Official 2005 Sony KDSR-50/60XBR1 SXRD Owner's Thread - Page 785 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #23521 of 23994 Old 09-01-2011, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CCsoftball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit58 View Post

While I definitely have the green blob, it is mild in comparison to the one posted above me. It's mainly visible on white or light backgrounds as a cloud. Is there any value for a TV like this? I also have an extra new factory bulb. Thanlks
Mrfixit

You could always donate it and write it off on your taxes. I would not want to sell it to anyone as I would not want them to have the same issue. If the OB is replaced, it will look as good as new. However, that is cost prohibitive.
CCsoftball7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #23522 of 23994 Old 09-03-2011, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
xb1032's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusX2112 View Post

Yes an xtra $290.......

An extra $290 over the 55EX500 or the 60EX720? (or basically $490+tax or $1365+tax)

My pics were just sent Thursday and I called the weekend support and apparently they don't have the authority to offer anything outside of the 2 TVs listed as replacements. The gentlemen that I spoke to did tell me to call during normal business hours during the week and speak to Customer Relations because they have the authority to make a higher level decision if need be.
xb1032 is offline  
post #23523 of 23994 Old 09-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Member
 
CygnusX2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 View Post

An extra $290 over the 55EX500 or the 60EX720? (or basically $490+tax or $1365+tax)

My pics were just sent Thursday and I called the weekend support and apparently they don't have the authority to offer anything outside of the 2 TVs listed as replacements. The gentlemen that I spoke to did tell me to call during normal business hours during the week and speak to Customer Relations because they have the authority to make a higher level decision if need be.


Over the 60EX720 price. So yes it was $1365 plus tax. I didn't care though. If I was gonna spend the money I wanted the better TV. Just glad Sony let me do it....

To get the offer/TV you want. Don't call support or customer relations. They are the ones telling people no. E-mail back to Sony listens and the person who gave you the initial offer can help. Just tell them the model you want. The person that handled my event claim was Mike Puma. If that fails go over to the Sony listens face-book page. Post what happened and the model you want. One of the Sony listens team will ask you to PM them.....

In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King......
CygnusX2112 is offline  
post #23524 of 23994 Old 09-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Member
 
mrfixit58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am hoping to get the best display possible with no money involved so as use the proceeds to buy one of the really quality displays on the market and not a Sony. Two bad displays are enough for me especially with Sony"s lack of genuine interest.
Mrfixit
mrfixit58 is offline  
post #23525 of 23994 Old 09-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
ChuckF.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit58 View Post
While I definitely have the green blob, it is mild in comparison to the one posted above me. It's mainly visible on white or light backgrounds as a cloud. Is there any value for a TV like this? I also have an extra new factory bulb. Thanlks
Mrfixit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCsoftball7 View Post
You could always donate it and write it off on your taxes. I would not want to sell it to anyone as I would not want them to have the same issue. If the OB is replaced, it will look as good as new. However, that is cost prohibitive.
I noticed today that Tristate is paying $50 for unbutchered SXRD LEs.
http://www.tristatemodule.com/
ChuckF. is offline  
post #23526 of 23994 Old 09-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Member
 
mrfixit58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, not having done all to much research, what is the cause of the optical block failure? It absolutely dumbfounds me that sony couldn't fix it and kept selling these sets for years. If a company like tristatemodule fixes it, why would it last. I once read about a guy that had his optical block replaced with one that had a glass lens. Anyway, always wondered what is the problem?
mrfixit58 is offline  
post #23527 of 23994 Old 09-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Member
 
cowboysfan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My HDMI inputs just went on my 60" SXRD. It gave me no warning...was watching TV friday night. The next morning when i turned it on the screen was blank. I thought it was my new Denon 1912 receiver...but when i connected all of my sources directly to the TV all but the Xbox gave a blank screen. I'm scratching my head as to why the Xbox worked. They said it could either be the PD Block ($225) or the DSU Assembly ($750). Now i'm just thinking about purchasing a new TV all together.

