered won't show up until sometime in Nov. Kind of sucks, but can't wait to get my first DLP. Want to say thanks everyone! You made my decision a lot easier. Hyabusha, your enthusiasm helped seal the deal for me. The RBE is gnawing at me a little. I looked at several DLP's in the showroom and didn't notice any. I understand the showroom isn't ideal. But I have 30 days so what the heck, lets have some fun.

SWEET!!

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #747 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 08:55 PM

Quote:

What a bummer. Did you notice them right away or did they gradually appear and take control?

Thanks.

It was gradual. I didn't see any for the first few days, then I saw a few. By 2 weeks into it they were really bothering me.

-Bryan
post #748 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopfer View Post

It was gradual. I didn't see any for the first few days, then I saw a few. By 2 weeks into it they were really bothering me.

-Bryan

That's too bad. I had some reservations about purchasing a DLP. One being the RBE. The others (ie sync, lag) have been laid to rest reading this site. My fingers are crossed...

Growing Older But Not Up
post #749 of 5409 Old 10-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

OK, just for the record, I did NOT buy from Electroline, I was quoting someone else that had (Eros, I think). I do know that dealers that believe they are exclusive with Mits are very angry/jealous of their prices, and will probably either try to shut 'em down, or get them to raise their prices. Finding out whether Mits will honor their warranty on sets bought through them would be a critical factor in a purchase from them. I don't mind dropping another hundy or two to buy from a reputable, local B&M, but I can't see shelling out thousands for that benefit. Since I know they read these threads, I'm sure they're checking out the credentials of certain dealers. Hope they sack up and share their info. . .
Cheers,
Joel
post #750 of 5409 Old 10-22-2005, 07:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I posted this elsewhere, but be aware this set draws around 70 watts (.6 amp) when it is OFF! This is not just because the fan running either (it cycles on and off).

Also, if you are planning to watch 4x3 SD material and don't like any of those foolish distorted 'stretch' modes, the only mode that doesn't stretch is 'narrow'. BUT , be warned, the sides of the image are cut of to a total of 2 1/2" on a 52" set making it a 3.5x3 display.
ATSC/QAM 4x3 material is ok though.

Both are probably deal breakers for me.

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page