The Official Sony 2006 KDS-(XX)A2000 [NO PRICE TALK] SXRD Owner's Thread - Page 145 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4321 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaudio View Post

I just received my 60A2000 today. The stand I got for it was sold at Costco. It looks great and is the perfect size for the 60". Sorry, I don't know how to post pictures. I'm using Picasa 2. PM me for price. Don

its good to see that something looks great with your TV. I bet Sony wishes everyone else put so much emphasis on the stand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4322 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 47
do any owners out there have a hd-dvd or blue ray hooked up. how's the pq? i thought i read that hd is 1080i but bd is 1080p. on the threads, many problems with bd and pretty good reviews for hd.

neflixis our nemesis
post #4323 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 03:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

do any owners out there have a hd-dvd or blue ray hooked up. how's the pq? i thought i read that hd is 1080i but bd is 1080p. on the threads, many problems with bd and pretty good reviews for hd.

Do a search for user name Eliab. He is an ISF calibrator and has had both players. He kept the HD-DVD and thinks it's the best DVD player of any kind at this moment.
post #4324 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 03:10 PM

The HDMI Problem I was having is definitely and issue with the 8300 and the A2000 "synching" up. I switched the hdmi output from the 8300 back to my 32 LCD and it worked perfectly. I tried the A2000 again and it was fine at first but changing channels between 1080i and 720p sources caused the problem again. So basically the $800 LCD tv's HDMI input can synch up to the 8300 (and stay that way) but the A2000 cannot. I'll have to change the settings on the 8300 so that I'm always outputting 720p or 1080i (I have not decided which).

So that's frustrating but not the end of the world. Does anyone have thoughts on whether to let the 8300 scale 1080i to 720p or vice versa?

Thanks for directing me to the hi def recorders forum, I'll also give that a shot to see if there are other options.
post #4325 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 03:20 PM
WGW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktick View Post

EDIT: Well, it's a moot point now anyways. Price is no longer lower at the local retailer.

BB always eliminates sale prices on big ticket items prior to when their Rewards coupons go into effect. Monitor the price. The item will be back on sale by end of next week after the current Rewards coupons expire.
post #4326 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 04:10 PM

I'm going with my parents to help them buy the 50" A2000 tomorrow and they will be getting the H20 HDTV receiver upgrade from Direct TV next week. Their current surround sound receiver doesn't support either Optical inputs for audio or HDMI connectors.

Any suggestions on how to hook it up so 1) they don't get the "unsupported audio" message and 2) they can listen to television audio either via the TV speakers or the Surround Sound Stereo Receiver.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and would make me look like a genius in my parents eyes.

Thanks.
post #4327 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 04:15 PM

Liked: 11
How does the 55" A2000 fit into the current SXRD line-up? How does its PQ compare to the 50" and 60" models?

I've seen the 50" and 60" but can't seem to find a 55" on display. Thanks.
post #4328 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 06:24 PM

Can you please tell me why this TV is better than a plasma?

I plan on either buying the 50 inch of this Sony, or a 50 inch plasma from Panny.

Please tell me why I should buy this over a Panny plasma.

I'm not worried about burn-in, and I really am worried about replacing lamps 10 years down the road when they may not be made anymore.

I'm also VERY concerned about viewing angles. I can't sit directly in front of this tv, nor will anyone watching it. I HATE bad picture quality purely based on not sitting in the perfec location.
post #4329 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 06:48 PM

i'm about to pull the trigger on the a2000 but i was "this close" to doing so on the samsung 6187w. i've read massive amounts of info, talked to many, and viewed many sets; finally i had to rely on specs. when i found out (read) that the dlp's use wobulation to create the 1920 i decided the a2000 was for me. so many ppl say you should go w/ what looks best to you, but what am i looking at? they're all close and i know they're not all tweaked equally in the stores so it's not apples to apples to just go w/ what "looks" best! sorry, it gets a bit aggravating.
my question is, how do i know if an online store is reputable? i've tried to search this site for the proper place for this question but couldn't find it, so if this is the wrong place i appoligize. but could you at least direct me on where to go to find this info.
thanks,
Mike
p.s., i have found a good price at tv city online.
post #4330 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANBBB View Post

I'm going with my parents to help them buy the 50" A2000 tomorrow and they will be getting the H20 HDTV receiver upgrade from Direct TV next week. Their current surround sound receiver doesn't support either Optical inputs for audio or HDMI connectors.

