post #9121 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post

There's nothing else that can be done, because there is no way to make my 6189S accept 24p. The option is grayed out on my BD30 setup because the 6189S just isn't 24p capable. If you could somehow wave your magic want to turn an apple into an orange, great; otherwise, there's nothing that can be done.

BTW, just because some (incorrect) spec sheet says it's 24p capable doesn't make it so.

Also, this post and the following appear to confirm the inability of the 6187/9 not to handle 24p:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=4294

lol and what about the cnet review and the screen shots and the a/b comparison testimony and the comments in that last link you yourself provided indicating that some will accept 24hz?

at this point all i can ask is that current and prospective 87 and 89 series owners please disregard lord vader's comments. he is incorrect

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9122 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 08:53 AM

yet another first time poster here, i recently recieved my 5689s, i did a lot of research before purchasing my tv, right away i notice the evil buzzing sound when the image is bright, also when i watch movies with my xbox hd dvd player the picture gets very white and grainy at random times.. hopefully when i get a tech out he can assess some of the issues im having. the coax hooked up looks like garbage compared to my 52" rear projection lcd i had before i sold to buy this tv
post #9123 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post

I have heard others describe similar "reflections" and it is sometimes caused by external light sources. Have you tried viewing in total darkness to make sure you aren't having an internal reflection from a window or light?

Oh, should have mentioned that, thanks. This anomaly is happening internally. I think the first time I noticed was in complete darkness, then with a dim light on and even when the room is lit it's still noticeable depending on what's on the screen. Oh, and the tech asked me to watch the screen while he slid the light unit back and it moved. Still didn't narrow it down to something he's familiar with.
post #9124 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 09:14 AM

So when the PS3 is playing a movie @24Hz (and the tv says 1920x1080 @ 24Hz), does that mean the same thing as 24p or 24fps? does the 87 or 89 actually drop the refresh rate down to 24Hz or is it actually going into 120Hz and just not "saying" so (on the display)? On computer screens I can see refresh rates below 72Hz and 24Hz seems awfully slow. But I don't see it when I'm watching DVDs or Bluray movies on my 5089. Motion is smooth (except that movies shot at 24fps inherently strobe/judder anyway). What's the deal?
post #9125 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Methinks Sams drop refresh down to 24Hz, as opposed to doing 5:5 @ 120Hz.
If they were to 5:50 120, they'd advertise it as a major feature

Judder limitations of 24p are well known to people that make movies and they
actively counter that with assorted techniques when shooting them.

Panning across highly-detailed backgrounds is a definite no-no.

With DLP technology in our sets, it takes a minute fraction of time, compared to old
film-projector technology, to redraw the screen with content of a new frame, so the
problem of flicker per-se is not there.
post #9126 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I'm HDTV-less and considered the Sony 60A3000 (in showroom blacks looked a bit gray), the Mitsubishi 73 inch (big immersive screen but color wheel!), and the Samsung 61 inch LED. I'm leaning towards the Samsung, but am concerned about screen bowing, and that buzzing noise. But here's something from a review on Amazon that's interesting re: the buzz.

Anyone think that there will be a larger Samsung LED screen soon?

"4 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning HD Picture, November 6, 2007
By Bluesdude (Columbus, OH) - See all my reviews
The quality of the picture in High Def is outstanding. Delivery was quick. There was a problem with the cooling fan rubbing against the back of the set, which made a horrible buzzing noise, but I called Samsung and placed a warranty call and within 4 days I had a technician out to fix the problem. According to him this has been a common problem on this set and just requires a simple adjustment to the placement of the fan. Problem fixed and everything is good."

Merry Christmas
post #9127 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDme View Post

So when the PS3 is playing a movie @24Hz (and the tv says 1920x1080 @ 24Hz), does that mean the same thing as 24p or 24fps? does the 87 or 89 actually drop the refresh rate down to 24Hz or is it actually going into 120Hz and just not "saying" so (on the display)? On computer screens I can see refresh rates below 72Hz and 24Hz seems awfully slow. But I don't see it when I'm watching DVDs or Bluray movies on my 5089. Motion is smooth (except that movies shot at 24fps inherently strobe/judder anyway). What's the deal?

