Samsung HLS-5679W LED DLP Owners Thread (*NO PRICE TALK) - Page 94 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2791 of 2946 Old 03-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Member
 
Theta_Division's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For anyone still having the problem with the horizontal flickering lines flooding the bottom half of the screen, replacing the DMD board definitely fixes the problem.

Luckily i managed to snatch a DMD board for cheap on Ebay. Swapping out the DMD board was relatively easy. However, after putting it back together I had to deal with re-aligning the image to the screen by moving around the DMD board. This part was not too difficult, but a little tedious. After all was said and done the picture looked as good as new.

I'm sure this was mentioned somewhere in this thread but the part number for the DMD board is: BP96-01599A.
Theta_Division is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2792 of 2946 Old 03-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Member
 
dawi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Palestine, Tx
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta_Division View Post

For anyone still having the problem with the horizontal flickering lines flooding the bottom half of the screen, replacing the DMD board definitely fixes the problem.

Luckily i managed to snatch a DMD board for cheap on Ebay. Swapping out the DMD board was relatively easy. However, after putting it back together I had to deal with re-aligning the image to the screen by moving around the DMD board. This part was not too difficult, but a little tedious. After all was said and done the picture looked as good as new.

I'm sure this was mentioned somewhere in this thread but the part number for the DMD board is: BP96-01599A.

This week I received and installed a manufacturer refurbished DMD board in my 5679. I bought it on eBay from Discount TV Parts. However, it was not listed by the BP96-01599A number which the repair manual designates. It was instead listed by part numbers
"BP94-02268A Constantine DMD Board BP41-00267A".
These numbers were an exact match for the numbers no my DMD circuit board...had to remove the metal sheild from the DMD assembly to see them.

This board fixed my problem which was similar to yours as described.

PS: I may have been bidding against you on ebay
dawi2 is offline  
post #2793 of 2946 Old 03-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Newbie
 
Double 607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So had my DLP Engine replaced under Samsung warranty and now a week later I am having problems with the left half of my tv going completely black. It will stop/fix it's self if I turn the tv off then back on. I contacted the repair technician who did the install a d he said to unplug the unit for twenty four hours so it could reset. Has anyone had this problem after replacing the DPL Engine? I have left it unplugged all weekend since I have been out of town.
Double 607 is offline  
post #2794 of 2946 Old 03-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Newbie
 
camaro.zz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You are probably talking about the LED light engine? I had to have mine replaced at about 2yrs old. I bought my set at Tweeters, also purchased the extended warrantee (5yr). On/Off cycle was repaired less than 12 months, then all the LEDs shorted less than 2 yrs old, tweeter service guy replaced the LED light engine, looked terrible, then half the screen went black, another light engine was installed, pic quality came back, still half the screen went black, right or left, every couple minutes, talked to Tweeter about replacement, they agreed, went bankrupt, no warning, before replacement came in, stuck with defective 5679, ext warrantee refused any more work on it, had to pay $2000 for 40" loaner that tweeter put on my card. YETCH!! I removed the back cover and pointed a fan, from the back, at the 2 small fans left of the speaker where all the copper tubing is at and the set worked OK for close to a year leaving the back off. then it went green. I GIVE UP!! Going to try calling ECR.
camaro.zz is offline  
post #2795 of 2946 Old 03-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Newbie
 
Double 607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so tried to unplug tv to let it reset lime the repair tech said. Worked fine for about a day and then once again the left side of the tv went black. Called tech and he said that most likely the DLP engine he replaced had a bad DMD board in it and that I would have to call Samsung. Called them and at first they didn't want to warranty it. But after complaining the transferred me to an ECS. They said they would extend my warranty another thirty days and send the tech out to replace the engine again. Hopefully this engine will not be defective.
Double 607 is offline  
post #2796 of 2946 Old 03-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mike_Stuewe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Avon, Ohio (Cleveland West Side)
Posts: 720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 607 View Post

Ok so tried to unplug tv to let it reset lime the repair tech said. Worked fine for about a day and then once again the left side of the tv went black. Called tech and he said that most likely the DLP engine he replaced had a bad DMD board in it and that I would have to call Samsung. Called them and at first they didn't want to warranty it. But after complaining the transferred me to an ECS. They said they would extend my warranty another thirty days and send the tech out to replace the engine again. Hopefully this engine will not be defective.

