DON'T BUY 1080p TVs! - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2006, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
schticker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The AVS Echochamber
Posts: 2,588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk
B-B-BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Industry plant. Holy cow.

You know, if that WERE true, at least there would be a TRUE expert on the subject. Artwood and Auditor55 cannot have that, so it's strawman time.

The First Clarke Law states, 'If an elderly but distinguished scientist says that something is possible he is almost certainly right, but if he says that it is impossible he is very probably wrong.'
schticker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-02-2006, 10:41 AM
 
briankmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
its much easier to live ignorantly and call people plants from the distance then to add any real input to a discussion.
briankmonkey is offline  
Old 05-02-2006, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Artwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hoover, Alabama
Posts: 4,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 223
It's also much harder to suffer such discourse and try to sell TVs!
Artwood is offline  
Old 05-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Senior Member
 
paulbf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55
YEP!! He's either with Sony, Pioneer or Panasonic. Each company must be living in fear of SED hitting the market.
A term you are obviously not familiar with is "vaporware" and you don't have to be a plant to understand it. Technology is littered with stillborn devices that had great hype and never saw the light of day. Since, by your own admission, you have no connection to the industry, you have absolutely no idea what is feasible or not other than what you read online, and that verbiage is subject to the distortions of marketing BS. SED has been delayed once and there's no guarantee that is will ever be released, let alone at an affordable price. Additionally, you have no clue what the weaknesses are such as burn-in, reliability and degradation. I saw it at CES and it was impressive, but that was a very controlled scenario and until it's in production with an established track record, you are just blowing smoke, which seems to be the recurring theme of your (and Artwoods) posts.
paulbf1 is offline  
Old 05-02-2006, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Artwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hoover, Alabama
Posts: 4,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Just for the Record: I support Auditor55 because he really ticks some people off. It doesn't matter to me if what he says is true or not--there must be EITHER1) some validity to what he says that bothers people or2) it must CLASH with what the people that are ticked off are pushing.

That of course may not be true--he may just be full of it--but many times I've found that IS the case here.

As for Industry Plants--yes they DO exist! Since you can't PROVE the charge on any single individual that does not mean that the statement itself is not true.

The way I see it is this: If someone can, who is an Industry Plant, argue in favor of a company or a technology under the cover of being INNOCENTLY just their without other motives intent--surely one can blast a STRAWMAN who might be UNPROVABLE but never the less DOES EXIST under the cover of attacking that ANONYMOUS strawman with one's own similiarily honest opinion!

If anyone out there is not a plant they have nothing to fear because the shoe doesn't fit. If what Auditor55 or me or anyone else says has no foundation at all in fact it can be ignored and we or anyone else for that matter could be considered to be just crazy.

If attacking an ANONYMOUS Industry Plant Strawman has any validity then people can consider such a point and who knows--maybe they would incorporate it into their PURCHASE making decision process--just like someone might also incorporate an anonymous Industry Plant's points either pro or con into their decision making process.

The bottom line of all of this is money might be made or lost and sure--most people aren't swayed by ANY statements made about anything here at the forum--but let me ask everyone this--if points pro or con do not make ANY difference ever on human behavior then you tell me WHY billions each year are spent on advertising! Are those people spending that money stupid for doing so? Would the same people be stupid for trying to INFLUENCE the tone of the discussion here either for or against certain products, technologies, or companies?

I'll agree that SED may never make it--I don't have faith in it like Auditor55 does--but IF he wants to believe that and IF he wants to state it--Who cares? Industry Plants may care but anyonne who just diagreed with him WOULD NOT CARE! That's the whole point!

VAPORWARE does exist. The term VAPORWARE used as a perjorative to STIFLE people who advocate anything that MIGHT get someone NOT to buy whatever the Video Display Manufacturing Industry is currently offering ALSO EXISTS!

The title of this thread is Don't buy 1080p TVs! Whether ANYONE of us chooses to do that or not is certainly OK and a great thing and arguing about the value judgements of it at the present time is also a good thing.