Any suggestions on how to hook it up so 1) they don't get the "unsupported audio" message and 2) they can listen to television audio either via the TV speakers or the Surround Sound Stereo Receiver.

The H20 only supports optical digital out; coax digital is not supported, nor is 5.1 channel over analog (unlike the case with many DVD players.)

Either your parents will have to get a new receiver, or they will have to settle for stereo over analog RCA connections. And the TV only has two speakers...

Your best strategy, absent a new receiver, is to connect the H20 to the A2000 using HDMI and input 6, then connect the TV's analog audio out to the receiver's "TV in" connections. That way, any audio sent in to the TV will also be sent to the receiver, and you can choose either the TV's speakers or the ones connected to the receiver.

If the receiver handles component video, and switches it, then you should also connect both the H20 and the DVD player to the receiver (both component video and sound,) then connect the receiver's component video out to the A2000's input 4 (component,) and the receiver's analog audio out to the A2000's analog audio in for input 4.

Government Warning: The Attorney General has determined that Federal Regulation may be hazardous to your health
post #4331 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 08:29 PM
RTK
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGregC View Post

How does the 55" A2000 fit into the current SXRD line-up? How does its PQ compare to the 50" and 60" models?

I've seen the 50" and 60" but can't seem to find a 55" on display. Thanks.

There is no difference between the different A2000 models except the dimensions. If your seating distance affects your perception of pixel density choose the model that best fits your preference. I own the 55A2000.

Rick
post #4332 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay, just came back from Best Buy. Didn't see any of these A2000 sets.

I did see the 50XBR1 and the 60XBR1. They are priced AWESOMELY at 2199 and 3199 respectively.

Problem?

Their showroom PQ was horrible. I see this yellowish hue... on BOTH of them. Is that the "green" blob I keep hearing about? The Samsungs and even the Mitsubishi's looked alot better.

I know it's not a fair comparison... but I don't know how those Best Buy people are going to convince anyone to buy a set that looked as "off" as the XBRs at the store.

I am sure it's a calibration issue as well... but that Samsung 1080p looked alot better.

I am going to Circuit City to check out the A2000. I am so regretting jumping on the Flat Panel LCD wagon.

Home Theater PQ just doesn't hold up.

I don't know what I am doing! AHHHHHHH!!!!
post #4333 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

OK, this was requested in another forum, but figured I would post it in here as well for thost non owners who are wondering about customization of the picture....

OK, as requested, here are the settings that can be customized in "Custom" mode on the A2000 SXRDs- which is equivalent to the Pro Mode of the 05's:

Advanded Iris - Auto1/Auto2/Max/High/Medium/Low/Min

Picutre (Contrast Ratio) - 0 to 100

Brightness - 0 to 100

Color - 0 to 100

Hue - Large Red/Green Slider Adjustment

Color Temp - Cool/Neutral/Warm 1/Warm 2

Sharpness - 0 to 100

Noise Reduction - Off/Low/Medium/High/Auto

DRC Mode - Off/Progressive/High Density

DRC Palette - Reality 0 to 100 and Clarity 0 to 100

Advanced Settings

Black Corrector - Off/Low/Medium/High

Gamma - Off/Low/Medium/High/Max

Clear White - Off/Low/High

Live Color - Off/Low/Medium/High

Detail Enhancer - Off/Low/Medium/High/Max

Edge Enhancer - Off/Low/Medium/High

White Balance

R Gain Adjustment Meter

G Gain Adjustment Meter

B Gain Adjustment Meter

R Bias Adjustment Meter

G Bias Adjustment Meter

B Bias Adjustment Meter

Color Matrix - Standard/Custom

Custom Color Matirx

ITU601 or ITU709 for each (480i, 480p, 720P, 1080i and 1080p)

