2007 Mitsubishi 57” and 65” 831 Owner's Thread [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 549 Old 03-28-2012, 11:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Already posted in a separate thread;'
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1401687

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 549 Old 03-29-2012, 09:03 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebo51 View Post

I'm posting this in a few different threads since they are all pretty old. In the service menu looking at the Overscan alignment, I can only see yellow and cyan completely. Green I can barely see on the sides and not top/bottom and I can't see white or red at all. How do I fix this? It seems I need to shrink my screen some how.

Thanks

Edit: Just wanted to post back so anyone else that runs into this, I have learned you wont see all lines.

Overscan in rear projection systems is not adjustable because it is not electrical. The reflection off the mirror in the back to the back of the screen is oversized BY DESIGN because no mass production can make a projeciton system with perfect placement. This means the reflection exceeds the size of the screen but that area is on the back of the screen. Usually it is in the 5% - 7% amount, but it will varies by each unit. In fact if your turn off geometery correction you have 1-to-1 pixel already, it is just some of the pixels are on the cabinet edge in the inside of the TV.
post #543 of 549 Old 04-01-2012, 06:03 AM

Liked: 10
Yeah I saw this as well and tried to figure out what the dealer cost would be for a new unit. I could not figure out the small window for lamp replacement? My set has started to reset, go black and green light flashing and then turn on again (65831). Is the capacitor problem they refer to?
post #544 of 549 Old 10-07-2013, 06:40 AM

Resurrection time.  Just bought a used 65831.  I was told the lamp is relatively new (~6 months old).

The picture doesn't seem super bright and also has what people seem to call "halo effects".  My friend and I took out the guts and didn't see any film on the lens or color wheel.  We also broke the color wheel so we are about to order another one.

I'd like to get the picture looking great.  Any help?

Thanks in advance if you guys are still out there.

-Chris

post #545 of 549 Old 10-07-2013, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Sorry to hear you're having to replace the color wheel...

The "film" on the lens isn't very noticeable but it makes a big difference in the image quality. I thought it was minimal the first time I cleaned mine and was pleasantly surprised after the procedure.
If you follow the procedure for cleaning the lens the halo will probably go away.
parisicc likes this.
post #546 of 549 Old 10-07-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Thomas View Post

Sorry to hear you're having to replace the color wheel...

The "film" on the lens isn't very noticeable but it makes a big difference in the image quality. I thought it was minimal the first time I cleaned mine and was pleasantly surprised after the procedure.
If you follow the procedure for cleaning the lens the halo will probably go away.

thanks for the quick reply.  is there a procedure online somewhere specific to my tv?  the video we saw on youtube...(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssmnjX8QU8A)...wasn't exactly how mine looked.

Maybe this one is similar...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkSVBHtCA3w...its for a 531 instead of an 831 like mine.

Any other advice?

post #547 of 549 Old 10-07-2013, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Here is a link to the cleaning procedure for your model
Mitsubishi 2007 (and possibility '06 & '08) lens cleaning procedure. No more halo's.
I have a 57831 and these steps worked great for me.
parisicc likes this.
post #548 of 549 Old 10-14-2013, 05:39 AM

ok, got a new color wheel installed, also saw that the inner part of the light engine lens DID have some stuff on it and i cleaned it up.

it seems better, even in the menu screen, though i haven't had a chance to run a real signal through it yet.

a couple more questions:

1) inside the light engine, there is that swiveling hook-shaped piece.  i think i was asleep when i was working on the tv and was attempting to put the lens assembly in backwards...as such, that piece was in the way so i removed it, assuming it didn't have a major function.  any idea what that does?

2) after buttoning everything back up, it seems that my tv is whining.  some kind of high pitched sound from the back side.  i did a quick search and read that some people thought their ballast made that sound and that there were some fixes (shielding the leads?).  any idea?

thanks again,

chris

post #549 of 549 Old 11-18-2013, 12:03 PM

update:  finally got around to taking the light engine out again today.  did a lot of taping and shielding with electrical tape and aluminum tape.  the whine seemed better at first but i think it's the same.  however, i noticed something REALLY interesting.  when the screen is dark (full of color?) the whine is loud.  when the screen is white, the whine is either non-existent or minimal.

thoughts?  any help is appreciated.

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page