Like most generalizations, these are largely incorrect or immaterial.
1. There is nothing incorrect, generalized or immaterial about my statement, since it applies to well over 95% of the current TV's,
2. It's common knowledge of the 2x increased power consumption of Flat Panel TV's especially Plasmas. Apparently, you haven't been to CNet or Crutchfield and looked through their power consumption figures. Using your electric bill as an example proves nothing since that set is only one device affects that figure,
3. Considering the premium cost of Pioneer (what, twice the price of RP?), one would expect it to look better,
4. The Mits does have direct input access. The 2 RF inputs are next to one another, requiring only a second button push,
5. PIP or POP (Picture Outside Picture) has slowly dissappeared. Admittly, I perfer PIP of the two.
The Kuro has a TVGOS, as did my Panny 600, and 2 RF inputs is of no benefit to most.
That is two models. Because most Americans are lazy, not wanting to bother with a outdoor antenna, and want instant results and everything handed to them on a sliver platter (eg. CATV or Satellite STB's), it's their loss if they aren't using the 2nd RF input.