Closed Thread

post #1201 of 1220 Old 10-23-2006, 04:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum360
After I bought my XBR1 from another retailer I called Sony customer service and asked about getting the extended warranty. That is what I was told. Whether or not this is correct that's the information I was given. Feel free to call them yourself to confirm.
I bought my TV set from Circuit City and 9 months later I called Sony and got the same warranty they have listed on there web site for the same price. I don't recall them every asking where I bought it or if there was anything wrong with it? I know they where more concerned with the fact of when I had bought it. It's not like they asked for a copy of my receipt or anything. The tech did look at it but that was it, he never copied it or anything like that. So what I am saying is I guess there is no real way for them to know where you have gotten your TV set.

Max I do hear you though. Before I bought my TV set I called Sony's store and he did tell he did tell me that the Sony warranty was only good if you bought the set from them. I then called their 800 number twice and one person told me that I could the warranty any time I wanted up until the original one expired. Then the other told me that it had to be bought at the same time. So I called three times and got three different answers. But I did get my extended warranty without any hassle's when I finally got around to calling them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1220 Old 10-23-2006, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevea2be
I bought my TV set from Circuit City and 9 months later I called Sony and got the same warranty they have listed on there web site for the same price. I don't recall them every asking where I bought it or if there was anything wrong with it? I know they where more concerned with the fact of when I had bought it. It's not like they asked for a copy of my receipt or anything. The tech did look at it but that was it, he never copied it or anything like that. So what I am saying is I guess there is no real way for them to know where you have gotten your TV set.

Max I do hear you though. Before I bought my TV set I called Sony's store and he did tell he did tell me that the Sony warranty was only good if you bought the set from them. I then called their 800 number twice and one person told me that I could the warranty any time I wanted up until the original one expired. Then the other told me that it had to be bought at the same time. So I called three times and got three different answers. But I did get my extended warranty without any hassle's when I finally got around to calling them.
Gotta love that Sony service. Always in the know. :rolleyes:

I'm sure if I call them about that 1080p over vga that they're touting in the XBR2 manual I'll get a range of responses.

BTW, Belmont TV and DTVCenter just updated the prices for the 60" and 70" XBR2 on their website.

"Guns? Guns are easy."
post #1203 of 1220 Old 10-23-2006, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, after seeing the 46" XBR2 LCD at CC I am having second thoughts about an RP 60" XBR2 or A2000. I have no idea which to go with, any thoughts? I will be using it for gaming (480i to 1080p), Movies, and HDTV (Comcast). If it means anything I will not being connecting a computer to either tv
post #1204 of 1220 Old 10-23-2006, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydiplomat
early november like the 1st or the 4th, but still could be earlier

BB in hickory NC still dont have it in their system. however, i was there today and they are moving out alot of sets. the shelf which usually has 50" models was half empty and a couple of the ones that are on the floor (a 60" and 70"not sure brand) are gone only the stands remain. could be prepairing for new models.

curcit city still doesnt have a display model, but says they can order it.

Let the awe and mystery of a journey unlike any other begin
SharpLC70LE735U,SonyKDSR60XBR2,KlipschSynergyIII,PanasonicDMPDT210,Oppo981,DenonAVR683,Harmony880,MDN v3.2.0-5

post #1205 of 1220 Old 10-24-2006, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

FYI...... circuit city web site shows 60"in stock in winston salem. Hickory and salisbury out of stock

SharpLC70LE735U,SonyKDSR60XBR2,KlipschSynergyIII,PanasonicDMPDT210,Oppo981,DenonAVR683,Harmony880,MDN v3.2.0-5

post #1206 of 1220 Old 10-27-2006, 01:16 PM

finally my kds70xbr2 is in! now i have to drive home and wait for some help to move the old TV and put the new one in. and timewarner is coming later with my HD DVR box. w00t! =)
post #1207 of 1220 Old 10-27-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.B.
Folks, don't forget the more you buy the lower the price...
Not. This contradicts the laws of supply and demand.
post #1208 of 1220 Old 10-27-2006, 06:36 PM

Also posted on Owners Forum (but this thread is probably more appropriate)

Ultimate Electronics (local store in Vegas) was advertising for all Sony TV's, no interest no payments till 2009. When I inquired, they said it was a promotion Sony was having, but they still haven't updated their web site. I almost pulled the trigger, as they agreed to the price I asked for, but then they wanted to throw in their extended warrantee. I walked. Now I've got the same deal from RC Willey, but they ire verifying with Sony the 2009 No payments/interest Deal. We'll see. 26 months no payment no interest is worth a lot of money to me. Probably worth the difference from what I can get this tv over the internet as opposed to local.
post #1209 of 1220 Old 10-27-2006, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 911
Not. This contradicts the laws of supply and demand.
Not necessarily true either...economies of scale! :) Amortize those tooling costs over more units, and then the price drops.
post #1210 of 1220 Old 10-28-2006, 12:46 PM

would you pay an extra $350 for the 60" XBR2 v. the 60"A2000? Have we confirmed that the XBR2 comes with an extra lamp? If so, seems like I shoud get the XBR2. What do you think?
post #1211 of 1220 Old 10-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjim44
would you pay an extra $350 for the 60" XBR2 v. the 60"A2000? Have we confirmed that the XBR2 comes with an extra lamp? If so, seems like I shoud get the XBR2. What do you think?

The bulb life on the XBR2 is a lot shorter than the A2000 -- so I'd say that the bulb issue is a wash. For me, I bought the 70", so I had no choice.

Robbin
post #1212 of 1220 Old 10-29-2006, 11:00 AM

I'm looking at getting a KDS-R70XBR2 70" SXRD and I have a couple of questions.

