The Official Sony 2006 KDS-(XX)A2000 [NO PRICE TALK] SXRD Owner's Thread - Page 468 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14011 of 14278 Old 02-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
 
aztony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Maricopa, AZ
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum801 View Post

Anyone know if there still offering the NX720 ? I'd much rather have that set , than the ones that I see there currently offering ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj860 View Post

I called back and asked specifically about that model # and the response was no, only the ones they offered me were in the program currently.

Contact Sarah Kepler on Facebook and ask her if there's anything she can do for you. Let them know that you are willing to wait for the model to become available. The offers usually change every few weeks, I'm assuming it depends on their inventory.
aztony is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14012 of 14278 Old 02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Member
 
redrum801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got the same offer today , 1375 for the KDL-60EX720 , don't think I'll do it I'd rather spend the extra money and buy from another brand . For those who are ready to chime in with Sony didn't have to offer you nothing Nonsense, kick rocks . I paid close to three grand for a tv and matching stand that lasted less than 5 years that's total ******** . Sorry for the cursing but it's ridiculous . Sony isn't what they used to be .
redrum801 is offline  
post #14013 of 14278 Old 02-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Member
 
redrum801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Why not take the cheapest option and resell it? Otherwise you're walking away from about a grand in compensation.

I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of trying to sell it , id have to undercut the retail price which would bring me half of what you said .... thanks for the suggestion though
redrum801 is offline  
post #14014 of 14278 Old 02-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Member
 
jkj860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In,USA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztony View Post

Contact Sarah Kepler on Facebook and ask her if there's anything she can do for you. Let them know that you are willing to wait for the model to become available. The offers usually change every few weeks, I'm assuming it depends on their inventory.

I did contact a Sony rep via facebook with a couple options I wanted to check on. The KDL 55HX729 and the KDL55NX720.
jkj860 is offline  
post #14015 of 14278 Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Member
 
redrum801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj860 View Post

I did contact a Sony rep via facebook with a couple options I wanted to check on. The KDL 55HX729 and the KDL55NX720.

I went for the 60 inch version of those and got shot down , was told there not offering the NX and won't be getting them back in stock . Was also told there waiting on some of the newer sets to arrive , but they don't have a clue when .
redrum801 is offline  
post #14016 of 14278 Old 02-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Member
 
retrotv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: La Vergne, Tn
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have a 48'' Sony WEGA, and have been getting blue spots in the top corners of the screen. A friend also has a Sony WEGA, and he does not have this problem. My next set will not be rear projection, or Sony.
retrotv is offline  
post #14017 of 14278 Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Member
 
louky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
wow. amazing to see all this green blob talk still going on after all these years. i have posts in this thread from 2007! tv is still going, basically i have a tint of green in the middle at startup then it seems to go away.

i'll read back through the recent posts to try and figure out what is going on, but is sony offering credit for people with the original tvs? or if someone could link me to a specific post explaining the details that would be appreciated.


edit* btw i have a kds 50 a2000

edit2* back on page 418 i see there was a class action lawsuit that you had to opt out of in order to be eligible. it says you would have been contacted, but i knew nothing about it. guess i wouldn't be eligible for any credit.
louky is offline  
post #14018 of 14278 Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Senior Member
 
aztony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Maricopa, AZ
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by louky View Post

wow. amazing to see all this green blob talk still going on after all these years. i have posts in this thread from 2007! tv is still going, basically i have a tint of green in the middle at startup then it seems to go away.

i'll read back through the recent posts to try and figure out what is going on, but is sony offering credit for people with the original tvs? or if someone could link me to a specific post explaining the details that would be appreciated.


edit* btw i have a kds 50 a2000

edit2* back on page 418 i see there was a class action lawsuit that you had to opt out of in order to be eligible. it says you would have been contacted, but i knew nothing about it. guess i wouldn't be eligible for any credit.

Your model is the one I had and was able to get in on this program late 2010. I'm not sure what you mean by the original TV? If you mean you are the original owner the answer is, it doesn't matter. As long as you have the tag from the back of the TV with the model and serial numbers, you're good to go.

It's too late to opt out of the class action suit.

