Toshiba DLP inputs are bad?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-11-2006, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 52" Toshiba 52HM95 and I love the television overall, however, after only 2 months its all of a sudden grown an additude.

I've used my brand new PS2 on the component input with Psyclone cables without any problem for many nights. Suddenly one day, the signal is "scrambled" you can make out whats supposed to be in the screen but its mostly black and flickering. You can hear sound as well. I replaced the PS2, replaced the cables, tested the PS2 on a different tv with new cables, tested the Cable on a different TV and with a different PS2.. no problems. Obviously has to be the TV input right? well heres the thing that gets me... I can plug in my Xbox 360 component cables, or my DVR cables to either input and they work fine :confused:

So I have a working PS2, a working Component cable, and a working input, but they won't work together....

Also at the same time, I noticed none of the three A/V inputs work now, only sound, no video. Tried several different devices and only sound, same as the PS2 but totally black
Any clue whats up?? :confused:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. EVIL GN
I have a 52" Toshiba 52HM95 and I love the television overall, however, after only 2 months its all of a sudden grown an additude.

I've used my brand new PS2 on the component input with Psyclone cables without any problem for many nights. Suddenly one day, the signal is "scrambled" you can make out whats supposed to be in the screen but its mostly black and flickering. You can hear sound as well. I replaced the PS2, replaced the cables, tested the PS2 on a different tv with new cables, tested the Cable on a different TV and with a different PS2.. no problems. Obviously has to be the TV input right? well heres the thing that gets me... I can plug in my Xbox 360 component cables, or my DVR cables to either input and they work fine :confused:

So I have a working PS2, a working Component cable, and a working input, but they won't work together....

Also at the same time, I noticed none of the three A/V inputs work now, only sound, no video. Tried several different devices and only sound, same as the PS2 but totally black
Any clue whats up?? :confused:
Power cycle the TV (unplug) to reboot it and see if that clears the problem. You may also want to call Toshiba and see if they have a S/W update for this type of problem. The latest S/W for the 95/195 sets is 1.2.8.

Toshiba 62MX195 1080p DLP w/ Cablecard
Comcast Cable of New England
post #3 of 6 Old 01-12-2006, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magredc5
Power cycle the TV (unplug) to reboot it and see if that clears the problem. You may also want to call Toshiba and see if they have a S/W update for this type of problem. The latest S/W for the 95/195 sets is 1.2.8.
Holy moly! that actually worked! :)
I can't believe all that trouble and frustration was cured with a simple unplug and replug of the tv :eek:
Now the A/V plugs are working and my PS2 works on the Component input as well.
Any reason it just starts doing that outta nowhere?
post #4 of 6 Old 01-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Holy moly! that actually worked! :)
I can't believe all that trouble and frustration was cured with a simple unplug and replug of the tv :eek:
Now the A/V plugs are working and my PS2 works on the Component input as well.
Any reason it just starts doing that outta nowhere?
These TVs are like PCs and sometimes can get "confused". It's possible some glitch on the port caused it to get out of sync, or some other configuration in the TV changed that corrupted the port. See if it happens again, then call Toshiba to see if they have an s/w update.

Toshiba 62MX195 1080p DLP w/ Cablecard
Comcast Cable of New England
post #5 of 6 Old 01-12-2006, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

how would I update the software on the tv?
post #6 of 6 Old 01-13-2006, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
how would I update the software on the tv?
Toshiba sends updates via SD card and the readers that the TV's have are used to update the firmware.
Closed Thread Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page