2007 Mitsubishi 732 series Owner's Thread (57732, 65732, 73732) - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

I'm another lurker-non-poster, and I have a PQ question. Going to BB CC and other shops, the only set I've seen has been the 65731. We have one highend shop here in Spokane --it's the brickNmorter of what you guys know to be the internet dealer 1call (spelled incorrectly --what's with the ****?) and even they don't have their 732s up for display. What I want to know is this. When I look at the 731 compared to the sxrd, the sets look very comparable until there is movement. The feed showed a football game, and as the camera panned across the field and bleachers, the image kind of dragged and blurred along until the image motion slowed down. Is high motion a problem on these sets?

The other thing was when I got the salesman to plug a regular DVD (house of flying daggers) into an upscale player, the PQ was less good on the 731 than it was on the sxrd. (we moved the player around --the sales guy loved moving the big sets around) I know that a set can only display as good as the feed --but why did the Sony look better?

Ok, I'm not wanting to be negative about the Mits. It's awesome brilliant, accurate color and sharpness is what caught my attention in the first place. I wouldn't consider a green-glob machine because 1) I'm not made of money and couldn't replace it when it inevitably goes bad 2) It's images were more colorful and bright than they were natural. And all darkish areas turned to homogenous ink. This is the biggest reason I've waited for the arrival of the 732 the glorious dark detailer Mmmmm dark detailer.....

I'm not ready to purchase a $1000 blueray and most of the set's use will be with my standard dvds and rentals for movie night (I don't have cable or anything -I watch very little television). Is this the set for me? Is there anything I can do to reduce the "mouse teeth" of a moving image, or is this just something you have to live with in a non-CRT type set?

Ok, thanks in advance for your time in reading this and any input you can offer.

Seakane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 12:15 PM

In the market for a new dlp. I am settled on picking either the 57732 or Sammy 5687. There has been alot of talk from Sammy owners about alot of motion blur on the 1080p sets. Mostly when watching sports or action type movies.
Any experiences like this from you Mits. 1080p owners?

Dan
post #363 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk1186 View Post

Must turn up the volume, got it. Do you hear a buzz and a fan noise? When I shut the unit down I hear one thing shut down then another. Normal?

Yes, my set when you turn it on you hear a high pitch squeal then a buzz and then fan noise. It is the only thing that really bothers me.....anyone else having this issue?

"I AM WE TODD IT....I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT." -Albert Einstein
post #364 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcrkr View Post

Nice. With the light shining on the TV speakers is almost looks as if it matches your home speakers.

Thanks I got very lucky.

post #365 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangedup View Post

Yes, my set when you turn it on you hear a high pitch squeal then a buzz and then fan noise. It is the only thing that really bothers me.....anyone else having this issue?

You could just have hyper-sensitive hearing or there could be a problem with the fan. The fan runs (or seems to run) continuously until the lamp cools down, much as does the fan in a projector. I can hear the fan (barely) in my 65732 when it first starts up, but at that moment there's no audio coming out of the speakers. Once the sound is on, even set fairly low, I cannot hear the fan.

If you can hear it above the speaker audio then there's a problem.

The PAY TV industry does not hold the patent on poor customer relations, but Comcast in particular has succeeded in making an art form of it.

post #366 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan711 View Post

In the market for a new dlp. I am settled on picking either the 57732 or Sammy 5687. There has been alot of talk from Sammy owners about alot of motion blur on the 1080p sets. Mostly when watching sports or action type movies.
Any experiences like this from you Mits. 1080p owners?

Dan

I've not seen it on my Mits 65732 and as picky as this group is trust that if others were seeing it that they'd be howling.

What program material are these people watching? HD sports? HD Sports on the Mits 65732 is nothing short of magnificent.

The PAY TV industry does not hold the patent on poor customer relations, but Comcast in particular has succeeded in making an art form of it.

post #367 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seakane View Post

...When I look at the 731 compared to the sxrd, the sets look very comparable until there is movement. The feed showed a football game, and as the camera panned across the field and bleachers, the image kind of dragged and blurred along until the image motion slowed down.

I have not seen what you describe on my 732.

Quote:

The other thing was when I got the salesman to plug a regular DVD (house of flying daggers) into an upscale player, the PQ was less good on the 731 than it was on the sxrd. (we moved the player around --the sales guy loved moving the big sets around) I know that a set can only display as good as the feed --but why did the Sony look better?

