2007 Mitsubishi 57” and 65” 831 Owner's Thread [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 549 Old 08-18-2006, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Excuse me Ruin didn't know we couldnt ask questions in your forum, you kinow how us wannabes are.

I think this is the place to get questions answered thats what forums are for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 549 Old 08-18-2006, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettebob View Post

Excuse me Ruin didn't know we couldnt ask questions in your forum, you kinow how us wannabes are.

I think this is the place to get questions answered thats what forums are for.

if you got sony questions.....there are plenty of sony threads detailing the whoos of the poor owners who are suffering with green blob. Go there and ask you questions.
post #93 of 549 Old 08-19-2006, 05:05 AM

No problem leaving this forum and the bunch of arrogant people who cant even answer questions, if thats all you want to do is discuss how great your tv's are and not get into any discussion about different ones you're all made for each other good luck.
post #94 of 549 Old 08-19-2006, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What do you guys think, my tv vendor called today and said he didnt think they would have a n 831 on display but if I wanted to order one he could do that and then went on this talk about why would I want to buy a DLP when it is much less of a tv and I should by the sony LCD talking about the a2000 and how everyone in his store buys LCD and that LCD is over 75% of the market and that it is just plain inferior to the LCD. He was really pushing the Sonya2000 and its lcd.

So what do you guys think of the difference between LCD & DLP? Thanks for your comments sionce I am a beginner at this and dont want to make a 3,000-4,000 dollar mistake.

My recommendation is to go to Best Buy Magnolia after the 1st of the month and view all the leading 2006 1080p candidates side-by-side. Lets see: Mits 732, Sony A2000, Sammy 87 and JVC 97 series. Use an HD-DVD source like Phantom Of the Opera and go for the one you can live with for an extended period.
Try an SD disc too. Throw in a new 1080p 46" Sony LCD panel for variety.

At least this is mostly what I will be doing. Each owner has to judge for themselves.
As a beginner expect to be taken advantage of. Salesman sense this and will try to steer you to last years models and stuff they can't get get rid of. For example Mits has a lot of last years models left over. Don't believe their judgements. Stick to the new 2006 1080 models and be polite yet firm.
post #95 of 549 Old 08-23-2006, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Question. Will you be able to record off of the firewire output from the 65-831 onto a DVHS deck??

Phil
post #96 of 549 Old 08-23-2006, 04:56 PM

Quote:

No problem leaving this forum and the bunch of arrogant people who cant even answer questions, if thats all you want to do is discuss how great your tv's are and not get into any discussion about different ones you're all made for each other good luck.

I don't know if you've noticed, but this forum is made up of HUNDREDS of topics, not just one, so stop being lazy and use the Search feature like everyone else has to. You actually went from wanting to buy this particular set to an entirely random "which is better: LCD or DLP?" You want your answer, search for it under a thread related to it.

But we will miss you...no, really.

Adults are just kids who owe money
post #97 of 549 Old 08-23-2006, 05:53 PM

Im leaning towards a 831 this winter, but one question..

Is there a removable cover shield to protect the screen?
(concerned about the 18 month old boy running around the house)
post #98 of 549 Old 08-24-2006, 04:13 PM

So has anyone 'actually' received a Mitsu '831 series DLP yet or is everyone still waiting?

-Chip
post #99 of 549 Old 08-24-2006, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here's a quarter go call someone who cares.
post #100 of 549 Old 08-25-2006, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlinthi View Post

So has anyone 'actually' received a Mitsu '831 series DLP yet or is everyone still waiting?

-Chip

Here is the reply I recieved from Mits Customer Service when requesting dimension drawings for the 831:

"Thank you for contacting Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America, Inc. We are pleased to be able to assist our customers via our website. Here is the information that you have requested:

Our apologies on the incorrect model number information. The model in which are requesting the specification on is not yet available and neither are the specs.

Product release ETA is set for end of September. Please check back on our website www.mitsubishi-tv.com closer to the release time for more information.

Thank you

MDEA Service"
post #101 of 549 Old 08-25-2006, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The relationship between BB and Mits has soured. BB is rightfully ticked off at the Circuit City/Mits house brands. Will BB Magnolia even stock the 732? Maybe not.

The Magnolia upgrades occurring in many BB stores does not help the consumer. Some displays will still only display the crappy analog component house feeds while the most expensive displays get their own dedicated HDMI.
Guess who's PQ will be da best?

post #102 of 549 Old 08-26-2006, 08:48 AM

Quote:

uhhh....uhhhhh......Mitsubishi its the title and purpose of this thread?
post #103 of 549 Old 08-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 126
[quote=reincarnate]The relationship between BB and Mits has soured. BB is rightfully ticked off at the Circuit City/Mits house brands. Will BB Magnolia even stock the 732? Maybe not.

