Don't dump your CRT RPTV! - Page 433 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #12961 of 12967 Old 04-16-2015, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnbough View Post
You could just use your 65813's DVI input with the lumagen's DVI output. This will be for video only so all of you source units will still need to send their audio signals through your receiver for audio to work. The lumagens and your 813s DVI ports all carry the HDCP needed to work with blu-ray and video streamers. You just need an optical or digital coaxial output on your source units to hookup to your receiver. Lots of wiring going to 2 different units should work fine though. My 1080p Amazon fire TV works fine with my DVDO edge sending 1080i over the DVI to my WS-65813.

Unless you want to keep it all on component then you'll need one of the HDFury products.
Thanks, I will try that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12962 of 12967 Old 04-16-2015, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post

Thanks, I will try that.

Good luck. Hope everything works as well for you as it has for me.

If you need cables order from monoprice.com I've ordered, DVI, HDMI and toslink optical audio cables among other things great quality, prices and not a single wiring problem for me in last 3 years.
post #12963 of 12967 Old 04-16-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Thanks, I will try that.

After reading a lot more up on the vision HDP you'll need to make sure you have the latest firmware update on it. It probably has it since it was back in '08 but it needs to be there so it will accept 1080@24, 1080@25 and 1080@30 as an input resolution ( native blu-ray red and all 1080p streaming boxes). Good luck, let us know how it turns out
post #12964 of 12967 Old Today, 09:02 AM

Quote:

If you need cables order from monoprice.com I've ordered, DVI, HDMI and toslink optical audio cables among other things great quality, prices and not a single wiring problem for me in last 3 years.
I think I have enough cables, and I also have purchased from Monoprice with good results. My concern is with my Roku 2xs having composite audio out.
I just connected the HDP to the tv and all I get is a blue screen?
post #12965 of 12967 Old Today, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I think I have enough cables, and I also have purchased from Monoprice with good results. My concern is with my Roku 2xs having composite audio out.
I just connected the HDP to the tv and all I get is a blue screen?

Do you know what the previous output resolution was on the HDP? It may be as simple as its sending a 720p or 1080p signal and the TV won't do anything with either of them.
post #12966 of 12967 Old Today, 11:07 AM

Ok, I called Lumagen and got to the menu and was able to setup my blueray player but the Roku which shows their menu system but when a bookmark is selected all I get is a purple screen. I don't think Roku will work off dvi?
post #12967 of 12967 Unread Today, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Ok, I called Lumagen and got to the menu and was able to setup my blueray player but the Roku which shows their menu system but when a bookmark is selected all I get is a purple screen. I don't think Roku will work off dvi?
Is there an option to turn HDCP on and off or auto? My DVDO edge does not sure about the HDP though. Check, if it does make sure its on. The roku may think your trying to view HDCP protected content on a non HDCP device if its off.

Looking at it further on the audio side it looks like your only going to get left right stereo out of the roku if its not over the HDMI. You may need to leave the roku hooked directly to the receiver via HDMI so you get your surround sound and run the HDMI output from your receiver to the HDP via DVI since you won't need sound anymore. Its extra processing so you wouldn't want to do it that way unless you have to. Once you get everything functioning through the HDP you'll also be able to eliminate most if not all overscan from all your sources going through the HDP.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
convergence , Panasonic Tc P65v10 65 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite , pioneer sd-p5181-k , Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P65v10 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page