Hopefully it is defective and you get a free tv upgrade out of it
Mike_Stuewe is offline  
post #2797 of 2946 Old 03-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Member
 
Taokane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Count me in for splotchy green shades in dark areas. Damn near unwatchable. Had power supply caps redone a year or so ago. Blast, time to take the back off and start a hunt for other caps that might be bad. TV is about 4 years old.
Taokane is offline  
post #2798 of 2946 Old 03-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Newbie
 
Double 607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taokane View Post

Count me in for splotchy green shades in dark areas. Damn near unwatchable. Had power supply caps redone a year or so ago. Blast, time to take the back off and start a hunt for other caps that might be bad. TV is about 4 years old.

Does the picture look blurry almost like watercolor? It doesn't sound like you are having an issue with caps it sounds like your DMD board is bad. Call Samsung they have warrantied mine for the same problem
Double 607 is offline  
post #2799 of 2946 Old 03-26-2011, 07:51 AM
Member
 
Taokane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks, I'll call samsung. I suppose it's watercolor, not terribly blurry, just random blocky green patches in dark areas, like green banding. I've seen a few other people post a similar problem. Thanks for the help, was really hoping this would be something I could easily fix, but if it's a whole board probably not. Which one is the DMD board?
.
.
.
Yeah, so just called them, ECR, they said my TV is too old to warranty or cover. How did you folks get them to at least agree to cover the parts? Also, where is the DMD board located?
Taokane is offline  
post #2800 of 2946 Old 03-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Newbie
 
akeena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I finally received my exchange for my HLS-5679W. NO cost at all.
Samsung really made good on this bad DLP model for me.
Here is a link on Amazon for the TV they exchanged for me. As of March 26, still not available for retail sale yet.

My wife said that good things happen to good people. And I said, who you talking about B*%#tch. Just kidding. I hope others have the same luck as me...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The Samsung TV Guy
Who got a free TV from ECR
http://www.ipodoutfitter.com
akeena is offline  
post #2801 of 2946 Old 03-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Newbie
 
Double 607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taokane View Post

Thanks, I'll call samsung. I suppose it's watercolor, not terribly blurry, just random blocky green patches in dark areas, like green banding. I've seen a few other people post a similar problem. Thanks for the help, was really hoping this would be something I could easily fix, but if it's a whole board probably not. Which one is the DMD board?
.
.
.
Yeah, so just called them, ECR, they said my TV is too old to warranty or cover. How did you folks get them to at least agree to cover the parts? Also, where is the DMD board located?

The best thing to do it complain, complain, and complain some more. The DMD board is located somewhere in the DPL engine. Where on the engine I am not exactly sure. Look on YouTube there may be a video on how to remove and install it on there.
Double 607 is offline  
post #2802 of 2946 Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Member
 
Taokane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the advice Double 607. I've called the ECR 3 times now, and no dice. I'll try to pick up a DMD board and replace it myself. Hopefully this isn't too difficult a job, I've basic skills (did the power supply myself). I am banking on finding a DMD with a return policy just in case it doesn't work out. I've seen crazy price ranges for this part, from $190 up to over $500. Crazy stuff. I'll try searching youtube for a howto on replacing this part.
Taokane is offline  
post #2803 of 2946 Old 03-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Newbie
 
Double 607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taokane View Post

Thanks for the advice Double 607. I've called the ECR 3 times now, and no dice. I'll try to pick up a DMD board and replace it myself. Hopefully this isn't too difficult a job, I've basic skills (did the power supply myself). I am banking on finding a DMD with a return policy just in case it doesn't work out. I've seen crazy price ranges for this part, from $190 up to over $500. Crazy stuff. I'll try searching youtube for a howto on replacing this part.