These Wiki articles seems to address many of your questions:

24p:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24p

Refresh Rate:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refresh_rate

Avio
post #9128 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 03:41 PM

sorry basic rook here --- i have the 87s dont see halo issue ---- but have firmware 1018 as last update ---- do i need/want the newest firmware or is there something I should be aware of or scared of ----also whats best way to get the firmware update and how do you do it ----again rook but I willask the dumb questions ---thanks
post #9129 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post

I'm HDTV-less and considered the Sony 60A3000 (in showroom blacks looked a bit gray), the Mitsubishi 73 inch (big immersive screen but color wheel!), and the Samsung 61 inch LED. I'm leaning towards the Samsung, but am concerned about screen bowing, and that buzzing noise. But here's something from a review on Amazon that's interesting re: the buzz.

Anyone think that there will be a larger Samsung LED screen soon?

"4 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning HD Picture, November 6, 2007
By Bluesdude (Columbus, OH) - See all my reviews
The quality of the picture in High Def is outstanding. Delivery was quick. There was a problem with the cooling fan rubbing against the back of the set, which made a horrible buzzing noise, but I called Samsung and placed a warranty call and within 4 days I had a technician out to fix the problem. According to him this has been a common problem on this set and just requires a simple adjustment to the placement of the fan. Problem fixed and everything is good."

Merry Christmas

Yeah I have seen that too. Its even mentioned somewhere in this huge post. Its either the fan issue or its the LED engine. Although the buzz seems to have different levels depending on screen brightness. You would think if it was the fan it would always be constant.
post #9130 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashid11 View Post

Methinks Sams drop refresh down to 24Hz, as opposed to doing 5:5 @ 120Hz.
If they were to 5:50 120, they'd advertise it as a major feature

Judder limitations of 24p are well known to people that make movies and they
actively counter that with assorted techniques when shooting them.

Panning across highly-detailed backgrounds is a definite no-no.

With DLP technology in our sets, it takes a minute fraction of time, compared to old
film-projector technology, to redraw the screen with content of a new frame, so the
problem of flicker per-se is not there.

I agree about them wanting to advertise 120. Could it be that these tvs were released before the 120Hz hype started? But it seems the marketing people would have added that info to literature so people would know.

It's true a skilled DP will do things to reduce/avoid frame-rate strobing but I still see it often at the movies or home theater. There's only so much you can do for 24fps. I would expect to be able to notice flickering at such a low refresh rate, but is that perhaps because LEDs are so fast? In fact I don't notice a difference between 24Hz and 60Hz on the 89 I have.

Avio those links have some good info. I was asking in the context of these specific tvs, if there is some kind of difference in what 24p/Hz means. But it seems it means the same thing as mentioned in the Wiki. Hz refers to the refresh rate at which 24p source is displayed, right?

NOT speaking of service issues...Do I need to worry that I don't hear any fan at all? Even the book says there could be a fan after the unit is turned off. Oh, and yesterday I started getting a slight buzzing like others have mentioned from the left vents.
post #9131 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzfish43 View Post

sorry basic rook here --- i have the 87s dont see halo issue ---- but have firmware 1018 as last update ---- do i need/want the newest firmware or is there something I should be aware of or scared of ----also whats best way to get the firmware update and how do you do it ----again rook but I willask the dumb questions ---thanks

BUZZFISH43:
From my experience so far, the only way you can get the new firmware is to contact Samsung directly. I have the 5687SAX and when I tried to get the new firmware out of them via live chat, they said there wasn't any newer firmware than what I already have. (I have the 1008) I don't know if that's a crock of S*!T or not, so I too am in the same boat.