Game Mode - On or Off

Cinemotion - On or Off

Power Save - On or Off (by far one of the best brightness controls)

Thats it for settings in the custom mode....
post #4334 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourcery View Post

Your best strategy, absent a new receiver, is to connect the H20 to the A2000 using HDMI and input 6, then connect the TV's analog audio out to the receiver's "TV in" connections. That way, any audio sent in to the TV will also be sent to the receiver, and you can choose either the TV's speakers or the ones connected to the receiver.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. So if I do the above I will not get the dreaded "unsupported audio" message?
post #4335 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGW View Post

BB always eliminates sale prices on big ticket items prior to when their Rewards coupons go into effect. Monitor the price. The item will be back on sale by end of next week after the current Rewards coupons expire.

As of today, BB seems to have lowered their retail price on 55A2000 by $300.
post #4336 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANBBB View Post

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. So if I do the above I will not get the dreaded "unsupported audio" message?

That depends on the audio codecs of the H20. I don't actually have one, so I have no way to know what sort of audio signal it puts out over HDMI.

I have no problems whatsoever getting audio to the TV over HDMI from either my Marantz DV9600 DVD player or from my Dishnetwork Vip211 STB.

Modern STBs (such as the H20) will support HDMI, component, S-Video, composite, fiber optic audio and analog RCA audio. If the H20 does the wrong thing over HDMI, then you'll have to use input 7 instead of input 6, and connect the audio from the H20 to the TV using fiber optic cable.

What I do is connect the audio from the Vip211 to my Marantz SR9300 receiver over fiber optic cable, since I never use the TV's speakers (other than to check that my recommendations will actually work, like I just did.)

Government Warning: The Attorney General has determined that Federal Regulation may be hazardous to your health
post #4337 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
...is here. Experienced / brave / idiotic tweakers only!
post #4338 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think I speak for all of us Googer... THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH for finding this..........

Now I can't sleep, must play with this filter in morning... (too out of it right now, might mess things up.. )

So to recap, the LPF setting in directly related to the input rez inputted at the time??

Thaks again... You are a god.....

post #4339 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
The various service menu items are a mix of being global or being per resolution and / or per input. That one in particular seems to be one that's per resolution and per input, so yes. If you change input or resolution while in the service menu on that setting, you probably won't notice the value being different because it will continue to show the old resolution or input's value until you navigate away from that SM item and back to it. Just another little nugget of info to keep in mind.
post #4340 of 14278 Old 09-01-2006, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I have read some of the posts in here, but don't have the time to read all of them, so I apologize in advance. I know the questions I have are popular ones so I hope there are answers already. I currently have a Samsung HL-S5688, which I've had for some time now, but when I bought it I'd inquired as to the A2000. The salesman at Tweeter called and said that they had got some 55" A2000s in and if I wanted to exchange it they'd let me. Good salesmanship. Anyways, I like the Samsung, but I've noticed the rave reviews with the SONY. I actually had a XBR1 for 2 weeks, but had to return it because of green blob. Anyways, my considerations for whether to try the SONY out or keep the Samsung are as follows:

- Has anyone reported seeing green blobs on the new sets, or does this seem to have been solved?
- I noticed that the 4:3 content on the 60" floor display (they were offering it to me but it won't fit in my living room) had no pincushion. Samsung's have a little bit.
- What other prevalent issues have the new Sony's shown? All TVs have some small quirks, so just curious.

Any suggestions?
post #4341 of 14278 Old 09-02-2006, 01:17 AM

Quote:

How much warm up time is there?

About a minute or two.
You don't think a bigger set would be better? After all it's easier to see from a distance.

Quote:

What's the estimated bulb life on these? (50" version, FWIW)

And what's the cost of a new bulb?

