>>The Official Mitsubishi 1080p DLP Owners Thread<< - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5409 Old 09-16-2005, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hello, I'd like to start a thread where all of us great Mitsubishi 1080p owners can discuss all the great things we discover about our new sets. I hope we all can use information here to get the best out of our new DLP's. Enjoy!

Getting the 73727...

Wow Wow Wow, I am In awe of this TV. For my first DLP, this Is everything I ever wanted In a TV. Sharp picture, great contrast, awesome black levels. This TV Is huge! I unpacked It today, hooked up the HDMI and Component cables. As soon as I turned It on I Immediately noticed the bright picture, so I turned the contrast down a bit. I then turned off the sharpedge, and got a smoother picture. It reminds me of SVM from the Hitachi. Hd Net was amazing, just awesome picture. SD was suprizingly good too. Then came the XBOX, The best picture I've ever seen for xbox games, and NO LAG! DVD movies are out of this world good. Fan noise Is little, It's like the same volume as my Dish 921, no biggie. The only complaint I have and I don't really care Is the little SSE I see. I don't even mind because the picture Is so good. I really don't have anything bad to say about this TV. I LOVE IT!! I don't think I'll sleep tonight cuz theres so much I want to see and play. I'll post a pic In the morning. Take care all you Mits fans. I know I am for life! C-ya

Upgrading to the 73927...

Well everything went smooth with the swap. Wow what a beautiful TV I went with the 927 mostly for the VGA for my HTPC. I like the Idea of having two HD DVRs so I can lighten the load for my Direct HD DVR, and have more recording options. Plus I just wanted the best.

PQ Is the same, but I think the Diamond shield does add a smooth contrast over the picture, and I don't mind with a little glare. Speed of changing channels Is the same. I still can't get PIP HD with two separate antennas. I just don't think It's possible. I haven't used the HD yet, but I'm going to set It to record something tomorrow, and see how user friendly It Is.

What I noticed with the diamond sheild on I get a more dynamic picture better contrast's and an amazing picture.I love the style of the cabinet, very high end looking. I'm very happy with the upgrade, mostly for the VGA 1080p Input, and soon once I get the TV Guide to finally load, I'll be using the Hard drive alot for OTA stuff. It's hard to explain the picture differences because all 73" sets use the same light engine.

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5409 Old 09-17-2005, 05:03 PM

Liked: 10
Is there a better guide to the inner workings of NetCommand. I find working with the included manual nothing but frustrating. In Particular, how do you simply setup the system so that the tv sends the audio for all items connected to it through the digital coax out?

thanks for your time,

John Vinje
post #3 of 5409 Old 09-17-2005, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I believe the only thing you can send out of the Digital coax Is the OTA broadcasts from your antenna, or your Cable Card. Everything else will go out of the analog rca's.

post #4 of 5409 Old 09-17-2005, 06:05 PM

When you define the devices connected to your TV in Netcommand, make sure the AUDIO box is checked. This should send audio out the digital COAX to your receiver.

I have my cable box (RCA output) and OTA antenna audio both routing through the TV to my receiver. I have my DVD player directly connected to the receiver via optical. The DVD player is also sending audio to the TV through the HDMI connection and I flipped back and forth to see if there was any difference. The HDMI audio, routed through the digital coax from the TV to the receiver, didn't sound nearly as good as the straight thru optical connection.
post #5 of 5409 Old 09-17-2005, 07:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowchip View Post

When you define the devices connected to your TV in Netcommand, make sure the AUDIO box is checked. This should send audio out the digital COAX to your receiver.

I have my cable box (RCA output) and OTA antenna audio both routing through the TV to my receiver. I have my DVD player directly connected to the receiver via optical. The DVD player is also sending audio to the TV through the HDMI connection and I flipped back and forth to see if there was any difference. The HDMI audio, routed through the digital coax from the TV to the receiver, didn't sound nearly as good as the straight thru optical connection.

I think that's because 5.1 surround sound is not passed through the tv; you only get it when you send it directly from the dvd player to the av receiver.
post #6 of 5409 Old 09-17-2005, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Anyone else besides Millerwill and myself getting a 73" Mits set?

post #7 of 5409 Old 09-17-2005, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp Jones View Post

I saw the full line at CEDIA and was very very impressed. I was also guaranteed no bright spots this time around.