Anybody else had this issue?
cowboysfan22 is offline  
post #23528 of 23994 Old 09-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Senior Member
 
brickyardz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Palm Harbor,FL
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Cowboysfan22, I have had the picture go black on me a few times before on my XBR1. I just unplugged and switched the hdmi cables around, and the picture came back on. It never stayed out forever. When I checked later on the hdmi input was fine. I know it is weird. I had OB replaced once, the set has been fine since. I know the set is not going to last forever,but the picture on this thing remains great! I am looking at the 46" HX929 for my bedroom right now. Hope you get things straightened out.
brickyardz is offline  
post #23529 of 23994 Old 09-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Member
 
cowboysfan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardz View Post
Cowboysfan22, I have had the picture go black on me a few times before on my XBR1. I just unplugged and switched the hdmi cables around, and the picture came back on. It never stayed out forever. When I checked later on the hdmi input was fine. I know it is weird. I had OB replaced once, the set has been fine since. I know the set is not going to last forever,but the picture on this thing remains great! I am looking at the 46" HX929 for my bedroom right now. Hope you get things straightened out.
hey, thanks for the reply! yeah, i did all of that...i've connected and reconnected and rebooted and even purchased new hdmi cables...still no picture. the only thing that will work is the xbox...which is very strange. i think i'm gonna purchase a LED 60"...i can get a Sharp for $1300 right now. I just don't want to keep putting money into the set, esp. when TV's are so cheap now. I had the lamp replaced 3 years ago and i'm sure it will be needing replacement soon....and they run between 2 & 300 a pop. Can't believe i paid $4300 for this TV in 2005. Unreal! lol
cowboysfan22 is offline  
post #23530 of 23994 Old 09-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Senior Member
 
brickyardz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Palm Harbor,FL
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know what you mean. I replaced my lamp once, have a spare on hand. I'll be doing the same when I have to start dumping money into my XBR1.
brickyardz is offline  
post #23531 of 23994 Old 09-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Member
 
Dysan911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For anyone still tracking this thread I sure could use some ideas here.

my 60in SXRD is flashing the standby light 4 times. I took the entire back off and have replaced the main 120mm Fan and cleaned the smaller fan just above it. Also the smaller fan in the back as well as pulling all the electronics back enough to get to the Optical block fan. I can confirm there is no dust in that one and it spins freely but did not verify it was working with the TV on since I had to disconnect so much to get to it.

With all fans working I was able to have the TV stay on long enough to switch to the High Altitude setting but just as soon as I did that it turned off and 4 more flashes.

I am at a loss on what is going on. Why is the unit indicating a fan error when all fans are working. With the exception of being able to visually see the Optical Block fan.

I don't know what else to try.

THanks!
Dysan911 is offline  
post #23532 of 23994 Old 09-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
RudyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's probably the same issue as mine. Your ASU board went down the toilet. If you check the error page on the TV it will show up as a Lower B error.

Rudy

There - in or at that place <Stand over there>
Their - of or relating to them <Their furniture>
They're - they are <They are so polite>
:)
RudyG is offline  
post #23533 of 23994 Old 09-11-2011, 05:19 AM
Member
 
Dysan911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks RudyG for the response. I truly appreciate you taking a moment to help. Is that Board an affordable replacement part?

Thanks again!
Dysan911 is offline  
post #23534 of 23994 Old 09-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
RudyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Now, I'm by no means an expert, but the folks on this board, in fact it may have been this very thread, have told me that repairing the ASU/DSU board would run upwards of $900. So needless to say I gave up. Of course, you'd want to ascertain that this is in fact the issue first.
I used the instructions from the service manual for this TV to get to the status screen back in the days when the screen stayed on for a couple of minutes. The status screen will show any error that happened within the TV in the past. On the status screen I saw three errors marked with a 1 instead of zero. The light bulb error, the fan error and the Lower B error. All three errors happened to me on the very same day. :O Since I had no idea what Lower B error was at that time I went searching and eventually asked about it here, and of course got my answer. Adding insult to injury was the fact that I had to buy a brand new bulb in order to see these three errors and realize that my TV is now completely unusable. But now it has a brand new bulb in it.

HTH
Rudy

There - in or at that place <Stand over there>
Their - of or relating to them <Their furniture>
They're - they are <They are so polite>
:)
RudyG is offline  
post #23535 of 23994 Old 09-11-2011, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kucharsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 3,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 29
So - ex-mother-in-law's 50XBR1 died with either the fan or board error.

Any point in having it fixed, or just start shopping for something new?

I can't imagine what a repair agent would charge for the fan repair, though.

She had hoped to get another year out of it as she had planned on shopping for something new next year.

I suspect a new LCD may be in her future, thinking 55HX929 though she doesn't own a BD player and will never, ever watch anything in 3D
kucharsk is offline  
post #23536 of 23994 Old 09-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Member
 
Dysan911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Rudy,

Thanks again for taking a moment to explain the cost estimates on the ASU/DSU board. I am curious though if that price quote is strictly talking having a Sony Tech do the repairs. Do you know if this part can be easily replaced by the do it yourself-er.

