Newbie question on Toshiba Rear Projection Picture Quality - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-10-2007, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was recently reading the March 2007 Consumer Reports Magazine and noticed that the Toshiba DLP TVs were rated to have the highest picture quality of all TVs reviewed, including LCD & Plasma. I'm a little confused by how this could be possible. Off-centre viewing problems and rainbow effects with DLP are acknowledged as a problems with the technology in the article and yet the DLP technology achieves the best picture quality. I'm not trying to be insulting but is DLP technology really superior to plasma picture quality ? I was always under the impression that RPTV technology was an inexpensive route to the big screen experience but never imagined the DLP technology had managed to achieve the best picture quality simultaneously. It's like having the best of both possible worlds, with the restriction of limited off-centre viewing and potential rainbow effects for some users.

Also seems like Toshiba has managed to cram in some impressive video processing technology to get the best picture quality ratings with DVD & SDTV sources.

This all seems too good to be true. The best picture quality in the least expensive package. Am I reading this article correctly, or have I missed something ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-10-2007, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It is all subjective, there have been other reviews by others that differ. I saw a review of a Toshib DLP that says they are worse for rainbows and I myself notice a sparkle look to white and light colors with them more so than with some other Dlps. As stated elsewhere the best way to choose what is best for you is to go out and compare and see what suits your needs and looks best to you.

Cnet has their Editors Choices but you don!t know if Toshiba would be at the top of their list because they don!t review them.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page