2007 Mitsubishi WD-XX73X and XX831 Owner's Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 9416 Old 07-16-2006, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mike so the DVI PC set up is not a perfect 1x1 mapping for 1920 x 1080. How much overscan is there. I want to use my PC a lot with my TV . As well I have a lot of PC 1080P movies I want to watch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 9416 Old 07-16-2006, 11:02 AM

the tweeter website say the PIP is only with a external input. Is that true? I thought the 732 and the 831 had 2 tuner PIP?

any thoughts?
post #723 of 9416 Old 07-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundboy View Post

I have no problems with Game Lag what-so-ever on my 731. If you go to Best Buy and see the Samsung 61" next to the Mits 65" with both displaying the instore Best Buy HD feed, you will see the Mitsubishi is ahead of the new Samsung by a couple of milliseconds. The Best Buy associate even noticed it.

Also - When you see the black scenes in between clips and trailers on Best Buy's HD feed, you'll notice the Mitsubishi syncs up better and faster than Samsung and Sony. The Sony and Sammys are still black while the Mits is displaying the next clip (the Samsung had an onscreen message with something like "Weak Signal or No Video.") Both were connected via Antenna. You'll also notice Mitsubishi does a great job with blacks during these cut scenes while I noticed a few other sets were greyish or blue instead of black!

I'm seeing more and more green blobs on the Sony SXRD floor models. I'm glad I didn't put down my money for the Sony. Even the guys at Ultimate said Sony had to extend their warranty because of the aging LCoS problem. That's just what I was told. Don't shoot the messenger. I like the fact that the 65" 731 is still less width than the Sony 60" SXRD.

I'm stuck with the 731, because 732s aren't available until mid-August. I needed World Cup action last month, so I jumped the gun on the 731. Very pleased.

Thanks for the info! Any idea how the Mits sync up when compared to Samsung HL_S in GameMode? Do you have an Xbox 360 (outputting to 1080i) and any time sensitive games (such as fighting games, dancing games, sniping games, and some sport type games)?

My A2000 Settings for the S3 TiVo, PS3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo Wii.
My A2000 Lag Test & A2000 Lag Timing Estimations.
post #724 of 9416 Old 07-16-2006, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazzcode View Post

the tweeter website say the PIP is only with a external input. Is that true? I thought the 732 and the 831 had 2 tuner PIP?

any thoughts?

As with the xx731, you do have two inputs. You can only have one external tuner signal in one split and the other split must be, e.g., DTV, DVD, VCR with external input. You are not allowed to have ant #1 and ant #2 on at the same time.

This is not different then the last 3 generations of MITS.

I know that is the way it works for the Hitachi that I just bough. 1 on-air tuner and any other input, i.e., component, etc.
post #725 of 9416 Old 07-16-2006, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazzcode View Post

any thoughts?

As with the xx731, you do have two inputs. You can only have one external tuner signal in one split and the other split must be, e.g., DTV, DVD, VCR with external input. You are not allowed to have ant #1 and ant #2 on at the same time.

This is not different then the last 3 generations of MITS.

I know that is the way it works for the Hitachi that I just bough. 1 on-air tuner and any other input, i.e., component, etc.
post #726 of 9416 Old 07-16-2006, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMELVIN View Post

Mike so the DVI PC set up is not a perfect 1x1 mapping for 1920 x 1080. How much overscan is there. I want to use my PC a lot with my TV . As well I have a lot of PC 1080P movies I want to watch?

I think I read somewhere that the overscan is about 3%, that looks about right on my set up. I've been using the FORMAT button on the remote to "reduce" the screen which allows me to see the overscaned areas, this adds about a 1-2" border around the entire screen but I can live with that on a 65" screen.
The ATI drivers don't have an overscan option like Nvidia drivers do and I got tired of messing with Powerstrip.

On the 1x1 question, I haven't had a chance to do a real test. I have my HTPC set at 1920x1080 60Hz and the TV detects that as 1080p. It will give me some invalid input error message from time to time when using the PC, I haven't figured that one out yet.

Don't let this discourage you, I think this is par for the course. The JVC was a total pain using the DVI-HDMI cable. I had an extra 15" monitor down there for when I screwed something up in Powerstrip on the JVC.