I would certainly like to see if I can access the service menu to view the error codes. Do you have that procedure handy? I would really like to confirm the TV is not worth fixing before I pitch it out. I've taken such good care of this thing that sitting it out on the street would look like someone abandoned a brand new set.
Dysan911 is offline  
post #23537 of 23994 Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Newbie
 
AdamsJourney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 50" XBR1 that recently had a foreign object puncture the screens. The whole set still works, was replaced completely under warranty for the blob issue a few years back and just recently had the bulb replaced. I originally ordered a new set of screens for it from Sears PartsDirect but they were backordered and, after weighing some options (and with Football's opening day being yesterday), we opted to buy a replacement set. I now have a fully functional XBR1 with a whole in the screen that I need to figure out what to do with. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, part it out, sell it whole, donate it to charity. Just looking for ideas on what would be best. I've been a long time lurker just looking for some input from the community.

Thanks in advance.
AdamsJourney is offline  
post #23538 of 23994 Old 09-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Member
 
sldwaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post

So - ex-mother-in-law's 50XBR1 died with either the fan or board error.

Any point in having it fixed, or just start shopping for something new?

I can't imagine what a repair agent would charge for the fan repair, though.

She had hoped to get another year out of it as she had planned on shopping for something new next year.

I suspect a new LCD may be in her future, thinking 55HX929 though she doesn't own a BD player and will never, ever watch anything in 3D

In response to the question about a failed fan, mine did indeed fail back in 2009. I had an extended warranty and they replaced for free. I inquired as to what the cost would have been at the time, and he said it would have been a flat fee of $149 for in-house repair. He said the cost of the part was about $30 (I think his estimate of the fan part was high). It is a VERY easy fix and would not pay someone to do it. I only did it because it was covered under extended warranty. I also had my optical block repaired under warranty and it has been going strong for the past 6 months. I will keep my fingers crossed on the life of the new block.

Hope this helps.
sldwaa is offline  
post #23539 of 23994 Old 09-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Member
 
sldwaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also forgot te mention the same company who repaired my optical block said the cost would have been $1,531.24 for the part plus $179.90 labor. My extended warranty purchase save me with two new bulbs, a new fan and the optical block. My repair company hates me.
sldwaa is offline  
post #23540 of 23994 Old 09-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Member
 
sldwaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldwaa View Post

I also forgot te mention the same company who repaired my optical block said the cost would have been $1,531.24 for the part plus $179.90 labor. My extended warranty purchase save me with two new bulbs, a new fan and the optical block. My repair company hates me.

Shall I say:

I also forgot to mention the same company who repaired my optical block said the cost would have been $1,531.24 for the part plus $179.90 labor. My extended warranty purchase saved me with two new bulbs, a new fan and the optical block. My repair company hates me.

I can actually spell (sometimes)
sldwaa is offline  
post #23541 of 23994 Old 09-14-2011, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kucharsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 3,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Yeah, my Dad who has a 60 had his repaired under the extended warranty; the fans on my ex-Mother-in-Law's lasted two years longer, so she's out of warranty now.

Given the substantial amount of disassembly required to get to the fans, I figured the labor cost would make the repair prohibitively pricey compared to the price of something new.

I wish Sony would give a low cost upgrade for this failure as well, and this is another reason I hate fans in all devices - they will fail, it's just a matter of when.
kucharsk is offline  
post #23542 of 23994 Old 09-16-2011, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
xb1032's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I just took possession of a 55EX500 today. My 60XBR1 still works fine but the overall picture has a blueish tint to it. My bet is that many others probably may have this type of issue and just don't realize it. My wife had been living with it (I rarely watch this TV) and after I mentioned it a while back I think she started noticing it. It wasn't as obvious during the day but at night when dimming the lights it's definitely noticeable (I bet some of you don't see if because you are not looking for it).

Anyway when I took my pic of it the picture was about 3-4 times more blue than what it really was. Any of you experience issues with your SXRD may really want to take a look.

Personally, I wasn't overly impressed with the 55EX500 that I saw in the store (although much better than the SXRD) so I paid the $200+tax for it and decided to sell it and will upgrade at a later time. I can't complain much for paying just over $212 for a $1400 TV and am still able to keep my SXRD until it completely dies.
xb1032 is offline  
post #23543 of 23994 Old 09-17-2011, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hughh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Arlington TX
Posts: 2,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
xb1032 - Check your XBR1 Menu-Video and ensure the Temperature is set to Warm. If set to Cool, it will look blueish at night.
hughh is offline  
post #23544 of 23994 Old 09-17-2011, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
xb1032's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughh View Post

xb1032 - Check your XBR1 Menu-Video and ensure the Temperature is set to Warm. If set to Cool, it will look blueish at night.

