Sony SXRD computer hook-up - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-09-2006, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I recently purchased a 60" SXRD and want to use it as a computer monitor. Does anybody out there know how to do this? I want to be able to keep using my current 17" LCD computer monitor, but will sometimes want to use my new SXRD. For those of you that have done this, how did you do it and where can I get the cable, maybe 30' or so? Do I need some kind of video card for my computer to allow for two screen connections? Can I get a VGA splitter to send to both screens? Just looking for ways to use both screens and I'm not real sure how to do it the best way. Thanks for any help anyone can give me :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-10-2006, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Nobody has ever hooked this up to a computer?
post #3 of 4 Old 02-11-2006, 01:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by da5176
Hey guys, I recently purchased a 60" SXRD and want to use it as a computer monitor. Does anybody out there know how to do this? I want to be able to keep using my current 17" LCD computer monitor, but will sometimes want to use my new SXRD. For those of you that have done this, how did you do it and where can I get the cable, maybe 30' or so? Do I need some kind of video card for my computer to allow for two screen connections? Can I get a VGA splitter to send to both screens? Just looking for ways to use both screens and I'm not real sure how to do it the best way. Thanks for any help anyone can give me :)
I can help you a little although in my case substitute a plasma for the SXRD. If you have a graphics card with DVI you can use a HDMI/DVI cable from the card to the TV. This way the VGA can continue to be hooked up to the monitor. But i don't know if the SXRD will work with DVI, maybe just VGA. In that case find a card that has 2 VGA's so that you can use both. The main thing is you need a graphics card that has 2 VGA or 1 VGA, 1 DVI. I have an ATI 9600XT with VGA and DVI.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-11-2006, 07:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
There's always a tacky a/b switch if you just have one vga out (like on a laptop). One vga cable goes from the pc to the a/b switch, then two cables come out from the a/b switch each to the lcd and sxrd. Then you just switch back and forth between which you want to use. The dual output video card may be an option.
Closed Thread Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page