Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 129 Old 11-19-2006, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagberg View Post

Sony KF-50XBR800, original lamp, still fine at 12,647 hours. That's about 10 hours/day since we got it.

12K+ hours. Now that is awesome!

Jim
N. California

Sony - KDF-60WF655
Cable Card
Motorola MOXI DVR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 129 Old 11-19-2006, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheneyp View Post

I bought a replacement bulb for my RCA DLP for $75. The lamp assy (as I recall) has a clip and a nut holding the bulb to the assy. The place I bought it had the same bulb (Philips 120W) as in my assy. I spoke with an RCA engineer and he said that as long as you wore cloth gloves while handling the bulb during installation (as to not smudge the lens), the whole job should take about 15 minutes. RCA bulb assys are in the $400 range on the web!

More importantly, the gloves keep the oils from your skin off the bulb. The oil will create hot spots when the bulb is running and cause premature failure.
post #123 of 129 Old 12-29-2006, 10:59 AM

I would really appreciate if somebody answer this for me:
Recently I bought a new bulb XL-2100 for my KF42WE610. My old one is still in use but I decided to buy a spare one just in case. Having bought it on Ebay I decided to check if the bulb is brand new as it was advertised. So I followed the instructions posted on this site and I entered Service Menu. I was shocked when I saw 964 hrs. Since I never checked my old lamp I then decided to check it as well. To my surprise the number was still unchanged and showed the same 964 hrs. How can it be? Should I have reset something in the menu before checking another lamp's hours?
Thanks.
post #124 of 129 Old 12-29-2006, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectStranger View Post

I would really appreciate if somebody answer this for me:
Recently I bought a new bulb XL-2100 for my KF42WE610. My old one is still in use but I decided to buy a spare one just in case. Having bought it on Ebay I decided to check if the bulb is brand new as it was advertised. So I followed the instructions posted on this site and I entered Service Menu. I was shocked when I saw 964 hrs. Since I never checked my old lamp I then decided to check it as well. To my surprise the number was still unchanged and showed the same 964 hrs. How can it be? Should I have reset something in the menu before checking another lamp's hours?
Thanks.

The lamp hours are stored in the TV not in the bulb so the number won't change when you change the bulb. Typically when you replace the bulb you reset the bulb hours setting back to zero.
post #125 of 129 Old 12-29-2006, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, that's just a timer for the bulb that should be reset to zero when you change the bulb. The bulbs don't have memory on them.

It's not just a hobby, it's an obsession...
post #126 of 129 Old 12-29-2006, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In the glorious open countryside of Eastern Ontario.
My first lamp lasted 2300 hours, started to require increases in the brightness starting at about 1500 hours. Finally died with a pop after becoming quite faint. There was pieces of glass in the bottom of the housing. Replaced under warrentee. Replacement was simple and easy.

My second lamp is doing better. It is approaching 2800 hours now, and has required no increases in brightness so far. As a matter of fact, I recently turned the brightness down, since I had originally set it in the summer when the light from the windows was brighter.

I keep a spare lamp on hand, which I recommend to everyone. Saves going into HD withdrawal waiting for a replacement.
post #127 of 129 Old 01-09-2007, 07:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Though it's probably time for a new thread (2007) here is a tidbit from Panasonic regarding a different approach to lamp replacement issues without going LED;

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/p...-need-to-be-c/

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #128 of 129 Old 03-15-2007, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgaac View Post

Quick update on my Jan '04 50v500, checked lamp hours night before last. 8888 hours on the original lamp.

It's been almost a year since my last update, still on the original lamp. 12587 hours right now. I finally got nervous enough about it to order a spare. Average lamp cost per day so far is just over 20 cents a day, not too shabby at all.
post #129 of 129 Old 12-06-2007, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard View Post

Mitsu 52525. Original lamp went out at 2400 hours, without warning. Turned on set and zero illumination.

Today I turn on set and get a text message to call the service phone # to order a replacement lamp but the picture is still working fine. Checked and this one has over 3800 hours on it.

I hope this trend continues.

However I'm still sceptical as to whether the set is actually smart enough to sense impending lamp failure but rather, just counting the hours. I tend to think it's the latter and that's why I didn't get such a message the first time.

FWIW. I did get my second replacement lamp after that post I'm quoting. This time though I kept my old lamp as it was still working. Figured it would serve as a nice back-up if I had another go w/o warning like the first.

So wouldn't you know it, back in August of this year, the little yellow light came on & I got the message on the screen during start up that the lamp was nearing the end and I should get a replacement. I checked the hours on it and sure enough it was right around 3900 hours. Again though the picture is fine and now I have a back up in my old lamp... so I'm going to ride it out and see when she fails, right?

Right!

Well here now into December & it's still truckin and I just past 5000 hours on it. Go figure? I still think the set is just counting time & laugh everytime it tells me the lamp has exceded it's expected life upon start-up.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page