The Official HP Pavilion 1080P DLP Owner's Thread - Page 367 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #10981 of 10990 Old 10-25-2015, 05:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey street! Thanks for your reply.

I did consider the fan and I have seen sites that mention the lights. Most solutions for the lights seem to advise to " schedule service appointment....".

I feel like the fan comes on but because I'm moving, I have stuff piled up everywhere and maneuverability is very limited, so it's difficult for me to get back there and see what's really going on. It's probably a long shot but should I find the motivation, I'm going to take the back off and try to clean any dust out and maybe try running it with the cover off.

As I've been given this set for free, I'm not that invested in it but it would be a shame to let such a beautiful set go to waste. The picture is still amazing and the audio is perfect. I will definitely let you know if I do find anything out.

Thanks again. You have good taste in TV stands.
Danabw likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10982 of 10990 Old 02-01-2016, 07:14 AM

Liked: 0
5880 available for parts

Our 5880 started shutting off and the local repairman is at a loss so we're going to part our 5880 out. Name the part and make an offer.
Thanks!
post #10983 of 10990 Old 02-03-2016, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How old is the bulb?
post #10984 of 10990 Old 02-27-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRanger View Post
Well, I installed two brand-new fans this afternoon, and the TV booted right up into the scrambled picture this time instead of 45+ minutes later. I guess it is time to give up and move on to a modern TV.

So, if there is anyone else on here still running one, or trying to, I have spare parts! Let me know soon if you have any interest in any part of the carcass.

New-ish OEM bulb that I bought December 2014 and it is working flawlessly (with a generic housing from my first bulb purchase)
Well-used original OEM bulb in the factory housing (I saved for emergency spare in case one quit suddenly)
Two brand-new cooling fans with <5 minutes of run time. (I moved the OEM connectors over)
Two OEM cooling fans
Power supply assembly (3 boards in a chassis)
Main Board
Amp Board
Wiring harnesses
Light engine/DLP assembly (I'm pretty sure this is the problem child)
Speakers
screws, front door, screen, whatever else you might need!

I know there isn't a lot of value in these parts any longer, but hopefully they can help someone keep a set going. Make me a reasonable offer that will make it worth my time to box anything up and keep the bits from getting scrapped. If I don't get any traction here, I'll probably make an ebay listing for the bulbs and housings, and see if I can catch any interest there for the rest of the parts.

I'm sure sorry to see it go. It has been a great TV for 9 years.
TexRanger, do you recall what replacement fans fit your MD6580N? I think I need to replace the fans in my MD5880N - I imagine the fans are the same. Thanks.
post #10985 of 10990 Old 02-27-2016, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm traveling right now but send me a message and I'll dig them out when I return. I found a cross reference but had to move the original connectors over to the new fans. I'd be happy to sell you my originals and the new ones at a good price. The new ones were only installed for a few hours before I broke down the TV.
post #10986 of 10990 Old 03-26-2016, 05:36 PM

I'm new here and could use some help my HP md5880n. The pictures attached have grown to full screen abs the TV is pretty uses less. Anything I can repair do I need to junk it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160326_094140592_1459038973342.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1340954  
post #10987 of 10990 Old 04-01-2016, 05:01 PM

Liked: 1
I had the 6580 and I have a nearly new bulb (about 50 hours) and a remote if anyone is interested. I'll give you a very fair price. I was active on the forum in the past, but I could not remember my username/password and I've changed emails since then so I couldn't retrieve my info. I know I posted on this thread though, multiple times back in the day.
Danabw likes this.
post #10988 of 10990 Old 07-06-2016, 03:48 PM

Liked: 10
I presently have had the 6580n Pavillion for 11 years. My television worked well until it started displaying half a screen. That is the screen being cut in half vertically with the left side displaying a TV image and the right side displaying a scrambled, green, "gobblety-gook" image. Figured this was a main board issue and I couldn't find a replacement, so I'm relegated to part the TV out. Anyone need a part, we can work out a fair price. I have a used bulb and a replacement bulb presently unused.

Anybody interested, fire me a quick email. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, just to narrow down my geographic location if it'll help.

Thanks.

Chad Mehl
post #10989 of 10990 Old 07-07-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmehlik View Post
I presently have had the 6580n Pavillion for 11 years. My television worked well until it started displaying half a screen. That is the screen being cut in half vertically with the left side displaying a TV image and the right side displaying a scrambled, green, "gobblety-gook" image. Figured this was a main board issue and I couldn't find a replacement, so I'm relegated to part the TV out. Anyone need a part, we can work out a fair price. I have a used bulb and a replacement bulb presently unused.

Anybody interested, fire me a quick email. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, just to narrow down my geographic location if it'll help.

Thanks.

Chad Mehl
I would be interested in one of the bulbs. Please let me know the cost. I live in the US in Georgia.

Thanks,

Keith
post #10990 of 10990 Old 07-11-2016, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Happy to see that some of these great sets are still chugging along!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2015 Sony X850C FAQ: Recommended Picture settings, 3D FAQ, HDR FAQ, DirecTV 4K Ready FAQ, Troubleshooting & common problems; Dropbox Link || Alternate Google Drive FAQ Link. FAQ is frequently (often daily!) updated, check back often! || My gear: TV - Sony XBR75X850C, BD - Sony BDP S350, AVR - Pioneer VSX-1020, Speakers - RBH MC-616C MKII Center Channel, RBH MC-6C MKII Bookshelf (fronts), RBH MC-615 In-ceiling surrounds, RBH TS-10AP 200W self-powered sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page