The Official Sony 2007 KDS-(XX)A2020 [NO PRICE TALK] SXRD Owner's Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 3635 Old 04-08-2007, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi My Name Is View Post

Anyone with the viewing distance for 60" A2020?

Does something like this help you? Do a Google search using these terms - myhometheater homestead viewingdistancecalculator

Sorry, I can't post URLs yet. This is actually my first post from a long time lurker.

Also, no price talk here, but do any owners have any positive recommendations as to where you purchased your 60A2020/2000 online? Obviously there's a significant (at least ~20%) savings in base price and sales taxes by ordering online. I'm leaning towards Amazon - they might be a few hundred more than some of the more aggressive and less reputable online sites, but I'd rather a bit pay more knowing that I might be able to trust them more. Do any owners have any online recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 3635 Old 04-08-2007, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Does anyone have video delay times for these TVs? Meaning that if you're using an external source, like a dvd player, and are running the sound through a receiver, what delay setting are you using for the audio on your receiver? I just bought a Denon AVR-987 to sync the sound and video because it was clearly off when using HD DVD and Blu-ray. It's sort of a pain to change settings on my receiver, but 65ms is what I've chosen for now. It's a better than standard, yet I'm not sure it's quite right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #273 of 3635 Old 04-08-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnebulin View Post

Obviously there's a significant (at least ~20%) savings in base price and sales taxes by ordering online.

you save on sales tax now; however, you still owe the sales tax to your state in the form of a "use tax" when you file your income taxes. collection of "use tax" relies on the honor system, so obviously you can choose not to pay it, but if audited they will look at your bank statements and you will owe the amount of tax plus fines.
post #274 of 3635 Old 04-08-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:

Does something like this help you? Do a Google search using these terms - myhometheater homestead viewingdistancecalculator

Sorry, I can't post URLs yet. This is actually my first post from a long time lurker.

Also, no price talk here, but do any owners have any positive recommendations as to where you purchased your 60A2020/2000 online? Obviously there's a significant (at least ~20%) savings in base price and sales taxes by ordering online. I'm leaning towards Amazon - they might be a few hundred more than some of the more aggressive and less reputable online sites, but I'd rather a bit pay more knowing that I might be able to trust them more. Do any owners have any online recommendations?

Thank you very much, i should of did a search to start with.

Heres another chart.

http://www.cnet.com/4520-7874_1-5108580-2.html
post #275 of 3635 Old 04-09-2007, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi My Name Is View Post

Anyone with the viewing distance for 60" A2020?

There is someone who posts on here with a formula for viewing distance in their signature. I don't know where it is derived from. I believe this is what it was

Screen Size x 1.5 divided by 12

60 x 1.5 = 90/12= 7.5ft

Seems to match up with the "minimum distance" on the CNet link

I am about 10-11 ft from my 55" and I love it!!!
post #276 of 3635 Old 04-09-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:

I got my A2000 from One Call and had a great experience, and definitely recommend them. They shoul be cheaper than Amazon too.
post #277 of 3635 Old 04-09-2007, 12:54 PM

I just recieved my 60a2020 from One Call on Thursday -- based on my and others' experiences, you should have NO reservations dealing with them. They're an authorized dealer, their CS is outstanding, their shipping is both fast and incredibly secure (my TV came from West Virginia to the Twin Cities in 3 days, without so much as a scratch on the box), their extended warranties are very well-priced (and if you don't use them, they will refund 50% of the cost as a credit when they expire).

As an added bonus, if you order before April 16, you can get an extra $125 off or more based on what your final total comes to (enter SPRING07 at checkout).

In short -- and having dealt with a number of online vendors to varying results -- I was extremely pleasantly surprised in every way.

Hope this helps!

Come, let us kill the spirit of gravity...
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
post #278 of 3635 Old 04-09-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerknowledge View Post

I just recieved my 60a2020 from One Call on Thursday -- based on my and others' experiences, you should have NO reservations dealing with them. They're an authorized dealer, their CS is outstanding, their shipping is both fast and incredibly secure (my TV came from West Virginia to the Twin Cities in 3 days, without so much as a scratch on the box), their extended warranties are very well-priced (and if you don't use them, they will refund 50% of the cost as a credit when they expire).