Someone just asked this yesterday. Look back and see the details.
Bulb is about $400 and will probably get cheaper over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn69 View Post

The HDMI Problem I was having is definitely and issue with the 8300 and the A2000 "synching" up. I switched the hdmi output from the 8300 back to my 32 LCD and it worked perfectly. I tried the A2000 again and it was fine at first but changing channels between 1080i and 720p sources caused the problem again. So basically the $800 LCD tv's HDMI input can synch up to the 8300 (and stay that way) but the A2000 cannot. I'll have to change the settings on the 8300 so that I'm always outputting 720p or 1080i (I have not decided which).

So that's frustrating but not the end of the world. Does anyone have thoughts on whether to let the 8300 scale 1080i to 720p or vice versa?

Thanks for directing me to the hi def recorders forum, I'll also give that a shot to see if there are other options.

You should be able to set the STB to pass through. Plug it all in and do a soft reboot.
PHP Code:
Forced Reboot (without unplugging unit). On the front of the boxpress and hold both the VOL+ and VOLbuttonsthen press the INFO button
Give it a few minutes to reboot and see if that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XboxEboy View Post

Can you please tell me why this TV is better than a plasma?

Please tell me why I should buy this over a Panny plasma.

I'm not worried about burn-in, and I really am worried about replacing lamps 10 years down the road when they may not be made anymore.

I'm also VERY concerned about viewing angles. I can't sit directly in front of this tv, nor will anyone watching it. I HATE bad picture quality purely based on not sitting in the perfec location.

Left to right viewing angle on this set is amazing. Look at my picture from a page back.
The big difference between it and the Panny plasma is the resolution. The Panny is 720p (I'm guessing) while this set is 1080p. There's only one plasma that does 1080 and it costs $10,000.
If the resolution difference is no big deal then do you notice the screen door effect? The plasmas have the black line seperating the pixals while the SXRD does not. It is just a smooth mix of colors like it was painted on the screen and not dotted on it. I can't judge for you, get whatever you like.

Mikeynavy1 there is still the GB problem, but it seems a lot more rare with these new sets. Jostling or transporting the TV on it's end or side is a good way to gaurantee having a green problem. So be carefull with the transporting.
post #4342 of 14278 Old 09-02-2006, 01:49 AM

I got my 50" A2000 today and I LOVE the picture. I can't say enough about the quality of HD programming on this set coming through a Knology SA8300HD

I had 2 slight problems with the set today and was wondering if anyone has seen these.

I have the SA8300 hooked up HDMI to input 6. After watching TV for a few hours with no problems, I switched channels and I got colored static filling the screen. I changed channels and the picture didnt change at all, just static. I switched inputs on the TV and then switched back and the picture came in fine. Didnt physically touch anything, just switching inputs on the remote brought the picture back. This started happing consistently so I took it as a sign to go to bed.

I have my HTPC hooked up DVI->HDMI to input 7. If I switch inputs to watch TV, and then switch back to the PC, I just get a blank screen. If I unplug the HDMI cable from the TV and plug it back in the picture comes back.

Seems like there are HDMI problems with this set and all HDMI devices in general. If you have seen any of these or have a fix let me know!
post #4343 of 14278 Old 09-02-2006, 05:04 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlutz View Post

i'm about to pull the trigger on the a2000 but i was "this close" to doing so on the samsung 6187w. i've read massive amounts of info, talked to many, and viewed many sets; finally i had to rely on specs. when i found out (read) that the dlp's use wobulation to create the 1920 i decided the a2000 was for me. so many ppl say you should go w/ what looks best to you, but what am i looking at? they're all close and i know they're not all tweaked equally in the stores so it's not apples to apples to just go w/ what "looks" best! sorry, it gets a bit aggravating.
my question is, how do i know if an online store is reputable? i've tried to search this site for the proper place for this question but couldn't find it, so if this is the wrong place i appoligize. but could you at least direct me on where to go to find this info.
thanks,
Mike
p.s., i have found a good price at tv city online.

IMHO, J & R Music & Computer World in NYC has been a very reputable dealer. This comes from over 25 years of ordering merchandise from them, including a 60" A2000 in August. They will price match other on-line Sony authorized dealers. No complaints whatsoever, and their sales staff has been most pleasant to deal with.
post #4344 of 14278 Old 09-02-2006, 05:29 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post

Here's a picture of the address registered via Whois for the website. Cardinal Rule - they have no contact or address listed on their website. This picture is from a Fraud Notification Site by a Photographer that checks these folks out. http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

Here they Are.

