2007 Mitsubishi 732 series Owner's Thread (57732, 65732, 73732) - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 2652 Old 10-08-2006, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Check your private messages Jimmy. I just sent you some contact info.

The PAY TV industry does not hold the patent on poor customer relations, but Comcast in particular has succeeded in making an art form of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2652 Old 10-09-2006, 08:39 AM

Liked: 10
I got to spend some dedicated time to observe overall picture quality and issues this past weekend both with DVD and HD sources on my 732. During HD NFL games, on CBS and Fox I notice the that during close up shots of players jumping or running and jumping there was a noticeable pixelation of the sort I have not seen before. It was not moire or rainbow effect but was rather an area of pixelation located in the center of the screen that tended to have a bright silver like sheen. It lasts less than a second. It seemed to occur more on replays with tight shots of the action although it did happen on tight shots of "live" action as well. Anyone know what this is? Do other manufactures DLP's have similar issues?

Thanks for any information.

JustPassinThru
post #543 of 2652 Old 10-09-2006, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassinthru View Post

I got to spend some dedicated time to observe overall picture quality and issues this past weekend both with DVD and HD sources on my 732. During HD NFL games, on CBS and Fox I notice the that during close up shots of players jumping or running and jumping there was a noticeable pixelation of the sort I have not seen before. It was not moire or rainbow effect but was rather an area of pixelation located in the center of the screen that tended to have a bright silver like sheen. It lasts less than a second. It seemed to occur more on replays with tight shots of the action although it did happen on tight shots of "live" action as well. Anyone know what this is? Do other manufactures DLP's have similar issues?

Thanks for any information.

It is a function of the broadcast, not a problem with your tv.
post #544 of 2652 Old 10-09-2006, 10:43 AM

I am posting around on an issue that is bugging me on those new mitsuibishi.

Can you guys assess the heat that the unit is producing ?
I have a 54631 (with 150W bulb) and I am not really happy with that.

I haven't pulled out a thermometer yet, but to make it simple, I have a constant significant warm draft coming from the left side of the unit (which is where the fan is). I can still put my hand on it, it is not burning but it is a constant draft that really dissipates a LOT of heat....

How about you ?
post #545 of 2652 Old 10-09-2006, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gababa2001 View Post

I haven't pulled out a thermometer yet, but to make it simple, I have a constant significant warm draft coming from the left side of the unit (which is where the fan is). I can still put my hand on it, it is not burning but it is a constant draft that really dissipates a LOT of heat....

How about you ?

It's a high intensity 150-watt lamp. What would you suggest they do with the heat besides exhaust it out the back? It's got to go somewhere.

The PAY TV industry does not hold the patent on poor customer relations, but Comcast in particular has succeeded in making an art form of it.

post #546 of 2652 Old 10-09-2006, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How about you ?

This is an issue with all rear projection TV
post #547 of 2652 Old 10-09-2006, 12:18 PM

True true Heat has to go somewhere. 150W times 6 ....OK I guess it is normal.

Man we are not ready to help the climate change problem with those nice little pieces of equipment . I know, I know , it is another issue but we are all part of the problem !
post #548 of 2652 Old 10-09-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:

True true Heat has to go somewhere. 150W times 6 ....OK I guess it is normal.

Man we are not ready to help the climate change problem with those nice little pieces of equipment . I know, I know , it is another issue but we are all part of the problem !

Please!! Back in 1974 these was a certainty that the next Ice Age was immeniment. I can't post the URL of the article from Time magazine, but Google for "Another Ice Age? Monday, Jun 24, 1974" and you will find the link. If anyone wants it I can also via a private note.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programing.

JustPassinThru
post #549 of 2652 Old 10-09-2006, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyMeister View Post

This is an issue with all rear projection TV

You think RPTV runs hot? Check out the equivalent size Plasma. You can heat your living room with it.

Dunno how LCD compares.

post #550 of 2652 Old 10-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the 57732 and Costco has the best price (without shipping) and their satisfaction guarantee can't be beat. I rarely need to return any major purchase, but anything less than five (5) years of trouble-free operation and one lamp change and it's back to the store for a full refund.

Anyway, I've been calling around trying to find one of these in store, but so far nothing. Has anyone spotted any of the XX732s in any of their warehouse locations?