Hey Kipp, can you give use your take on the 73" Mits sets. How did they look? What was playing on them? How would you compare them to the other DLP sets? Thanks

post #8 of 5409 Old 09-17-2005, 09:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
IMO, the Mits DLPs were the best of the show, that is including the JVC LCoS RPTVs. Mits was running a demo loop of 1080p content which looked phenomenal. There were no motion artifacts (as seen on some of the other booth displays) and blacks were black, no dark greys here.

BTW, I also received a promise of no bright spots this time around. Good news for 1394 only display owners, Mits is supporting along with other Blu-Ray recorder companies, 1394 out to the display on Blu-Ray recorders. I saw their unit and it had dual 1394 ports as well as Sony and Sharp.

Kipp
Are you boozen & cruisin the AVS? Join us here ---> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8&page=1&pp=60 good times! www.illinoiscarry.org www.nra.org
post #9 of 5409 Old 09-17-2005, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp Jones View Post

IMO, the Mits DLPs were the best of the show, that is including the JVC LCoS RPTVs. Mits was running a demo loop of 1080p content which looked phenomenal. There were no motion artifacts (as seen on some of the other booth displays) and blacks were black, no dark greys here.

BTW, I also received a promise of no bright spots this time around. Good news for 1394 only display owners, Mits is supporting along with other Blu-Ray recorder companies, 1394 out to the display on Blu-Ray recorders. I saw their unit and it had dual 1394 ports as well as Sony and Sharp.

Awesome! The Mitsubishi Brand has always Impressed me with their Innovations, and quality. The wait for the 73" Is killing me!!

post #10 of 5409 Old 09-18-2005, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowchip View Post

This is the most straight forward answer that I have gotten so far. Are you talking about the audio box checked for input and output???

This is what I am talking about... People answer questions about Netcommand with "I believe" or "I think" due to the fact that the manual is abominable. The system is incredible but complex. The lack of good documentation is hurting the reputation of what is one of the most incredible High Def dlp's made to date!

Huuumph...

jv
post #11 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 04:28 PM

Now I feel like an idiot.....I double checked to see if the Audio checkbox was the key to send the signal out the dig coax connection, but it doesn't matter. That's the way I interpreted it when reading the on-screen prompts and manual. You are correct in saying that the Netcommand is somewhat cryptic as I don't know all the ins and outs of it either. It appears that it will send any and all audio out the dig. coax connection. All you have to do is create the Netcommand device for that particular input in the Netcommand set up.

BTW, make sure your receiver is configured for the dig coax input. I had mine orginally set to DVD (default) but had to change it to TV/SAT so that when I hit the TV/SAT function I got audio from the TV.
post #12 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

I think that's because 5.1 surround sound is not passed through the tv; you only get it when you send it directly from the dvd player to the av receiver.

I believe that audio from my CBS channel (OTA) is 5.1 during HD broadcast NFL/college games. If it isn't, it sure sounds good.
post #13 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 04:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha View Post

The wait for the 73" Is killing me!!

I don't suppose it's necessary to ask if you received--or even seen--a 73727 yet, for we'll see your report (or hear your shouts!) instantly.
post #14 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't suppose it's necessary to ask if you received--or even seen--a 73727 yet, for we'll see your report (or hear your shouts!) instantly.

Ultimate Electronics just got their shipment of the 73727 today. Just enough to take care of pre-orders so I'm getting mine thursday. And I have total confidence that this DLP will blow me away. Can...not...wait... I will try to pry myself from It, stay tuned

post #15 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 05:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Ultimate Electronics just got their shipment of the 73727 today. Just enough to take care of pre-orders so I'm getting mine thursday. And I have total confidence that this DLP will blow me away. Can...not...wait... I will try to pry myself from It, stay tuned

Very Exciting! Can't wait to hear your report.
post #16 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 06:24 PM

Quote:

Anyone else besides Millerwill and myself getting a 73" Mits set?