As an added bonus, if you order before April 16, you can get an extra $125 off or more based on what your final total comes to (enter SPRING07 at checkout).

In short -- and having dealt with a number of online vendors to varying results -- I was extremely pleasantly surprised in every way.

Hope this helps!

I forgot about the credit thing. I think you have to call them 30 days prior to expiring or something like that. I plan on getting a lamp though. One Call is awesome though. Even though they clearly state on their website that they only guarantee their price for 7 days, I happened to check the price about 2 weeks later to find it had dropped $250!!! I called them up and was very nice about it and the guy placed me on hold for a minute and then came back and offered to split the difference. I was so dumbfounded, expecting them to have told to take a flying leap, that I said sure. I might have been able to fight and get more, but I was so impressed with their proffesionalism I left it at that
post #279 of 3635 Old 04-09-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeblez View Post

There is someone who posts on here with a formula for viewing distance in their signature. I don't know where it is derived from. I believe this is what it was

Screen Size x 1.5 divided by 12

60 x 1.5 = 90/12= 7.5ft

Seems to match up with the "minimum distance" on the CNet link

I am about 10-11 ft from my 55" and I love it!!!

I'll remember that thanks man.

well i'll have about a 9-10 feet viewing distance. So that should be just right for a 60". I just hope the A2020's are still available late summer - mid fall.
post #280 of 3635 Old 04-09-2007, 04:56 PM

Are you guys sure that the only difference between the a2000 and a2020 is the cabinet color? I spent all day trying to decide between the A2020, a2000 and the Samsun 6187 and it appeared to me that the a2020 was on par with the xbr2 but the a2000 seemed a step down in every store although maybe the fact that it was on the floor longer effected it. If they are the same I'll seriously consider the cheaper a2000 but I'm not so sure they are the same inside.
post #281 of 3635 Old 04-09-2007, 05:05 PM

Also, is it likely that the green issues were addressed with the newer a2020 or is it still too early to tell? Does anyone know what % of a2000 tvs were effected by this or other problems?
post #282 of 3635 Old 04-09-2007, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhauser View Post

Are you guys sure that the only difference between the a2000 and a2020 is the cabinet color? I spent all day trying to decide between the A2020, a2000 and the Samsun 6187 and it appeared to me that the a2020 was on par with the xbr2 but the a2000 seemed a step down in every store although maybe the fact that it was on the floor longer effected it. If they are the same I'll seriously consider the cheaper a2000 but I'm not so sure they are the same inside.

I would buy the A2020 for sure over the A2000 in hope that the problems my A2000 is having have maybe been addressed on the newer models. I personally wish I had waited. Sony is on my sh=t list these days. I saw a 2020 today that had a stunning picture and none of the bad issues my 2000 is suffering from.
post #283 of 3635 Old 04-09-2007, 09:00 PM

Interesting, I just got back from Ultimate Electronics and their floor model A2000 had the green screen in the upper right corner and the A2020 looked unbelievable. I saw 4-5 60A2020 today and this one was just amazing and even looked noticeably better than the 60XBR2 they had. I think I finally made my decision tonight but unfortunately the online places I want to buy at are closed until Wednesday and I need this thing soon so I'll probably have to pay for upgraded shipping so I can get it before I drive back to Mexico.
post #284 of 3635 Old 04-10-2007, 09:11 AM

After losing my Sammy HLS5087 to nefarious types who like to break down doors and take things that do not belong to them, I picked up the 50A2020 at Best Buy yesterday. (Price matched a Circuit City price which I now think was waaaay wrong, but they did it anyway.)

Got it home, plugged in the HDMI from my HDTivo, and messed around for a few hours. Lovely picture-- no blobs/tint. I tried several settings from the A2000 tweak thread-- really liked AVBill's. Incredibly detailed picture, but definitely different than the Sammy. In a good way-- I was susceptible to rainbows, and the Sony is more pleasing to my eye. Perhaps not as detailed, but very natural and smooth in comparison.

I then started hooking everything else up-- 360 through component, Oppo 970 through HDMI. I couldn't get the Oppo to work at all, so tried swapping it for the other HDMI input (which I had used for the HDTivo). Long story short, the two HDMI ports are severely wonky-- one doesn't work at all, and the other only works with the Oppo (sometimes) and not at all with the HDTivo. Component ins work fine.

