Can you help me out with this - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-17-2007, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
last sunday i ordered a tv from BB(from the website not the store) and it came today. i didnt realize how big it was until i set it up and it just takes up way too much room.

now can i return it? its not broken defective or anything like that. i dont want to exchange it for another tv i just want a refund.

so can i return it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-17-2007, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Wouldn't it have been easier to call your local BB on the phone to ask this question rather than post here and wait for perhaps inaccurate responses? Of course that would make as much sense as going to a store and looking at tvs to see just how big they are before ordering one sight unseen off the internet.

Steve S.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-17-2007, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post

Wouldn't it have been easier to call your local BB on the phone to ask this question rather than post here and wait for perhaps inaccurate responses? Of course that would make as much sense as going to a store and looking at tvs to see just how big they are before ordering one sight unseen off the internet.

wow talking baout being an ***hole.. i did go to best buy and look at the tv before i bought it, and it didnt seem like it would be that big, and usually when you buy something and use it you have to return it for a differnet product or the same thing. so i didnt know if i could get my money back or not and i thought if i couldnt someone here would tell me and then i could make an excuse over the phone when i was going tocall them
post #4 of 6 Old 03-17-2007, 03:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 53
You may have to pay a restocking fee. How big is it, and how far are you sitting from it? It may be a perfect size (it's supposed to look big, and just takes time getting used to it).
post #5 of 6 Old 03-18-2007, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

A new member here calling someone an else an ***hole? Your name is fitting. And due to people like you who apparently do not think out a purchase or research or measure 1st, we all have to pay restocking fees, just stupid.

If it only takes one match to start a forestfire, then why does it take the whole#$%@!&* box to start a camp fire for the kids?!?!? PITTDOG1
post #6 of 6 Old 03-18-2007, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 46
My apologies for my earlier post. It would not have come off so rudely if the OP had mentionned he'd already looked at sets before ordering.

That being said, the attitude that returning big ticket items like this on a whim is a normal and expected thing and asking for ways to fudge around any restocking fees or such is perhaps unethical. There probably is no restocking fee, afaik Best Buy hasn't started this practice yet but no doubt will have to or else jack up their prices.

These forums are full of posts about returning tvs, it's actually quite common, and I've returned several over the years myself but always for performance issues.

Steve S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page