Originally Posted by NODLP4ME
Hard to post your lamp life if you don't know how to check lamp hours.
Or don't know how to get into the service menu!
Until you have had a lamp failure most people won't think to even check.
Once your lamp has failed you have no way to check until you get the new lamp
and I think the counter gets reset when u replace it.
Just an FYI the lamp hours DO NOT get reset when you replace it, at least not with the 94's. As far as the process it must be different with the 95's. From what I understand you can get into the service mode with the same process but pressing "9" doesn't access the diagnostics page which displays the hours. Perhaps they changed the digit (i.e.1-8). If someone wants to try different combinations maybe that can figure it out. Just don't mess with the up or down volume keys. You may also want to scroll through the service mode and write down all the settings for the different entries, just in case.
. This is accomplished by using up (forwards through options) and down (reverses through options) channel keys to scroll through the different options listed below. Some of these may or may not be the same in the 95's.
RCUT R CUT OFF
GCUT G CUTOFF
BCUT B CUT OFF
GDRV G DRIVE
BDRV B DRIVE
BRTC BRIGHT CENTER
SCNT SUB CONTRAST FOR TV
COLC COLOR CENTER
UVTT BASE BAND TINT
CNTX SUB CONTRAST MAX
HPOS H-POSITION (PAL/DFS)
HPOS(PJ ONLY) 56P CONVERGENCE OSD PATTERN HPOS
VPOS(PJ ONLY) 56P CONVERGENCE OSD PATTERN VPOS
CWDH COLOR WHEEL DELAY (HIGH)
CWDL COLOR WHEEL DELAY (LOW)
DMDB DMD BIAS
OPT1 TV SET OPTION
OPT2 TV SET OPTION
TVOP TV OPTION
PLLW0 PLL WAIT TIME
PLLW1 PLL WAIT TIME
PLLW2 PLL WAIT TIME
PLLW3 PLL WAIT TIME
PLLW4 PLL WAIT TIME
PLLW5 PLL WAIT TIME
V01 VOLUME (DATA)
V25 VOLUME (DATA)
V50 VOLUME (DATA)
V75 VOLUME (DATA)
V100 VOLUME (DATA)
MODH MODUS DATA HIGH
MODL MODUS DATA LOW
PRES FMAM PRESCALE
SCTH VOLUME SCART OPTION HIGH
SCTL VOLUME SCART OPTION LOW
Here is the procedure for the 94's.
With TV turned on:
1. Press "mute" on the remote - 1/2 mute appears on the screen
2. Press "mute" on the remote again - mute appears on the screen
3. Press "mute" on the remote and hold the mute button -
4. Press the "Menu" button on the TV's front panel. "S" will appear in the upper right corner of the screen.
5. Press the "Menu" button a second time and the "S" will disappear. On the left side of the screen you will see "RCUT" followed by two numbers.
You are now in the service mode (this is where you can scroll through the options using the up and down channel keys shown above).
6. Press "9" on the remote and you will access the diagnostics page. In the right hand corner is the lamp time in hours.
7. Press "power" button on remote to exit the menu and power off the TV.CAUTION: Do not use the up and down volume keys on the remote in this menu as it can alter the data and can be dangerous.