Owners ONLY thread - >>>KDS-A2000's<<< - Settings/Tweaks - Page 109 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3241 of 3250 Old 08-24-2013, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Are there any CMS controls in the service menu? For example I want to set the hue, saturation and brightness for RGBCYM separately. Or perhaps they may only be partial controls (like say just RGB hue and saturation) which would be better than no controls. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3250 Old 10-18-2013, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Last wk, I checked the bulb life and it was at 5500 hrs. Ironically on Tuesday, the bulb blew. Ordered a bulb that night thru eBay and by lunch today, the 60A2000 is up and running again. I plan to do a recalibtation with my DVE HD-DVD tonight. Hopefully, this HDTV will last until a 4K OLED can be found for under $1000. Interesting how cheap bulbs are now even tho this is pretty much a "dead" technology.smile.gif
post #3243 of 3250 Old 10-18-2013, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettwf View Post

Last wk, I checked the bulb life and it was at 5500 hrs. Ironically on Tuesday, the bulb blew. Ordered a bulb that night thru eBay and by lunch today, the 60A2000 is up and running again. I plan to do a recalibtation with my DVE HD-DVD tonight. Hopefully, this HDTV will last until a 4K OLED can be found for under $1000. Interesting how cheap bulbs are now even tho this is pretty much a "dead" technology.smile.gif

My 60" A2000 still has the original bulb in it...since 2006! Can you hear me knocking on wood? I've been running the fan on high for most of it's life though and attribute it to that. By the way, we watch a fair amount of TV.

Have a great weekend!
post #3244 of 3250 Old 10-20-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
Does anyone know how to turn off the Unsupported Audio Signal error that I get every time I tune to a Dolby Digital broadcast using an HDMI cable? I have tried Input 6 or 7, coming from a Direct TV HD DVR.EoRNcT I know that if I turn Dolby Digital off from the Satellite box I do not receive this error but I would obviously like to use that to receive DD through my Yamaha receiver. I have the HD DVR connected to the Yamaha with an optical cable for Audio, so I could care less about the TV speakers but the error is a little annoying. I have tried with the TV speakers on and off but still receive the error. I know this maybe a problem with the Direct TV HD DVR but just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar setup or issue. I received the 55" yesterday and have tried the CNET settings and bumped the color up just a little and use Auto 2 Iris settings in the day and Min at night. This if for the HDMI input coming from the HD DVR. Picture is much better on HD and SD than the GWIII it replaced. I am still working on the DVD 480p input over component... ThanksI was not able to get rid of the error because it had to do with my H10-250 box, but if you go to settings, setup, info banner - you can turn this to off and not see the error again. Of course, you still will not get sound through HDMI as long as this is a DD feed.

I was not able to get rid of the error because it had to do with my H10-250 box, but if you go to settings, setup, info banner - you can turn this to off and not see the error again. Of course, you still will not get sound through HDMI as long as this is a DD feed.

post #3245 of 3250 Old 10-20-2013, 05:20 PM

Picture much brighter and, surprisingly, only minor tweaks for PQ using the DVE HD-DVD. Probably could have left the settings alone.
post #3246 of 3250 Old 10-22-2013, 05:22 AM

I still get the message on mine when banner is turned off. Setup: DirecTV HD-DVR to Denon 2310 to Rocketfish wireless HDMI to Sony 60A2000.
post #3247 of 3250 Old 10-23-2013, 09:15 AM

In the service menu, get to the "WEM SERVICE" menu (should be a pair of Jump's after first getting into it). Then, navigate using 2 to the "108 sharp xspp_ccp.spf" menu. Then, use 1 to navigate up to "014 YFLR". On the HDMI input I was using (input 6), the default setting for this was 5. Setting it to 6 or 7 (using 3 on the remote) did the trick. Don't forget to write it with mute + enter when you're done. Note that you likely need to set this per input and possibly per resolution but I would warn you that different values look as though they might mean different things depending on the resolution / input - for example

post #3248 of 3250 Old 10-24-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onapthanh View Post

In the service menu, get to the "WEM SERVICE" menu (should be a pair of Jump's after first getting into it). Then, navigate using 2 to the "108 sharp xspp_ccp.spf" menu. Then, use 1 to navigate up to "014 YFLR". On the HDMI input I was using (input 6), the default setting for this was 5. Setting it to 6 or 7 (using 3 on the remote) did the trick. Don't forget to write it with mute + enter when you're done. Note that you likely need to set this per input and possibly per resolution but I would warn you that different values look as though they might mean different things depending on the resolution / input - for example

Is this a fix for the unsupported audio Message? If so what does the change actually do?
post #3249 of 3250 Old 04-04-2014, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Hey guys - I've had my KDS-A2000 for about 8 years now. I am an experienced calibrators and have kept the picture looking good. I had my first bulb warning a few months ago and change the bulb and recalibrated at that time. Everything looked fine.

Within the past couple weeks, however, I noticed the image was looking pretty green. Today I had some time to try calibrating it. To my surprise there was very little blue available on the low end. In fact, there was little blue at 50% and by the time I was down to about 30% there was no blue at all. 100% is perfectly balanced at D65. The only way I can get some blue back in the picture at say 30% is to crank in the service menu blue bias up to like 250+. Then I can get D65 at 30%, but the entire edges of the screen a blooming with blue. So that is not a fix.

Wondering whether it was the bulb, I put my other bulb back in and the problem is identical. Last I used that bulb it had a good calibration.

Therefore the conclusion I am drawing is that something has gone bad within the TV - a panel or something? Anyone familiar with this issue? If its something I need serviced I will just replace the TV at this point. But if there's something I can tweak or try fixing I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!!
post #3250 of 3250 Old 04-07-2014, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
There are hundreds of posts regarding the green issue. A good place to start is: http://www.avsforum.com/t/701578/the-official-sony-2006-kds-xx-a2000-no-price-talk-sxrd-owners-thread#post_8045525
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page