If anyone could please tell both of us newbs the real deal, it would be great.
-BLACKTOOTHGRIN

-BLACKTOOTHGRIN
post #9132 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain View Post

lol and what about the cnet review and the screen shots and the a/b comparison testimony and the comments in that last link you yourself provided indicating that some will accept 24hz?

at this point all i can ask is that current and prospective 87 and 89 series owners please disregard lord vader's comments. he is incorrect

Look, I'd LOVE to be wrong. After all, it's a feature I WANT. Why don't you come over and show me how to take a non-24p capable TV and make it 24p capable? Believe me, I've tried. Samsung and Panasonic people have worked with me to figure it out, and every time, each one of them says the same thing: the 6189S cannot show 24p.

Again, if you can possible tell me how to magically get my BD30's grayed out, nonselectable 24p option to become selectable, I'm all ears. However, as I've said numerous times: the option is not selectable; consequently, per both Panny's and Sammy's explanation, I cannot get 24p on my TV. I'm not happy with that, but the fact remains unchanged and irrefutable, incorrect spec sheets and CNet reviews notwithstanding.
post #9133 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rman222
Hi all,
I ordered the HLT6187SAX from the big river but received a HLT6187S. I don't see any geometry problems and no blue halo (though I haven't put up the test .jpg yet). SSE takes some getting used to, though it is much better with the contrast turned down.

My question is, should I request that I get a replacement HLT6187SAX or leave well enough alone and stick with the HLT6187S?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Joe H

Hey Joe, I have the opposite situation... I ordered the "S" model a couple of months ago and got the "SAX". There is a lot of confusion about the two. They appear to be pretty much identical. I tend to think that it is the designation difference is the country or plant of manufacture. Most stores show it as an "S" model but when you look on the serial number plate, some of the units show up as "SAX". Amazon is the only place I have seen actually advertise it as the "SAX" model.

If yours works fine, I would just enjoy and move on.

Steve,
Thanks for the reply. I guess bird in hand is worth more than possible unknown improvements from the possibly newer SAX model.
Thanks again,
Joe
post #9134 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

well here is a new i think .. i have bean noteicing that my 61s goes dim and than goes bright again .. but it is almost like it is lagging .. if you get what i am saying ..

it is almost like it is not keeping up with the speed of the picture ... , i wonder if there is a problem with the led engine
post #9135 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new teq joe View Post

well here is a new i think .. i have bean noteicing that my 61s goes dim and than goes bright again .. but it is almost like it is lagging .. if you get what i am saying ..

it is almost like it is not keeping up with the speed of the picture ... , i wonder if there is a problem with the led engine

Is it possible you have Dynamic Contrast ON? I haven't tried turning mine on but in my mind the thing you're describing sounds like what this would do.
Picure -->Detailed Settings -->Dynamic Contrast.
post #9136 of 14886 Old 12-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I had hoped, albeit futilely, that today's firmware upgrade for the Panasonic BD30 player might, just might, address the 24p issue on my 6189S. Alas, it did not. My 24p setting is still grayed out with the explanation that my TV isn't compatible for 24p output. So much for me being "wrong."
post #9137 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 12:41 AM

is there a way to adjust focus in the service menu. Looks like it's all in code.

Also, how do you navigate?? It seems like the buttons for the regular menu don't do the same thing in the service menu. and what is the proper way to exit the service menu? Do you have to power off the tv?
post #9138 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 06:50 AM

For those who have (or are worried about) the buzzing sound (not a hum) it is the "LED Driver" (part #13P96-01803A). You know you have a problem if the buzzing gets louder, when the picture gets brighter.

A tech must come out to you place and replace the entire LED light engine. The tech showed me the old one on my unit causing the sound and one of the LED's cover had an ugle brown streak from an electrical short.

If you are within the 1st of year of owning the TV, no worries. Call Samsung CS and get a hook-up with a local tech. It took my tech all of 20 minutes to replace the drive unit. It's just one big "brick."

