>>>The Official JVC Pro-Dila HD-P61R1U & HD-P70R1U Owners Thread<<< - Page 135 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #4021 of 4023 Old 05-04-2016, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLAY View Post
Does this display work well with HDMI? Like the current sat boxes or DVD players? I know it doesn't accept 1080P signals.

Chris

Mine has been flawless. Just don't let too much light hit the back panel or the digital inputs will trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4022 of 4023 Old 12-27-2016, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I acquired this TV from a friend and it worked great for about a year. Then the bulb died and I replaced it with a bulb from ExclusiveBulbs on Amazon for I think $25. This worked great for a week and then seemingly died just last week. I thought maybe this was just bad luck so I ordered a new one from the same store, and the bulb is working however, unlike before, now the screen has vertical lines that seem to show up against certain colors. See enclosed image and note the vertical lines, particularly visible thru the red Youtube, Smithsonian and Comedy Central logos. The lines show up on antenna and HDMI. Looks worse in person than on the picture. I thought maybe the bulb was not seated properly but removing and reinstalling did not help. Any ideas what the issue is here? The store on Amazon is telling me this is not a fault of the bulb.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1225160818.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	1856201  
post #4023 of 4023 Old 12-31-2016, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would remove lamp clean all contacts ans surfaces of the lamp as well as the glass and inspect the interior of the lamp housing hitting everything with a microfiber cloth and see if it clears up. I have seen different lamp brands seat differently as well so double check that the lamp is getting completly nstalled and the screws are tight . Hopefully that solves it otherwise you could be looking at the light engine going out which are obsolete and nearly impossible to find. Good luck! I'm still running mine 10 years and 6 lamps later, The sets have certainly gotten a bit long in the tooth but they still are very nice and I won't be upgrading mine till it dies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page