Bulb blew in my LG tv... where to get bulb? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-02-2007, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The bulb blew in my LG RU44SZ63d DLP tv... called up the local repair shop, and they want 289 bucks for a new one. I know I'll be paying around this for one, just want to "shop around" first.

This is what's on the bulb:
Top 207 E4
UHP 120W 1.0
Philips
Made in Belgium

What's the "model number" of this bulb? Is it the E4? I don't really know what to look for when looking at bulbs and I can't find anything that mentions my TV specifically.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-02-2007, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dividedsky319 View Post

The bulb blew in my LG RU44SZ63d DLP tv... called up the local repair shop, and they want 289 bucks for a new one. I know I'll be paying around this for one, just want to "shop around" first.

This is what's on the bulb:
Top 207 E4
UHP 120W 1.0
Philips
Made in Belgium

What's the "model number" of this bulb? Is it the E4? I don't really know what to look for when looking at bulbs and I can't find anything that mentions my TV specifically.

Any help would be appreciated.

Search:

6912B22002C

Thats your TV lamp model number. I've seen it on ebay for $189
post #3 of 9 Old 02-02-2007, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply.

Are you sure that's the same bulb for the 63d? The 61d is listed in the supported TVs, but not the 63d. I wasn't sure if they use the same bulb.
post #4 of 9 Old 02-02-2007, 09:30 PM

I can't Help You exactly to where to get a New Bulb But as someone said, I Know that there is a Reliable E Bay market Seller that Sells New Bulbs for considerably Less money. If You still have the manual to your Set the Bulb Imfo should be in there. If Not, all you have to do is Put the Model Number in of your TV Using the Search Option Being Careful You Get the Right Bulb. Keep in Mind that Many times a Particular Rear Projection Set Shares the Exact same bulb with other Models very Close in Screen size of Your Own set. My Particular Sony. the KDF-46E2000 Shares the Same Bulb with at Least One Other Set that is almost 10" Larger. I Bought My New 46" SONY rear Projection TV Last Month that I am Very happy with Spending only a Cool Grand ( No Tax in Delaware ) for a Unbelievable lightweight Hi Def TV that Displays a Great Picture which I Believe is as good as Sets costing Twice as much. Anyway besides the Reliability Issues in Rear Projections ( according to Consumer Reports, about 10% Need some Service in the first year ) You Cannot beat a Rear projection set if Like Me, you are on a budget and Don't Want to Hang your set on the Wall. I didn't Want a DLP Set Because the Color Wheel Spins Thousands of revolutions which Made Me think it was Just another moving Part to Go Bad along with reported Color Streaking. After researching these Sets I Found the Only Major thing that Usually Goes Wrong on the Rear Projection LCD Models is a Burned Out Bulb that Can Cost anywhere from $175.- $400. depending on who Installs it and where You Buy It. I have a Old Girlfriend that owns a 7 Year old Rear Pro. that still has its original bulb. I am a worrier and after Getting this Set I went On Line to look for a Bulb Replacement to Give Me a Idea of What I will be Paying for a Bulb. I found Several Places that Sold Bulbs with the Competitive Sellers all selling for around $175 for My particular Set. It Looks Very, very easy to replace the Bulb and I don't Know why anyone would Pay a "Technician" to Install a New One for Hundreds More. Sorry for the ramble But I am still Blowing People Away showing Others My $1000. Rear Projection Set which I Have in My Bedroom Taking Up No More Space than My Old 32" Tube GE. I wonder How Many People don't even consider a Rear Projection Set Stuck in the Mindset of the Old, Dull, Lifeless Monster Sized Sets of Just a Few years ago? I wish You Luck finding Your Bulb On E Bay and I Know if You Look there you Will Find what you Need. Ps, If You Have the Time Could You Please Mention How Many Hours or Years you Got Before Your Bulb Burned Out? I was told to Expect 5000 Hours although the Manufacturer Claims 8000 Hours. Some Owners Have Reported Early Bulb Failure at about 3000 Hours. Good Luck..
post #5 of 9 Old 02-05-2007, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

I'm not sure of the exact number of hours I had on the tv, but I'd guess it was somewhere around 5-6k hours...

Thanks everyone, I'll just have to send a message to some of the ebay sellers to ask if my TV is compatible with the bulb...
post #6 of 9 Old 05-04-2012, 09:05 PM

I have also taken LG LED TV but they have delivered me scratched one please help me
post #7 of 9 Old 05-04-2012, 09:06 PM

there is any way that I can register complain in there LG forum
post #8 of 9 Old 05-04-2012, 09:06 PM

I am thinking to register complain in consumer court
post #9 of 9 Old 05-04-2012, 09:07 PM

Finally registered my complaint in consumer court and waiting for action.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page