Hope this helps.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Gamertag: One Big Wizz
post #9139 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Is it possible you have Dynamic Contrast ON? I haven't tried turning mine on but in my mind the thing you're describing sounds like what this would do.
Picure -->Detailed Settings -->Dynamic Contrast.

no i tried that it is like the brightness is having a tough time keeping upi with the frames .. and the pic is still very good but i do notice it being darker than it was at my settings ... something is not right ... i think light engine ...maybe
post #9140 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I had hoped, albeit futilely, that today's firmware upgrade for the Panasonic BD30 player might, just might, address the 24p issue on my 6189S. Alas, it did not. My 24p setting is still grayed out with the explanation that my TV isn't compatible for 24p output. So much for me being "wrong."

Vader:
I certainly cannot definitively diagnose your situation. Although my experience with Samsung Customer Service may lead you to a different interpretation...

When I was first looking to get a new LED DLP, I talked to a number of techies about the Samsung HLT xx87S/xx89S sets and 24fps was one of the features that was touted as being an advantage of these sets. So, I went ahead and bought one (HLT 6187S). I also bought a Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray DVD player. I enabled the 24 fps in the DVD player and had significant picture breakup on the display until I disabled the 24 fps.

So I started talking to Samsung Customer Service (they have quite a file on me now 8^). At various times I have been told by Samsung that my 6187 is not 24fps compatible as well as being told that whoever said that my HLT 6187S is not 24fps compatible doesn't know what s/he is talking about. Who can you believe?

I am currently running updated firmware version 1026 in my TV (IMPORTANT NOTE: The firmware versions for the xx87S and xx89S displays have different numbering systems) and it does display 24fps and indicates this when I hit the "Info" button on the display remote control. I get this indication (i.e., "1920 X 1080P @ 24 fps") when I am playing a film-based movie on my BD-P1400 or when I hook up a friend's Playstation 3 and force 24 fps playback. It is unclear to me why the display would even be capable of indicating it is displaying 24 fps if it did not have that ability...

My current problem (unrelated to your issue) is that there are a series of delays in playback REGARDLESS OF WHETHER I AM PLAYING BACK 24 fps OR NOT that cause the image to shudder every once in a while (this is NOT "judder" but a playback issue in the DVD player). Current consensus among Samsung Customer Service folks (regardless of whether I am talking to the display folks or the Blu-Ray DVD folks) is that there is a problem with the DVD player and they are working on it. Consensus on the boards is that Samsung (engineers AND customer service folks) are confusing 24 fps with 23.937 fps as Toshiba did for a while but I'm not enough of a techie to be able to explain that to you clearly...

So, when Samsung gets around to updating the firmware for its BD-P1400 Blu-Ray player, I will not only have 24 fps playback (as I do now) but it will be without the slight delays that I am (and MANY, MANY other BD-P1400 owners are) currently seeing.

One possible interpretation of your situation is that there is a compatibility issue between your Panasonic and your 89S that no firmware will ever resolve, so they are telling you that the 89S is not capable of displaying 24fps. If this is the case, their response is inexact and they have generated confusion as a result.

Another possibility (which I myself have experienced many times) is that the customer service people just don't have a clue what they are talking about and are parroting what they have been told to say. You, the customer, are given conflicting information and, because Samsung doesn't want to update EVERYONE's display, you get the impression that the set is not 24 fps compatible in spite of numerous reports to the contrary.

Another possibility is the your 89S is simply not 24 fps compatible even though other Samsung HLT xx87S/xx89S displays are 24fps capable. I have no clue as to how that happened.

I do wish you luck however. One consolation is that film-based sources at 1920 X 1080P @ 60 fps is still a pretty great picture...

mnilan
post #9141 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

well wrong may be too harsh of a word, and for that i apologize. there is definitely something "not right" about your setup and how the components are communicating with one another. let me see what i can find out regarding your issue.

