Hitachi F59 series Service Menu Codes are here! - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 09-12-2006, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the advice. I adjusted the overscan, foundout you can't go much beyond 5% anyways, but that threw off the convergence so it took me over an hour to go through all the point over and over using DCAM, what a pain. Afterwards, I did write to ROM and hopefully saved it. Is there a way to ensure this setting is memorized in case someone hits the magic focus button. Will it return to pre-DCAM or magic focus to what I have saved? This TV turned out to be hobby centric like overclocking a computer. Better not mess with it too much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 11-08-2006, 07:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bailey View Post

Here it is:

Press and hold the MENU key on the TV control panel, then press the REMOTE CONTROL'S MENU+8+SELECT buttons.

To EXIT Adjustment mode, press the INPUT key on control panel, or the EXIT key on the remote.

DCAM Mode:

On the REMOTE Control:

Hold down the TV key
Press the MENU key
Press the INFO key
Release the TV key

REMOTE CONTROL KEY FUNCTIONS WHEN IN DCAM MODE

INPUTS - Blue (13x9 adjust)
ASPECT - ROM Write
DAY/NIGHT - ROM Read
MENU - Remove Color
EXIT - Cross Hatch/Video Mode
INFO - Green
GUIDE - Calculation
2 - Cursor UP
5 - Cursor DOWN
6 - Cursor RIGHT
4 - Cursor LEFT
0 - RED (7x5 Adjust)
STOP KEY - Initialize
PLAY KEY - Raster Position
FAST FORWARD KEY - Phase

To get out of DCAM Mode:
Hold TV Key
Press 0 Key
Press 1 Key
Release TV Key

Use at your own risk. Always write down settings before making any changes!

Did you find the RGB/gains RGB/bias or RGB/drives and RGB/cuts? Essential for using colofacts to adjust the grayscale to D65k.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 35 Old 01-14-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoomani View Post

Thanks for the advice. I adjusted the overscan, foundout you can't go much beyond 5% anyways, but that threw off the convergence so it took me over an hour to go through all the point over and over using DCAM, what a pain. Afterwards, I did write to ROM and hopefully saved it. Is there a way to ensure this setting is memorized in case someone hits the magic focus button. Will it return to pre-DCAM or magic focus to what I have saved? This TV turned out to be hobby centric like overclocking a computer. Better not mess with it too much

my set has been great out of the box. the 117 pt looks spot on with no adjutments needed. for 2 months.

the one thing that is noticeably off though is the overscan. im constantly looking at broadcast images that have both sides with titles and lettering off the screen

i understand how to adjust the overscan but just want to confirm i should set aside a couple hours to do this since what i seem to be reading in various threads is that this will ruin my perfect convergence? and i'll need to realign the image aftwards?

Thanks for all the great info. in this forum!
post #34 of 35 Old 01-15-2007, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magickal View Post

my set has been great out of the box. the 117 pt looks spot on with no adjutments needed. for 2 months.

the one thing that is noticeably off though is the overscan. im constantly looking at broadcast images that have both sides with titles and lettering off the screen

i understand how to adjust the overscan but just want to confirm i should set aside a couple hours to do this since what i seem to be reading in various threads is that this will ruin my perfect convergence? and i'll need to realign the image aftwards?

Thanks for all the great info. in this forum!

Since you know what you're doing, I'm just gonna give you this tip: After you adjust the overscan, rewrite the Magic Focus BEFORE doing a DCAM adjustment. If it successfully writes, your golden to perform the DCAM (and a subsequent Magic Focus rewrite). But if you've adjusted too far for your television (I did at 4.5 percent) and are gonna get a Buffer Overflow error when rewriting the Magic Focus, you wanna know this BEFORE you fry your eyes out adjusting the DCAM. Nothing worse than getting DCAM perfect and THEN finding out you can't write the Magic Focus because you've overscanned too much for your set (and there's no set percent for where you can go. All sets appear to be different.)
post #35 of 35 Old 01-16-2007, 10:26 AM

New 51f59 owner here with a question: When I run the 117 pt. convergence, the lines are razor sharp in the screen's center, but gradually become more blurry toward the screen edges. They are pure white, but less focused. Is this normal in a RPTV? The red and blue lines, when attempting to adjust the convergence, are equally blurry, as is the cursor. Any insight would be appreciated.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page