The Official Sony 2006 KDS-(XX)A2000 [NO PRICE TALK] SXRD Owner's Thread - Page 477 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #14281 of 14283 Old 10-28-2014, 03:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone - I am new owner of KDS-55A2000. The set has about 11.500 hours and partial yellow tint, so I am going to change blue panel in near future + cleaning. For now I changed blue gain in service menu to 190 and yellow is almost invisible in custom video mode.

My eyes can't stand plasma or LCD TV's so that is my only option to have big monitor for gaming and casual watching of video (except mine Epson EH-TW5200 projector for real movie experience ). Great TV for small money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majnu View Post
(...)
Does anyone know if there is a reset to default option or where I can find all the default values for the Service Menu option please?
Sony xxA2000 Menu Settings - Complete Listing.xls with all service data should help to You.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sony xxA2000 Menu Settings - Complete Listing.zip (75.2 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Kxtr73; 11-02-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: adding more information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14282 of 14283 Old 11-17-2014, 02:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
not sure what "no price talk" means in forum title. my kds-60A2000 is dying and i dont want to fool around with repairs. hard to move on for a hoarder like me, but....

does anybody have a good idea what to do with a set they are not going to keep? image is not yellow or blobby, just washed out and weird. all else (and cosmetically) is good. maybe there's a market for parts? it's not quite big enough to turn it into a secret door to a safe room.

any ideas appreciated, thx, kyle
post #14283 of 14283 Old 11-17-2014, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by merelyk View Post
(...) image is not yellow or blobby, just washed out and weird(...)
The set must be cleaned periodically inside as stated in user manual. Remove front panel (pictures in service manual) and clean mirror, projector lens and fresnel lens. It's rather easy but some time consumable process. I made it lately in my KDS 55A2000 which had blurred picture.
After cleaning looks like new.
read this post: Official Sony KDS-XXA3000 OWNERS THREAD!
other important info about mirror cleaning: Official 2005 Sony KDSR-50/60XBR1 SXRD Owner's Thread
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page