Official 2007 Mitsubishi WD-xx73X/WD-xx831 Settings & Tweaks Thread - Page 26 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #751 of 774 Old 01-31-2009, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need help!

My lamp went out on my WD-57732 and a couple of days ago I received a new replacement from Mitsubishi and my picture is horrible! The colors are off due to the blooming from the new lamp. I have my contrast down to 00 and I can still see the blooming. I have used AVIA and DVE to calibrate my set, however no matter what I do the picture sucks. I don't know if Mit's used a different manufacture on the lamp or what. I don't have the money to get my TV ISF calibrated. Does any one have a fix for this issue?

"I AM WE TODD IT....I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT." -Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 774 Old 01-31-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whotony View Post

it's been mentioned before the bulb doesnt reset the hours,
the number shown is hours the tv has been used all bulbs totaled up.

also why is it tweeters fault?

I'm just venting I guess. Tweeter sold me an "open box" "NEW TV" at a slight discount. Now they are out of business. Based on the number of the bulb life, it would have to have run 320 day 24hrs a day!
When my 1st bulb went out after 2 months, they told me they couldn't do any repairs under the warranty I purchased until the Mitsu 1yr warranty expired. Mitsu haggled over the bulb, and finally sent it for me to replace. Bulb went again last month, same song.
Now it sounds like optical engine!? I am concerned it will take an act of Congress to get this fixed soon. The people on the Tweeter service contract paperwork said they never received it from Tweeter yet.
Get a lawyer, and get in line. 7000 hrs!?
post #753 of 774 Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 AM

Not sure if everyone who purchased their sets from Tweeter is aware that Service Net (http://www.servicenet.com) has picked up the Tweeter extended warranties now that they've gone belly up.

I've had my light engine replaced 2 times for the blooming issue and thought I was SOL when Tweeter went bankrupt. I called Service Net (800-343-4441) to see if they covered the 5 yr warranty on my 65831 and they did. Looks like I'll be getting a 3rd light engine when I get the call from the local service tech.

This fix seems to last me approx 6 months to a year before I really start to notice and need a new one. After my 5 yr's is up...this thing's going out on the curb.
post #754 of 774 Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARS08 View Post

This fix seems to last me approx 6 months to a year before I really start to notice and need a new one. After my 5 yr's is up...this thing's going out on the curb.

Let me know where you live and when it's going to the curb. I'll be there as part of the Keep America Beautiful Campaign and make sure it doesn't litter the curb

Have you checked out the posts about cleaning the lens?
post #755 of 774 Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post

Have you checked out the posts about cleaning the lens?

Happen to have a URL for those posts? Thanks!
post #756 of 774 Old 04-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus312 View Post

Nope, not handy. It's in one of the Mitsubishi DLP-RP threads here...
post #757 of 774 Old 04-08-2009, 06:53 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by opus312 View Post

Check the 2007 Mitsubishi WD-XX73X and XX831 Owner's Thread for lots of info. Search blooming and lens cleaning. Here are a few links to specific posts I found useful.
Good luck.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post14110641
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post15264195
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post15350722
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post15896325
post #758 of 774 Old 04-26-2009, 06:49 PM

I purchased my 65831 on Sep '06. Pretty much have the same issue you are describing....allready gone through 2 light engines with the latest one already experiencing the blooming issues after about 6 months, on top of that the lamp on this thing seems to last about as long as the light engine, my 3rd lamp blew last weekend.

Got fed-up and rather than calling my extended warranty folks (which are terrible), I got on the phone and called Mitsu and explained them my situation. They seemed genuinely interested in working with me and making me a satisfied customer; even though the TV is out of warranty they sent my local repairman to verify that it is indeed the light engine giving me issues again (which I am 100% sure it is), I should get a call from them early this week with the next steps they are willing to take to resolve my issue. I will post what happens once things get settled.

If you have recurring light engine/lamp issues with this TV model call Mitsu, maybe I got lucky, but they really do seem to want to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARS08 View Post

Not sure if everyone who purchased their sets from Tweeter is aware that Service Net (http://www.servicenet.com) has picked up the Tweeter extended warranties now that they've gone belly up.

I've had my light engine replaced 2 times for the blooming issue and thought I was SOL when Tweeter went bankrupt. I called Service Net (800-343-4441) to see if they covered the 5 yr warranty on my 65831 and they did. Looks like I'll be getting a 3rd light engine when I get the call from the local service tech.

post #759 of 774 Old 06-04-2009, 12:41 PM

Hello Everyone if you still monitor this posting.

Previous postings I mentioned that two lamps had burned out at 2300 hours and 2100 or so hours. Had it repaired from Mits with a new ballast (power unit) and they also gave me a new lamp.

Well I am over a year since that repair in Feb/Mar of 2008 and I now have 3,771 hours on the lamp. Working pretty good this far. But I have been taking the lamp out once a month to blow off any dust build up. Just too bad I had the problems with it at the beginning and all the phone calls to Mits. But hats off to Mits they did fix it for me.

Best to all
post #760 of 774 Old 06-04-2009, 05:17 PM

I have a 65731 and it is 1080P. I am trying to set up my PS3 and my tv won't play it at 1080P it will only do it at 1080i. What is going on please help!
post #761 of 774 Old 06-06-2009, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad8 View Post

I have a 65731 and it is 1080P. I am trying to set up my PS3 and my tv won't play it at 1080P it will only do it at 1080i. What is going on please help!