Thanks...
post #551 of 2652 Old 10-09-2006, 06:53 PM

Hey...the more heat the better for me...maybe my heating bill will go down .
post #552 of 2652 Old 10-09-2006, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

More heat flowing out means less staying in the set heating the light engine, electronics, and optics. That seems like a good thing.

Yes, calibration is important...every user should be calibrated.

Need electronics repair? A great place to start looking for a shop in your area: http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
post #553 of 2652 Old 10-10-2006, 03:01 AM
Advanced Member

Hi, im new, Do these displays come with HDMI 1.3 yet? thnx.
post #554 of 2652 Old 10-10-2006, 07:34 AM

Yeah!!! I just got the call and it seems like Tweeter is going to come out tomorrow with my new 57732. Excellent! Can't wait. I do have a question though. How is the NetCommand feature on the 57732 compared to a Harmony remote? I have a Harmony that I use now, but it keeps eating batteries. I was going to replace it with a rechargable Harmony. But, If NetCommand is better, or serviceable, I may just use that instead.

Thanx.

Fred

We Are.............PENN STATE!!!
post #555 of 2652 Old 10-10-2006, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang1 View Post

Hi, im new, Do these displays come with HDMI 1.3 yet? thnx.

HDMI 1.1

1.3 wasn't even released yet when the Mits TVs started shipping.

post #556 of 2652 Old 10-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

ok thnx alot

Just got the 65 inch today, connected my pc to it through dvi, wow, im amazed was watching 1080p movie. but i was lurking on this forum and someone got their tv correctly set up for some $$$. Im not too sure on to use those dvd's that help you fix it up. But i sure wouldnt mind someone doing it for me. anyone out in Los Angeles that does this give me a pm. Amazing tv i cant imagine how better hdmi 1.3 will be. I will get one of those also.
post #557 of 2652 Old 10-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member

I just went through ONE NEW 61 inch Samsung (Bending and a black area) AND TWO NEW 57732 models, because one has a dark blemish in the upper middle, and the other starts to flicker/shudder after it warms up.

DLP tech seems very unreliable and is downright crappy IMO
post #558 of 2652 Old 10-10-2006, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Preshoot View Post

HDMI 1.1

1.3 wasn't even released yet when the Mits TVs started shipping.

At the Mitsubishi Road Show, Mitsubishi said it had HDMI 1.2

"I AM WE TODD IT....I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT." -Albert Einstein
post #559 of 2652 Old 10-10-2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarrior View Post

I just went through ONE NEW 61 inch Samsung (Bending and a black area) AND TWO NEW 57732 models, because one has a dark blemish in the upper middle, and the other starts to flicker/shudder after it warms up.

Stay with CRT Tubes and you will have nothing to worry about. You just cannot get anything bigger than 34" 16 x 9.

post #560 of 2652 Old 10-10-2006, 06:51 PM

Quote:

How about you ?

75% or more of the energy given off a lamp is heat not light.

post #561 of 2652 Old 10-11-2006, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarrior View Post

All in brand-new, factory sealed original cartons or were they out-of-box sets of unknown condition (poss. customer returns)? It's always possible to get a bad one, but with your luck I'd be mindful of any dark clouds. You could be hit by lightning next.

post #562 of 2652 Old 10-11-2006, 04:29 PM

Are the new Mitsubishi's NOT coming with stands? I'm looking to get the WD-73732, but I may have to reconsider if I have to pay an additional $400.00 for a stand! When I got my old WD-65869 in '02 (which is currently on Ebay), it came bundled with the stand.

Also, does anyone know any great places in the tri-state area, but outside of NY to get a new Mitsu? I've run the Google check upside down and backwards, and the best prices seem to be in NY. However, as I live in NY, the price goes up $300.00 in taxes plus an additional $300.00 in shipping fees (which of course negates the great prices.)
post #563 of 2652 Old 10-11-2006, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Can't speak for the 73-inchers, but my 57732 didn't come with a stand.
post #564 of 2652 Old 10-11-2006, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesithempire View Post

Are the new Mitsubishi's NOT coming with stands? I'm looking to get the WD-73732, but I may have to reconsider if I have to pay an additional $400.00 for a stand! When I got my old WD-65869 in '02 (which is currently on Ebay), it came bundled with the stand.

