AVS Forum banner

>>>The Official JVC Pro-Dila HD-P61R1U & HD-P70R1U Owners Thread<<<

424K views 4K replies 365 participants last post by  vtnorseman 
#1 ·
The Official JVC Pro-Dila HD-P61R1U & HD-P70R1U Owners Thread

I thought with all the confusion about The Consumer Pro models and these models I would start a thread exclusively for the JVC Pro Division Models. Please ONLY POST HERE ABOUT THE PRO SETS (NOT THE CONSUMER PRO SETS). I know not one person has received there sets yet from the powerbuy, but, why not start this thread now as these sets will start shipping very soon. Perhaps next week or so. I am anxiously awaiting my second call for firm price and ship date....what about you guys?

#2 ·
Let's not all go at once now!
Anyone?

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericm7575 /forum/post/0

Pro? Consumer Pro?

I'm so confused!?!

There is a Consumer Pro that starts with either 56, 61, or 70 and ends in FH96.

This thread is for sets starting with 61 or 70 and ends with R1U.

I'm hoping I get mine a day or two before Christmas. It would be nice to fill that gaping hole in my entertainement center.

#7 ·
Specifically, there may be some refinements in the 'optical engine', and 6500 degree calibration in the 'R1U' pro displays, as compared to the consumer-quality 'FH96' displays.

However, I don't have much of an idea of what optical path improvements (if any) JVC actually put into their 'R1U' PRO optical engine -- e.g. better quality projection lenses, or what?

It would be very interesting to read details about actual improvements in the JVC 'R1U' PRO series of displays.

Anyone volunteer?

#8 ·
I'm a 70" PRO PB customer. From what I understand, 61"s have already started getting second contacts from Jason, and sets to be delivered this week. As far as I know, no 70" customers have gotten second contact yet, and our delivery date is in limbo. Possibly the week between Xmas and New Years if we're really lucky.

But this definately should be the place to post if you're a 70" who gets a second contact, or if you're a 61" who has taken delivery.

I can barely contain my excitement.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvogt /forum/post/0

I'm a 70" PRO PB customer. From what I understand, 61"s have already started getting second contacts from Jason, and sets to be delivered this week. As far as I know, no 70" customers have gotten second contact yet, and our delivery date is in limbo. Possibly the week between Xmas and New Years if we're really lucky.

But this definately should be the place to post if you're a 70" who gets a second contact, or if you're a 61" who has taken delivery.

My 61" Pro is supposed to be shipped Monday or Tuesday. I thought I read somewhere that they don't expect the 70" Pro to be received in NY until January 5th.

Does anyone have any new pictures to post?

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd1aa /forum/post/0

My 61" Pro is supposed to be shipped Monday or Tuesday. I thought I read somewhere that they don't expect the 70" Pro to be received in NY until January 5th.

Does anyone have any new pictures to post?

Did they say how long it would take you to actually receive your 61"?

I mean how many days from point to point? When Jason called me about my 70" last week he said they should start receiving them in January and ship soon after that. So not much longer to go. January is only 11/2 weeks away....

#11 ·
Also anyone know where I can get a third party service contract/warrantee? Preferably a 5 year contract to tack on to the 18 months?

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by menexxus /forum/post/0

Also anyone know where I can get a third party service contract/warrantee? Preferably a 5 year contract to tack on to the 18 months?

The only third party warranties I've been able to find are for 3 years. Repairtech, Mack, and Repair Master (lots of posts saying to stay away from this one due to financial issues with company - they do offer a 5 year plan but since people have said to stay away from warrantech products, I didn't bother listing). No bulb replacement warranty available because they have to be purchased on the same receipt as the TV.

I did notice that a place that calls itself a wholesaler of extended warrantees is not listed as an authorized dealer for Mack - don't know if this makes a difference.

The lowest discounted price I've found has Repairtech for TVs $2501-5000 is $50 less than the comparable Mack. Emphasis on "what I've found". I've never heard of Repairtech until seaching for extended warrantees for my upcoming delivery but I've been into photography for a long time and lots of camera stores sell the Mack warrantee (probably where they got their start because they are referred to as Mackcam.

I didn't post prices to avoid violating a posting restriction.

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvogt /forum/post/0

I am on the list for a 70" but told Jason I wanted to wait until Jan to pull the trigger so no second contact anyway. I really want to understand the difference between the R and the FH. I am supposed to be going to CES (signed up but may get preempted) and that is one of the issues I hope to get a good answer on. My understanding, from somewhere on this forum, was that their were not enough wanting the 70" to place an order yet.

#14 ·
My 61 inch P61R1U will be here on either Friday or Monday. Friday would be nice for Christmas, but I worry about giving it too much attention instead of my kids that will be in for Christmas. ;D

By the way, did anyone see the article in December's Perfect Vision on page 14? Pretty amazing, they tested a lot of HD TVs and found that 56% of them threw away half of the 1080i signal!

