Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 35 Old 07-13-2006, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Here it is:

Press and hold the MENU key on the TV control panel, then press the REMOTE CONTROL'S MENU+8+SELECT buttons.

To EXIT Adjustment mode, press the INPUT key on control panel, or the EXIT key on the remote.

DCAM Mode:

On the REMOTE Control:

Hold down the TV key
Press the MENU key
Press the INFO key
Release the TV key

REMOTE CONTROL KEY FUNCTIONS WHEN IN DCAM MODE

INPUTS - Blue (13x9 adjust)
ASPECT - ROM Write
DAY/NIGHT - ROM Read
MENU - Remove Color
EXIT - Cross Hatch/Video Mode
INFO - Green
GUIDE - Calculation
2 - Cursor UP
5 - Cursor DOWN
6 - Cursor RIGHT
4 - Cursor LEFT
0 - RED (7x5 Adjust)
STOP KEY - Initialize
PLAY KEY - Raster Position
FAST FORWARD KEY - Phase

To get out of DCAM Mode:
Hold TV Key
Press 0 Key
Press 1 Key
Release TV Key

Use at your own risk. Always write down settings before making any changes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 07-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I done told you in PM the remote refused to go into DCAM mode for me, unless there is a specific mode you are supposed to be in when inputting DCAM code
post #3 of 35 Old 07-14-2006, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballz2TheWallz View Post

I done told you in PM the remote refused to go into DCAM mode for me, unless there is a specific mode you are supposed to be in when inputting DCAM code

Yeah, I know. Try Holding down the TV key, then just pressing the MENU, then INFO, then release the TV key. Let us know what you find out.

post #4 of 35 Old 07-14-2006, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bailey View Post

Yeah, I know. Try Holding down the TV key, then just pressing the MENU, then INFO, then release the TV key. Let us know what you find out.

That did something, disabled features(couldnt use aspect) but still is anything supposed to happen on screen? I still don't get how I'm supposed to be able to use my own convergence pattern

* it did not disable Day/Night, info, all it did was make aspect unusable until exiting the mode
post #5 of 35 Old 07-14-2006, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You don't need to use your own convergence pattern, use the ones built into the set.

post #6 of 35 Old 07-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

It still does not work like it says it does in hitachi grid, example when in DCAM mode "inputs" will not select blue, nor INFO green, on hitachis 117point pattern
post #7 of 35 Old 07-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Never mind, I found how to use your own grid
post #8 of 35 Old 07-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Magic focus doesn't work, when I go to use it I get 9point convergence and when i hit exit giant green letters are my options
[1]DONE
[2]CANCEL

ect....

When I did dcam(vast improvments btw)I tried pressing stop to intilize magic focus, obviously didn't work

Edit: Lee you may want to add how to initialize magic focus to your post

After you finish writeing your new settings to rom do the following

Press ASPECT
- "WRITE ROM?" should appear
Press the STOP button on the bottom of the remote
-Magic focus will initialize
When its finished green dots will appear
Press mute, they will go away, turn the TV off by using the to get out of DCAM code

To get out of DCAM Mode:
Hold TV Key
Press 0 Key
Press 1 Key
Release TV Key

Turn tv on and everything is right
post #9 of 35 Old 07-14-2006, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm not planning on writing the service manual here online. I'm just giving the information on how to get into the service menus.

post #10 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 11:38 AM

Has anyone been able to change settings in the ISF mode submenu of the service menu? When I drill down into ISF mode from the service menu, it doesn't show values for the various settings or let me alter them. Has anyone tried this?
post #11 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You're right. It doesn't let you adjust anything in the ISF menu. Use the TA1360 menus instead.

post #12 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

this tv does not have a "ISF MENU" it has "ISF MODE", the TA1360 is this tv's equivelent to ISF menu
post #13 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballz2TheWallz View Post

this tv does not have a "ISF MENU" it has "ISF MODE", the TA1360 is this tv's equivelent to ISF menu

But the items in the ISF MODE are NOT adjustable, and there is no direct equivalent in the TA1360 menu.

post #14 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

But the items in the ISF MODE are NOT adjustable, and there is no direct equivalent in the TA1360 menu.

TA1360 menu has all the tweaks I've seen in hitachi threads that say are in the ISF menu, atleast everything I've done

I've adjusted the following

APRTR-3(Renamed to APRTR-NTSC on the F59)
APRTR-G (Renamed to APRTR-SDTV)
APRTR-I(Renamed to APRTR-HDTV)
COLORGO
SRTGA-0
STATG10
STATG20

Only thing is, in the TA1360 menu all these parameters have the last letter/number cut off, weird but its not really an issue.
post #15 of 35 Old 07-27-2006, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Just an FYI for those doing DCAM convergence. To utilize the 7x5 adjust (which you should do 1st to avoid S curves) you need to select "0" on the remote 5 times. To utilize 13x9 adjust you need to select "input" on the remote 5 times.

After adjusting overscan I re-did convergence (geomtry was fine) with DCAM. Using DCAM is much easier than the regular 117 point convergence. Plus by getting as close to perfect as possible with the 7x5 "course" adjustment you stress the convergence controls less (STK chip?) resulting in a more stable convergence.