Now that I have my replacement, I'll be more than happy to run some tests on this set. (After some XBox 360 time)

Any requests?
post #727 of 9416 Old 07-16-2006, 03:17 PM

Mike, regarding the PC connection between the PC and the computer I could use a regular digital DVI cable and use the DVI digital out from my computer via my Nvida 7800 video card and connect it to the DVI-I input on the TV. The connections for the DVI-I and the DVI-D are different??
post #728 of 9416 Old 07-16-2006, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMELVIN View Post

Mike, regarding the PC connection between the PC and the computer I could use a regular digital DVI cable and use the DVI digital out from my computer via my Nvida 7800 video card and connect it to the DVI-I input on the TV. The connections for the DVI-I and the DVI-D are different??

That's all I'm using. I picked up a standard 6' Phillips PC DVI cable from Wal Mart on clearance.
I used a standard DVI-HDMI cable on my JVC before this which is now on my Comcast HD DVR hooked up to HDMI port #2. Worked the first time so I didn't investigate further.
post #729 of 9416 Old 07-16-2006, 08:15 PM

Paid a quick visit to BB today and for the first time saw the 731 next to the XBR1 and JVC. The Mits really looked the best and brightest. Of course the Sony had about 1/3 of the screen covered in the dreaded green blob, which by the way really stands out when sitting right next to a brand new 731. When I asked one of the guys that worked there about it he said the lamp was about to go out on the Sony so it wasn't a fair comparison.
post #730 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I love this tv. We (at sears) have it displaying Dish HD feed of amazing quality, and compared to the Samsung 6187W, the darks are significantly darker.
its amazing.

What's your choice today?
Follow the Rules

post #731 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 01:33 PM
rsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludejtstyle View Post

I love this tv. We (at sears) have it displaying Dish HD feed of amazing quality, and compared to the Samsung 6187W, the darks are significantly darker.
its amazing.

The Sears here locally has a pretty impressive HD setup (Tucson Mall). I was expecting the same from the brand new huge Circuit City that opened up in town, something like 50 sets running simultaneously all in the entire corner of the store... walked in and every single one was running SD soap opera "All My Children" except for the single SXRD running the Sony demo disk and a Sammy running some BluRay demo... most retarded thing I've ever seen.

Anyway, Sears surprised me. Good setup and one guy that REALLY knew his stuff. The next time I went back the "head guy" that "wired Bill Gate's house" for him told me all about how last year Mitsu's have "the full 1080 signal, 1080x1080 resolution"... I wanted to laugh AND punch him in the face at the same time.

Best, Riyad
The Buzz Media
post #732 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzixter View Post

well....if you buy an Sony SXRD the odds are close to 100% that you will have sooner or later an ugly green stain smeared on the screen especially evident against white backgrounds.

wow... an excellent example of total rubbish from the Internet
post #733 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Walked out of Frys after negotiating for the 57731, matching stand, delivery and tax for thirty-six even.

I walked out of the Plano Frye's today with my first HDTV, a 65731. After negotiating with the salesman (Elton) for the better part of an hour I ended up getting it for 3049. It's scheduled for delivery next Tuesday and I'm wringing my hands in anticipation for what I consider to be the best TV I've ever seen. Thank all of you who made good, informative posts for helping me make the right choice.

btw.......I bought a 5 year service plan from Fryes for $429. Any pros or cons to paying extra for protection in case something goes wrong?
post #734 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuffy View Post

I walked out of the Plano Frye's today with my first HDTV, a 65731. After negotiating with the salesman (Elton) for the better part of an hour I ended up getting it for 3049. It's scheduled for delivery next Tuesday and I'm wringing my hands in anticipation for what I consider to be the best TV I've ever seen. Thank all of you who made good, informative posts for helping me make the right choice.

btw.......I bought a 5 year service plan from Fryes for $429. Any pros or cons to paying extra for protection in case something goes wrong?

Congratulations on your purchase. Sounds like a nice deal as well. I am a believer in extended warranties. I've had to use mine on my DVD player twice in the last two years. I plan on also getting one once I buy a TV. Be sure to tell us your impressions of the tV when you get a chance.
post #735 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 04:10 PM
rsk

Quote:

65731 plus 5 year warrenty out the door for a little over 3k? Good lord that's smokin'.

Did you go in wanting the 57 and get the 65 cause they had it, or did you know you wanted the 65?

Anyone know of BB, CC or Sears which one would have the 57 or 65 731s? I'd like to see them in person if I can locally.