I suggest contacting Sarah Kepler on Facebook and letting her know you having a green tint problem. It's a pretty simple process and you should have a new TV in less than a month.

https://sites.google.com/site/sonylcdrptvproblems/
aztony is offline  
post #14019 of 14278 Old 02-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Member
 
jkj860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In,USA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj860 View Post

Sony called me today and sent me an email with the event number and offer on my failing KDS-60a2000. KDL55BX520 - $575.00, KDL60EX720 - $1375.00. Now I just need to decide.

I got an updated offer thanks to Sarah and Pat on facebook. KDL55HX729 for $925 or the KDL55NX720 for $1,000. I'm leaning toward the KDL55HX729 as it seems to have better picture quality. XR480 motionflow as apposed to 240 on the KDL55NX720. Plus it has the X-Reality Pro Engine Dual processor. Other than Gorilla glass on the 55NX720, both seem the same to me. I think its a better TV. What do you guys think?
jkj860 is offline  
post #14020 of 14278 Old 02-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Member
 
redrum801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj860 View Post


I got an updated offer thanks to Sarah and Pat on facebook. KDL55HX729 for $925 or the KDL55NX720 for $1,000. I'm leaning toward the KDL55HX729 as it seems to have better picture quality. XR480 motionflow as apposed to 240 on the KDL55NX720. Plus it has the X-Reality Pro Engine Dual processor. Other than Gorilla glass on the 55NX720, both seem the same to me. I think its a better TV. What do you guys think?

Got similar offers , 60EX720 , 55HX729 ... Tv will be 12-14' feet from sofa , will I miss the 5" in real estate ? Or the picture that much better on the HX that I won't mind losing the extra 5" ??? If Tv's weren't so discounted I'd probably wouldn't even be messing with Sony , smh
redrum801 is offline  
post #14021 of 14278 Old 02-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Member
 
jkj860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In,USA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum801 View Post

Got similar offers , 60EX720 , 55HX729 ... Tv will be 12-14' feet from sofa , will I miss the 5" in real estate ? Or the picture that much better on the HX that I won't mind losing the extra 5" ??? If Tv's weren't so discounted I'd probably wouldn't even be messing with Sony , smh

I don't think I will miss the 5 inches in screen size. I am about 12 feet from the screen but 55" is still really big. Plus I think these TV's are light years ahead of what I have. Especially with the yellow/green screen and $130 bulbs every year.
jkj860 is offline  
post #14022 of 14278 Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Member
 
jkj860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In,USA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by louky View Post

wow. amazing to see all this green blob talk still going on after all these years. i have posts in this thread from 2007! tv is still going, basically i have a tint of green in the middle at startup then it seems to go away.

i'll read back through the recent posts to try and figure out what is going on, but is sony offering credit for people with the original tvs? or if someone could link me to a specific post explaining the details that would be appreciated.


edit* btw i have a kds 50 a2000

edit2* back on page 418 i see there was a class action lawsuit that you had to opt out of in order to be eligible. it says you would have been contacted, but i knew nothing about it. guess i wouldn't be eligible for any credit.

Go to the "I have a defective Sony TV" page on facebook. There is some good information there. Read through it and follow their direction. As Aztony mentioned, contact Sarah or Pat on facebook if your looking for a model they are not currently offering.
jkj860 is offline  
post #14023 of 14278 Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Member
 
redrum801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj860 View Post

Go to the "I have a defective Sony TV" page on facebook. There is some good information there. Read through it and follow their direction. As Aztony mentioned, contact Sarah or Pat on facebook if your looking for a model they are not currently offering.

If your going the Facebook way don't bother asking for the 60NX720 , there all out and won't be getting anymore
redrum801 is offline  
post #14024 of 14278 Old 03-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Newbie
 
4byrookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just went through all the hassles with my KDS-55A2000 and found out I still had warranty through the 48 month sony care plan. Now my green tint tv will be replaced with a nice new KDL-55EX640 Internet TV. Will see how this works out as there are not many reviews out on this one yet!
4byrookie is offline  
post #14025 of 14278 Old 03-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Member
 
jkj860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In,USA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just received my new tv today. About a week and a half from the time I ordered it.
jkj860 is offline  
post #14026 of 14278 Old 03-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Member
 
redrum801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj860 View Post

Just received my new tv today. About a week and a half from the time I ordered it.

