Official Sony XBR2 (60" & 70") Owner's Thread - Page 405 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #12121 of 12123 Old 03-28-2016, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryaz1 View Post
I have the 70, which is KDS-R70XBR2. The bub is the XL-5300, and the same bulb is used for the 70 and the 60 equivalent. I'll PM you my address for shipping calculation.

Thanks, that's great.
I have 2 for one of the sets...for some reason I think I had an XBR1 and an XBR2. I'll check the bulbs when I get home tonight.

Sony XBR75X940C Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12122 of 12123 Old 03-30-2016, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryaz1 View Post
Yes, mine's still alive and well, after one optical block and just changed the bulb.

Are you connected via HDMI? Try a different cable and/or component connections. But first, make sure the current cable is pushed all the way in both at the TV and the satellite box (and any AV Receiver or Processor in betwee) That can actually cause this, too, especially since your OTA picture is fine.
I misstated my connections but it probably doesn't matter. My DVR HMDI cable goes directly to the TV, not thru the receiver.

Anyway, I checked the connections and all are tight. I swapped out the HDMI cable with a new one and the DVR color is still bad. I didn't have enough cables to try the component connection.

I noticed the Sony menu is also off color which leads me to believe it is the OB. The OTA broadcast seems to be better but maybe it too is off. I don't watch much OTA. What I have noticed is watching a hockey game (Go Hawks!) the ice has a yellow look to it from the DVR but OTA it is nice and white.
post #12123 of 12123 Old 03-31-2016, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek5200 View Post
I misstated my connections but it probably doesn't matter. My DVR HMDI cable goes directly to the TV, not thru the receiver.

Anyway, I checked the connections and all are tight. I swapped out the HDMI cable with a new one and the DVR color is still bad. I didn't have enough cables to try the component connection.

I noticed the Sony menu is also off color which leads me to believe it is the OB. The OTA broadcast seems to be better but maybe it too is off. I don't watch much OTA. What I have noticed is watching a hockey game (Go Hawks!) the ice has a yellow look to it from the DVR but OTA it is nice and white.
Put black and white image on screen. You'll be able to see better if there is the a green/yellow tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia Xbr Series Kdl V32xbr2 32 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page