Telling people to be silent ISN'T a good thing! It's OK to disagree with people. It's OK to put them on your ignore list. It's OK to think that they're crazy.

It isn't a good thing to not be able to handle people's opinions--no matter how untrue or how ridiculous they may be.

I personally think 1080p is a great thing and the faster it gets here the better and I HATE the Industry Plants that always say--don't buy it--buy what we're selling now!

Having said that I can certainly see the sense in NOT buying it now. Who knows--pretty soon--yours truely who always rails against Industry Plants who are against 1080p may actually buy a NON 1080p set himself!!!

If that happens it WONT be because I believed the Plants-- it would be because I would make the best value judgement I could given my circumstances.

In other words one could truely love and support 1080p and STILL make a value judgement that the best purchase decision for him personally would be a NON 1080p set. A person could buy a NON 1080p set--love it--and still be able to say it wasn't the greatest technology in the world-- that 1080p was and also still be able to see through the Industry Plants who are against 1080p and the Flat Panel LCD proponents who are FOR 1080p!

I hope I'm always able to say I made the best purchase decision possible for myself--I love the enjoyment it gives me--but still be honest enough to say WHATEVER is the BEST whether I would own it or not!

I also hope I would always be able to advocate FOR the Video Consumer and against the Video Marketers.

It's hard trying to be such a complex and near perfect person but I guess I'll just have to TRY! I guess that makes me a Plant in favor of myself! I'm ashamed! Will you all forgive me?
Artwood is offline  
Old 05-02-2006, 06:43 PM
PLB
Senior Member
 
PLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Auditor55 wrote:
Quote:
1080P , truthfully speaking is pretty much marketing hype, especially since no native 1080p content exist. I doubt if we will ever see the Superbowl broadcast in 1080p in our life time.
My first reaction is that given how high emotions are running on this thread, life times may indeed be so short that some won't see it.

I think there is a little confusion about the term 1080p broadcast.

Indeed broadcasting for high quality material may be on the way out altogether. VOD (Video On Demand) is narrowcasting. The distinction is that if the content comes to me specifically because I ordered it and paid for it, the content provider should be willing to provide whatever I am willing to pay for. In a broadcast environment the provider is much more constrainded by the tastes of the general market. Comcast already has higher bit rate material with its HD offering than it does with its SD offerings. Price discrimination for a premium service is good business.

Secondly, as everyone here understands, your 1080 TV set IS 1080p. The signal may be 1080i but the fixed pixel digital set must display the image progressively. Therefore the Super Bowl telecast can now be seen in 1080p because the TV deinterlaced it from a 1080i signal. The question then becomes will the public want their Super Bowl signal to be at a higher rate so it that it looks better on their screen? I think the answer to that question is clearly yes.

Finally there is the unspken assumption that we won't have the bandwidth available. Everyone should stay alert to FTTH (Fiber To The Home).

Think about the capacity of twisted pair (used for telephony) compared with coaxial cable (used for CATV) and optical fiber. Cat5 TP has less theoretical and practical capacity than coax. One coax cable can carry maybe ten times as much traffic as a length of TP. The exact difference hardly matters because in theory one single single-mode blue laser optical fiber can carry all the data, TV, radio, and phone traffic on earth simultaneously. We can't build that optical fiber system yet, but the point is fiber networks essentially eliminate conventional bandwidth limitations.

Just about all communications in the US travel over fiber except for the last mile. The copper is being pulled out in that last mile now. Fiber is being laid toward your house. When it gets there you will have at least 100Mbps connectivity. Thats more than double what's available from a Blu-Ray disc. With FTTH 1080p transmissions are easy.

This is not far off. Cinema DLP at 2X is roughly 1080p. A big advantage of digital projection is the ability of the theater to download the movie over an optical line. Any technology that is put in a commercial movie theater is soon mirrored in Home Theater.