I agree. BB/Mag will be carrying the 732. They will not, however, be carrying the 831. They will be able to special order it though.

Scott

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #104 of 549 Old 08-26-2006, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSpyrison View Post

Im leaning towards a 831 this winter, but one question..

Is there a removable cover shield to protect the screen?
(concerned about the 18 month old boy running around the house)

The screen is not removable, it's built into the TV. This is why this new high contrast screen has a lot of us drooling. It possibly eliminates the SSE and looks more plasma like. Mmmmm....yummy.
post #105 of 549 Old 08-26-2006, 04:25 PM

What is the contrast ratio on the 731.732,831's? Anyone?
post #106 of 549 Old 08-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcrkr View Post

The screen is not removable, it's built into the TV. This is why this new high contrast screen has a lot of us drooling. It possibly eliminates the SSE and looks more plasma like. Mmmmm....yummy.

Hey lip. Guess your off the A2000 bandwagon :/
Anyway--this 831 "screen" --If it makes it look more like plasma does that mean it will look like a plasma in the daytime in a brightish room ? I dont know about you guys but to me plasma is unwatchable in the day due to screen glare. Is the new 831 series screen supposed to be glare free ?
post #107 of 549 Old 08-27-2006, 09:32 PM

Just spoke to my friend who is the floor manager at my local retailer and he told me the 732's are on the floor, 65732 are priced around $3,400. Didn't get a price for the 57732. As for the 831's (both the 57 & 65) they will be in store by end of the 2nd week of Sept. no word on pricing yet. He has seen and gotten the full demonstration from the Mits reps and he has told me the he's buying one (57831) because the high contrast screen is so good that it's comparable and even rivals plasma. He stated that combined with the 180 watt bulb it actually improves viewing angles. I'm having mine reserved tomorrow.
post #108 of 549 Old 08-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdog2004 View Post

Is the new 831 series screen supposed to be glare free ?

I'm not aware of any official statement from Mitsubishi that says anything about that, one way or the other. However, some of those who have reported here on their viewing of the 831 have said they believed the screen was not reflective.

Government Warning: The Attorney General has determined that Federal Regulation may be hazardous to your health
post #109 of 549 Old 08-27-2006, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdog2004 View Post

Hey lip. Guess your off the A2000 bandwagon :/
Anyway--this 831 "screen" --If it makes it look more like plasma does that mean it will look like a plasma in the daytime in a brightish room ? I dont know about you guys but to me plasma is unwatchable in the day due to screen glare. Is the new 831 series screen supposed to be glare free ?

Actually, i was originally on the plasma wagon but decided to incorporate my PC into a home theater so i decided against the plasma because i didn't want the TV to dictate what i could or could not do.
I hate LCD so i decided on a 1080p RP display to get the full PC capabilities. The no brainer was the A2000. However, i've been able to see some A2000's in the stores and although they look incredible on the hawaii loop it loses a lot of pop when you go down in resolution. It's still on my radar and if i decide not to get the A2000 it will only be the 831 series with the new screen.
This screen is not glass, so the glare should be no where near a plasma. In reality, my setup is fine for plasma, that had nothing to do with my decision.
If you read "parasite's" posts he states that the high contrast screen virtually eliminates the SSE but also reflects the glare. So, what really intrigues me is the possibilty of getting a 1080p set with DVI, an SXRD like Iris, no IR or burn in so i can remain a news junkie. and (hopefully) a screen that eliminates the SSE, which to me eliminates the "projected" look and becomes more of a 3D plasma look with no SSE and SDE. Basically, if the screen does what Parasite says it does the fat lady has sung. DLP was never a consideration until the new Mitsu's came along.
post #110 of 549 Old 08-27-2006, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique123456 View Post

Just spoke to my friend who is the floor manager at my local retailer and he told me the 732's are on the floor, 65732 are priced around $3,400. Didn't get a price for the 57732. As for the 831's (both the 57 & 65) they will be in store by end of the 2nd week of Sept. no word on pricing yet. He has seen and gotten the full demonstration from the Mits reps and he has told me the he's buying one (57831) because the high contrast screen is so good that it's comparable and even rivals plasma. He stated that combined with the 180 watt bulb it actually improves viewing angles. I'm having mine reserved tomorrow.

