Don't dump your CRT RPTV! - Page 445 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 57Likes

post #13321 of 13325 Old 09-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 28
craigslist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13322 of 13325 Old 09-05-2016, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1265 Post(s)
Liked: 593
It was hilarious to watch the Republic truck pick up the TV. One guy, a lift on the truck, but when he pulls up looks at the size of TV and then realizes the truck which is used both for appliance pickup and delivering replacement trash, recycle and vegetation bins is packed full of those so had to move and bunch those up. Possible that the TV when he took it back to headquarters might have had a worker ask if it worked and take it home though that might be against company rules.
post #13323 of 13325 Old 09-15-2016, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob View Post
I have been given the chance to get a first gen - lots better than the second gen - LG 50" OLED for $1000, fully calibrated (by me of course...). Original price on this puppy was $15,000 before calibration.

Obviously this is a chance I won't pass up.

As such I now have to give serious thought as to what to do with my 73" Mit, fully calibrated, color decoder corrected, shimmed for overscan reduction, and cosmetically flawless. It has very little wear on the guns as I usually keep the contrast down at 21 out of the possible 63, it has no screenburn whatsoever, I still watch it every day and it occasionally hosts over a dozen people in this living room, enjoying it and being spirited away by its immersiveness. This is the one several people have called my "own private IMAX", as I view it from 9' away at all times, very comfortably. The immersion factor is absolutely stellar.

Any ideas? I would like someone to have it who respects the CRT medium the way we here do, and knows its true value to the viewer. All along I have said that the only format better than CRT for the blacks has been OLED, and that's still true. And still very expensive for the average viewer. I just got incredibly lucky on this OLED falling into my lap.

Let me know who wants it, we'll work out the particulars -
Did anyone take you up on this?

My only question is - why don't you just keep it? You mentioned earlier you had a 42 inch Plasma in your bedroom. What's another 8 diagonal inches? Just get rid of the Plasma and get the OLED and put it in your room. That way you get to keep your 9-inch tube (pretty ) monster and your deep, blacker than the night, OLED. Win-win!
post #13324 of 13325 Old 09-24-2016, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Bob: You do realize that you can get a 2015 55 inch for under $1500 new from Amazon, with warranty.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ywords=LG+OLED

And for a thousand more, a 4k version.
post #13325 of 13325 Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My Pioneer 530-Hdi seems to have died last night. Was working great, no trouble but all of a sudden it won't turn on. The red stand-bye power light is on but when I hit the power nothing. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
convergence , Panasonic Tc P65v10 65 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite , pioneer sd-p5181-k , Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page