In the process of all the resetting, unplugging, re-handshaking and holding my mouth right, my HDTivo died-- the dreaded "powering up" screen, which is a sure sign of hard drive failure. Nice.

Anyway, called Sony, they did some troubleshooting (all of which I'd already done) and agreed the inputs were faulty. They offered to send someone out, gave me local shop numbers, but I've decided that I just want to swap it out at BestBuy, unless someone here can give me a miracle solution...
post #285 of 3635 Old 04-10-2007, 04:17 PM

Got my 60A2020 last week... those on the fence should definitely get off... this set is absolutely smokin and a sensible investment at the rate technology is advancing....

I was going to spring for the 70" XBR, but $2000.00 additional investment does just not make sense since there will be emuch better sets a few years down the road...

I also notice the superior picture compared to the A2000's... I would imagine SONY would incorporate whatever refinements they have come up with over the last year... they probably won't publicize them because that would create some regretful A2000 owners.

NHT CLASSIC FOUR's Front & Rear, CLASSIC 3C, Classic 12 Sub, Panasonic TC-P65VT30, DVD-3800BDCI, HD-XA2, SONY TA-P9000ES Preamp, BRYSTON and Marantz Amplifiers...
post #286 of 3635 Old 04-10-2007, 05:22 PM

how does everyone's black level compare to the black cab of the A2020? i'm trying to get my blacks as dark as possible and with an all black screen, it's noticibly brighter than the black cab..

-Carter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #287 of 3635 Old 04-10-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachToRock View Post

Got my 60A2020 last week... those on the fence should definitely get off... this set is absolutely smokin and a sensible investment at the rate technology is advancing....

I was going to spring for the 70" XBR, but $2000.00 additional investment does just not make sense since there will be emuch better sets a few years down the road...

I also notice the superior picture compared to the A2000's... I would imagine SONY would incorporate whatever refinements they have come up with over the last year... they probably won't publicize them because that would create some regretful A2000 owners.

I'm finally getting off the fence (was debating between the Samsung 6187, 60xbr2 or the 60A2020) and after visiting many, many stores over the past 4 days and decided on the 60A2020. It clearly stood apart from the Samsung in every store, was as good as the XBR2 in all but one store (something was messed up on the tv) and even looked better then the XBR2 in at least 3 stores and the black cabinet has grown on me so much (even like the samsung styling better but whatever) that the A2000 and xbr2 are no longer in the mix.

The only challenge for me is getting one here quickly. No local stores can touch Abes or butterfly photo prices so I'm going to have to order online but all the online stores are closed until tomorrow due to extended Easter vacation. I was planning on driving back to Mexico on Friday but there is no way the tv will be here if I can't order it until tomorrow. Anyone have advice on getting either of the above mentioned stores to expedite shipment as quickly as possible? I'll upgrade the shipping and pay the extra money but I've heard stories of online stores scratching their butts for a few days before even processing the order and I'm not wanting to be stuck here in Arizona for another week just for the tv. Any suggestions as to which online dealer places less games and will help me get this quickly?

Also, would you guys go with a Sonystyle EW, the tedunlimited RepairMaster EW or the Repairtech EW that the online dealers offer? Some of these say that they will cover it worldwide which is a benefit for me living out of the US.
post #288 of 3635 Old 04-10-2007, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Why not have a local store match the online prices?
post #289 of 3635 Old 04-10-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroputt View Post

how does everyone's black level compare to the black cab of the A2020? i'm trying to get my blacks as dark as possible and with an all black screen, it's noticibly brighter than the black cab..

Keep tweaking or get it professionally calibrated.
post #290 of 3635 Old 04-10-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95 View Post

Why not have a local store match the online prices?

Believe me I wish they would and I'd even pay a little more but none will even get close. The best I've been quoted was $2500 for the 60A2020 plus tax on top of that so over $2700 compared to $2200 plus about $150 expedited shipping. I'm open to suggestions though as I have no idea how long it will actually take to get the tv once I place the order tomorrow.
post #291 of 3635 Old 04-11-2007, 06:06 AM

Hi Folks,

I'm new to these boards. Been researching HDTVs - Rear Projection DLPs for weeks now and I've finally settled on the Sony Grand Wega KDS-60A2020. Why? I felt that they had the best bang for my hard earned dollar. Beautiful picture, replaceable projector bulb, lots of inputs and lots of outputs. Perfect to fit into my current system.