They said that ALL JVCs correctly handled the 1080 signal. Many DLP sets did not!

Sony had some that did, and some that didn't. But all lcos looked okay.

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Mo /forum/post/0

My 61 inch P61R1U will be here on either Friday or Monday. Friday would be nice for Christmas, but I worry about giving it too much attention instead of my kids that will be in for Christmas. ;D

By the way, did anyone see the article in December's Perfect Vision on page 14? Pretty amazing, they tested a lot of HD TVs and found that 56% of them threw away half of the 1080i signal!

They said that ALL JVCs correctly handled the 1080 signal. Many DLP sets did not!

Woah...need to check out that article.

#16 ·

Quote:

My 61 inch P61R1U will be here on either Friday or Monday. Friday would be nice for Christmas, .

If this is from the powerbuy did you get shipping confirmation from Jason? I ordered the 61" and received a 2nd email last week giving me a firm shipping cost. It asked for me to confirm and indicating my credit card would be charged. I confirmed but I have received no shipping info.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator1 /forum/post/0

If this is from the powerbuy did you get shipping confirmation from Jason? I ordered the 61" and received a 2nd email last week giving me a firm shipping cost. It asked for me to confirm and indicating my credit card would be charged. I confirmed but I have received no shipping info.

I confirmed my order with Jason on 12-14. He said the 61s were due in this week, but he gave no other estimate on shipping date. Just saw the FH61 at VO in San Mateo, CA. It was in Vivid mode and on a very poor feed. I should have taken my sun screen! It takes a great leap of faith to understand that what we are seeing in the stores is very far from reality. The posted price was almost exactly what we are paying for the Professional 61 including shipping. If you add sales tax, it was more that $200 over the price. Thanks again Joe V. and Jason. If anyone gets the word on shipments to the West Coast, please let all of us know.

#18 ·

Quote:

Will this take a 1080i input on HDMI?

I was looking at the HD-P70R1U / HD-P61R1U Rear Projection TV Set Owner's Manual that is on the JVC site, that Jason has a link to in lhis post: link broken.

On page 25 and 58 it mentions 480p on HDMI but only briefly mentions 1080i and 720p on page 56, but no mention of the input used.

Sure wish it had 1080P because it is the best looking case I have seen. Edit: The consumer model looks very similar if not identical, and 1080P isn't a deal breaker for me anymore.
http://pro.jvc.com/pro/attributes/PR...v_led_1116.JPG

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttmatsu /forum/post/0

The only third party warranties I've been able to find are for 3 years. Repairtech, Mack, and Repair Master (lots of posts saying to stay away from this one due to financial issues with company - they do offer a 5 year plan but since people have said to stay away from warrantech products, I didn't bother listing). No bulb replacement warranty available because they have to be purchased on the same receipt as the TV.

I did notice that a place that calls itself a wholesaler of extended warrantees is not listed as an authorized dealer for Mack - don't know if this makes a difference.

The lowest discounted price I've found has Repairtech for TVs $2501-5000 is $50 less than the comparable Mack. Emphasis on "what I've found". I've never heard of Repairtech until seaching for extended warrantees for my upcoming delivery but I've been into photography for a long time and lots of camera stores sell the Mack warrantee (probably where they got their start because they are referred to as Mackcam.

I didn't post prices to avoid violating a posting restriction.

Actually, I found this link on repair master that offers a 2 and 4 year in home warrantees....I wasn't to thrilled about the mack warrantees though. I wonder maybe reapirmaster is not so bad, I mean TV Authority uses them and they cant be that bad...can they?

http://www.televisionwarranties.com/

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator1 /forum/post/0

No, I did not buy mine through the powerbuy.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarren1 /forum/post/0

Will this take a 1080i input on HDMI?

I was looking at the HD-P70R1U / HD-P61R1U Rear Projection TV Set Owner's Manual that is on the JVC site, that Jason has a link to in his post:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=616068

On page 25 and 58 it mentions 480p on HDMI but only briefly mentions 1080i and 720p on page 56, but no mention of the input used.

Sure wish it had 1080P because it is the best looking case I have seen.
http://pro.jvc.com/pro/attributes/PR...v_led_1116.JPG

There have been several people that have hooked up a 1080i upconverting DVD player with great results. The JVC 1080p sets take in 1080i, then display is all at once.

I can't remember if they used HDMI or component, but usually when people buy an upconverting 720p/1080i DVD, it has DVI or HDMI and they want to use it!

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu5a5hi /forum/post/0

I am interested in the powerbuy and tried PM'ing Jason but haven't heard anything. Maybe I need to get in touch via another method. Anyone have any advice?

Be patient! Jason is going to be real busy shipping the 61" models for all of us who have already ordered. I NEED mine for Christmas!

Jason will probably contact you in a day or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.