TV goes to black and white - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-23-2006, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

I have a Magnavox LCD 37MF231D/33ID that is about 6 months old. About two weeks ago when I would turn it on, after 30 minutes or so it would go to black and white, with 'flickers' of color every now and then. I've tried everything I know (which isn't much) to get it right, customer service does not know what it could be either so I figured I'd try here.

Currently I just have coax coming straight into the TV from the cable jack. Saturday I'm getting a HD cable box with DVR and hooking it up with an HDMI cable so I'd like to get this resolved for when that time comes.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with my problem? It's driving me nuts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-25-2006, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAsh View Post

Hello all,

I have a Magnavox LCD 37MF231D/33ID that is about 6 months old. About two weeks ago when I would turn it on, after 30 minutes or so it would go to black and white, with 'flickers' of color every now and then. I've tried everything I know (which isn't much) to get it right, customer service does not know what it could be either so I figured I'd try here.

Currently I just have coax coming straight into the TV from the cable jack. Saturday I'm getting a HD cable box with DVR and hooking it up with an HDMI cable so I'd like to get this resolved for when that time comes.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with my problem? It's driving me nuts!

I was reading a review on this TV at Amazon. One person had the same problem and contacted Magnavox. He was told it just needs a software update. Hope this helps.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-29-2007, 07:39 AM

When I came to Target store to buy this TV. First, it is color. Then it turned to B/W with some dot.
A lot of negative words said on the net for this Magnavox product and service. Althougt I am a little bit nervious about this product, I still went ahead buying one. Bet I am in good luck giving the good price offerred by Target store.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page