At first I was going to get last year's model, the KDS-60A2000. Sears currently has it on Clearance for what I thought was a very good price. But when I when to a local Big Screen TV Store, I got a super quote on this year's model. so I was leaning toward going with the new one for paying a few hundred more.

Then I saw this forum about the Green Blob and the Green Tints and Reflections - especially with last year's models. Well, that sealed it. I will be going with the new model.

Someone asked about recommended sitting distances from Big Screen HDTVs - this is taken out of the Sony SRXD Book:

Sony Recommended Optimum Viewing Distances for SXRD Sets

For 50", Minimum sitting distance is: 6.6 feet

For 55", Minimum sitting distance is: 6.8 feet

For 60", Minimum sitting distance is: 7 feet

Side by side viewing should be 60 degrees each way from the center, for a total of 120 degrees.

Up/down degrees is 30 degrees from center, for a total of 60 degrees.

[i]Please remember that these are recommended optimum viewing angles. [/I

I read one post where they said they sat too high, that's why they saw the "reflection" on the bottom part of the screen. They said the Sony Stand is 18" high, while their stand was 19" in height. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. Most of the Sony SXRD sets in the stores I've been in all had their sets way up high. The store where I'm going to get my set had their 60" model in an entertainment center that was about 35" off the floor. From their couch, I had to look up at the set, though I was still in the 30 degree range.

When I looked at stands I did not want glass and metal covered MDF one, so I passed on the Sony stands. Note: I refuse to use MDF in my home because of the chemicals those boards release in the air. The other wood stands this store carried were all made in China. And I'm sorry to say that I also refuse to make purchases of Chinese made furniture because I've had bad luck with shoddy construction. Fortunately, there was a furniture store down the street that carried Amish made products.

Shopping there, I was lucky to pick up a nice console table, 61" in length, 21" depth, 29" height. It had cabinets with doors on each end, and open cabinet space in the middle with shelves (perfect for center speaker and components). It's height, 29" added to half the height of the tv set, 19.5, gives me a center of TV height of 48.5". Since my eye level while sitting in my easy chair is 41", I'm about 7" below the center line of the television set. So, I should have a good viewing angle. One that I hope will not give that Green tint/doughnut problem.

On other thing in the Sony book that I saw was that you should give enough clearance behind and to the sides of the set. It says to give the TV at least 4 inches in back to allow the fan to cool the bulb. And also give the TV a few inches on each side. But, all these dealers have the TVs in cabinets - (not just the SXRDS, but the XBRs too), where there is absolutely no room on the sides. None!

Anyway, I've had my Toshiba SD 50" Rear Projection Set since October 1998. That still works fine and will be moved into my bedroom. The new KDS-60A2020 will take its place in my living room. The TV Console will be delivered on Friday. TV Set will be delivered on Monday. The Direct TV Folks will be here next Wednesday to install the HD satellite dish and the HD-DVR/Receiver. I have to see what cables I'll need, and what and if my current audio system will be able to be hooked into the HD system. I think it should be and I certainly hope it will be. I don't need to shell out more money for this than I already am.

I have a Technics AV Control Stereo Receiver SA710 and a separate Technics Digitial Surround Processor SH300 (2 digital inputs, 1 coax, 1 optical). I think that the Digitat Surround Processor has two inputs, coax and optical will save me - and enable me to use it with the satellite feeds and HDTV.

Well, I do apologize for the long post.

Wish me luck.

And like everyone has asked - is there a Tweaking line?

Thanks everyone !

Ken
post #292 of 3635 Old 04-11-2007, 06:07 AM
Advanced Member

I bought a 60A2020 from BB and am expecting delivery tomorrow. I also have a Samsung BD-P 1200 blu-ray player on its way to me. My question is this: the 1200 player is capable of passing 24 fps directly from the disc through hdmi. Does anyone know if the Sony 2020 will accept that signal untouched for display? I am confident someone on this thread knows the answer - I sure don't.
TIA,
Mark
post #293 of 3635 Old 04-11-2007, 06:34 AM

I believe that the cNet review of the 60A2000 said that it did NOT pass 24fps. I would presume that the 2020 wouldn't be able to either, unless (as many have speculated in the weirdest conspiracy theory I've ever seen) Sony has packed that and myriad other improvements completely unadvertised into the 2020 line.