Again I repeat my prediction, there will be full 1080p video transmissions this year probably first in medical imaging. Engineering and general business 1080p transmissions should come next year.

Pixar is on my side of the Bay. Skywalker Ranch is on the other side. I think they should be hooked up. What do you suppose they will want for the transmission rate?
PLB is offline  
Old 05-02-2006, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiomixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood
Just for the Record:

It's hard trying to be such a complex and near perfect person but I guess I'll just have to TRY!
I bet your fun at a party! :rolleyes:

Santa Claus has the right idea...visit people only once a year...Victor Borge
audiomixer is offline  
Old 05-02-2006, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ilka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kanata, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Auditor55? What is that? Does that mean SED will be out in 2055?
Ilka is offline  
Old 05-02-2006, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiomixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilka
Auditor55? What is that? Does that mean SED will be out in 2055?
Remember...NEVER LIVE AND ENJOY THE PRESENT! HEAVEN IS THE GOAL!!!
WHEN YOU"RE DEAD, THEN YOU REALLY GET TO ENJOY LIFE!!! ;)

Santa Claus has the right idea...visit people only once a year...Victor Borge
audiomixer is offline  
Old 05-02-2006, 07:20 PM
 
briankmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
"Just for the Record: I support Auditor55 because he really ticks some people off."

well that is noble reason to support somebody. :rolleyes:
briankmonkey is offline  
Old 05-02-2006, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gremmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood
it must CLASH with what the people that are ticked off are pushing.
I think MOST people here aren't pushing anything. We're just people with opinions, and sometimes our opinions differ. There's no big revelation there, I guess.

But as my mother used to say, it's not what you say, but how you say it. Whether or not Auditor is full of hot air is *not* the point -- the point is that he expresses himself in a way that makes average people angry.

He fails to demonstrate people skills. He makes a habit of expressing a dissenting viewpoint in a way that violates the political tenets of human kindness. Therefore, he makes people mad. The man could be claiming that the sky is blue or that people are made mostly of water, and he'd *still* make people mad.

It's not the message. It's the messenger.


Quote:
As for Industry Plants--yes they DO exist! Since you can't PROVE the charge on any single individual that does not mean that the statement itself is not true.
Just think of the enormous legal risk of paying someone to lie about your product or about the competition. And on the Internet, where every post is potentially traceable?

If Industry plants do exist, they are probably the benign sort, making claims of fact in support of their own product and not drawing too much attention to themselves. I doubt it's the people with multiple handles who like bashing certain products around the clock. You know, those guys running around saying things like "50% of SXRDs have a giant green glob". Making solid, concrete claims of fact to degrade the competition is more than just fluffing, and it is very dangerous from a legal standpoint. You'd never get this business strategy past the legal department.

Plus, I just don't think the legal risk would be worth the reward, considering that the vast majority of the TV buying market does not browse AVS Forum.
gremmy is offline  
Old 05-02-2006, 11:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
UxiSXRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,670
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomixer
Remember...NEVER LIVE AND ENJOY THE PRESENT! HEAVEN IS THE GOAL!!!
WHEN YOU"RE DEAD, THEN YOU REALLY GET TO ENJOY LIFE!!! ;)
:D

-- "No matter where you go, there you are."

SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/360/WiiU
Blu-ray bliss
SXRD Owner's Thread
PSN: Uxi

UxiSXRD is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 12:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Artwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hoover, Alabama
Posts: 4,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 223
What is harder to believe--that 1080p exists or that anyone here at the forum has ever told a lie about a product?

Predictions everyone: What year will the majority of posters at the forum change from Naysaying 1080p to advocating it?

My guess is September 2007 after most of next years models are out! Oh by the way there will be alot of 1080p models for sale then--it must just be coincidence!
Artwood is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 12:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
moonhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: La Madera, New Mexico
Posts: 3,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Most people on these forums believe in 1080P NOW.