Thanx for the update. This is getting juicier by the minute.
post #111 of 549 Old 08-27-2006, 10:27 PM

Quote:

DLP was never a consideration until the new Mitsu's came along.

Amen to that!
post #112 of 549 Old 08-27-2006, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
"Basically, if the screen does what Parasite says it does the fat lady has sung. DLP was never a consideration until the new Mitsu's came along. "

Same here - I was thinking plasma or new JVC D'ILA (depending on the SSE). I've yet to hear a single person be unimpressed with the 831's screen.

Go Duke !
post #113 of 549 Old 08-28-2006, 05:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Actually, i was originally on the plasma wagon but decided to incorporate my PC into a home theater so i decided against the plasma because i didn't want the TV to dictate what i could or could not do.
I hate LCD so i decided on a 1080p RP display to get the full PC capabilities. The no brainer was the A2000. However, i've been able to see some A2000's in the stores and although they look incredible on the hawaii loop it loses a lot of pop when you go down in resolution. It's still on my radar and if i decide not to get the A2000 it will only be the 831 series with the new screen.
This screen is not glass, so the glare should be no where near a plasma. In reality, my setup is fine for plasma, that had nothing to do with my decision.
If you read "parasite's" posts he states that the high contrast screen virtually eliminates the SSE but also reflects the glare. So, what really intrigues me is the possibilty of getting a 1080p set with DVI, an SXRD like Iris, no IR or burn in so i can remain a news junkie. and (hopefully) a screen that eliminates the SSE, which to me eliminates the "projected" look and becomes more of a 3D plasma look with no SSE and SDE. Basically, if the screen does what Parasite says it does the fat lady has sung. DLP was never a consideration until the new Mitsu's came along.

Hmm---I currently have a costco purchased 45" lcd sharp aquos(720p) that I am very pleased with...it is small though.
I would be willing to look at this new 831 if it can give me the same results in my very bright family room in terms of no reflections.

Plasma has great picture but the glare and burn in make it a non factor for me...
Damn you all...now theres another tv I am excited about !
First the A2000 and now this !!! Damn you AVS damn youuuu !
post #114 of 549 Old 08-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Ok I have said this once and I will say it again. The screen is Not reflective, Does improve viewing angles, does for the most part eliminate SSE, Does improve black levels, Does improve color contrast, Does improve Brightness, and Does Not Glare in any way shape or form. Oh and I would agree with what someone else said ealier who"s friend went to the show, that the tv actually rivals plasma. It has a plasma look without the glare and with higher resolution.
post #115 of 549 Old 08-28-2006, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

I think I'm in about the same boat as you. So far I like the Panny plasmas best. I have the SXRD so I don't need the A2000. However I want a TV for my HT in the basement that I am currently building. I'm hoping the Mits 65831 will be the one as I much prefer the Panny's image over the SXRD for its sharper image, better black levels, and lack of SSE. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one.
post #116 of 549 Old 08-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Just completed my order for the WD65831 with a price that will make you all cry "sorry cant tell you". I's good to be king.
post #117 of 549 Old 08-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

If posting that was against the rules please mods delete it. I was just having some fun.
post #118 of 549 Old 08-28-2006, 10:13 AM

Thanks everyone!!! I've been a lurker for about a year now and have learned a ton from all the posters. Finally decided to pull the trigger this morning and ordered the WD-57831. Confident I made the right choice with the help from everyone here and can't stop grinning now I've placed the order!

Thanks All!!!

Scott
post #119 of 549 Old 08-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member

So these are able to be ordered now? From what everyone says this my be my dream come true. I don't have tons to spend on a 65" plasma but the SSE on RP's bug me so this may work.

I went by my local Mit Authorized Dealer and he's saying the 831 won't be available until late Oct/Early Nov but the 732 should be out in SEP.

With what everyone has said I have to wait for the 831.

I'm a panny plasma owner as well and am spoiled by the excellent PQ and black levels.

Keep us all informed.

I'm now Neutral
-
Our Crimson Cinema
post #120 of 549 Old 08-28-2006, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlu929s View Post

So these are able to be ordered now? From what everyone says this my be my dream come true. I don't have tons to spend on a 65" plasma but the SSE on RP's bug me so this may work.

I went by my local Mit Authorized Dealer and he's saying the 831 won't be available until late Oct/Early Nov but the 732 should be out in SEP.

With what everyone has said I have to wait for the 831.

I'm a panny plasma owner as well and am spoiled by the excellent PQ and black levels.

Keep us all informed.

Dude. YOu can go to Frys and buy the 732 today. Id fire your salesperson. 831 story is mid to late Sept.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page