PC input through DVI/HDMI on HLS5087W - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-23-2007, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was just wondering if it really is possible to run a DVI to HDMI cable from my computer and connect it to this model dlp. My owners manual says the HDMI jack is not compatible with pc, but somewhere I read that it is possible but not sure on which model.. I'm a noob here and if someone can answer this question I would really appreciate it before I go and spend money on the DVI-HDMI cable.. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-23-2007, 08:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb_m3 View Post

I was just wondering if it really is possible to run a DVI to HDMI cable from my computer and connect it to this model dlp. My owners manual says the HDMI jack is not compatible with pc, but somewhere I read that it is possible but not sure on which model.. I'm a noob here and if someone can answer this question I would really appreciate it before I go and spend money on the DVI-HDMI cable.. TIA

On this topic you can ignore the manual. That statement is there to avoid having to answer endless computer questions.

A HDMI/DVI cable will work and many HLS owners are doing it already. You are already missing the boat by not posting your questions in the owner's thread for your TV.

Samsung 1080p Owner's Thread --- HLSxx87W/HLSxx88W DLP Models

Also there is an AVS forum dedicated to using computers with all kinds of displays. It's called Home Theater Computers.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page