3Likes

post #91 of 5413 Old 09-27-2005, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGrim View Post

... So sbessel, was I explaining it correctly when I said the dark colors looked blotchy. I just want to make sure we are on the same page.

Yes I have seen the same thing, usually on SD or lo-res broadcasts. I turned off my dark detailer (I sure hope that is the name) I don't remember seeing it after, but I can double check later, I messed with quite a few settings recently as the set is new.

...Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 5413 Old 09-27-2005, 02:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbessel View Post

Yes I have seen the same thing, usually on SD or lo-res broadcasts. I turned off my dark detailer (I sure hope that is the name) I don't remember seeing it after, but I can double check later, I messed with quite a few settings recently as the set is new.

Now that you've had the set a while, can you give a more detailed evaluation, etc.? Would be much appreciated and very helpful.
post #93 of 5413 Old 09-27-2005, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

Now that you've had the set a while, can you give a more detailed evaluation, etc.? Would be much appreciated and very helpful.

I 'could' but that would cost ya...

Actually I posted my impressions on a thread I started a while about about my being nuts...

So far nothing has really changed from that, I love my set, never a complaint on the picture quality, my father spent some time with it and loved it, said the color was perfect. (He has a degree in art and was a professional photographer for 40+ years, so he has an 'eye' for this stuff) He will be getting one soon, as soon as he gets approval.

I really only use 20% of all the features, I don't use the tuner, the remote, speakers or most of the commands.

I have tried the memory card slots in front, they are cool, but they reduce the picture more than I would like. I would prefer they expand the picture to fit the screen.

I do like the options to expand the SD content, as my wife likes a 'full screen'

I have no problems answering specific questions...

I can't be happier with my purchase, and I am a very hard man to please, just ask my wife.

I did find one strange thing that happened the other day, it seems that a small fly/gnat got inside the set and was flying around close to the light. A very strange light grey splotch floating around. It was light enough that it was hard to notice. It is gone now so I figure he is dead in the bottom...

...Scott
post #94 of 5413 Old 09-27-2005, 04:25 PM

I have had my 52628 just over a week now. This is my second DLP.

My first DLP was a 50" RCA Scenium (hd2+) purchased in August 2003. I had it for a little over a year. I have previously commented here that my RCA DLP under ideal lighting conditions was better than any other DLP I have seen on a showroom floor. I make this statement despite the RCA' s shortcomings including lack of 720p inputs and lack of an all digital path. The RCA Scenium had a highly reflective screen making it dificult to watch when there was any background lighting present.

The Samsung 1080p's are nowhere to be found where I live yet so I purchased the Mitsubishi without being able to compare it to other 1080p's. I likely would not have chosen a Samsung because all of the reported problems with audio lag and games reported in these forums.

I have now watched OTA HD, Dish Network HD and SD (component 1080i), XBOX (component 720p and 1080i). Picture quality for HD and SD on component video is good but not as good as the RCA when compared to the RCA under perfect lighting conditions. I am not an expert so I don't know I can properly describe the picture other then not as sharp as the RCA I might even go as far as it looks slightly grainy, maybe the mosquito noise mentioned a few posts ago is a better description.

XBOX and my XBMC (XBOX media center) looks great at 720p. 1080i makes things to small for my eyes. Video through XBMC also shows the same quality as other inputs.

For settings there is deep field imager that can be turned on and off. The demo mode for this option splits the screen in half so you can compare what it is on and off. Would be nice if other settings had this option. Video noise can be set to standard or reduction. I have trouble telling the difference. Sharp edge turned on or off I also have trouble telling the difference.

The channel changing is painfully slow even with the guide turned off. I am pretty sure slower than my RCA which I thought was slow.

The remote seems hard to get pointed just right, maybe needs new batteries. I don't like the remote. I thought the RCA was bad but this is worse.

The onscreen display adjustments were far superior on the RCA.

This is just one persons initial impression. I will provide an update if my opinion changes substantially.
post #95 of 5413 Old 09-27-2005, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbessel View Post

I 'could' but that would cost ya...

Actually I posted my impressions on a thread I started a while about about my being nuts...

So far nothing has really changed from that, I love my set, never a complaint on the picture quality, my father spent some time with it and loved it, said the color was perfect. (He has a degree in art and was a professional photographer for 40+ years, so he has an 'eye' for this stuff) He will be getting one soon, as soon as he gets approval.

I really only use 20% of all the features, I don't use the tuner, the remote, speakers or most of the commands.

I have tried the memory card slots in front, they are cool, but they reduce the picture more than I would like. I would prefer they expand the picture to fit the screen.

I do like the options to expand the SD content, as my wife likes a 'full screen'

I have no problems answering specific questions...

I can't be happier with my purchase, and I am a very hard man to please, just ask my wife.