Did you end up getting the 55HX729 ? What you think of it so far ? , try out the 3d on it yet ? I got updated offer cause i bought a bulb this year , so now that you have 55 instead of the 60 , seem any different to you ? Lol sorry for all the questions but I'm having trouble deciding which set to get or go another route (brand) ......
redrum801 is offline  
post #14027 of 14278 Old 03-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Member
 
jkj860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In,USA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum801 View Post

Did you end up getting the 55HX729 ? What you think of it so far ? , try out the 3d on it yet ? I got updated offer cause i bought a bulb this year , so now that you have 55 instead of the 60 , seem any different to you ? Lol sorry for all the questions but I'm having trouble deciding which set to get or go another route (brand) ......

Yea I went with the 55HX729. Its really awesome! My wife really likes the picture and all so Im happy. I have not tried the 3d as I did not get the glasses yet. Not really a big thing for me, more of a bonus if I ever decide to use it. I do believe the specs on this tv make it a good choice. Its something to see what all we have been missing in the details from the old tv though. We were watching American Idol last night and we could see so much detail it was incredible. The sound does lack punch but is ok. I have it hooked up to my 7.1 pioneer surround so no problem. It connected to my wireless network very easy and there are a ton of apps preloaded. We mainly only use netflix though. The cool thing is we can view or listen to anything from my computers or Xboxs that I allow to share over my network. I tested The dark knight blueray dvd and put it in vivid mode and it was like they were in the same room with us. I dont notice much of a difference in the picture size going from 60" to 55" but the unit as a whole takes up less space.
jkj860 is offline  
post #14028 of 14278 Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Member
 
jkj860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In,USA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had replaced my bulb for the 4th time in sept of 2011 and noticed it was already going dim again. The bulb changes were coming faster every time. I could tell when I turned on the tv and it took longer for the screen to come on bright. I should of negotiated that cost in my deal. It was $140 for the last bulb.
jkj860 is offline  
post #14029 of 14278 Old 03-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Newbie
 
dbstrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My KDS-60A2000 seems to have transient color problems (sometimes they are more noticeable than others), mainly slight green-blob, green-tint. Also I have an occasional strobe/flicker problem on the whole screen.

My issue is not as clear-cut as some of the others posted here but I'm worried that it will just get worse. The TV was purchased at the end of 2006 and had the block and bulb replaced once.

Does this seem worth/worthy of pursuing a replacement claim?
dbstrat is offline  
post #14030 of 14278 Old 03-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Member
 
jkj860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In,USA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes I believe so. Mine was getting progressively worse as were the bulb changes.
jkj860 is offline  
post #14031 of 14278 Old 03-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Senior Member
 
aztony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Maricopa, AZ
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbstrat View Post

My KDS-60A2000 seems to have transient color problems (sometimes they are more noticeable than others), mainly slight green-blob, green-tint. Also I have an occasional strobe/flicker problem on the whole screen.

My issue is not as clear-cut as some of the others posted here but I'm worried that it will just get worse. The TV was purchased at the end of 2006 and had the block and bulb replaced once.

Does this seem worth/worthy of pursuing a replacement claim?

I agree with jkj. No harm in trying. I had the green tint problem and it got progressively worse as time went on. Contact Sarah Kepler on Facebook.
aztony is offline  
post #14032 of 14278 Old 03-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Member
 
redrum801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Going the Facebook route by far the best and easiest way , hardest part has been choosing which discounted tv to choose . If you have bought a bulb in the last year or had repair work done don't forget to mention it , they'll pro-rate it and discount tv even more ....
redrum801 is offline  
post #14033 of 14278 Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Member
 
jkj860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In,USA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This tv is awesome! I made the right choice.
jkj860 is offline  
post #14034 of 14278 Old 03-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Member
 
KillerBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The offered me the following to fix my Green glob issue on my KDS-60A2000 purchased in 2008.

KDL55BX520 for $575.00 + local sales tax
KDL60EX720 for $1375.00 + local sales tax

Which one should I choose?
KillerBox is offline  
post #14035 of 14278 Old 03-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Member
 
jkj860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In,USA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBox View Post

The offered me the following to fix my Green glob issue on my KDS-60A2000 purchased in 2008.

KDL55BX520 for $575.00 + local sales tax
KDL60EX720 for $1375.00 + local sales tax

Which one should I choose?