When did you buy your tv? I bought mine in January of 07. Sucks that they will warranty mine and not yours.
Double 607 is offline  
post #2804 of 2946 Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Member
 
Taokane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Got mine Dec 2006, 1 month before you apparently. I wish I had your luck with the ECR but I guess it was just a step too far. Still haven't gotten around to ordering a DMD board.

4/1 update. Got my DMD board from Encompass today, will try to install over the weekend and document the process. It arrived without the DLP chip so I'm assuming I'll use my original one. Funny thing is I called Encompass to see how the core charge worked and they said they only ship to "businesses" so whatever. Anyway, I'm taking a gamble assuming that the DMD board will fix my issue (discoloration/watercolor/green blotches in dark areas) based purely only on this AVS thread. Led me right on the power supply, so here we go...

4/2 Update: Took about 2 hours and a couple of beers, but the DMD board swap fixed the problem. I got a little worried when i saw the "new" board was in fact refurbished, evident from dust and screw marks on it, but in everything turned out ok. Picture is back, it appears my settings/calibration were all saved and my tv is revived! I'll have to upload the pictures i took later on. Couple of observations; the DLP chip was making contact with the heatsink with tape (lame!) so I took that off and used good quality thermal grease, hopefully that doesn't hurt. Also, I've inspected my original DMD board and there's nothing visually that jumps out as the burnt or broken, but obviously that was it. I only wonder how long this fix will hold up....

Update: ran the tv for about an hour, and the right half (when facing the screen) turned black once. Stayed black until I turned the set off, and back on. Sweet /S
Taokane is offline  
post #2805 of 2946 Old 04-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Senior Member
 
kmp14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Taokane, I am looking forward to your pics and any tips you might have. My board comes Tuesday.

Did you find any videos on YouTube or other places for tips to install yours, or did you just "go for it"?
kmp14 is online now  
post #2806 of 2946 Old 04-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Newbie
 
joedivec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is this what your TV looked like? It just started this morning for me. I called Best Buy and they wanted $150 just to look at it. Our warranty expired last October. This TV has been nothing but trouble. Already had the Power Supply replaced, transistors replaced, and a whole new motherboard put in last February.

Don't want to spend a lot on a repair. I'd just get a new TV before dumping $500 into this one.

The picture really isn't that pink overall. Bad camera I guess. The problem is the left side of the screen where the green and pink shadows appear. The right side looks perfect.
LL
LL
LL
joedivec is offline  
post #2807 of 2946 Old 04-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Member
 
Taokane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
@KMP14 - Did not really find any videos to help me. Just this: http://simpletonpattern.blogspot.com...my-dlp-tv.html
Unfortunately the pdf with the instructions is no longer available.
@joedivec - yep, looks like DMD board for you too, $350ish if you do it yourself, double that if it's a shop that fixes it.
Here are the photos: http://imgur.com/a/TS6kU#oq5HR

a couple more pics: http://imgur.com/a/JXIaX#ixBQr

Like I said above, the board from encompass fixed the watercolor/banding issue - TV looks perfect! But now the tv has the randomly-turn-half-the-screen-black issue. Has happened twice in 48 hours, so I'll probably go back in, take the DMD board back out and ask encompass for a replacement.
Taokane is offline  
post #2808 of 2946 Old 04-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Senior Member
 
kmp14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taokane View Post

@KMP14 - Did not really find any videos to help me. Just this: http://simpletonpattern.blogspot.com...my-dlp-tv.html
Unfortunately the pdf with the instructions is no longer available.
@joedivec - yep, looks like DMD board for you too, $350ish if you do it yourself, double that if it's a shop that fixes it.
Here are the photos: http://imgur.com/a/TS6kU#oq5HR

a couple more pics: http://imgur.com/a/JXIaX#ixBQr

Like I said above, the board from encompass fixed the watercolor/banding issue - TV looks perfect! But now the tv has the randomly-turn-half-the-screen-black issue. Has happened twice in 48 hours, so I'll probably go back in, take the DMD board back out and ask encompass for a replacement.