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #9142 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avio View Post

talbain: Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought HDMI-CEC was only available on the xx89S models. I own the 5689S and it has the following features:

- 3 HDMI ports (new version 1.3) with CEC
- Anynet+: AV network system to control Samsung AV devices from TV

My impression is that the xx87S models do not have CEC.

Avio

A little more on HDMI CEC:
http://www.e-gear.com/story/story.bs...ar=story&16282
post #9143 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:

is there a way to adjust focus in the service menu. Looks like it's all in code.

Also, how do you navigate?? It seems like the buttons for the regular menu don't do the same thing in the service menu. and what is the proper way to exit the service menu? Do you have to power off the tv?

I bought the service manual, mainly for my own understanding of what I should/should not do on my own on my 5689S.

What I did find out from a quick skim-through, is that focus is a hardware adjustment, by taking off the back, and manually adjusting a thumbwheel. This same area is also where you adjust the alignment/tilt and the "illumination adjustment", as they call it, of the DMD device.

To get out of the Service menu, I did the same, went into stand-by (off) and then turned the TV back on. Be advised, your set will go back to it's factory settings upon exit, at least mine did. Luckily, I had written down my adjustment parameters previously.

HD DVD: 64
Blu ray : 173
SD DVD: 621
post #9144 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnilan View Post

Vader:
I certainly cannot definitively diagnose your situation. Although my experience with Samsung Customer Service may lead you to a different interpretation...

When I was first looking to get a new LED DLP, I talked to a number of techies about the Samsung HLT xx87S/xx89S sets and 24fps was one of the features that was touted as being an advantage of these sets. So, I went ahead and bought one (HLT 6187S). I also bought a Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray DVD player. I enabled the 24 fps in the DVD player and had significant picture breakup on the display until I disabled the 24 fps.

So I started talking to Samsung Customer Service (they have quite a file on me now 8^). At various times I have been told by Samsung that my 6187 is not 24fps compatible as well as being told that whoever said that my HLT 6187S is not 24fps compatible doesn't know what s/he is talking about. Who can you believe?

I am currently running updated firmware version 1026 in my TV (IMPORTANT NOTE: The firmware versions for the xx87S and xx89S displays have different numbering systems) and it does display 24fps and indicates this when I hit the "Info" button on the display remote control. I get this indication (i.e., "1920 X 1080P @ 24 fps") when I am playing a film-based movie on my BD-P1400 or when I hook up a friend's Playstation 3 and force 24 fps playback. It is unclear to me why the display would even be capable of indicating it is displaying 24 fps if it did not have that ability...

My current problem (unrelated to your issue) is that there are a series of delays in playback REGARDLESS OF WHETHER I AM PLAYING BACK 24 fps OR NOT that cause the image to shudder every once in a while (this is NOT "judder" but a playback issue in the DVD player). Current consensus among Samsung Customer Service folks (regardless of whether I am talking to the display folks or the Blu-Ray DVD folks) is that there is a problem with the DVD player and they are working on it. Consensus on the boards is that Samsung (engineers AND customer service folks) are confusing 24 fps with 23.937 fps as Toshiba did for a while but I'm not enough of a techie to be able to explain that to you clearly...

So, when Samsung gets around to updating the firmware for its BD-P1400 Blu-Ray player, I will not only have 24 fps playback (as I do now) but it will be without the slight delays that I am (and MANY, MANY other BD-P1400 owners are) currently seeing.

One possible interpretation of your situation is that there is a compatibility issue between your Panasonic and your 89S that no firmware will ever resolve, so they are telling you that the 89S is not capable of displaying 24fps. If this is the case, their response is inexact and they have generated confusion as a result.

Another possibility (which I myself have experienced many times) is that the customer service people just don't have a clue what they are talking about and are parroting what they have been told to say. You, the customer, are given conflicting information and, because Samsung doesn't want to update EVERYONE's display, you get the impression that the set is not 24 fps compatible in spite of numerous reports to the contrary.