It's not the color temperature. There is a blue haze over the whole picture and is easily seen in darker areas of the pic. Darker areas should be grayish at night and not blue. I can put the TV on a black screen and the whole picture is blue. Even with the color temperature at blue this should not be the case. The picture is definitely what it used to be. I have been using the warm setting and have turned down blue in the white balance for years.
xb1032 is offline  
post #23545 of 23994 Old 09-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
RudyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post

I would certainly like to see if I can access the service menu to view the error codes. Do you have that procedure handy?

The very first page of this thread gives the key combination. But if you are willing to poke around some more in these forums you'll find the link to the service menu itself. I thought I had it bookmarked but can't seem to find it.

Rudy

There - in or at that place <Stand over there>
Their - of or relating to them <Their furniture>
They're - they are <They are so polite>
:)
RudyG is offline  
post #23546 of 23994 Old 09-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Senior Member
 
brickyardz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Palm Harbor,FL
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is what I am looking for. I would like to get a stand that has space to hold my KEF Q600C, and shelves that are strong enough to hold my Arcam AVR 600. Want something that is enclosed, that looks more like furniture,than an open rack. Any ideas what I should look at?
brickyardz is offline  
post #23547 of 23994 Old 09-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Member
 
Dysan911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So does anyone know if the DSU or ASU board is something I can replace myself? I got into the Service menu and did not see any ERRORS. Of course I only get a few secs to look at the screen before it goes off and flashes 4 lousy red lights again!.
Dysan911 is offline  
post #23548 of 23994 Old 09-21-2011, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Torqdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 1,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post

So does anyone know if the DSU or ASU board is something I can replace myself? I got into the Service menu and did not see any ERRORS. Of course I only get a few secs to look at the screen before it goes off and flashes 4 lousy red lights again!.

I've always kinda had the M.O. "if someone else can do it, then so can I". It would prolly help to obtain a service manual or something that gives you a clue as to what to do.

He (or she) who dies with the most HT gear doesn't win anything. They're DEAD!
Torqdog is offline  
post #23549 of 23994 Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Member
 
sldwaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post

Rudy,

Thanks again for taking a moment to explain the cost estimates on the ASU/DSU board. I am curious though if that price quote is strictly talking having a Sony Tech do the repairs. Do you know if this part can be easily replaced by the do it yourself-er.

I would certainly like to see if I can access the service menu to view the error codes. Do you have that procedure handy? I would really like to confirm the TV is not worth fixing before I pitch it out. I've taken such good care of this thing that sitting it out on the street would look like someone abandoned a brand new set.

Dysan911 - I replaced my fan when the light flashed and that fixed my issue. Yours is more complicated (obviously) - I poked around the internet and FixYa has this listed to also check for your problem - thought I would throw it out there for one more item before you make a costly change out.

"Blinking codes are never good news:

4 times, Diagnosis: Vertical deflection stopped. Possible causes: +- 15V is not supplied. (D board), IC8003 is faulty. (A board) Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby state after horizontal raster, Vertical deflection pulse is stopped, Power line is shorted or power supply is stopped."

Hope this helps and good luck.
sldwaa is offline  
post #23550 of 23994 Old 09-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Member
 
Dysan911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldwaa View Post

Dysan911 - I replaced my fan when the light flashed and that fixed my issue. Yours is more complicated (obviously) - I poked around the internet and FixYa has this listed to also check for your problem - thought I would throw it out there for one more item before you make a costly change out.

"Blinking codes are never good news:

4 times, Diagnosis: Vertical deflection stopped. Possible causes: +- 15V is not supplied. (D board), IC8003 is faulty. (A board) Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby state after horizontal raster, Vertical deflection pulse is stopped, Power line is shorted or power supply is stopped."

Hope this helps and good luck.



Alright here's the deli-ma!. I already replaced this TV but my Sony is in mint condition and I really hate to toss it out if it's just some cheap board but I certainly don't want to throw parts at it and find out the hard way that it was a $900 fix. So what I've got so far is.

It could be the ASU/DSU Board and before you run out and buy one off ebay you have to make sure it's the right Series to match your Optical block. Not sure about that.

I replaced the big fan in the back with a 120mm PC Fan and wired it in. Could there be the slightest issue that for some reason it needs the actual original OEM SOny Fan in there to work right? Or is a fan a fan and as long as it's spinning up then that's resolved and it has to be something else? Which brings me back to the DSU/ASU.

My Sony does have the newer Optical block. Maybe I can part this TV out.. Its just so hard for me to give up on it and throw it in the dumpster.

Seems the internet is FULL of the 4 red blinks symptoms and everyone of them resolved it simply by cleaning the fans.
Dysan911 is offline  
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Sony , Sony Kds R5oxbr1 Kdsr5oxbr1 Lamp With Housing Xl5100
Gear in this thread - Xl5100 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off