Auditor 55 doesn't argue FOR anything...he argues AGAINST people, because he doesn't have a life or any friends.

Auditor 55 IS an INDUSTRY PLANT who is QUAKING IN HIS BOOTS that plasmas and LCDs will get so good and at such a low price that SED will never happen, because it won't be necessary.

If THAT happens, will we be any worse off without it?

______________________

__________

Dave

moonhawk is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
paulbf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood
Just for the Record: I support Auditor55 because he really ticks some people off...snip
Yeah, polemics are much more fun than posting anything substantive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood
As for Industry Plants--yes they DO exist! Since you can't PROVE the charge on any single individual that does not mean that the statement itself is not true.
didn't Woody Allen say "just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you". Or is it that anyone who disagrees with you is an obvious industry plant because you are the self-appointed keeper of the flame. Actually, you both seem to be quintessential trolls.
[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood
The way I see it is this: If someone can, who is an Industry Plant, argue in favor of a company or a technology under the cover of being INNOCENTLY just their without other motives intent--surely one can blast a STRAWMAN who might be UNPROVABLE but never the less DOES EXIST under the cover of attacking that ANONYMOUS strawman with one's own similiarily honest opinion!

If anyone out there is not a plant they have nothing to fear because the shoe doesn't fit. If what Auditor55 or me or anyone else says has no foundation at all in fact it can be ignored and we or anyone else for that matter could be considered to be just crazy.

If attacking an ANONYMOUS Industry Plant Strawman has any validity then people can consider such a point and who knows--maybe they would incorporate it into their PURCHASE making decision process--just like someone might also incorporate an anonymous Industry Plant's points either pro or con into their decision making process.

The bottom line of all of this is money might be made or lost and sure--most people aren't swayed by ANY statements made about anything here at the forum--but let me ask everyone this--if points pro or con do not make ANY difference ever on human behavior then you tell me WHY billions each year are spent on advertising! Are those people spending that money stupid for doing so? Would the same people be stupid for trying to INFLUENCE the tone of the discussion here either for or against certain products, technologies, or companies?
I'm shocked :rolleyes: Misinformation on the Internet. Somebody out to do something about this. Obviously, you are doing your best by making these threads so irritating that nobody reads them rather than letting people decide for themselves. Good job :p

[quote=Artwood]I'll agree that SED may never make it--I don't have faith in it like Auditor55 does--but IF he wants to believe that and IF he wants to state it--Who cares? Industry Plants may care but anyonne who just diagreed with him WOULD NOT CARE! That's the whole point![/Artwood]

So let me get this straight. Anybody who posts contrary to your convoluted understanding is an industry plant. Now I get it. Well, better an industry plant than a potted plant, which has as much useful information as most of your (and auditors) posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood
VAPORWARE does exist. The term VAPORWARE used as a perjorative to STIFLE people who advocate anything that MIGHT get someone NOT to buy whatever the Video Display Manufacturing Industry is currently offering ALSO EXISTS!
Actually, Vaporware is used to describe products that never see the light of day. Sometimes it's intentional, sometime not and all companies have it to some extent. Do it too often, and nobody will take your you product announcements seriously until there's actual mass production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood
The title of this thread is Don't buy 1080p TVs! .... snip
Just another thread in the series of those that you have lead into electronic food fights. That, my fine feathered friend, is a troll!
paulbf1 is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 04:07 PM
 
Auditor55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Silicon Valley, CA.
Posts: 8,795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbf1
A term you are obviously not familiar with is "vaporware" and you don't have to be a plant to understand it. Technology is littered with stillborn devices that had great hype and never saw the light of day. Since, by your own admission, you have no connection to the industry, you have absolutely no idea what is feasible or not other than what you read online, and that verbiage is subject to the distortions of marketing BS. SED has been delayed once and there's no guarantee that is will ever be released, let alone at an affordable price. Additionally, you have no clue what the weaknesses are such as burn-in, reliability and degradation. I saw it at CES and it was impressive, but that was a very controlled scenario and until it's in production with an established track record, you are just blowing smoke, which seems to be the recurring theme of your (and Artwoods) posts.
I'm very familiar with the term "Vaporware", its used rather loosley here in Forum like this. The word "vaporware", according to Webster's Dictionary is defined as:

"a new computer-related product that has been widely advertised but is not yet available"
In view of the above cited defintion of "vaporware" you must agree that it could apply to more than just SED. It could apply to the following products:


1) PS3 (widely advertised and overhyped, the primary reason that some are waiting to purchase 1080p TV's, however PS3 is still not available for purchase)

2) 1080P Plasma TV's (widely advertised, not available for purchase)

3) significant Native 1080p/60 software from the major film studios (25 disc does not count)

4) 70 inch SXRD sets featuring 1080p inputs

5) LED based DLP's.

6) TI's non-wobulated "true" 1080p chips.

7) Microsoft's Vista operating system (had through in something computer related since that is the genesis of the word "vaporware.)

I know some of you industry plants, with your so-called inside connections (what a freakin joke), don't want to see SED make to the market, you are living in fear, utter fear. And yes there is little doubt in my mind that the industry plants are here, no question it about it. They collectively ushered in the demise of CRT the venerable "king" of PQ and are now trying kill the future king, "SED" because they have nothing in the works that can compete with it.

I have an intense suspicions that Sony is the main company who have deployed its industry plants throughout forums like AVS. That decaying giant's last hope is riding on the SXRD and from my expirience and observation it is not looking good.
Auditor55 is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 04:09 PM
 
Auditor55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Silicon Valley, CA.
Posts: 8,795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood
Just for the Record: I support Auditor55 because he really ticks some people off. It doesn't matter to me if what he says is true or not--there must be EITHER1) some validity to what he says that bothers people or2) it must CLASH with what the people that are ticked off are pushing.

That of course may not be true--he may just be full of it--but many times I've found that IS the case here.

As for Industry Plants--yes they DO exist! Since you can't PROVE the charge on any single individual that does not mean that the statement itself is not true.

The way I see it is this: If someone can, who is an Industry Plant, argue in favor of a company or a technology under the cover of being INNOCENTLY just their without other motives intent--surely one can blast a STRAWMAN who might be UNPROVABLE but never the less DOES EXIST under the cover of attacking that ANONYMOUS strawman with one's own similiarily honest opinion!

If anyone out there is not a plant they have nothing to fear because the shoe doesn't fit. If what Auditor55 or me or anyone else says has no foundation at all in fact it can be ignored and we or anyone else for that matter could be considered to be just crazy.

If attacking an ANONYMOUS Industry Plant Strawman has any validity then people can consider such a point and who knows--maybe they would incorporate it into their PURCHASE making decision process--just like someone might also incorporate an anonymous Industry Plant's points either pro or con into their decision making process.

The bottom line of all of this is money might be made or lost and sure--most people aren't swayed by ANY statements made about anything here at the forum--but let me ask everyone this--if points pro or con do not make ANY difference ever on human behavior then you tell me WHY billions each year are spent on advertising! Are those people spending that money stupid for doing so? Would the same people be stupid for trying to INFLUENCE the tone of the discussion here either for or against certain products, technologies, or companies?

I'll agree that SED may never make it--I don't have faith in it like Auditor55 does--but IF he wants to believe that and IF he wants to state it--Who cares? Industry Plants may care but anyonne who just diagreed with him WOULD NOT CARE! That's the whole point!

VAPORWARE does exist. The term VAPORWARE used as a perjorative to STIFLE people who advocate anything that MIGHT get someone NOT to buy whatever the Video Display Manufacturing Industry is currently offering ALSO EXISTS!

The title of this thread is Don't buy 1080p TVs! Whether ANYONE of us chooses to do that or not is certainly OK and a great thing and arguing about the value judgements of it at the present time is also a good thing.

