Samsung 1080p Owner's Thread --- HLSxx87W/HLSxx88W DLP Models - Page 715 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #21421 of 21424 Old 01-08-2015, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Fire Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by juny View Post
So i just purchased the Amazon Fire Stick and tried to connect it ot my TV, but I just get a Display not supported message on the TV. I can successfully use the HDMI ports for my cable box, blu-ray player, xbox 360, but the amazon fire stick does not work. Anybody else able to get the Fire Stick to work with their tv?

Nothing wrong with the fire stick as it works on other tvs.
I was pre-ordered and received a Fire Stick as well. Mine is on another TV at the moment. I will move it to my DLP and circle back on this thread tonight.

K-Dawg

"People vote with their dollars!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21422 of 21424 Old 01-14-2015, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is it time for LCD?

I've really been itching to buy a new television the last few months. I bought my 5687 new in 07 and have had zero problems . 19,000 hours on my first bulb(although could have been replaced at about 17,000) and have probably 19000 on the current bulb. I've been looking at the samsung 6350, but don't want to be disappointed. What are you thoughts on making the change to LCD? Have you guys made the change and if so, what are your thoughts? I still feel like the 5687 has a great picture but hard to compare unless the LCD is in my House!
post #21423 of 21424 Old 01-14-2015, 08:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker104 View Post
I've really been itching to buy a new television the last few months. I bought my 5687 new in 07 and have had zero problems . 19,000 hours on my first bulb(although could have been replaced at about 17,000) and have probably 19000 on the current bulb. I've been looking at the samsung 6350, but don't want to be disappointed. What are you thoughts on making the change to LCD? Have you guys made the change and if so, what are your thoughts? I still feel like the 5687 has a great picture but hard to compare unless the LCD is in my House!

I made the change from a 6188 to p60 Vizio and am very happy. The blacks and contrast are leagues ahead of the DLP. The only thing you will need to get used to really is the motion. It is handled differently then with DLP, but really I haven't been bothered by it. You will most likely not be disappointed by any current TV as long as you stay away from entry level sets. Personally I am just waiting for OLED or another tech to get cheaper so I can upgrade.

Sent from nowhere
post #21424 of 21424 Old Today, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have an issue with my HLS5687wx/xaa. There is a flickering snow like effect that isn't evident all the time. All sources do this. still images appear to be the worst. Live TV such as news or sports look great. if you look closely you can catch the flickering in some spots of the screen but it is not constant. If I switch to Apple TV the flickering is horrible and constant, almost unwatchable. I will say that it seems to be worse on HDMI 2. Any kind of white text it is very evident. I have been searching for days and can't find an answer anywhere. The bulb is practically new, I just replaced the color wheel today, which I was told was the problem. The color wheel was definitely bad and needed replacing but the problem is exactly the same. I don't want to start replacing parts if they don't need to be. I hope this post isn't too long, i am just trying to give as much info as I can. The bulb and color wheel were both oem by the way. I really need your help!! It doesn't look like the strobe effect that some people have and the dots don't stay so it doesn't appear to be the white dot problem either. unless this is how it starts? Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Samsung , Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page