Yes 73827 ETA October
post #17 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Nice, that's 3.

post #18 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 06:45 PM

I am also waiting on the 73727. Was called today said it is on it's way.
post #19 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Sweet!! Hey hawks43, when will you get It?

post #20 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 07:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalle View Post

Yes 73827 ETA October

October doesn't sound so bad; from some other posts I was afraid it might be Nov for the 73827. I'm very curious to actually see the 727; the 2-tone cabinet doesn't look so great in the pics, but maybe it will be OK 'in the flesh'. The pics of the 827 certainly SEEM more appealing to me--and having a second HD tuner would be useful--provided the price premium for the 827 over the 727 is not too much (more than $500). By the time the 827 gets here, maybe the Samsung 7178 will also be here; would be comforting to be able to the the Mits and Sammy side by side for comparison.
post #21 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

My old Hitachi 65XWX20 was 2-tone, It's actually the same color too. Black and grey. To bad I have to wait till the middle of Oct for the 727 stand. I'll be using a coffee table to hold the beast In the mean time. Millerwill did you check out my theater pic? Do you think It'll blend In well?

post #22 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 08:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

My old Hitachi 65XWX20 was 2-tone, It's actually the same color too. Black and grey. To bad I have to wait till the middle of Oct for the 727 stand. I'll be using a coffee table to hold the beast In the mean time. Millerwill did you check out my theater pic? Do you think It'll blend In well?

No, I haven't seen you pic; would love to see it.

I have a 72" W, 20"D, and 16"H TV stand, custom made by a local shop that primarily makes bookshelves; solid American oak, natural finish. I just got him to make this stand in bookshelf style ($220); has two verticle partitions (i.e., 3 compartments), each with a single shelf, for components. It currently holds my hlp6163, but waiting for the 73" Mits (or the 71" Sammy if I change my mind!).

So the oak doesn't really match the black trim of the 827 or the gray of the 727; would probably be fine with either. I just have the impression--maybe wrong--that the 2-tone of the 727 is 'busier' than the all black of the 827, and thus perhaps more distracting. (My Ascend speakers, and SVS sub are the standard 'black box' style speakers, which I do like.) Maybe when I see the 727 I'll decide it is just what I want! (This would be simpler, since I really don't need the extra features of the 827; my wife loves the dvr of the Comcast 6412, and it's only $5/month.)

Really looking forward to your report of the 73727; pics would also be great!
post #23 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No, I haven't seen you pic; would love to see it.

Check out my sig at the bottom and click on "Theater Pics". When I get the 73727 I'll post new pics.

post #24 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 08:34 PM

Jealousy sets in for the rest of us...
post #25 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 08:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Check out my sig at the bottom and click on "Theater Pics". When I get the 73727 I'll post new pics.

Hey, thanks much--really enjoyed viewing your very impressive setup. (Sorry to be so dense in missing it!) And, well, yes, I agree: the gray-black combo looks very nice. It would certainly simplify my life if I decided to go with the 727 rather than waiting for the 827. If I get too impatient, though, I won't get the chance to compare it to the Sammy 7178; impatience is a mortal sin!
post #26 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eros111 View Post

I called the Ken Crans store in foothill, California on Friday 9/16/05 and they said they just put out a 73727 on the show room floor. The salesman stated that they had received it the day before. So the 73727 are definitely in stores now. I also called the Magnolia Hi Fi in Yorba Linda, CA but they didn't have one out on the show room floor but told me they had it in a warehouse.

I placed an order with Ken Cranes in foothill, CA for the 73727 two weeks ago (before they had it in stores) since they were having a no tax sale. The price was 5 0 0 0 even out the door, not including delivery. I don't know if they still have that sale. However, I am really waiting to see the Samsung 7178 before I pay for the Mitsubishi.

So for those of you dying for the Mits 73727... it has finally arrived.

I look forward to any new owners pics, and comments of the new 73"!

post #27 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 09:51 PM

Quote:

Do your guests have to sign a hearing damage waiver to watch a movie? I also wondered if you have pets...
post #28 of 5409 Old 09-19-2005, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloBox View Post

Do your guests have to sign a hearing damage waiver to watch a movie? I also wondered if you have pets...

LOL, yea I have a dog, who Is 6 months old. When we Introduced her to "The Theater" she stared at the screen, and looked all around the room. Now she sleeps on the floor thru everything. What a great dog, and trained well.

post #29 of 5409 Old 09-20-2005, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

I've got a 73927 on order. The dealer says early October-- but I'm probably going to have him hold it for a few weeks as I'm putting a new floor in the room where its going. I had him order the matching base from MITS and an extra bulb as well.

I'm mating it up to a new 7.1 Deftech Mythos system.

I actually thought about cancelling and ordering the new Sony SXRD front projector but when I found out the bulbs are $ 1K and I might only get full light output for 600-800 hours I thought the lifecycle costs were crazy and stuck with the MITS.
post #30 of 5409 Old 09-20-2005, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That'll be a sweet setup. All silver tone, nice. Please post some pics when It's finished.

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page