6th Avenue just left, taking the old FH96 and installing the FH97. No issues with packaging (as noted in some other post); made all my connections, and turned on the set...
SMOKE STARTED COMING OUT OF THE TOP!
It was stunning - somewhat better than the FH96. I watched a few high-def channels off of my Sci Atla. 8300 box (Cablevision is the provider). The set comes defaulted to the Dynamic setting. I switched to standard and did some quick tweaks - will do a full calbration later.
- SSE is less noticeable on this set than the 96
- Color/brightness is outstanding - great uniformity
- Minor mpeg artifacting is from lovely Cablevision, as it's exhibited on all my sets (plasma, LCD, etc).
- On screen controls are as lame before - there is an IRIS control, which I have not yet read about but will tonight.
- SD is decent, but I think any 70" set is going to reveal the uglier side of SD, esepcially from Cablevision...but for me, this will be an HD only room, and HD was wonderful
Will check out some HD-DVD and Blu Ray later.
Wanted to post something quick
And so far, I don't see any smudge issue (thanks goodness)