All in all, though, I hope this isn't terribly disappointing. This is a gorgeous TV; I haven't gotten anything done in the six days since I had mine delivered.

Come, let us kill the spirit of gravity...
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
post #294 of 3635 Old 04-11-2007, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroputt View Post

The darkest blacks will be had by putting the lamp in power saver mode, and advanced iris to MIN in a dark room, or Auto2 in a brighter room. Even at that I don't think these sets can deliver a CRT-like total inky black. There will still be a slight glow, but it should be very slight, and only noticeable in total darkness if your set is working right. I just wish my A-2000 resembled black, instead of glowing blue.
post #295 of 3635 Old 04-11-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhauser View Post

The only challenge for me is getting one here quickly. No local stores can touch Abes or butterfly photo prices so I'm going to have to order online but all the online stores are closed until tomorrow due to extended Easter vacation. I was planning on driving back to Mexico on Friday but there is no way the tv will be here if I can't order it until tomorrow. Anyone have advice on getting either of the above mentioned stores to expedite shipment as quickly as possible? I'll upgrade the shipping and pay the extra money but I've heard stories of online stores scratching their butts for a few days before even processing the order and I'm not wanting to be stuck here in Arizona for another week just for the tv. Any suggestions as to which online dealer places less games and will help me get this quickly?

I just cancelled a Butterfly Photo order due to mixed information (we'll get it out today...we'll get it out tomorrow...you'll receive it in 3 days...then 8 days) and ordered with Amazon. I spent an extra 150 bucks BUT get their white glove service that I've read positive things about and they shipped it the next day. I have yet to receive the set (would have it by now if I had chosen Amazon at the onset) but it should be here soon. I'm sure Butterfly is a great company and all but I just didn't get a good feeling from some of the people I was dealing with (like they were just telling me things to appease me and not necessarily answering my questions honestly).

I hope that helps.
post #296 of 3635 Old 04-11-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachToRock View Post

Got my 60A2020 last week...

Yes, and if you rub the side of the A2020 a genie will come out and grant you 3 wishes.

That makes sense to improve a product, but not tell anyone. That way they don't know there has been value added, potentially justifying what appears to be a slight premium over selling price of the A2000s.

Come on. You are seeing what you want to see.
post #297 of 3635 Old 04-11-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra-zenon View Post

Hi Folks,

I'm new to these boards. Been researching HDTVs - Rear Projection DLPs for weeks now and I've finally settled on the Sony Grand Wega KDS-60A2020. Why? I felt that they had the best bang for my hard earned dollar. Beautiful picture, replaceable projector bulb, lots of inputs and lots of outputs. Perfect to fit into my current system.

At first I was going to get last year's model, the KDS-60A2000. Sears currently has it on Clearance for what I thought was a very good price. But when I when to a local Big Screen TV Store, I got a super quote on this year's model. so I was leaning toward going with the new one for paying a few hundred more.

Then I saw this forum about the Green Blob and the Green Tints and Reflections - especially with last year's models. Well, that sealed it. I will be going with the new model.

Someone asked about recommended sitting distances from Big Screen HDTVs - this is taken out of the Sony SRXD Book:

Sony Recommended Optimum Viewing Distances for SXRD Sets

For 50", Minimum sitting distance is: 6.6 feet

For 55", Minimum sitting distance is: 6.8 feet

For 60", Minimum sitting distance is: 7 feet

Side by side viewing should be 60 degrees each way from the center, for a total of 120 degrees.

Up/down degrees is 30 degrees from center, for a total of 60 degrees.

[i]Please remember that these are recommended optimum viewing angles. [/I

I read one post where they said they sat too high, that's why they saw the "reflection" on the bottom part of the screen. They said the Sony Stand is 18" high, while their stand was 19" in height. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. Most of the Sony SXRD sets in the stores I've been in all had their sets way up high. The store where I'm going to get my set had their 60" model in an entertainment center that was about 35" off the floor. From their couch, I had to look up at the set, though I was still in the 30 degree range.