My set's convergence is nearly spot on now after turning the set on, and it takes only a short warm up for perfection across the screen out to the edges. Previously convergence was only OK at start up, and I couldn't get it perfect at the edges.

Steve
post #16 of 35 Old 07-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
i got into the service menu but i could not get into dcam and could not find it, my only issues are convergence and overscan...
post #17 of 35 Old 07-28-2006, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

You must follow the procedure in the 1st post to set the remote to function in DCAM. That's the 1st step. The 2nd is to depress the blue service only button located on a circuit board covered by a removable piece of wood behind the speaker grill. See this post by Ballz on another forum for specifics & photos of what you're looking for:

http://www.hdtvoice.com/voice/showthread.php?t=26531

Steve
post #18 of 35 Old 07-28-2006, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj2 View Post

You must follow the procedure in the 1st post to set the remote to function in DCAM. That's the 1st step. The 2nd is to depress the blue service only button located on a circuit board covered by a removable piece of wood behind the speaker grill. See this post by Ballz on another forum for specifics & photos of what you're looking for:

http://www.hdtvoice.com/voice/showthread.php?t=26531

On the F59 models, it's the board on your right from the front of the TV. The button is located on the left front of that board.

post #19 of 35 Old 07-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

I would really like to play around with this, if i screwed something up would i be able to hit factory reset and everything be allright again? thanks guys.
post #20 of 35 Old 07-30-2006, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baedrik View Post

Thanks for info on the TA1360 menu. Has anyone been able to find the color decoder parameters? I guess on older models they were called:

RY-PH-4 Phase (Hue)
RY-PH-F Phase (Hue)
RY-PH-G Phase (Hue)
R/B-GA4 Gain (Saturation)
R/B-GAF Gain (Saturation)
R/B-GAG Gain (Saturation)
GY-PH-4 Phase (Hue)
GY-PH-F Phase (Hue)
GY-PH-G Phase (Hue)
G/B-GA4 Gain (Saturation)
G/B-GAF Gain (Saturation)
G/B-GAG Gain (Saturation)

but I haven't seen them in any of the submenus. Using the TA1360 menu I was finally able to change the RGBOUT parameters so I can use the Avia/DVE color/tint patterns (I lost the color filters a long time ago). But after making the adjustments to color/tint, red push has become noticable. Thanks in advance.

Set COLORG in the TA1360 menu to 01 and see how your red push looks.

post #21 of 35 Old 07-30-2006, 10:36 AM

Thanks Lee.

I think I have found the color decoder parameters anyway so I will play with those a bit, but I will try your suggestion if these parameters turn out to not be the right ones.
post #22 of 35 Old 08-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

can anyone help me out w/post 19 above? thank you................
post #23 of 35 Old 08-04-2006, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaidonjin View Post

I would really like to play around with this, if i screwed something up would i be able to hit factory reset and everything be allright again? thanks guys.

If you're going to change any settings, then you MUST write them down first! Then you can usually go change them back. As for convergence, stay with the 117pt version in the user menus until you get the hang of it.

post #24 of 35 Old 08-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

o.k i will do that, thanks lee.
post #25 of 35 Old 08-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Advanced Member

well, I worked up the nerve to do a dcam convergence and everyting was going good i was able to converge the red and blue real tight on white and when i wrote to rom it did all that but then after the green dots and i pushed the mute button it showed the grid again and the convergence was way off, am i missing something, also the procedure to get out of dcam mode did not turn off my tv. i dont know where i screwed up, i dont see why they(hitachi) would not make the 117 point convergence more like th dcam it would be alot easier to align, sorry to ramble.........
post #26 of 35 Old 09-06-2006, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

One more adjustment I have turned down is SRTGA (Super Real Transient Gain), looks like a form of velocity modulation. I adjusted from the default of 10 to 0. Seems to look better to me.

The parameter is in the TA1360 menus.

post #27 of 35 Old 09-07-2006, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

One more adjustment I have turned down is SRTGA (Super Real Transient Gain), looks like a form of velocity modulation. I adjusted from the default of 10 to 0. Seems to look better to me.

The parameter is in the TA1360 menus.

Lee, can you elaborate a bit as to how it looks better? I'd like to give it a try, but want to know what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Steve
post #28 of 35 Old 09-07-2006, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Less edge enhancement.

post #29 of 35 Old 09-12-2006, 01:20 PM

Rookie here. I appreciate all the tips and comments. It has been very helpful. I have a few more questions that I am hoping a veteran can answer for me.

1. I am wanting to adjust overscan, but can't seem to figure that out by just using the DCAM controls, or is there a way to adjust this through the service menu?

2. Is there a way to adjust the image squeeze? By that I mean, as I look at a grid displayed on the screen, the display seems to squeeze or shrink slightly going from left to right. The creen image on the right side seems to narrow almost 1/4" Not very noticeable when not using a grid but is getting annoying. There must be a way to adjust this in the service menu is there not?

thanks.
post #30 of 35 Old 09-12-2006, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

DCAM is not used for overscan, it's for convergence. There are 2 things you need to adjust for overscan.

1. Trim pots on TV circuit board for horizontal and vertical size.
2. Service Menu adjustments for horizontal and vertical position.

Use a calibration DVD such as Avia or Digital Video Essentials to provide a test pattern for adjusting the overscan.

I have mine set for around 5 percent all around.

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page