Was the DVD player originally plugged into the Sony? If it was, then there's a good chance the Sony was calibrated to the DVD player. Did you calibrate the DVD player to the Mits at all or just plug it in? It's not a valid or good test of PQ of the Mits if you didn't calibrate it to the DVD player.
post #368 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangedup View Post

I can only hear the fan if i put my ear to the vent, and then the wind noise is more noticeable than the fan motor.
post #369 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

I'm another lurker-non-poster, and I have a PQ question. Going to BB CC and other shops, the only set I've seen has been the 65731. We have one highend shop here in Spokane --it's the brickNmorter of what you guys know to be the internet dealer 1call (spelled incorrectly --what's with the ****?) and even they don't have their 732s up for display. What I want to know is this. When I look at the 731 compared to the sxrd, the sets look very comparable until there is movement. The feed showed a football game, and as the camera panned across the field and bleachers, the image kind of dragged and blurred along until the image motion slowed down. Is high motion a problem on these sets?

I haven't noticed this either. Using the Motorola HD box (DCT6200) as our source.
post #370 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Preshoot View Post

I've not seen it on my Mits 65732 and as picky as this group is trust that if others were seeing it that they'd be howling.

What program material are these people watching? HD sports? HD Sports on the Mits 65732 is nothing short of magnificent.

This is one of a few people having the problem. It may just be isolated to just a few people. Problem could be cables or particular satelite company.

(Everything I watch is suffering from motion blur. ESPNHD, ESPN2HD, TNTHD, even Discovery HD Theater (MAN IS Discovery Atlas Amazing) but yea every HD show I watch is so bad when things move. The true problem is when the camera moves TONS of blur. When the camera stays still it is great but when it moves it sucks )
post #371 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

someone post their settings please
post #372 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos1965 View Post

Settings for what? Generally one person's settings won't apply to the next. What equipment are you pairing with the Mitsu?
post #373 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

a dish network 622 HDTV receiver,XBOX 360 and AHD DVD player
post #374 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This is one of a few people having the problem. It may just be isolated to just a few people. Problem could be cables or particular satelite company.

(Everything I watch is suffering from motion blur. ESPNHD, ESPN2HD, TNTHD, even Discovery HD Theater (MAN IS Discovery Atlas Amazing) but yea every HD show I watch is so bad when things move. The true problem is when the camera moves TONS of blur. When the camera stays still it is great but when it moves it sucks )

Sounds like an aberration unique to the one user all right. No one else has mentioned anythig. I use DirecTV with the H20 HD receiver, HDMI input. Their MPEG-4 compressed locals aren't as clear as it is OTA, but no motion probs at all

post #375 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos1965 View Post

Go see post #42 in this same thread, back around page 2. That should get you started. Just remember, what works for one may not work for all. Still it's a starting point.

post #376 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 07:31 PM

Quote:

You could just have hyper-sensitive hearing or there could be a problem with the fan. The fan runs (or seems to run) continuously until the lamp cools down, much as does the fan in a projector. I can hear the fan (barely) in my 65732 when it first starts up, but at that moment there's no audio coming out of the speakers. Once the sound is on, even set fairly low, I cannot hear the fan.

I can hear the fan which is not a problem, which upon start up it louder for a sec and then is very low noise. It is the other high pitched buzzing that gets me, I assume it could be the color wheel? With the sound off, it is easily noticable. Maybe I will call a tech out and see....
post #377 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 08:25 PM

A couple pics of my 65732.
LL
LL
post #378 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Urker View Post

Troll!
Yet again it (predictably) didn't take you long to move once again use the Mits 2007 DLP threads to take a few jabs at the SXRD in your (now trademark and predictable) style.
P.S. Be sure to say Hi to hdtme, pazzcode, tranzixter, jjsmithin and your 20+ other SXRD-bashing aliases.

Wow...can you say "pot calling the kettle black?" l urker??? (so cute) quite the substantive post; great insight and a true value to the thread. Have something of MERIT to offer? then DO IT, otherwise go take your pot shots someplace else.
post #379 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 PM

Setup my new DW-Y57. Wow! But I ran into trouble when using my Xbox (standard model). The menu screen works great (480i), but when the game is loaded and is playing in 480P, the screen skips with horizontal lines. The Mitsu manual seams to suggest it is trying to convert the 'low quality' signal. Anyone else have or solve this problem?

Yes, using HD component cables from Xbox to TV

Troubled new owner...
post #380 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 09:59 PM

Hello I'm going to sell my toshiba 62hm95 and was wondering if the mitsu 65732 is the best dlp out there?
post #381 of 2650 Old 09-28-2006, 10:34 PM

I SOLVED MY HTPC OVERSCAN WITH 1:1 for 1080p on my 65732!!!!

Go to this thread to see what I did
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=729854

2000 watts of power and climbing
post #382 of 2650 Old 09-29-2006, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionxOrb View Post

I SOLVED MY HTPC OVERSCAN WITH 1:1 for 1080p on my 65732!!!!