If your PS3 is connected to the Mits via HDMI you shouldn't be having a problem. In the Video Output Settings menu for the PS3 you should be able to select the output format you desire.
post #762 of 774 Old 06-06-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad8 View Post

Yes if the connection is through HDMI there is no problem with our PS3. Now if you use component input I believe that limit is only 1080i.
post #763 of 774 Old 03-07-2010, 04:49 PM

Hi guys, hope I can get a response to this on here as it looks like it's been awhile since anyone has posted to this thread it looks like. I have a WD-73734 and I need to know if there is anyway in the service menu that I can change the size of the screen (IE "stretch or shrink it)? The picture shown is slightly too large for the screen no matter what input is being used. (laptop either HDMI through the receiver or HDMI straight to the TV, PS3 through the receiver, etc...). I have no idea what all of the abbreviations in the service menu stand for or mean and I can't seem to find that info anywhere on the net either. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
post #764 of 774 Old 03-07-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by six862m6 View Post

Hi guys, hope I can get a response to this on here as it looks like it's been awhile since anyone has posted to this thread it looks like. I have a WD-73734 and I need to know if there is anyway in the service menu that I can change the size of the screen (IE "stretch or shrink it)? The picture shown is slightly too large for the screen no matter what input is being used. (laptop either HDMI through the receiver or HDMI straight to the TV, PS3 through the receiver, etc...). I have no idea what all of the abbreviations in the service menu stand for or mean and I can't seem to find that info anywhere on the net either. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

If it is a HIDEF signal 1080p their is little you can do. But other signals use the format switch on the remote and that will change the picture size. If you have your owners manual or get one from the web site and it should show you some options.

Best of luck
post #765 of 774 Old 03-10-2010, 09:29 AM

Oh No!!! Dead mirror, stuck pixel, or otherwise teensy glaring white spot on my WD-Y657. How annoying.

I tried doing a little looking about, and found both praise and horror stories for "pixel fixer" videos. They all seemed to be aimed at LCD, though.

Is there any verified fixing of DLP stuck/borken mirrors? The set is ~2 years old, and I'm sure it isn't under warrantee any longer. It is clearly a single pixel, you can even faintly see the beam of light behind the face of the TV. kinda interesting, but not so good for watching !
post #766 of 774 Old 02-15-2011, 07:07 AM

I'm adding this link for anyone who stumbles across this thread and is looking to fix the halo effect (I believe this is the same as some refer to as blooming). Videobruce's detailed lens cleaning procedure can be found here. I did this on my WD57732 and it made a world of difference.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1148792

- agthad
post #767 of 774 Old 03-06-2012, 06:35 PM

I'm posting this in a few different threads since they are all pretty old. In the service menu looking at the Overscan alignment, I can only see yellow and cyan completely. Green I can barely see on the sides and not top/bottom and I can't see white or red at all. How do I fix this? It seems I need to shrink my screen some how.

Thanks
post #768 of 774 Old 03-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
You cant "shrink the screen". There is over scan on these sets and that's just the way it is.
post #769 of 774 Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cid67 View Post

You cant "shrink the screen". There is over scan on these sets and that's just the way it is.

Thanks, I have it lined up best I can and looks pretty good.
post #770 of 774 Old 03-12-2012, 08:57 AM

Just want to note as I reference this thread time to time for settings. I replaced my lamp with a philips and I also did the lens cleaning documented very well by videobruce. I have my mode set to natural, but while watching immortals some of the scenes was very very dark and I couldn't make out anything. I switched it to Brilliant and wow it was great, so much detail that I could never see before. Almost makes me want to go back and watch a lot of movies with dark scenes .

Anyway, I keep it on natural for normal TV and most movies, because it actually gives me headaches if I leave it on that bright. But for movies with dark scenes I will be switching to Brilliant.
post #771 of 774 Old 03-12-2012, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebo51 View Post

Just want to note as I reference this thread time to time for settings. I replaced my lamp with a philips and I also did the lens cleaning documented very well by videobruce. I have my mode set to natural, but while watching immortals some of the scenes was very very dark and I couldn't make out anything. I switched it to Brilliant and wow it was great, so much detail that I could never see before. Almost makes me want to go back and watch a lot of movies with dark scenes .

Anyway, I keep it on natural for normal TV and most movies, because it actually gives me headaches if I leave it on that bright. But for movies with dark scenes I will be switching to Brilliant.

Try adjusting the Brightness control instead of switching to Brilliant. The Brightness control sets the level at which the darkest objects become visible.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #772 of 774 Old 03-28-2012, 09:25 AM

Liked: 13
I got a notice in the mail yesterday concerning several models of this TV.

There has been a decision in a class-action lawsuit concerning capacitors and lamp problems. You can look up Civil Action No. 3:09-cv-01899 (RNC) or check this link http://settlement.mdea.com/ to see if your model qualifies.

If you have one of these models, this could be good news for you.

For the capacitor problem: (V26 or V30 chassis)
Option 1: You can receive a repair of your television with no charge for parts and labor.
Option 2: You have the opportunity to purchase a 2011 Mitsubishi DLP television at the dealer cost. Mitsubishi will ship the new television to you and will take your previous Mitsubishi television away, as required by the settlement.

For the models with the lamp problem: (V33 or V34 chassis)
If you own or have owned any of the models listed under the V33 or V34 chassis, from Table 1, that has not already received a free new mesh design lamp from Mitsubishi and has experienced a failure of the original lamp between April 1, 2011 and September 30, 2011, you are eligible to receive a free, new mesh design, replacement lamp. This new lamp will be warranted for three (3) months from the date it was shipped to you from Mitsubishi.
post #773 of 774 Old 03-28-2012, 11:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Posted in a separate thread;
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1401687

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #774 of 774 Old 09-29-2012, 05:13 PM

I have a WD-73734 and before I was able to right down the #60=??? my child change it and I don't know what the default setting is can anyone help? thank you
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page