Telling people to be silent ISN'T a good thing! It's OK to disagree with people. It's OK to put them on your ignore list. It's OK to think that they're crazy.

It isn't a good thing to not be able to handle people's opinions--no matter how untrue or how ridiculous they may be.

I personally think 1080p is a great thing and the faster it gets here the better and I HATE the Industry Plants that always say--don't buy it--buy what we're selling now!

Having said that I can certainly see the sense in NOT buying it now. Who knows--pretty soon--yours truely who always rails against Industry Plants who are against 1080p may actually buy a NON 1080p set himself!!!

If that happens it WONT be because I believed the Plants-- it would be because I would make the best value judgement I could given my circumstances.

In other words one could truely love and support 1080p and STILL make a value judgement that the best purchase decision for him personally would be a NON 1080p set. A person could buy a NON 1080p set--love it--and still be able to say it wasn't the greatest technology in the world-- that 1080p was and also still be able to see through the Industry Plants who are against 1080p and the Flat Panel LCD proponents who are FOR 1080p!

I hope I'm always able to say I made the best purchase decision possible for myself--I love the enjoyment it gives me--but still be honest enough to say WHATEVER is the BEST whether I would own it or not!

I also hope I would always be able to advocate FOR the Video Consumer and against the Video Marketers.

It's hard trying to be such a complex and near perfect person but I guess I'll just have to TRY! I guess that makes me a Plant in favor of myself! I'm ashamed! Will you all forgive me?
Thanks Artwood, a most thoughtful and understanding post. One day we need to expose these industry plants once and for all, put them out of business :D
Auditor55 is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Member
 
ramsinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boise
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
MacBreak 1080P - downloads:
http://twitorrents.com/bm/library/8

Bummer, too bad I only have a 720P TV...
;(

Still looks great - but only native 1080 peeps can watch the shows in all the pixles.. :)
ramsinks is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 04:13 PM
 
Auditor55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Silicon Valley, CA.
Posts: 8,795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
"You'd never get this business strategy past the legal department."

Oh little do you know. I work at a global litigation law firm and that is how we stay in business :)
Auditor55 is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Senior Member
 
paulbf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55
"You'd never get this business strategy past the legal department."

Oh little do you know. I work at a global litigation law firm and that is how we stay in business :)
With over 4100 posts, you must not work very much :D
paulbf1 is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 04:28 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member
 
rlb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North Royalton, OH
Posts: 3,244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 121
After doing a quick read and catching up on this thread, I have only two comments:

For Auditor55: Since you are looking words up in the dictionary, look up "paranoia"; or better yet, just look in a mirror and see the definition.

For Artwood: You take yourself entirely too seriously. I hope you were drunk/high when you were writing that long, rambling post. Otherwise, you have a real problem.
rlb is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Artwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hoover, Alabama
Posts: 4,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 223
New people come and go at the forum. Various attempts have been tried to silence me. There have been the ignore list campaigns, the ridicule campaigns, and when all else else fails the uninitiated resort to the "Let's use a perjorative like "troll" campaigns.

I guess the thinking is that maybe I'll get so enraged that I might resort in a way to gurantee my ouster.

Why would I do that? I respect the people here who say bad things about me. I value their opinion. I value the people who love 1080p and the people who hate it and the opinions of people who love many different companies and technologies.

They all love a good picture. They all love TV just like me. How could I not love them?

To all those who read these words til the end of time: All you need is LOVE!

To all the current Industry Plants selling all kinds of things just go back and tell your bosses:

All we are saying---Is Give 1080p a chance!
Artwood is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gremmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
This has been one whacky thread, peeps. It reminds me of the glory days of the "Let's Argue" thread. At least in that thread, everyone was *joking*.

