The Official Sony 2007 KDS-(XX)A2020 [NO PRICE TALK] SXRD Owner's Thread - Page 122 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3631 of 3635 Old 12-15-2013, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 37
So, what's the concensus, A2020 owners, with regard to the COLOR MATRIX setting under the SETUP menu? Should this be on STANDARD?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 3635 Old 12-16-2013, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know with certainty if I can lay this set flat for about an hour travel time?
Recently purchased a new TV and want to give my dad the 55A2020 I have, unfortunately no one I know has a ride with clearance for the 36" height.
My brother in-law has an SUV I could fit the set in if I lay it flat....not sure if that would damage anything.
Thanks.
post #3633 of 3635 Old 03-09-2014, 02:57 PM

Liked: 19
Does anybody know the defaults for the RGB Gain and RGB Bias controls in the service menu under both panel 2 and panel 9? I believe the defaults for the gain's in both 2 and 9 were 128 but I cannot for the life of me remember what the bias defaults were. I went in screwing with the service menu about six months ago because nobody ever uses the TV anymore and I didn't care if I screwed it up. However, it is in our dedicated theater room and I would like to attempt proper calibration now that I read more about the quirks of the TV. Also, the TV is just pissing me off, I want to "beat" the TV and get the grayscale [near] correct. I have had the TV since early 2007 but it only has just over 2000 hours on it. I measured the contrast ratio and black level of the TV using Calman and my i1Pro 2 and i1Display pro and the contrast ratio was like 500:1 and the black level was like .05 or something and the black screen looks noticeably blueish. Maybe I'm spoiled by my VT60. The TV can't be that bad. So, I just want to go in and put service menu items back to defaults, or close to them. I believe I only changed items in panel 2 and 9.

Yesterday I spent like eight hours attempting to get the white balance correct; I didn't even realize I had been doing it so long because I was so frustrated. No matter what I would do on one end, be it the highs or lows, the exact opposite would occur on the other. If I turned down red bias for the lows, it would increase it at the high end. Maybe that is normal for this TV. I'm used to my VT60 and it being nice and simple and don't understand the characteristics of the technology used in this set.

Also, is there a document out there that describes the service menu options? I've searched and all I found was an Excel spreadsheet listing all the options but with no description on what the items do.
post #3634 of 3635 Old 04-27-2014, 04:44 AM

Liked: 10
I've had my kds 60a2020 for 7 yrs now and really never had an issue. I'm on my 3rd bulb but beyond that no problems until.....
My wife calls me at work 4 days ago and tells me she was watching tv (and had been for about an hour) and the tv randomly turned off. The power led blinked green for a couple minutes then it turned back on like normal. This happened randomly (maybe every 4 hours of viewing if that often) until last night when it happened 2 times within 3 hours.
This morning we watched tv for about an hour then left. I checked the tv when we left and it was off but I think maybe it turned itself off because we got back several hours later and the power led was blinking green continuously.
I've checked the lamp and tried an old lamp (still works but very dim) and get the same thing. As soon as the set is plugged in the green power led blinks 14 times, turns off then starts blinking continuously until holding down the power button.
Any ideas?

Sorry for the long post but I thought a little background might help
Thanks
post #3635 of 3635 Old 05-02-2014, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_wall98 View Post

I've had my kds 60a2020 for 7 yrs now and really never had an issue. I'm on my 3rd bulb but beyond that no problems until.....
My wife calls me at work 4 days ago and tells me she was watching tv (and had been for about an hour) and the tv randomly turned off. The power led blinked green for a couple minutes then it turned back on like normal. This happened randomly (maybe every 4 hours of viewing if that often) until last night when it happened 2 times within 3 hours.
This morning we watched tv for about an hour then left. I checked the tv when we left and it was off but I think maybe it turned itself off because we got back several hours later and the power led was blinking green continuously.
I've checked the lamp and tried an old lamp (still works but very dim) and get the same thing. As soon as the set is plugged in the green power led blinks 14 times, turns off then starts blinking continuously until holding down the power button.
Any ideas?

Sorry for the long post but I thought a little background might help
Thanks

I have the 50A2020...what mode do you run yours in?

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page