Hitachi 61SWX10B Audio Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-18-2007, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was recently given this set by a coworker. Its manufacture date is 12/01. It had convergence failure and intermittent audio problems. This is my first experience with crt rptv.

I have repaired the convergence problem with 2-IC's and a few resistors. After performing a complete digital convergence alignment, greyscale and color decoder adjustments, the set looks great. I have pdf copies of the user's manual and service manual. Does anyone have a pdf copy of the appropriate digital convergence pocket manual? I have the 2000 version but I believe my set is covered in the 2003 version. It is available on ebay for about $12, but thought I would ask here, first.

The audio issue presents itself after power-up. Regardless of input, the audio drops out after a few minutes. Cycling power a number of times usually resolves the issue and the audio is functional for the rest of the session. I have searched here and other forums and found very little information on the problem. A post in another forum indicates that there is a Hitachi service bulletin covering this issue. I am capable of implementing any repairs recommended by the bulletin but have no way of obtaining it. Can anyone help me in this area?

Thanks

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-22-2007, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just thought I would update this with my resolution for the audio issue.

Based upon a tech tip from a tv repair website, I resoldered a pair of surface mount ICs, IT05 and IT06 (under the shield) on the surround board. In the process, I cleaned the boards and reseated all of the connectors in the audio section.

Which one of the actions actually resolved the problem, I don't know. But, the set now performs very well. The video is fantastic. CRTs, even five year olds, can still stand up to anything out there.

I don't know how to break the news to my coworker that the set is working like new and it didn't cost the $800 that he had been quoted for repair. I have about $50 in it and maybe 4 hours of labor. The good news is that he had already replaced it and just wanted it moved out of the garage and never wanted to see it again.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
post #3 of 3 Old 07-21-2012, 09:09 PM

I am also having the same problem and wanted to verify which board it was so I can do the same repairs. Is it the board that has the internal speaker wires running to it ,which is also the video/audio input/output board, or is it the board all the way to the right mounted vertically or horizontally?? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page