I did find one strange thing that happened the other day, it seems that a small fly/gnat got inside the set and was flying around close to the light. A very strange light grey splotch floating around. It was light enough that it was hard to notice. It is gone now so I figure he is dead in the bottom...

sbessel, can you please post your video settings? I'd like to compare them to mine. Thanks!

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #96 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 05:05 AM

Well, before having The Big Screen Store bring me a replacement model I'm going back there during my lunch break to see if the display model is doing the same thing mine is, the whole blurring thing in the dark areas. The only problem I see with this is, if they seem to be running some sort of loop it may be hard to tell. I may just have them bring me a new one anyway just to ease my mind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #97 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 07:40 AM

Looks like my 62628 will not be here until Monday! CRAP I was hoping to see football this weekend in HD! This will be me first HDTV can't wait!
post #98 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 08:42 AM

Question for new Mits owners:
Do you know how good the scaler/deinterlacer is for 480 sources? Just wondering because I need a dvd player. Not sure if I should just get a regular player, progressive scan player, or an upconverting player. Consensus seems to be that if the upscaler/deinterlacer in a TV is not as good as the one in an upscaling dvd player, then an upscaling player will give me the best picture. But if the new Mits happen to have the best scalers/deinterlacers around, I guess I'll just get a cheap player.
p.s. I know this sounds like a post for the DVD player board, but they don't know much about the Mits scaler specifically.
oh, and I realize that even with an upconverting dvd player my TV will have to scale/ deinterlace at least one more time (i.e., 720p>1080p or 1080i>1080p).
Much thanks.
post #99 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 10:02 AM

Well, just returned from The Big Screen Store. I compaired their HDNET picture to my HDNET picture I have at home from Directv along with their settings, which where the same as mine, and the display model didn't look anything like my picture at home. They scheduled an appointment for this Friday to bring me a replacement model.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #100 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 11:28 AM

Wow, I'm suprised the floor model, with D* being split 30 or 40 times, looks better and isn't doing what yours is.

Definitely let us know the verdict after you get the replacement, I'm very curious.

Why don't we launch a satellite into space so people can watch TV? Brilliant!

Mits DLP WD-52628
Denon 1613 AVR
Samsung E-6500 Blu Ray

post #101 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 12:36 PM

That was my responce also. If a floor model looks better than mine at home, then something has to be going on. I'm going to double check all my connections when I get home just to make sure everything is correct and secure. My Pioneer played fine for 2 years using this same connection but who knows.

post #102 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Anyone compared Component vs. HDMI for best picture quality. With an upconverting DVD player on the Mits?

post #103 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha View Post

Anyone compared Component vs. HDMI for best picture quality. With an upconverting DVD player on the Mits?

No, but I can....I hooked them both up for the heck of it since the component cable from my old DVD player was already hanging there but haven't checked to see if there was any difference.
post #104 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowchip View Post

No, but I can....I hooked them both up for the heck of it since the component cable from my old DVD player was already hanging there but haven't checked to see if there was any difference.

Thanks

post #105 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have had the WD-52628 for almost three weeks. The picture is stunning. But the TV-GUIDE system will set up multiple bogus stations, usually 2 to 6 additional stations per day. As a result you can not use the set; because in a few days it will set up so many bogus stations, it prevents you from "dialing" the station your want. Turn Off TV-GUIDE and the tuners work great, and relatively fast; BUT that is only after you have done a system reset or an initialization and NEVER turn on the TV-GUIDE.

So far the dealer and Mit's say it should not do that, but they have no answers, so I fixin to send it back.........is anyone else having this problem?
post #106 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 06:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

If one uses cable (e.g., COMCAST), with a stb, and uses its TV Guide, does this eliminate the problem?
post #107 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 06:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Can those of you who have obtained a Mits 73727, or even SEEN one, please post WHERE you have gotten/seen it? They seem to be out somewhere, but not everywhere.
post #108 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 07:09 PM

Quote:

Can those of you who have obtained a Mits 73727, or even SEEN one, please post WHERE you have gotten/seen it? They seem to be out somewhere, but not everywhere.

I received mine yesterday, I am located in South Florida.
post #109 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 07:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTarrant View Post

When I asked 'WHERE', I meant at what store?
post #110 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTarrant View Post

Nice, please post your reactions later.

post #111 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ULTIMATE ELECTRONICS "Technoligize Responsibly"

post #112 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 07:23 PM

Quote:

Sorry, my mistake. I received mine from a store called Good Sounds, they are located by my work and are dealers of Mitsu. I got the first TV that they got in. Four were ordered and only mine came in.
post #113 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonPerson View Post

I have had the WD-52628 for almost three weeks. The picture is stunning. But the TV-GUIDE system will set up multiple bogus stations, usually 2 to 6 additional stations per day. As a result you can not use the set; because in a few days it will set up so many bogus stations, it prevents you from "dialing" the station your want. Turn Off TV-GUIDE and the tuners work great, and relatively fast; BUT that is only after you have done a system reset or an initialization and NEVER turn on the TV-GUIDE.