If cost is not a factor, then go with the ex720 if you are looking for a 60" only. It is wifi capable with the optional adapter, it is edge lit led, 3D capable, and uses the x-reality engine and motion flow 240hz. I think you will see a major improvement with either one though. Just go to the sony website and review all of them. If you see something else you might be interested in, just ask them if it is available and the cost. Do this on the facebook site though, and give them your event number. I got the same offers as you and ended up getting the kdl 55hx729 for $925. It has wifi built in, motion flow xr480hz, dual chip x-reality pro, and active 3D. Although it is 55", it is a better deal in my opinion than the ex720.
jkj860 is offline  
post #14036 of 14278 Old 03-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Member
 
KillerBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After calling doing the FaceBook thing with Sony and calling them again they gave me 2 more choices:

KDL55NX720 for $1000 + local sales tax
KDL55HX729 for $900 + local sales tax

Plus the original 2 choices of:
KDL55BX520 for $575.00 + local sales tax
KDL60EX720 for $1375.00 + local sales tax

Which one should I choose? The money difference is not that great so I just want the best TV for my money. And I don't know that much about them.

I would like a TV that has built in Wi-Fi with NetFlix and 3d. My room has a lot of sunlight too.

Replacing my KDS-60A2000 purchased in 2008.

Thanks for your help!
KillerBox is offline  
post #14037 of 14278 Old 03-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Member
 
redrum801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBox View Post

After calling doing the FaceBook thing with Sony and calling them again they gave me 2 more choices:

KDL55NX720 for $1000 + local sales tax
KDL55HX729 for $900 + local sales tax

Plus the original 2 choices of:
KDL55BX520 for $575.00 + local sales tax
KDL60EX720 for $1375.00 + local sales tax

Which one should I choose? The money difference is not that great so I just want the best TV for my money. And I don't know that much about them.

I would like a TV that has built in Wi-Fi with NetFlix and 3d. My room has a lot of sunlight too.

Replacing my KDS-60A2000 purchased in 2008.

Thanks for your help!

I'd say the HX729 , they also have the 2012 HX750 , I'm leaning towards the 750 as it claims to have a newer feature for 3d , waiting for a review to pop up somewhere though
redrum801 is offline  
post #14038 of 14278 Old 03-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Member
 
jkj860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In,USA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You can compare the different units here.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ormanceTabData
jkj860 is offline  
post #14039 of 14278 Old 03-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Member
 
jkj860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In,USA
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
jkj860 is offline  
post #14040 of 14278 Old 03-15-2012, 03:13 AM
Senior Member
 
aztony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Maricopa, AZ
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBox View Post

After calling doing the FaceBook thing with Sony and calling them again they gave me 2 more choices:

KDL55NX720 for $1000 + local sales tax
KDL55HX729 for $900 + local sales tax

Plus the original 2 choices of:
KDL55BX520 for $575.00 + local sales tax
KDL60EX720 for $1375.00 + local sales tax

Which one should I choose? The money difference is not that great so I just want the best TV for my money. And I don't know that much about them.

I would like a TV that has built in Wi-Fi with NetFlix and 3d. My room has a lot of sunlight too.

Replacing my KDS-60A2000 purchased in 2008.

Thanks for your help!

I think you can rule out the BX520 and the EX720 would be in third place, unless you really don't want go down to a 55". That leaves the other two models. I suggest you check out www.cnet.com for their reviews. The NX sets was one of their top choices last year.
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...re#reviewPage1
The good: The Sony KDL-NX720 series produces deeper black levels than any edge-lit LED-based TV we've tested. It evinces relatively accurate color, has a uniform screen for edge-lit LED, and can properly handle 1080p/24 sources. It has a beautiful, thin-profile exterior design with flush Gorilla Glass, it has built-in Wi-Fi, and its Internet suite includes numerous streaming services and widgets.
The bad: The expensive KDL-NX720 shows some blooming artifacts and crushes detail in shadows, and its image deteriorates more noticeably than usual when seen from off-angle. The design of its menu and Internet services is lackluster, and Sony does not include 3D glasses. Its 3D image is poor, with significant crosstalk, flicker when dejudder is turned off, and extreme intolerance to head tilt.
The bottom line: Albeit expensive and plagued by 3D image issues, the beautifully styled Sony KDL-NX720 has better picture quality than most other edge-lit LED-based LCD TVs.
aztony is offline  
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off