Another possibility is the your 89S is simply not 24 fps compatible even though other Samsung HLT xx87S/xx89S displays are 24fps capable. I have no clue as to how that happened.

I do wish you luck however. One consolation is that film-based sources at 1920 X 1080P @ 60 fps is still a pretty great picture...

Quote:

well wrong may be too harsh of a word, and for that i apologize. there is definitely something "not right" about your setup and how the components are communicating with one another. let me see what i can find out regarding your issue.

If there was anything either of you two could figure out, I'd be grateful, because I sure can't. I've racked my brain trying to figure out why my TV is supposed to be 24p capable but isn't. I've connected my Panasonic BD30 player directly to the TV, bypassing any interim AV receiver, just to see if the HDMI handshake would pick it up. That didn't work, and neither did anything else I tried.

This 6189S I picked up at the very end of August, so it's a relatively recent build. I would imagine it has the latest firmware, but it sounds like firmware might be irrelevant here anyway. I'm all ears to any suggestions.
post #9145 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 10:37 AM

Vader it sounds like the problem is that the tv does do 24hz because there are multiple people that can get 24hz including me. It's the player that doesnt see the tv capable of doing 24hz. Most of us are getting 24hz on our tv because our ps3 is allowing us to force 24hz. I get 24hz on my ps3 but my hd a20 wont do it.
post #9146 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Well, the Panasonic DMP-BD30 is supposed to permit 24p to those TVs that support it, which the 6189S is alleged to do. So if everything with my TV is OK, why does my DVD player not allow me to select 24p? Two Panasonic techies tell me it's because my TV can't do 24p, yet some here dispute that. I feel like I'm caught in an endless loop of stupidity between Samsung and Panasonic.
post #9147 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:

Well, the Panasonic DMP-BD30 is supposed to permit 24p to those TVs that support it, which the 6189S is alleged to do. So if everything with my TV is OK, why does my DVD player not allow me to select 24p? Two Panasonic techies tell me it's because my TV can't do 24p, yet some here dispute that. I feel like I'm caught in an endless loop of stupidity between Samsung and Panasonic.

Possibly firmware in either the Panny, the Sammy, or both. Scenarios incl: P doesnt see flag from S, P doesnt recognize flag AS flag from S, S doesnt have flag at all(*likely*), or is improperly addressed for the Panny to see. I would probably suspect the Sammy,(IMHO) only due to the Sammy NOT being recognized by it's own same branded equipment (or so I have been reading here). The only thing that seems to work is a "forced-mode" output in 24p that is input to the HLT and properly recognized BY the HLT. As for flags and/or "handshaking" for 24p, I bet it doesnt exist in the Sammy firmware at all and has yet to be added....

Whadd'ya think?
Or is my head where the-sun-don't-shine?
post #9148 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 01:35 PM

I have no problem forcing 24p with my PS3 on my HL-T5689S.
post #9149 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 01:58 PM

i bought a 5689 about two weeks ago.have not noticed any noise or halo's.seems to be fine.i have a bright spot in the lower middle of the screen but it appears to be room light reflection because it's there even with the tv unpluged.after reading about 24fps or 24 hz. i put a blu ray movie(planet earth) in the ps3.info displayed 60hz.after the display window dissappered i hit the info button again and it showed 24hz. my model# is the 5689SX/XAA Version RE01 so far happy happy w/the set.
post #9150 of 14886 Old 12-26-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasikahl View Post

I have no problem forcing 24p with my PS3 on my HL-T5689S.

I have no problems with 24p off my PS3 on my fathers HL-T5687S either. My broken HL-T5676S also played 24p before it died. Still waiting to hear from Samsung (been 2 weeks so far) on whether they are going to give me a 5687S as a replacement.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Tv Lamp Bp96 01795a For Samsung Hlt5076s Hlt5676s Hlt6176s Hlt6176sx Hlt6176 Hlt5676sx Xaa Hlt5076wx
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page