To the best of my knowledge none of the current crop of 2007 models (52631, 57731, 57732, 57831, 65731, 65732, 65831, 73732, 73831) come "with" a stand. In every case I've heard of the stand is "extra".

Now some retailers may opt to throw-in the stand included with the price of the set, but when that happens you generally don't get as good a price as you otherwise could have, because there is a cost involved in the stand.

post #565 of 2652 Old 10-11-2006, 06:49 PM

That's pretty lame on Mitusubishi's part! It's not like the SRP's are lower in cost to reflect that!

All the more reason to find a good price. So anyone got any good merchants I should call?
post #566 of 2652 Old 10-11-2006, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's pretty lame on Mitusubishi's part! It's not like the SRP's are lower in cost to reflect that!

All the more reason to find a good price. So anyone got any good merchants I should call?

The stands are a piece of furniture and as such there's a myriad of them to choose from. In fact the manufacturer's "default" stand (that still is an extra cost item) is considered by some to be an expensive piece of plain painted wood. Having seen one I would tend to agree. It's very plain.

By contrast there are custom stands in all price ranges, literally from as low as $200 to over $1000, depending on what you want. Realizing that most customers actually prefer a custom stand Mitsubishi decided to make the factory stand an option. In fact very few stores that sell the Mitsubishi TV even carry the factory stand in stock, again because so few people want it and prefer a custom or "designer" stand instead.

post #567 of 2652 Old 10-11-2006, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Preshoot View Post

The stands are a piece of furniture and as such there's a myriad of them to choose from. In fact the manufacturer's "default" stand (that still is an extra cost item) is considered by some to be an expensive piece of plain painted wood. Having seen one I would tend to agree. It's very plain.

By contrast there are custom stands in all price ranges, literally from as low as $200 to over $1000, depending on what you want. Realizing that most customers actually prefer a custom stand Mitsubishi decided to make the factory stand an option. In fact very few stores that sell the Mitsubishi TV even carry the factory stand in stock, again because so few people want it and prefer a custom or "designer" stand instead.

Not me. I was perfectly happy with their free default stand, plain though it was. I get the feeling that Mitsubishi's attitude is that if we can afford a higher priced TV, then purchasing a stand should be no big deal. But for a lot of us, that's not the case. We don't all have disposable incomes. A custom stand for a 73" TV that's even halfway decent is going to cost a small fortune. I understand that if you're looking at the stand instead of the TV, then something's clearly wrong. Nevertheless, a really cheap-looking stand can detract from the whole thing (particularly when the TV's off), and I'd be pressed to believe they sell a decent one (or one that even fits) in the lower price ranges.

But by all means prove me wrong. If anyone can direct me to some places that have decent stands for that size TV, I'd be thrilled to see them.
post #568 of 2652 Old 10-11-2006, 10:24 PM

Quote:

Also, does anyone know any great places in the tri-state area, but outside of NY to get a new Mitsu? I've run the Google check upside down and backwards, and the best prices seem to be in NY. However, as I live in NY, the price goes up $300.00 in taxes plus an additional $300.00 in shipping fees (which of course negates the great prices.)

Take a look at Electronics Expo in NJ. I was able to get my 73732 from them for their on-line price and they threw in shipping. Unfortunately, NJ tax is 7%. Luckily, I had a stand, but I don't think you'll be able to get a stand thrown in unless you're paying close to list price.
post #569 of 2652 Old 10-12-2006, 07:10 PM

I hope I am not repeating a previous question. But I am looking at buying a 65 inch tv and the mistubishi is VERY tempting. I think I read that the 06 model (65731) was not able to display the full 1080 lines of resolution? Is that correct? I was also wondering (I checked the best buy where I work and no luck finding the 07 model).. has anyone seen it at their best buy? Should I wait for it instead of getting the 06 model? I just want to be SURE i am getting the best tv for my money. thanks in advance.
post #570 of 2652 Old 10-12-2006, 07:37 PM

The 65731 is not an old model, it's just the low-end model. It is a real 1080p, though, with 1080p inputs as well as display. But, the color accuracy and screen material are not as good compared to the 732 or 831.
Reply Rear Projection Units