Thanks for the great pics and tips in the comments of the pics. Really appreciate it!

I will let you know how my fix goes.
kmp14 is online now  
post #2809 of 2946 Old 04-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
 
kmp14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, this is a longshot, but it is worth asking.....

A while back I had the side holes open on my 5679, and I was cleaning the mirror. I realized that the lens had some dust on it, so I pointed the duster it the lens and wiped...and then realized that the dusting the lens resulted in what looked like a smearing, or a film was left on the lens. The pic looked fine after that, except that I had a uneasy feeling that it may not have been quite as sharp as it was.

Long story short, I am worried I messed up the lens a bit. I am wondering if there is a known/recommended way to clean the lens? With my replacement DMD board coming tomorrow, I figure I will have it out and have easy access.

I now realize the best approach is probably NOT TO TOUCH IT, but too late for me now! So while I have it out, does anyone have a recommendation on how to clean it?
kmp14 is online now  
post #2810 of 2946 Old 04-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Member
 
DVDboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought my HL-S5679W in Dec, '08. Gorgeous picture. Jaw-dropping. I specifically bragged to everyone I knew about how the LED would last me about 10 years...and there certainly shouldn't be any problems other than that right? Samsung was a known 'quality' manufacturer, right?

Well, about a week ago, the set started doing some on-off cycling for a minute or two when turned on, then would settle down. Sound familiar? Then Sat. night, it wouldn't turn on at all, just did the blinking thing that would first indicate it had cooling fan problems, then it would change to the blinking pattern that indicated an LED problem. Well, I took the lower back off to see if fans were dirty and/or clogged stuck, but the inside of this set was as clean as Grandma's best dinnerware. Fans moved freely, too.

Called the Samsung lawsuit line today. I was told that since my TV was built in '07 (even though I bought it at the end of '08). They wouldn't give me a temp 30-day warranty coverage. Basically, "we choose not to acknowledge you, but have a nice day".

So - I'm at the point of trying to decide whether to call a serviceman out on my total dime (and throw more good money after bad on this POS) or just drag it to the curb and plunk down another 1200 - 1500 on a new one of some kind.

Anybody got any thoughts here on the direction I should take?

Guess I'll be watching the NCAA Final tonight on my 22" bedroom TV. But, I'm not bitter.
DVDboy is offline  
post #2811 of 2946 Old 04-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Member
 
Taokane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
DVDboy, sounds like you have the power supply issue. I recommend you order a new power supply, that's an easy fix that just about anyone can do. If you do decide to scrap the tv I might take some parts off ya.
Taokane is offline  
post #2812 of 2946 Old 04-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
ChuckF.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp14 View Post

Ok, this is a longshot, but it is worth asking.....

A while back I had the side holes open on my 5679, and I was cleaning the mirror. I realized that the lens had some dust on it, so I pointed the duster it the lens and wiped...and then realized that the dusting the lens resulted in what looked like a smearing, or a film was left on the lens. The pic looked fine after that, except that I had a uneasy feeling that it may not have been quite as sharp as it was.

Long story short, I am worried I messed up the lens a bit. I am wondering if there is a known/recommended way to clean the lens? With my replacement DMD board coming tomorrow, I figure I will have it out and have easy access.

I now realize the best approach is probably NOT TO TOUCH IT, but too late for me now! So while I have it out, does anyone have a recommendation on how to clean it?

Soft cotton cloth, a few drops of distilled water. Gently wipe the lens and dry it with a dry part of the cloth.
ChuckF. is offline  
post #2813 of 2946 Old 04-06-2011, 04:34 AM
Member
 
DVDboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taokane View Post

DVDboy, sounds like you have the power supply issue. I recommend you order a new power supply, that's an easy fix that just about anyone can do. If you do decide to scrap the tv I might take some parts off ya.


