Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor
Once you get your AX model, I'm sure many here would like to know if it has any of the "issues" others have had. So do this...
1. Get the purple halo test pattern and try it. Let us know how well your AX model fares.
2. Let us know if you preceive any "green push".
3. Let us know how the geometry is.
4. See if you have the )))))))))))) (((((((((((( on your screen 3 - 4 inches from the bottom. This can only be seen when you are about 2 - 3 feet from the screen.
I think that's the main ones. An if you don't have the purple halo, disassemble your set to see if it has a black lens ring.
I picked my tv up from sears this past saturday.
It's the AX model with 1028 firmware.
1. I haven't noticed any halo issues, if you have a link or post # where I can download this image, I'll check it out.
2. I'm not noticing any green push. I've tried SD HD xbox 360 and my A2 dvd player, and couldn't replicate any of the pictures I have seen on the forum as examples.
3. I used one of the grid images from this thread, and my geometry looks pretty spot on as far as I can tell. I thought I was getting some inward bowing near the bottom on 4:3 material, but it ended up just being on that one program, I never noticed it again, and the grid looked straight in that area.
4. I've searched for the )))))))))))) (((((((((((( from every angle I could, and at different distances. Either it's not there, or my eyes aren't good enough to see it.
Only issue I noticed was with the overscan image I downloaded from here, it didn't line up with the tip of the arrows, so there is a bit of overscan......Not much though, I haven't hooked up my pc yet to see if anything is cut off.