Best, Riyad
The Buzz Media
post #736 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 04:15 PM

mrpuffy - I purchased a service plan for my 65731 also. I bought mine at BB. Two things swayed me this way. First the plan covers the replacement of one bulb. The bulbs at this time are rather expensive. So I figure the bulb will pay for at least half of the service plan. Second, the plan covers in home service. I was tyring to imagine lugging this TV somewhere to be repaired.

Normally I avoid service plans like the plague. I have no idea if it will be honored to my expectations if something goes wrong. Maybe someone else has knowledge of how well the service plans works if we actually need to use it (with Frye's or BB).

Having said all of that, I have a Mits crt projection TV that has seen heavy use for 9 years. It has been ultra reliable. A week ago it started to show a little banding and I decided to replace it rather than trying to get it repaired. My hope it that Mit still build highly reliable products.
post #737 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 04:19 PM

BB is carrying the 65731. Many stores are just getting there Demos set up.
post #738 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post

65731 plus 5 year warrenty out the door for a little over 3k? Good lord that's smokin'.

Did you go in wanting the 57 and get the 65 cause they had it, or did you know you wanted the 65?

Honestly, I wasn't sure what I wanted. After some intitial research it came down to a sammy or a mitsu based on the info I read here. It could have gone either way.

After spending a few hours in some HT boutiques, BB, and Fryes, I saw the Fryes salesman fire up a 65731 demo and I was astounded at how beautiful the picture was. I've never seen a video display with such vibrant color and detail. I had no idea such a thing existed.

Seeing that tv had the same effect as when I first met my wife; I was smitten.
post #739 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:

Seeing that tv had the same effect as when I first met my wife; I was smitten.

Be very careful about comparing your wife to a TV. If she ever found out!
Congratulations on your purchase.
post #740 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 05:48 PM

Quote:

Mine is being delivered tomorrow, 2PM. I also bought 4 year service deal from Ultimate Electronics that covers two bulbs (which I will use) and other bells and whistles. I'ld be interested in the settings you and other new owners of the 65" are using for best picture quality. I hear that the TVs are shipped with settings more appropriate for a lighted showroom than for a dim viewing area.

Congrats on your purchase...look forward to sharing tips.
post #741 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 06:34 PM

Quote:

Is that Plano, IL?? And if so, THEY HAVE A FRY'S???? I thought the only one was in Downer's Grove!!
post #742 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 06:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitterguy73 View Post

Is that Plano, IL?? And if so, THEY HAVE A FRY'S???? I thought the only one was in Downer's Grove!!

Texas.
post #743 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member

I am still thoroughly impressed with this TV. It makes the 6187w samsung look bad.

The 65731 we have setup next to the 6187w is a great comparision for anyone wanting a DLP.

Couple things I noticed betwwen the two:

The 6187w is brighter, but it makes the colors lighter.

The 65731 deals with action better. Meaning: (you can see I dont speak tech) the 6187w pixelates more around the edges of action and sharp color differences. We watch HDN alot (high=def news channel) and whenever the newslady turns her head, her hair pixelates and gets ugly.

The 65731 doesn't do that.

Right out of the box, never touched a setting, it has a little red "push" I guess, but it works, especially compared to the 6187w. It makes the flshtones look more realistic, whereas the 6187w looks more washed out.

But i never noticed that about the 6187w until the mitsa went up next to it. as a matter of fact, I thought it looked almost perfect.

just thought I'd share

Follow the Rules

post #744 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 11:11 PM

Liked: 15
I am getting the same one or a 32..
How much out the door...
Warrenty?
post #745 of 9416 Old 07-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Advanced Member

we dont speak pricing on this site. The rules are stickied on every page if you have a question about them.

Follow the Rules

post #746 of 9416 Old 07-18-2006, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenguru View Post

I am getting the same one or a 32..
How much out the door...
Warrenty?

We speak about pricing....post or send me an email.
post #747 of 9416 Old 07-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Advanced Member

^^Good point. we dont speak about pricing publicly. i'm tired.

Follow the Rules

post #748 of 9416 Old 07-18-2006, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Don't know if this was posted yet so sorry if it was:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060718/dctu012.html?.v=66
post #749 of 9416 Old 07-18-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcrkr View Post

Thanks, that's good to know. Now if CC would only offer at least the 732 series.
post #750 of 9416 Old 07-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcrkr View Post

That's good news, the competition with Best Buy and HHgregg should drive prices down. I wonder if they will carry the 732 an 831 series?
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page