When I looked at stands I did not want glass and metal covered MDF one, so I passed on the Sony stands. Note: I refuse to use MDF in my home because of the chemicals those boards release in the air. The other wood stands this store carried were all made in China. And I'm sorry to say that I also refuse to make purchases of Chinese made furniture because I've had bad luck with shoddy construction. Fortunately, there was a furniture store down the street that carried Amish made products.

Shopping there, I was lucky to pick up a nice console table, 61" in length, 21" depth, 29" height. It had cabinets with doors on each end, and open cabinet space in the middle with shelves (perfect for center speaker and components). It's height, 29" added to half the height of the tv set, 19.5, gives me a center of TV height of 48.5". Since my eye level while sitting in my easy chair is 41", I'm about 7" below the center line of the television set. So, I should have a good viewing angle. One that I hope will not give that Green tint/doughnut problem.

On other thing in the Sony book that I saw was that you should give enough clearance behind and to the sides of the set. It says to give the TV at least 4 inches in back to allow the fan to cool the bulb. And also give the TV a few inches on each side. But, all these dealers have the TVs in cabinets - (not just the SXRDS, but the XBRs too), where there is absolutely no room on the sides. None!

Anyway, I've had my Toshiba SD 50" Rear Projection Set since October 1998. That still works fine and will be moved into my bedroom. The new KDS-60A2020 will take its place in my living room. The TV Console will be delivered on Friday. TV Set will be delivered on Monday. The Direct TV Folks will be here next Wednesday to install the HD satellite dish and the HD-DVR/Receiver. I have to see what cables I'll need, and what and if my current audio system will be able to be hooked into the HD system. I think it should be and I certainly hope it will be. I don't need to shell out more money for this than I already am.

I have a Technics AV Control Stereo Receiver SA710 and a separate Technics Digitial Surround Processor SH300 (2 digital inputs, 1 coax, 1 optical). I think that the Digitat Surround Processor has two inputs, coax and optical will save me - and enable me to use it with the satellite feeds and HDTV.

Well, I do apologize for the long post.

Wish me luck.

And like everyone has asked - is there a Tweaking line?

Thanks everyone !

Ken

Not to scare you, but there have been issues reported already with the A2020s. No TV, or anything made mass maufactured will ever be free of defects. There is always a potential to get a bad unit. That is what the warranty is for
post #298 of 3635 Old 04-11-2007, 10:35 AM

My XBR960 CRT died a few months ago, and my replacement, the 50A2020 has been with me for a couple of weeks. I'm a video editor, so I look at TV all day long (mostly my broadcast Sony monitor), and I've got to say, the 2020 is FREAKIN' BEAUTIFUL. Blacks are indistinguishable from the black bezel. Super-rich chroma that doesn't bleed. Even brightness edge to edge (given the proper viewing distance). Yeah, SD looks like poo compared to my SD broadcast monitor, but I've yet to see a HD monitor that does well with SD. (Even the 960 was so-so.) I'm sure that there are better displays on the market, but you know what? I bet the differences are so small I wouldn't care. For the $$, I'm TOTALLY satisfied. (Well, would've been nice to have Firewire and PIP, like the 960.... can't use my Mac as a firewire-HD-Tivo anymore.)
post #299 of 3635 Old 04-11-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeblez View Post

Yes, and if you rub the side of the A2020 a genie will come out and grant you 3 wishes.

That makes sense to improve a product, but not tell anyone. That way they don't know there has been value added, potentially justifying what appears to be a slight premium over selling price of the A2000s.

Come on. You are seeing what you want to see.

Our televisions are 20 points better than yours...just deal with it!

* is glad he didn't order an inferior A2000 *
post #300 of 3635 Old 04-11-2007, 12:13 PM

How important is it to buy from a "certified Sony seller?" I placed an order this morning from dbuys.com and I haven't decided upon a EW but when I called Sony to get info on their EW they mentioned that they weren't a certified seller but that didn't surprise me. So is it only an issue if I want the Sonystyle EW or is it worth paying more money to get it from a B &M store?
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page