1. I prefer watching SD stretched. I know many here are against this, but hey to each his own. At any rate, I went to the local CC, they only had A2000s on display, and I played with the stretch modes. Wide Zoom looked pretty good. Would it be safe to asume that the 70" XBR2 will use the same modes?

2. I keep hearing that the PQ is stunning on these sets, but when I went to CC today (again they only had the A2000s on display) the PQ was horrible in both SD and HD. Now they had the signal split between about 9 different displays from one cable box so I'm sure that this won't represent what I would see at home, but the image was a bit blurry and I could see pixel breakup while watching a football player walk across the field. He was only walking and I saw motion artifacts on the HD feed. Additionally the cable menus were blurry and had jaggies all over the place. I'm sure this is due to the fact that the signal was split and not inherent of the display, but can anyone ease my mind about this?
post #1213 of 1220 Old 10-29-2006, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob13654
I'm looking at getting a KDS-R70XBR2 70" SXRD and I have a couple of questions.

1. I prefer watching SD stretched. I know many here are against this, but hey to each his own. At any rate, I went to the local CC, they only had A2000s on display, and I played with the stretch modes. Wide Zoom looked pretty good. Would it be safe to asume that the 70" XBR2 will use the same modes?

2. I keep hearing that the PQ is stunning on these sets, but when I went to CC today (again they only had the A2000s on display) the PQ was horrible in both SD and HD. Now they had the signal split between about 9 different displays from one cable box so I'm sure that this won't represent what I would see at home, but the image was a bit blurry and I could see pixel breakup while watching a football player walk across the field. He was only walking and I saw motion artifacts on the HD feed. Additionally the cable menus were blurry and had jaggies all over the place. I'm sure this is due to the fact that the signal was split and not inherent of the display, but can anyone ease my mind about this?
1. yes the 70xbr2 uses the same modes. i have a wide zoom, full, normal mode on mine.

2. i watched my first HD football game on the TV since getting it last friday (go chargers!) and it looked great! i havent had any issues with the cable menus either. just make sure everything is set for HD output at the cable box, TV, receiver, etc.
post #1214 of 1220 Old 10-30-2006, 08:56 AM

I got a great quote from ABT Electronics. Should I feel safe ordering from them?

Thanks for the help!
post #1215 of 1220 Old 10-30-2006, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutter
BB in hickory NC still dont have it in their system. however, i was there today and they are moving out alot of sets. the shelf which usually has 50" models was half empty and a couple of the ones that are on the floor (a 60" and 70"not sure brand) are gone only the stands remain. could be prepairing for new models.

curcit city still doesnt have a display model, but says they can order it.
i don't know what the holdup is at BB stores, we typically get tvs a little later than other stores sometimes but this is a little ridiculous. the 60" is in the system, but only at magnolia stores where it will only be available. the dates keep getting pushed back further and further into november. i'm contacting the inventory manager in our area when i get a chance since i was interested in buying the tv myself. however, these setbacks are making me rethink what i want to buy
post #1216 of 1220 Old 10-30-2006, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydiplomat
the 60" is in the system, but only at magnolia stores where it will only be available.

say it aint so........60" will only be available at magnolia stores?

guess i'll B getting mine at circuit city.

post #1217 of 1220 Old 10-30-2006, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

I finally pulled the trigger on a 70" XBR2 at Magnolia! Got a good price and delivery is Saturday. Yee-ha! Thanks to everyone on this forum for their comments and help. It was painful and time consuming, but I think I made the right decision... at least I hope I did. After holding out for five years for my first HDTV I really hope this thing doesn't suck.

Time to find a stand...
post #1218 of 1220 Old 10-30-2006, 07:33 PM

Liked: 13
Hi do you mind pm me with the price of 70inch , How much did you pay I am looking to buy
Thanks and appreciate it
post #1219 of 1220 Old 11-01-2006, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

i originally posted this in the wrong thread. my intent was for it to go here. as i believe this is where i have expressed my trials and tribulations incurred in my search to actually see one of these sets at a store.

just got back from viewing the 60" at tweeter in Charlotte. indeed it is a beautiful set. i am by no means a videofile but i did make a few observances. first, i like the Dumbo ears, it makes the screen seem to float. the feed was HDNET from DTV. compared to the a2000 i believe the picture was a bit brighter and colors were slightly more vibrant. other than that i saw no difference. compared to a mits. (not sure of model#) much brighter, sharper and more vibrant colors. i observed no SSE and if there was any it definitely was not what i have seen before. inches from the screen i saw no pixel structure. the viewing angles of this set are great. standing up about eye level with the top of the screen approximately 10 feel back i only detected slight darkening at the lower corners. from side to side, by the time it started getting dark i was at such an angle that i wouldn't want to watch it anyways. i couldn't get low enough to notice any darkness. i ask him to show me some SD material, he changed something and said "this is an analog" feed. i have to say unless he really didn't change anything but the channel it looked as good as the HD. but i also felt like the HD should have been better. it just didn't have that pop that i have seen before and it was like that on all the sets. i did not tweak anything. this is the only set I've looked at the SWMBO said she really liked alot. he said they could deliver it free even though i am 60 miles away.
this may be my first HD set.

post #1220 of 1220 Old 11-01-2006, 09:32 PM

My Local RC Willey just confirmed this from Sony. It's still not listed on Sony's web site but supposedly it went into affect on Monday. For those of you considering purchasing from a local retailer, make sure you inquire about this.

I'm purchasing my 70 incher on Friday !!!
Closed Thread Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page