So far the dealer and Mit's say it should not do that, but they have no answers, so I fixin to send it back.........is anyone else having this problem?

I didn't notice it adding additional bogus channels, but it did have a lot of bogus channels when I turned it on for the first time. I then went through the setup portion of the TV Guide and turned those OFF. I also sorted them to the order of my preference. I'm almost positive that there weren't any others added, unless they were waaay at the bottom of the listings. I only had needed the top 15, so it's possible they were getting added further down.

I eventually turned it off and it did speed up the TV. Not as fast as I would like, but at least it responds when I ask it to change a channel by only pushing the button once and not multiple times before it decided to change. ??? Almost seems like it was busy processing something in the background and wouldn't take my command until it was ready.

You had to do a system reset to clear everything before the TV Guide ghosts were gone?
post #114 of 5413 Old 09-28-2005, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha View Post

Nice, please post your reactions later.

So far I am impressed. I had a Mitsu WS-65807 for the last 4 years that I replaced with this set, I still can't get over on how BIG the screen is, even compared to my old 65". I will be getting my cable card on Sat to see how the HD compares to my other set(moved my SA 8300HD DVR to my bedroom TV before I got this TV in). SD looks not too much different, right now the cable is plugged directly into Ant-1. Maybe it will be different when I get the card installed.

My Denon 2910 is hooked up via the HDMI port, it looks fantastic, will try the component cables this weekend.

I have my PS2, XBox, Gamecube routed through my Pre-Pro via component. I have noticed lag with 480i games, namly the PS2 with Hot Shots Golf Fore. I also have a SNES hooked up via S-video, it also looks great. One thing I have noticed is that all of the gaming consoles will not display on the entire screen, it leaves about 1'1/2 on both sides. For the life of me I can not figure it out, the other sorces do not exhibit this.

Is this normal?
post #115 of 5413 Old 09-29-2005, 03:35 AM

You guys asked for pictures so here you go.
LL
LL

post #116 of 5413 Old 09-29-2005, 03:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowchip View Post

I didn't notice it adding additional bogus channels, but it did have a lot of bogus channels when I turned it on for the first time. I then went through the setup portion of the TV Guide and turned those OFF. I also sorted them to the order of my preference. I'm almost positive that there weren't any others added, unless they were waaay at the bottom of the listings. I only had needed the top 15, so it's possible they were getting added further down.

I eventually turned it off and it did speed up the TV. Not as fast as I would like, but at least it responds when I ask it to change a channel by only pushing the button once and not multiple times before it decided to change. ??? Almost seems like it was busy processing something in the background and wouldn't take my command until it was ready.

You had to do a system reset to clear everything before the TV Guide ghosts were gone?

Cowchip, I will try to post again (did not work first time - lost it).....yes you have to do a system reset to get rid of the bogus stations set up by TV Guide in the TV's tuners....look at the TV Menu and scroll through your channels, that is where you will see the bogus stations set up (it is rare that you will see them in the TV Guide, but you can on occasion).

Apparently the TV's tuners and the TV Guide system have no way to keep in sync with each other..........once TV guide starts adding its on stations they conflict with the channels already assigned in the TV's tuners. You can not manualy delete them from memory with out doing a system reset.

Also, the more bogus (incorrect) channels that are set up, the slower and slower the "tuning" will become. When the number assignments start conflicting you can not dail at all! At three weeks now Mits has NO answers!

I use only OTA (have 28 local DT stations); but I understand the same problem happens with cable card and the local cable company.
post #117 of 5413 Old 09-29-2005, 05:29 AM

And for those of you that have not seen pictures of my entire H/T room, click on the link below. The pictures are stored on Polk Audio's webpage just so everyone knows.

http://polkaudio.com/forums/showcase...p?userid=40818

post #118 of 5413 Old 09-29-2005, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

RGrim, your room set up looks great. The chairs are super. My only problem in watching TV, I fall asleep LOL...........Are you using the TV Guide system in the TV and is it giving you problems?
post #119 of 5413 Old 09-29-2005, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGrim View Post

And for those of you that have not seen pictures of my entire H/T room, click on the link below. The pictures are stored on Polk Audio's webpage just so everyone knows.

http://polkaudio.com/forums/showcase...p?userid=40818

Nice setup! Quick question, what are the dimensions of your room? Sorry to ask here.

Ernie
.:
:.

post #120 of 5413 Old 09-29-2005, 07:29 AM

HoustonPerson, I'm not using the guide due to using Directv. Big Worms, the overall dimensions of my room are 12'-6" (wide) by 24'-0" (deep)

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page