Please take a look at the above post, before ordering online. Let the buyer beware is always good sense.
post #4345 of 14278 Old 09-02-2006, 06:31 AM

After two days, I'm still loving this TV and learning some ins and outs. It's an August build of the 55".

Initial thoughts

Watching HD Football - albeit CFL on World Sports - is absolutely fine. No artifact issues or motion blur. on ESPN2HD, a little bit, but I'm blaming that more on compression than the TV. SD football is ugly, but it should be. Still trying to tweak that by using an SV cable and softening it, but it still always seems like it's just out of focus, especially when compared to the HD feeds, which is as it should be.

OTA - what channels I can get - I have to upgrade my antenna to a Channel Master 4221, I think - is much better than my dish versions, which it should be. Watched a little of Las Vegas and Ghost Whisperer while working the antenna over and was very impressed. I do have an issue trying to get the sound to my receiver still with this. The optical feed doesn't send the Channel input anywhere.

Size - Yeah 55" is big, but sitting 8'-10' away I'm very impressed and not as overwhelmed as I had feared. I find I do get a bit of headache watching SD stations, which I'm sure is related to my eyes constantly trying to tighten up the picture, but I have no problem with the HD feeds. I'm surprised how clear old analog shows like Hogan's Heroes look on HDNet.

Gaming - using my Xbox, it works just fine. I need to calibrate a bit so a couple of teams look a bit less fluorescent, but I'm happy. It's a bit ( okay, a lot) jaggy, but that's with a 480p game - NCAA College Football. I popped in a 720p game and it was much much better. Looks like an XBox360 or PS3 is in the future, just not the near future.

Ease of use - While nothing is "dummy proof" - as evidenced by my inability to the get the OTA feed to put surround sound to my receiver - this is pretty easy to get around in. Hookups are clearly labeled and easy to access. The manual is a straightforwad if a bit sparse. An index would be extremely helpful, not to mention a glossary. The remote is laid out well and I've memorized it already without really trying. The TV menu is easy to get around in as well once you recognize the icons. Thanks to Sourcery and the tweaks thread for my base settings - it's made it a lot easier to get up and running since this baby came out of the box lit up like a Christmas tree.

Discoloration - none that I know of, but I'm not looking for it either. Same with convergence. It appears to fine. Every time I think I see something out of line on the side of 4:3 picture, it's gone on a different channel, so I'm thinking it's a bit more of me looking to find something rather than something actually being there.

So, all in all, thanks to this forum for being so thorough in regards to critiquing this TV. The input here was more than helpful - damn close to essential - in knowing I was picking a TV I wanted and by making sure I had the right questions for salespeople (we don't even want to talk about the bodycount of discarded salespeople who couldn't answer my questions or, if they did, acted like I didn't know what I was asking). FWIW, I purchased my from my local UE in the Minneapolis area and had a pleasant experience. I'm still watching the sales ads for the price match at local b&ms, though.

GB
post #4346 of 14278 Old 09-02-2006, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoD View Post

I got my 50" A2000 today and I LOVE the picture. I can't say enough about the quality of HD programming on this set coming through a Knology SA8300HD

I had 2 slight problems with the set today and was wondering if anyone has seen these.

I have the SA8300 hooked up HDMI to input 6. After watching TV for a few hours with no problems, I switched channels and I got colored static filling the screen. I changed channels and the picture didnt change at all, just static. I switched inputs on the TV and then switched back and the picture came in fine. Didnt physically touch anything, just switching inputs on the remote brought the picture back. This started happing consistently so I took it as a sign to go to bed.

I have my HTPC hooked up DVI->HDMI to input 7. If I switch inputs to watch TV, and then switch back to the PC, I just get a blank screen. If I unplug the HDMI cable from the TV and plug it back in the picture comes back.

Seems like there are HDMI problems with this set and all HDMI devices in general. If you have seen any of these or have a fix let me know!

