Forum Jump: 

post #14911 of 14912 Old 01-18-2015, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyr5 View Post
Same here - flashing LED's, replaced caps, still flashing, but the TV works perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwflorida View Post
Yes, here's how I fixed my HL-T6187.
First, a TV Tech replaced the swollen caps on the power supply board. I don't know the part number, but it's the one on the right, looking at the back of the set.
However, that did not stop the flashing LEDs, so the Tech pulled the other power supply board, part number BP44-01001C, the one on the left side, and he noticed that it appeared "burned" like it might have been hit by an electrical surge.
That board's discontinued and was not easy to find, but I kept searching online and finally got one from AllProTVParts.com.
The Tech installed it today, and the LEDs are no longer flashing, and the sudden shut-off problem has gone away too.
I think that replacing both those power supply boards should probably fix your set too.
I have the same power board BP44-01001C. Pulled it and caps looked OK, but still had the flashing lights. I found one on fleabay a couple of weeks ago. Guy was selling it as an untested pull from a broken TV. I took a chance and got it for $10.51 !! Put it in my HLT5087 and NO MORE FLASHING LIGHTS.
I had already replaced the caps on the sub-power board a few months ago. I will now replace the caps on the main power board that I removed and hopefully have a good spare.

Happy Camper now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14912 of 14912 Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all! It's been a few years since I've been on these boards. I'm one of the fortunate HLT61 & 5687s owners that had almost flawless use. I replaced the DLP chip in my 61 about a 1.5 yrs ago after noticing the white dots. My 56 has been perfect *knocks on wood*...

Anyway, last week I noticed a weird issue with my 61. Fiance went to turn on the TV and received a green pixelated - almost white noise looking - image. Initially I thought it was our Onkyo receiver, so I disconnected everything, reconnected, and a couple restarts and everything worked again. I chalked it up to a loose HDMI cable. Well today it did it again.

After today's issue I decided to try and narrow it down better. Ultimately, I determined it was the TV/HDMI input that is causing the problem. Unfortunately I did not snap a photo, but I will next time. I ended up just unplugging the TV from the outlet and everything worked again no issues. As of now, I'm not really going to worry about but wanted to know if any other owners have experienced this problem? If so, what is the cause?
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Tv Lamp Bp96 01795a For Samsung Hlt5076s Hlt5676s Hlt6176s Hlt6176sx Hlt6176 Hlt5676sx Xaa Hlt5076wx
Gear in this thread - 01795a by PriceGrabber.com