What parts do you want? What are you willing to offer for them? This thing's going to the curb next Tuesday.
DVDboy is offline  
post #2814 of 2946 Old 04-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Senior Member
 
kmp14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF. View Post

Soft cotton cloth, a few drops of distilled water. Gently wipe the lens and dry it with a dry part of the cloth.

Thanks Chuck! Worked like a charm. Lens looks clean after a little distilled water. Great tip.
kmp14 is online now  
post #2815 of 2946 Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Senior Member
 
kmp14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taokane View Post

@KMP14 - Did not really find any videos to help me. Just this: http://simpletonpattern.blogspot.com...my-dlp-tv.html
Unfortunately the pdf with the instructions is no longer available.
@joedivec - yep, looks like DMD board for you too, $350ish if you do it yourself, double that if it's a shop that fixes it.
Here are the photos: http://imgur.com/a/TS6kU#oq5HR

a couple more pics: http://imgur.com/a/JXIaX#ixBQr

Like I said above, the board from encompass fixed the watercolor/banding issue - TV looks perfect! But now the tv has the randomly-turn-half-the-screen-black issue. Has happened twice in 48 hours, so I'll probably go back in, take the DMD board back out and ask encompass for a replacement.

Taokane, your instructions rocked. My TV is back up and running. I fear I may have messed up the repair without your guide. Thanks!
kmp14 is online now  
post #2816 of 2946 Old 04-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Newbie
 
ahmosea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HI, I've been reading the posts about having Samsung cover the TV for repairs or have them replace it. Who do I need to call to get the ball rolling on this issue. What # do I call and how do I approach this in a appropriate manner. I have the issue with the screen looking zoomed in and its split. The color is completely off and looks like I have 2 screens sometimes. I tried to get into service mode but once I get in it turns the TV off shortly after. I've tried replacing the main input digital board and replacing the caps on the power board but still no luck. The TV has lines in it at times and freezes on other times. Please help.
ahmosea is offline  
post #2817 of 2946 Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Newbie
 
Double 607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so Samsung sent out another tech last week to replace the DLP engine again. Tv worked great for about two days and once again the left side of the tv goes black randomly. Called Samsung tonight and since I am still under the thirty day warranty and this is the third time they have come out in a month and a half they have decided it would be best to go with a replacement. They are suppose to call me back within 48 hours to confirm. I will keep you posted on what they say. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one!
Double 607 is offline  
post #2818 of 2946 Old 04-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Member
 
hackztor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
dont cross your fingers. They will not replace it with the same model as they do not make it anymore. They will offer u max of a 55 inch lcd. If you want an led they try to add on 800 dollars. Pretty sad. They tried offering me crap and I told them I would rather have this tv and live with the loud poping sound that the casing makes.
hackztor is offline  
post #2819 of 2946 Old 05-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Newbie
 
Cypher04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After much deliberation I've decided to part ways with my 5679w. If there is anybody out there that would like some parts, I'm willing to sell them cheap.

The only issue the TV has is the green sometimes blue and magenta blotches it gets. From the research I've seen already done on this forum and other sites it looks like it needs a DMD board.

As for the parts that are good:
I replaced the power supply 2 years ago. Plus I still have the original board and some caps I purchased with the intention to repair it myself.

The remote is brand new and has never been used. I've been using a Harmony remote from day 1.

As far as I know everything else is good with the exception of the DMD board. If anybody is interested give me an offer. I'll ship anywhere in the US as long as your willing to pay for it.
Cypher04 is offline  
post #2820 of 2946 Old 05-03-2011, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Wesley Hester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Selma, Alabama, USA
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was pretty much in the exact same boat a month ago down to even having a bag of replacement caps. I gave the HDTV, service manual, power cable, remote, paper work, caps, etc. to the delivery guys of my new Mitsubishi. It will hopefully be nice not having to go inside of it for anything. I will have to replace the lamp but that should be much easier than replacing boards or caps.
Wesley Hester is offline  
Reply Rear Projection Units



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off