I am having similar issues with my TWC SA8300 box. Whenever the box switches resolutions, it loses sync with the TV through hdmi. I have found the easiest fix is to just unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back in. This is the 2nd tv I have had this box hooked to and it used to happen all the time with my Sony LCD RPTV using the hdmi out to dvi converter when switching from 480i to 720p resolutions. TWC said to just leave the box outputing 1080i, which solved the problem, but I prefer to watch 720p programing at that resolution and not have the box convert to 1080i. So, now I only have the issues when switching to Fox HD or ESPN HD from the other channels.

Eric
post #4347 of 14278 Old 09-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundblizzard View Post

It's an August build of the 55".

Ok, I'm missing something here. I've searched this thread and (I think) looked at every post that talks about build date but have not seen a list or link to a list of Serial Numbers vs Build Dates. From the posts, it seems that is how people are telling when their set was built, but, I can't find the link. Can someone tell me?

I've had my 50A2000 for six days now (three of which I was out of town - darn) and am loving it. I've used settings found on this forum as a guide to set all the inputs to custom and the picture is just spectacular.

So, I'm just wanting to know the build date as a general item of interest, 'cause, I sure don't see any problems with what I'm viewing from the OTA tuner, the HDD-250 DVR, my HTPC, or DVD.
post #4348 of 14278 Old 09-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoD View Post

I have this issue too, but, by stopping the program generating the video - Windows Media Player or Fusion HDTV - and restarting it, the image returns - no need to physically disconnect and reconnect. (If you don't have another monitor, I guess that could be more of a problem).
post #4349 of 14278 Old 09-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

I received my KDS60A2000 which was an August build Ser 9022XXX yesterday along with it's matching stand Su-RS11X. The stand took about 2 hours to set up but the most difficult thing was getting it out of the box. I had to sit on the floor and after opening both ends of the box, pushing it out with my foot using leg power. After that it was a breeze to set up, although in the final assembly step, the TV needs to be on the stand, so I had to wait for help to lift it in place.

The Sony quick start gave me a problem. After I hooked up the DirectTV H20 receiver using HDMI I turned both sets on and got snow. I figured that I had the wrong INPUT so I looked for an INPUT button on the remote. I could not find one so I went to the menu. I couldn't find one there in setup so I tried tools. I thought I found what I was looking for there, but to my disgust no, nada. I finally started pushing buttons and found that the TV/VIDEO button was the INPUT BUTTON and was able to finally get the H20 to send a signal.
Next was the 20 minutes with DirectTV to set up the access. I did get through their telephone maze fast by saying "SETUP" to their voice recognization. The DirectTV person went through all the setup steps and in the process turned off my H10-250 Tivo receiver in the bedroom but after my wife's loud protest, turned it back on. But still I still did not have a picture instead I got the message "No Authorized Service" so I was transferred to another department. The other department was able to get me going fast.
The Sony came in vivid mode so I immediately turned it down to standard and went through a few HD programs. ESPN HD had side bars, and Fox news was in 4X3 but I learned I could get full screen by pushing the wide button on the Sony.
I found that watching Sports on the Sony was lousy in 1080i but acceptable when watching 720P. Overall the picture is very impressive, but any viewing closer than 10 ft is not good
Today I am going to buy some additional components and continue with the set up.
post #4350 of 14278 Old 09-02-2006, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv View Post

Ok, I'm missing something here. I've searched this thread and (I think) looked at every post that talks about build date but have not seen a list or link to a list of Serial Numbers vs Build Dates. From the posts, it seems that is how people are telling when their set was built, but, I can't find the link. Can someone tell me?

I've had my 50A2000 for six days now (three of which I was out of town - darn) and am loving it. I've used settings found on this forum as a guide to set all the inputs to custom and the picture is just spectacular.

So, I'm just wanting to know the build date as a general item of interest, 'cause, I sure don't see any problems with what I'm viewing from the OTA tuner, the HDD-250 DVR, my HTPC, or DVD.

You can find the build date on the the white sticker/label on the back of your set along with the serial #.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page