I wonder what bunch of ninnies complained about that thread and got it shut down... I mean, I realize the thread was off topic, but 4 pages of arguing with Auditor about his being a troll (disguised as a 1080p conversation) is hardly any more on topic than the "Let's Argue" thread was. At least in that thread everyone was honest about their intent.
gremmy is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Member
 
Jim Conforti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sandy, UT
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood
Just for the Record: I support Auditor55 because he really ticks some people off. It doesn't matter to me if what he says is true or not--there must be EITHER1) some validity to what he says that bothers people or2) it must CLASH with what the people that are ticked off are pushing.
Can we try option #3?

How about:

Is so far off in fantasy/conspiracy land that the "black CIA helos" are flying UNDER him.

Everyone who disagrees with him is an "Industry Plant". :rolleyes:

Except that unlike "Auditor55" or even "Artwood" you can GOOGLE "Jim Conforti"
and see what I am, and what I do - maybe even find a picture of me teaching
one of my seminars. Nothing to do with Canon, Sony, Pioneer, Panasonic,
Vizio, Westinghouse, nor any other CE manufacturer. Although because of WHAT
I do, I have customers and/or friends who work in many of the CE manufacturers.

I've also been on here since 2002 as a registered member, and long before then
as a "lurker" as I was watching HDTV in 2000 on an RCA MM36100 and DTC100.

Yet still, I've been called an "Industry Plant" by him.

All because a friend of mine who WORKS for CANON says that internal watercooler
scuttlebutt is that barring some miracle, SED is dead. Now personally, I don't
have a pony in that race. I won't be buying a SED screen either way. I will
however be buying MULTIPLE 1080p displays in the next 12 months. YMMV

Jim C.
Jim Conforti is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 11:51 PM
 
ChrisWiggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20,730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
unsubscribing.
ChrisWiggles is offline  
Old 05-03-2006, 11:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Artwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hoover, Alabama
Posts: 4,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 223
I wish I was a real person--maybe Google would offer me for sale!

Auditor55 is the Howard Cossell of the forum!

I feel your pain Jim Conforti. I'll pray for you. if you buy mutiple 1080p displays and post about them here you might get 1080p to rolling and then be hated by more people than Auditor55!
Artwood is offline  
Old 05-04-2006, 12:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
What's a forum without one or two threads like these every now and then?
Supermans is offline  
Old 05-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Senior Member
 
paulwozniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hamtramck MI
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Gremmy, good to hear from you about the "Let's Argue" thread. I miss the thread and the gang of looney tunes that gathered there. It gave me a reason to visit AVS. I enjoy helping people when I can, but I also needed the humor that thread provided me every morning. I'm sure the majority of the posters (imposters?) did also. GIVE US BACK OUR THREAD!l
paulwozniak is offline  
Old 05-04-2006, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
schticker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The AVS Echochamber
Posts: 2,588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood
It's also much harder to suffer such discourse and try to sell TVs!
Especially when the people that need the education the most here are the ones that don't listen! *coughArt/Auditorcough*

The First Clarke Law states, 'If an elderly but distinguished scientist says that something is possible he is almost certainly right, but if he says that it is impossible he is very probably wrong.'
schticker is offline  
Old 05-04-2006, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
schticker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The AVS Echochamber
Posts: 2,588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55
"You'd never get this business strategy past the legal department."

Oh little do you know. I work at a global litigation law firm and that is how we stay in business :)
Then you need to be fired. The list of things you posted that "don't exist", well, half of them do or OBVIOUSLY WILL exist within the next year or less.

I will not attack you personally of professionally, but one wonders if you AREN'T a troll, and really believe half of what you say, if your habit of producing poor information to the public extends to your workplace. Scary thought.

And Art, calling Jim "for sale" is fairly offensive. I realize you're upset that he actually is somebody important (see, being a real person isn't always good enough), so his name is on Google. One day when you achieve anything worthwhile, you may be there too!

The First Clarke Law states, 'If an elderly but distinguished scientist says that something is possible he is almost certainly right, but if he says that it is impossible he is very probably wrong.'
schticker is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off