>Hitachi 51f59 Problems/Issues thread (non-calibration) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 101 Old 11-06-2008, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
The problem sounds like that the color decoding/balance settings - which are service level, not user - are WAY off on those inputs. These settings are inthe F59 service menu for HDMI, Component, S-Video & Composite inputs.

What to do? Hit the F59 Tweaks or Don't Dump Your CRT RPTV threads. Local calibration pro/CRT Guru Mr Bob has likely already posted info that will get you in the right direction or will reply to you there & do so.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 101 Old 11-06-2008, 07:46 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

The problem sounds like that the color decoding/balance settings - which are service level, not user - are WAY off on those inputs.

Thanks for the response. I'll continue plowing through those threads. If you could you be more specific as to what you mean by 'color decoding/balance' settings, it would save me a heap of time. Is this in the TA1360 section?

Quote:

These settings are in the F59 service menu for HDMI, Component, S-Video & Composite inputs.

The fact that ALL of my analog inputs (including S-Video) are equally off suggests there might be a global setting (or group of settings) for the analog inputs as a group.

UPDATE: I just discovered the B-CUT adjustment described below in post #93 has no affect on green tinted logo produced by my DVD player when I turn the HDMI off (supposed to be blue). By switching connections from component to composite, and then swapping inputs with my satellite dish, I discovered that B-CUT only affects Input channels 1,2 and 5. It has no affect on Inputs 3 or 4 (those have the Y/Video, Pb and Pr connections).

I downloaded the F59 manual and was surprised to find that the TA1360 tables on pages 77-79 don't include some of the settings that come up in my onscreen 1360 menu. For example, the CUT and DRV settings are missing, as well as HSYNC, VSYNC and CSYNC. Does anyone have a complete 1360 table?
post #93 of 101 Old 11-06-2008, 08:44 PM

I just did some trial-and-error adjustments in the TA1360 section. I figured as long as I write down the starting point, I can't hurt anything! In fact, I don't even have a calibration reference. I used the Saturday Night Live Weekend Update skit recorded on my DVR. The background is a world map with blue oceans. On my TV the oceans were green.

Scrolling through gobs of 1360 settings, looking for names that might relate to blue or green, I got lucky and stumbled across B-CUT. Ramping this way up changed the ocean background from green to blue!

B-Cut-S was initially 7F (most of the CUT settings are in the 7F to 8C range). I had to increase B-CUT all the way to the EF range to get a nice blue ocean. I find it interesting that making that large of a change doesn't distort skin color.

Does the fact that I had to push B-CUT so high indicate there may be another issue or a different setting that should be adjusted first?
post #94 of 101 Old 11-30-2008, 07:00 PM

I have a problem.

When I turn the tv on it turns on them immediately shuts off, then turns back on and immediately shuts off. It usually goes through that cycle 3 or 4 times until it stays on.

Does anyone have a clue what this could be?
post #95 of 101 Old 11-30-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhall812 View Post

I have a problem.

When I turn the tv on it turns on them immediately shuts off, then turns back on and immediately shuts off. It usually goes through that cycle 3 or 4 times until it stays on.

Does anyone have a clue what this could be?

Unplug the power for a few hours, the plug back in...might reset something and you'll be fine again.
post #96 of 101 Old 12-10-2008, 09:06 PM

I am running an Oppo 980 via hdmi @ 1080i and have done so without issue for over a year now, this past weekend I had a LOTR marathon! PQ was excellent no issues during or after playback with the Oppo but when I changed to my Fios input the screen gave some noise and green /pink colors, I shut down the set and then powered back on to the input i want (component) and the noise and colors are gone, since this happened, every time I switch from the Oppo(hdmi) to component I get the noise and have to go through the "reboot" is this going to get worse possibly or have ill effect on the set? if it is not harmful and is just an inconvenience I can live with that! but am not in a position to have to do an expensive repair process or buy a new set! any help, thought or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thanks for your time!

I did the hdmi fix that was posted months ago days after it was posted so this is a new issue for me!
post #97 of 101 Old 12-14-2008, 01:43 PM

any help or insight? anyone?
post #98 of 101 Old 12-21-2008, 04:17 PM

no one has any helpful thoughts or insight?
post #99 of 101 Old 12-21-2008, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellis33 View Post

I am running an Oppo 980 via hdmi @ 1080i and have done so without issue for over a year now, this past weekend I had a LOTR marathon! PQ was excellent no issues during or after playback with the Oppo but when I changed to my Fios input the screen gave some noise and green /pink colors, I shut down the set and then powered back on to the input i want (component) and the noise and colors are gone, since this happened, every time I switch from the Oppo(hdmi) to component I get the noise and have to go through the "reboot" is this going to get worse possibly or have ill effect on the set? if it is not harmful and is just an inconvenience I can live with that! but am not in a position to have to do an expensive repair process or buy a new set! any help, thought or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thanks for your time!

I did the hdmi fix that was posted months ago days after it was posted so this is a new issue for me!

This is the thread for the HDMI true fix, you would need to contact Hitachi and get on the list for the repair.

Based on what you described, I would go back to the SM and make sure that the fix has not changed.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=842581

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

post #100 of 101 Old 12-21-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

This is the thread for the HDMI true fix, you would need to contact Hitachi and get on the list for the repair.

Based on what you described, I would go back to the SM and make sure that the fix has not changed.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=842581

thanks superleo , I called a week or so ago and am on the list! I checked the Sm and the change is still showing, its kinda weird how this would just start to happen but I guess I will just have to wait and see if the repair for the "shift" will fix this also, I guess if all I have to do is shut the tv off to fix the problem it could be worse!
post #101 of 101 Old 01-26-2009, 10:41 PM

I am needing some help. I have model 51F59 tv and my colors and brightness are kind of screwy. My whole tv has a reddish color to it, and the picture is very dark. I have to turn up both brightness and contrast to have it look decent. I turned the color all the way to 0 and it still was red. When I play my xbox 360, the games are very dark. Are there any suggestions as to trying in the service menu. The regular settings do nothing to fix the problems.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page