Go to this thread to see what I did
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=729854

except for when you watch HDTV recordings you are just letting your PC do the resampling (and thus not true 1:1 mapping of the original video).

the overscan is NOT a problem on the computer side, its a problem on the TV side. the problem being TV companies think HDTV's require overscan, when they don't, and according to the HDTV specs are not supposed to have it at all.
post #383 of 2650 Old 09-29-2006, 07:42 AM

Quote:

Ok, so you guys think that this is just the quality of the feed into the Mits @ BB? Using properly calibrated components you're not seeing this motion blur when the camera moves? I wish our local shop would set up the 732 and show us what it /can/ do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendSetterX View Post

I have not seen what you describe on my 732.

Was the DVD player originally plugged into the Sony? If it was, then there's a good chance the Sony was calibrated to the DVD player. Did you calibrate the DVD player to the Mits at all or just plug it in? It's not a valid or good test of PQ of the Mits if you didn't calibrate it to the DVD player.

The DVD player was snatched off the shelf. It hadn't been plugged into either set prior. I'd suppose that it's default settings might have better aligned with the needs of the Sony though.

So again, you're saying that I shouldn't be seeing any motion blur or artifact when the camera moves? Is it possible to have a good movie watching experience with a standard DVD (say like Lord of the Rings or Spiderman) if I have the right DVD player and have it set up right, or is some motion blur inherant in these things and I'm wrong in comparing it to my weak-sauce 23" CRT set?

Thanks for you patience guys. Since I haven't been able to see one of these sets in person, I'm using you as my eyes and ears
post #384 of 2650 Old 09-29-2006, 08:26 AM

Quote:

Ok, so you guys think that this is just the quality of the feed into the Mits @ BB? Using properly calibrated components you're not seeing this motion blur when the camera moves? I wish our local shop would set up the 732 and show us what it /can/ do.

The DVD player was snatched off the shelf. It hadn't been plugged into either set prior. I'd suppose that it's default settings might have better aligned with the needs of the Sony though.

So again, you're saying that I shouldn't be seeing any motion blur or artifact when the camera moves? Is it possible to have a good movie watching experience with a standard DVD (say like Lord of the Rings or Spiderman) if I have the right DVD player and have it set up right, or is some motion blur inherant in these things and I'm wrong in comparing it to my weak-sauce 23" CRT set?

Thanks for you patience guys. Since I haven't been able to see one of these sets in person, I'm using you as my eyes and ears

Up to last years models I say motion blur,,,,especially watching football. But not a problem on these new 2007 732s. I have been aware of motion blue and looking for it for a long team even at the movie theater, where it also exists when watching a 35mm movie. The blur on the 732 is no worse then observed while watching a big screen theatrical movie.
post #385 of 2650 Old 09-29-2006, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastashake View Post

Hello I'm going to sell my toshiba 62hm95 and was wondering if the mitsu 65732 is the best dlp out there?

no only the best DLP, but the best RPTV.....PERIOD! That includes the LCD and defective SXRD technologies.
post #386 of 2650 Old 09-29-2006, 09:00 AM

My one local dealer will not budge off MSRP, so I am driving two hours tonight to pick up a WD-57732 for $700 off. Is it OK to transport the TV laying on it's side? Or do I need to use a vehicle that will allow me to have it standing up at all times?
post #387 of 2650 Old 09-29-2006, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemania View Post

My one local dealer will not budge off MSRP, so I am driving two hours tonight to pick up a WD-57732 for $700 off. Is it OK to transport the TV laying on it's side? Or do I need to use a vehicle that will allow me to have it standing up at all times?

That dealer is so stupid and doesn't deserve your business.

I would go to HomeDepot and rent their truck by the hour so that you can transport it sitting upright. I did that and it costs me 45 bucks.
post #388 of 2650 Old 09-29-2006, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemania View Post

need to stand it up at all times...
post #389 of 2650 Old 09-29-2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by largdiag View Post

no only the best DLP, but the best RPTV.....PERIOD! That includes the LCD and defective SXRD technologies.

I want to like DLP's. Really I do. Got the conttrast ratios and the instant response. Response tend to be the achilles heal for sets with me. But damn you have to be looking RIGHT at the thing. No angles to the side, not up or down. RIGHT AT IT. The mitsubishi in the store was improved. But still pretty finicky. It seems a properly tuned SXRD could compete without that level of nonsense. I mean it's pretty unreal how bad they are at it.
post #390 of 2650 Old 09-29-2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:

I quess I will have my local service provider look at it then. Thanks for the info.

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page